March 28, 2024, 01:19:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ELVIS...ELVIS....ELVIS - EVERYTHING ELVIS  (Read 145138 times)
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2009, 02:32:56 PM »

Sea? Hello.......anybody home?Just checking on you. 

Wonder if you can find the song A Mountain This Time ?

Hi Trimm... I hope this is the one you're looking for, Elvis recorded it a couple of times but I think the Aloha performance is the best..he was kind of stiff in this concert as he didn't want to make any mistakes broadcasting to the whole world. As many know, he would forget lines stumble around on stage in kind of a stupor which was partially due to his bad sight but mostly from the drugs he was taking.
For this concert, he trimmed  down and worked hard. It was just the challenge he had been lacking in his life for the past couple of years. After this concert, everything really went down hill, so I like to remember him this way.

You Gave Me a Mountain...Jan 14, 1973
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vh6OkWNFGRE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/vh6OkWNFGRE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2009, 02:51:18 PM »

Hi Sea. I was asking about you in the Caylee thread.  I dont know what happend but I am sorry it did.  I have your family in my prayers. Bye for now. A 1

Hi A-1...I saw you asking last night I just wasn't up to posting as my wife and I both got what my son had and it's wiped us out. Thanks for the prayers..we are supposed to get a report on my FIL tomorrow so I'm hoping for a good day.. I just check in here..it lifts my spirits to hunt down songs for my monkey friends..which is good medicine.

I hope things are going well for you in Texas.. the reason I referred to it as out of the country is because of a gaming friend I have from there...he says Texas never officially joined the union....needless to say, I humor him 

Gotta keep it Elvis..you know how I hate to go Off Topic 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tbp1JIrcHZs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Tbp1JIrcHZs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2009, 05:31:52 PM »

Psssst.......Where are you, I can't find you and I'm all shook up!!!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2009, 05:55:29 PM »

Hey Sea, i got the pics of Elvis' birthplace. There really is not much to them other than that.Gotta scan them 1st!  These were taken in the 70's but from the website it still looks the same. They do have some other things there now though,chapel, museum etc. The following I copied from the site, take care!
Birthplace Facility

This house was built in 1934 by Vernon, Vester and their father, Jesse Presley. Vernon Presley borrowed $180.00 from Mr. Orville Bean, the man he worked for in a dairy at that time. Vernon was very proud of the fact that he built the interior door all by himself. The hammer they used is in the museum.

On January 8, 1935, Gladys Presley gave birth to twin boys in this room. Jesse Garon was stillborn. The other twin was named Elvis Aaron Presley.

Work was hard to find. When Elvis was about two and a half years old, Vernon lost the house for lack of payment. At that time the family moved next door to live with Vernon’s parents, Minnie and Jesse.

Over the next few years Vernon and Gladys worked at various jobs in and around Tupelo. Gladys sewed for Reed Manufacturing and Tupelo Garment Company. Vernon drove a truck for L.P. McCarty and another wholesale company. He also did some sharecropping. The family moved several more times in Tupelo. When Elvis went from Lawhon to Milam School the family moved closer to Milam school.

Elvis would often take his guitar to the overlook and play it while looking over the lights of Tupelo. Often he would dream of a better day and a greater, more meaningful life for himself and his family.

Vernon worried about his family and their future in Tupelo. In November of 1948 when Elvis had just begun the eight grade, Vernon decided to move the family to Memphis in hopes of finding a better way of life for the Presley's. They sold all the furniture that they had at the time, loaded what was left in and on top of their 1939 Plymouth and headed for Memphis. And as you all know, the rest is history.

The furniture in the house today is NOT the original furniture but is accurate to the time period when the Presley's lived here. It is similar and placed in the approximate location as it was when they lived here, according to Vernon Presley. The basic structure is original. The ceiling and roof have been replaced. The house is located on the original location it was built

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2009, 06:09:04 PM »

The 1st pic,if it posts correctly, is what it looks like now!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2009, 06:10:33 PM »

GOOD GRIEF, I SHOULDA RESIZED IN PHOTOBUCKET!!!   

Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2009, 06:49:25 PM »

Wow!  This is a really nice Elvis thread.  Thank you all for sharing your photos, videos, info and all.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2009, 08:50:47 PM »

GOOD GRIEF, I SHOULDA RESIZED IN PHOTOBUCKET!!!   

Hey Monken !!

Those are really cool..    Actually, I like the pictures as big as this and not through photobucket, so I cal download them and view them in my own viewer...these pic's you took yourself ? For me that's nostalgic and makes them better than a book photo..if you live not too far, you'll have to snap some more and we can compare..

Did you find these in that box your hubby dug out?  any other goodies 
Did you find your mom's Great Big Book of Everything Elvis ? 

I'm a bit sick right now but I'll keep checking in when I can...THANKS !!!

Take Care
SS

nomorenekkiddogs
Scared Monkey

Why wear fur when you can run around "Nekkid"

« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2009, 09:00:49 PM »

AWESOME, I have never been over here.  I was and am a big fan of elvis and remember watching the movies he did with my dad.  My dad loved to sing too and there are several songs that make me think of him and cry.....  Keep up the great work Sea, I will have to check out the rest of this thread.

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2009, 09:02:07 PM »

I was browsing around some other sections of the monkeys site and discovered another Elvis thread here started by Mrs Red  back on the 30th anniversary of Elvis's passing... It's only one page but there's a lot of good stuff in here too..I wanted to add the link here
hope it's ok to do so..
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1959.0

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2009, 09:05:34 PM »

AWESOME, I have never been over here.  I was and am a big fan of Elvis and remember watching the movies he did with my dad.  My dad loved to sing too and there are several songs that make me think of him and cry.....  Keep up the great work Sea, I will have to check out the rest of this thread.

Hi there..always happy to see another fan.. feel free to add if you want or if you want me to look for a particular song, I've be happy to try and find it 

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2009, 09:11:15 PM »

Hi Bearly...I needed a little break as I've got a lot going on (none of it good) in my family.
I'm hoping to post more once I'm able...feeling a little better so it won't be long.. I've missed you being around, I know you got some sick family as well...I hope they are getting better and that you are doing well...

((( Prayers & Hugs )))

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2009, 09:49:13 PM »

Sea,Thanks for posting that video.I love it. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2009, 10:50:51 PM »

Hey SS!   Whatcha' doing over here?    Hope your family is doing better, now.

My favorite Elvis song is  Kentucky Rain.   That one gets me.
My second favorite is  In the Ghetto.

I grew up listening to Elvis - and remember singing Return to Sender as a little tiny kid.     

Elvis was cool.   And so are you, SS.       

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2009, 11:15:31 PM »

I grew up listening to Elvis - and remember singing Return to Sender as a little tiny kid.     

Hi Sassy.. My immediate family, including me, are still sick but recovering..still waiting info on my FIL tomorrow and my sis is still 3 weeks away (socialized medicine...bad) As you can see, I knew entering Caylee thread would be time consuming, which is fine when I'm healthy but I've only been able to lurk for short bursts so I just checked in here

I will try to track down the songs for you..return to sender is in GI Blues I believe.. the others aren't from movies...let me see what I can find ....Kentucky Rain is one of my favorites..believe it or not, I have it on a cd titled "Love Songs" 

Glad you came by..check in again, I miss the fun O/T in the cage but it's so lonely in the musings thread 

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2009, 11:46:32 PM »

Hi Bearly...I needed a little break as I've got a lot going on (none of it good) in my family.
I'm hoping to post more once I'm able...feeling a little better so it won't be long.. I've missed you being around, I know you got some sick family as well...I hope they are getting better and that you are doing well...

((( Prayers & Hugs )))

Prayers and Hugs to you, too.  (I originally said prayers and Jugs to you, glad I read back over it.  ).  You are never far from my thoughts.  It's good to know someone cares. 

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2009, 11:49:35 PM »

Hi Sassy.. My immediate family, including me, are still sick but recovering..still waiting info on my FIL tomorrow and my sis is still 3 weeks away (socialized medicine...bad) As you can see, I knew entering Caylee thread would be time consuming, which is fine when I'm healthy but I've only been able to lurk for short bursts so I just checked in here

I will try to track down the songs for you..return to sender is in GI Blues I believe.. the others aren't from movies...let me see what I can find ....Kentucky Rain is one of my favorites..believe it or not, I have it on a cd titled "Love Songs" 

Glad you came by..check in again, I miss the fun O/T in the cage but it's so lonely in the musings thread 

I know what you mean, I often think we should have an O/T thread in the Caylee section but am not quite sure how to do it.

I believe in miracles!
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2009, 12:04:14 AM »

Here you go Sassy...I had to hunt for this one. Usually I prefer the live performance video but I couldn't find one for Kentucky Rain. This one is a live recording and has some really cool backstage footage. Notice the woman in the beginning against the wall..she can't even look at Elvis..I thought she was going to faint right there but I can totally understand how overwhelmed she must have felt so close to the King 

I hope you like it 

Kentucky Rain....February, 1970 (oh so long ago...I was six  )
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cBrfy8SIYT0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/cBrfy8SIYT0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2009, 12:08:25 AM »

SS sorry I posted some non Elvis Vids here ..................... Sad

I hope your doing better and the Homestead is getting Better ... Hate it when kids are sick because you cant fix them right away .. Sigh .. It Hurts you more than it hurts them. Never ever want our babies to be sick

Hugs to You My Brother
K

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2009, 12:37:31 AM »

Ok Sassy...I have to add my own favorite version of "In the Ghetto", which is coupled together with "Don't Cry Daddy"..one of my favorite of the sad songs and one that touched me personally years ago..I had to split it up as the one I found with both together was poor quality..

Don't Cry Daddy (listen at the end..it's the beginning of In the Ghetto)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TlMclwt1XoE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/TlMclwt1XoE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

In the Ghetto
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Ox1Tore9nw&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/2Ox1Tore9nw&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.