March 28, 2024, 03:40:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ELVIS...ELVIS....ELVIS - EVERYTHING ELVIS  (Read 145146 times)
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2009, 10:00:14 AM »

Hey Sea, Do you have Elvis's Moody Blue album? The one that is a beautiful blue color? I have it! I wonder how much it's worth now; although there's no way I'd ever part with it!
My favorite album is Live from Madison Square Garden. I swear we almost wore that one out when we were kids! We would stay a week with cousins & just have a blast dressing up like Elvis & lip syncing to all the songs. i still know every note & word to every song  I don't ever remember a time when we didn't listen to Elvis!

And by the way, I do have Lisa Marie's cd's. Her music is very dark & moody & no she is not the singer her father is! But when that cd was released I wore that one out too! I know every song on it by heart  I don't care for her style of music; she actually sounds much better when she sings her Dad's songs! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2009, 10:11:26 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/We8P_Ww27hY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/We8P_Ww27hY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2009, 11:07:42 AM »

Hi, Sea, I found one picture, I guess my Mom has the rest of them. We saw Elvis on June 2, 1977; just a couple months before he died, in Mobile, Al. We had 4th row tickets & the entire experience was surreal. I was 16 & my Mom had always been a huge Elvis fan. We went with other family including my sister who was 14 at the time. I have a picture of my sister holding onto a scarf at the edge of the stage(along with about 20 women) but I can't find that one! They wrestled the scarf from her though! I remember being in awe the entire time looking up at him. There was alot of talk about him being sick. He was bloated & even forgot words to songs he's been singing for years(he had to use notes)! He even threw a cup of water on his girl singers at one point & it seemed to really hack them off!  Still, we thought we were in heaven! I loved every minute of it & we were in shock when the news came that he had died. I visited Graceland with some friends a few months later, before it was opened to the public. We could only stand at the gate but I managed to pull a small rock out of the wall. When my Dad built a stone fireplace in our den, he put that rock front & center(at my request)!  Anyway, thought you might like to see this pic!

WOW Monken....to be so close...

I've only been a big fan of Elvis for about ten years now...having grown up in an English home, my mum use to listen to Tom Jones all the time..I love his voice and have seen him live several times..I have almost all of his albums (it's a slightly smaller collection than Elvis)
anyway..about ten years ago I happened to watch an Elvis special and I was hooked..many of my friends crack jokes about his appearance in the later years but none of them really knew anything about this amazing man. The story of his life I can never get enough of especially his generosity toward people and his unceasing desire to make people happy using a gift, only God could have given him..that amazing voice. He can take any song and make it his own..and make it better. I love his gospel music most..his voice is perfect for it. You wouldn't believe the number of people I know, Christians mostly, that never knew he sung gospel music. They only talk about his death..and never about his life....

I heard it best in a special I watched about his death "he died of terminal apathy" He didn't want to be Elvis anymore...imagine never being able to walk down the street or stop and have lunch at a restaurant without getting completely mauled to death...having to go shopping (before the internet) by getting the owner to open the doors in the middle of the night..or rent a movie theatre just so you could watch a movie with your family (before dvd)
Ironically..it was his fans who ultimately killed him.. JMO

Even though I wasn't a fan at the time..I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news that he died... every time I see his funeral, it brings me to tears.
One of two life's wishes for me before I go, is to visit Graceland..it must be amazing to walk through...some day I hope

anyway..I could go on and on...thanks so much for sharing the pic..it must have been a great show..sry to ramble on..if you find more pics, please post...I'd love to see them 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2009, 11:11:15 AM »

We were also big Tom Jones fans! In fact, his weekly variety show on tv was a must see for us. Did you get to see it? My Mom still has all of her Tom Jones albums & 45's, along with the Elvis ones, of course!  My Mom & her sister saw Elvis here at a fair in 1955 when they were teenagers. Elvis was not well know yet. In fact, when my aunt was here Christmas we were talking about this. They climbed a fence to get in to see him & he signed their tennis shoes & the back of their tshirts! I asked my Mom a long time ago why she didn't save them & she said they didn't have alot & those shoes & shirts were washed many times because they needed them to wear. Somewhere along the way, they were gone!  I would give almost anything to have those autographs now! My aunt said they thought he was so cute & polite & their Mom(my grandmother) liked him because he was so good to his mother! They also said they felt kinda sorry for him because his suit was wrinkled because he was living out of a suitcase. But man could he sing!!!! They've loved him ever since & along came my sister, brother & I & the love was passed on. We were in Orlando, Fl. visiting my aunt when we got the news of his death. i will never forget that the longest day I live! I also love his gospel music, my favorites are Lead Me, Guide Me & Bosom of Abraham! My hubby went on a business trip to Memphis a few years ago & got to go through Graceland & the "Lisa Marie" & saw all of the cars & his grave. i want to go there now, too. i would love to see it all! Elvis was a very kind & generous man, a true southern gentleman. By  the way, Lisa Marie looks just like him(I know you know that) & so does her daughter Riley! I would love to see what the twins look like.  I could go on & on too, but you're probably tired of reading!  Oh, also his birthplace is in Tupelo, MS which is a little north of me. I'll get the other pics from my Mom & post them. Thanks for reminiscing with me. 

This is from Monken...

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2009, 11:14:10 AM »

Good Morning Lucinda.. (for you anyway  )

The "million dollar quartet" was a fluke get together of Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash and Elvis..they just happened to get together one day in Sun records studio and started jamming together...Sam Phillips decided to turn on the recorder and the rest is history....

Here's a link to a You Tube and from there are some more of the songs they did. Elvis was number 1 on the charts at the time so he is the one singing and talking mostly..
but it's just amazing to sit back and listen, imagining what it must have been like to be in that room..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQgNnV7s3bk

[/quote]

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2009, 11:15:41 AM »

Hi Monken... sorry this is so late

I had one he** of a day today and we're preparing for yet another snow storm  All part of life in "America's Winter Playground"

First...I don't remember the Tom Jones TV show but I know of it...I have many of his albums and cd's of them but I don't think he had the marketing and memorabilia that came with Elvis.. I was thrilled to watch a recording, a couple of years ago, of Tom live at Cardiff Castle in Wales..it's good to see him still performing and he still sounds great although at 60+, his voice can't quite hold the top notes like he use to..but he can still charm the ladies...

Now Elvis....I so envy your  moms generation for being able to watch Elvis spring from nowhere to superstar..my MIL was a big Elvis fan too and she's always telling me stories about him from her teen years. My FIL's mother (my wife's grandmother) spent her last weeks listening to Elvis's gospel recordings in the hospital..so when I have it playing while they visit, it always brings up memories , good ones, of her for my family..she was a very loved woman who lead a hard but happy life (her husband passed when my FIL was only 3 and she raised 6 children on her own..) They gave me a new Elvis book this Christmas..can't wait to read it..

WOW about the autographs... it's too bad they didn't still exist..I thought everyone took things like that and locked them in glass cases  My mums always giving me Elvis stuff (she's an antique dealer) but nothing with his signature on it..I keep hoping she'll find something one day..if you've ever seen "Elvis, that's the way it is" there's a woman who comes up to the stage with a drawing she'd made of Elvis, and he signed it for her.....  Bahega (sp) was her name. Can you imagine what that's worth!!...not that I'd ever sell it if it was mine..but man. All my friends always tell me I should put my Elvis stuff on ebay (I have some things worth a few hundred dollars nothing really special) but I will never part with them..some things are worth more than money.

I kinda lost track of Lisa Marie when she hooked up with Michael Jackson (not a fan) I always thought Elvis would be turning in his grave..I know she tried to put her own album out but I don't think it did very well...not sure...she does look like her father..that's so sad to think about..any child losing a parent so young *sniff* ..

Your husband is soooooo lucky...I wanna go sooooo bad. I hope both you and I  (probably not together  ) can get to Graceland...it's a long way for me. Just to walk around the grounds and through the house, see all the cars and all of the suits, records, guitars, the Lisa Marie... ahhhh the list is so long. It's got to happen someday it's just gotta..  Can you visit his house in Tupelo ?? is it something to see ?

Well...I'll cut this now or I wont have anything else to say next time  and it's getting late for me to type seriously..I can hang out in the forum, posting a few jokes here and there but that doesn't take much thought.. I will never get tired of reading your experiences about Elvis so don't feel that way please...type away, and keep looking for those missing pics 

Till next time
SS

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2009, 11:17:08 AM »

Thank you SS.  I cant get youtube until I get fast internet and new pc.  Its not long now tho, almost saved up my pennies    i saved the link tho, I cant wait to see the clip.  Id love to have been around in the days of young elvis and johnny cash, but i was a mere twinkle in my daddys eye then.  I love the rock and roll days, better than that head banging jingle they call music now, altho my son disagrees with me      I have quite a lot of johnny Cash cds, I love his voice, gives me tingles 

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2009, 11:20:40 AM »

Hi, Sea! We went through tons of pics today at my Mom's & found the other pics of Elvis. There were lonly 2 more but, they're still elvis!  I also saw the pics my Mom has of his house in Tupelo. It is a very tiny "shotgun" house, but drwas a ton of fans every year. I can post those too if you want; I didn't get them today but I can. Here are the 2 pics. One of them has a woman in a white halter top that I don't have a clue who she is: she does take up half of the damn pic though! And the other one has my sister(in the center in the striped top) reaching for a scarf! She told me today "I shoulda got that damn scarf"  Sure wish one of us had it, for sure! 

Sorry 

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2009, 11:23:08 AM »

Hi, Sea! We went through tons of pics today at my Mom's & found the other pics of Elvis. There were lonely 2 more but, they're still Elvis!  I also saw the pics my Mom has of his house in Tupelo. It is a very tiny "shotgun" house, but draws a ton of fans every year. I can post those too if you want; I didn't get them today but I can. Here are the 2 pics. One of them has a woman in a white halter top that I don't have a clue who she is: she does take up half of the damn pic though! And the other one has my sister(in the center in the striped top) reaching for a scarf! She told me today "I shoulda got that damn scarf"  Sure wish one of us had it, for sure! 

Those are great pics Monken...thanks for taking the time to find them, and post them here for me. You and your sister must have some great times reminiscing about this show..
That second photo (with your sis in it) is really cool...not only do you have Elvis in it but also JD Sumner and Charlie Hodge as well...unreal..I'm sooooooooooo jealous 
I don't know who the guy is in the blue jumpsuit..probably a singer to sing the high notes for him as he couldn't do it well in these later concerts...

Every time I see pics of Elvis at this stage of his life, it brings a tear to my eyes...(I'll admit it..some guys do get emotional) I'm a wreck after watching his funeral and listening to the
"American Trilogy" playing in the background.. I can't help it after reading so much about the person he was and not the person he became... *sniff*

Have you ever seen the show "He Touched Me..the gospel music of Elvis Presley" ? they show his funeral with the Trilogy playing at the end...I'm just gone after... for about an hour..I won't say any more about it in case you've already seen it or if you haven't, I don't want to spoil it for you if you're interested in seeing it...

It would be great to see the pics you have of his house in Tupelo, if it's not too much trouble for you..I've seen pics in books but there is something really cool about  seeing personal pics from someone who's been there... being a relatively new Elvis fan, I love hearing stories and seeing pics from those who've been fans since the begining.. 

Gotta run...Thanks Again
SS

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2009, 11:24:40 AM »

Thank you,Sea! I don't believe I've seen He Touched Me but I would love too! Is it on DVD? I'll look for it. I'll get the Tupelo pics & post them, too. I love it when I find an Elvis fan. I also have all kinds of mags & papers about his death. We were in Florida & on the way home stopped at a lot of stores & places picking up anything about Elvis. I have all of that stuff packed up & now I'm going to have to dig it out! My Mom swears I have her big book on Elvis! I don't think I do but you know Mothers  Oh, i also have an Elvis license plate I got in Memphis shortly after he died, too! I gotta go find that stuff & will post what I can! Goodnight for now 

Hi Monken...that was quick 

I have to make a correction...the Trilogy isn't played during the funeral on "He Touched Me"
I'm watching is now..I recorded it from TNN channel..it changed names..not sure what it's called now as I don't have TV any more.. I think they play the Trilogy during his funeral in the movie "This is Elvis" I'll check that but I'm pretty confident now...
You can buy He Touched Me..they advertised it during the show.. here is a link to Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/He-Touched-Me-Gospel-Presley/dp/8474029465/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1231733828&sr=1-3
It's not cheap...I wish I could burn you a copy..I'll see how big the file is but it's probably a few hundred megs..tough to email.. anyway, you can buy it if you're interested 

SS

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2009, 11:30:47 AM »

These are all of CBB's gifs for anyone interested...

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2009, 11:36:09 AM »

I know there were a couple of other casual posts...I didn't transfer over, I hope those who wrote them won't mind..

JOLfan
Scared Monkey

Proud sister of a United States Marine.

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2009, 12:45:26 PM »

Sea Searcher I wish I knew how to post actual Videos off of Youtube on here

This is one of my Fave Elvis Songs .. Just for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC7mUIC2TLg

K

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vC7mUIC2TLg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/vC7mUIC2TLg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!  I never saw this video.  As he was running down the stairs taking off his jacket and tie I started yelling...keep going!! LOL. 

Everybody's got something to hide...except for me and my monkey
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2009, 02:08:16 PM »

I hope this works Sea.

Elvis....Always On My Mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI94AsuvUUA&feature=email

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2009, 02:29:58 PM »

Elvis in Hawaii. 1957   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2009, 02:41:13 PM »

Girls! Girls! Girls! 1962

~ Peter Frampton
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2009, 11:13:57 PM »

Girls! Girls! Girls! 1962

Can't have too many... 

This is the latest in my dvd rebuild..just when I had all of the movies on vhs..they go an change everything..now I have to buy them all over again.. 

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2009, 11:39:16 PM »

Elvis in Hawaii. 1957   

This is great Trimm...I never knew he was in Hawaii before making Blue Hawaii in 1960

Have you seen Paradise Hawaiian Style ? It was filmed at the Hawaiian Cultural Center which I went to back when I was 11..the shows are just like in the movie but without Elvis, of course...It was really amazing and I still remember it..which is even more amazing  I'll have to ask my mum if she still has the photo's

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RwxEKBTHP64&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/RwxEKBTHP64&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 12:17:40 AM by klaasend » Logged

crazybabyborg
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2009, 12:13:16 AM »

I'm here too, Klaas! Inquiring minds want to know, and  I don't know how to do it either! Thanks In Advance!!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2009, 12:13:54 AM »

To have a YouTube video show up in your post.

1.  In Youtube click on the EMBEDED link and copy it
2.  Paste that link in your message
3.  PREVIEW your message and notice the hyperlink that is showing (usuallly ends in a -1)
4.  Copy that hyperlink because that is the one you are really going to use
5.  Go back and FIX your post by deleting the EMBEDED links and pasting the Hyperlink you copied
6.  Highlight the hyperlink
7.  Click on the FLASH icon
8.  Change the size from 200,200 to 600,485
9.  Preview (just to be certain) and post
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.