March 28, 2024, 11:42:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ELVIS...ELVIS....ELVIS - EVERYTHING ELVIS  (Read 145128 times)
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2009, 11:46:45 PM »

I bet you say that to all the mods.  Thanks!

It is pretty scary, my Dad is still under the weather.  My son's anxiety went through the roof and he never went to sleep last night, so he was home today.

The doctor put me on steroids today to help with the pain, so I should either start feeling better or need my chest waxed!

Bearly...I don't know what else to say...I will keep All of your family in my prayers and you too, I didn't know you and your son were sick too...
Get better soon... *sniff*

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2009, 01:09:48 AM »

Bearly, Sea and I are here together.  I think I can speak for both of us.  We think you are a wonderful person and the bestest mod, and we are praying so hard for your family. Right Sea???

Thanks Always...I am really not good at finding the right words..and you found them for me.. Bearly is a wonderful, funny, and caring person.... and I'll be keeping her and her mom in my prayers ...and you too, you better not go gettin' sick on us either 

Thank you,    Do I owe you money???   
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 01:32:45 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2009, 01:16:13 AM »

I bet you say that to all the mods.  Thanks!

It is pretty scary, my Dad is still under the weather.  My son's anxiety went through the roof and he never went to sleep last night, so he was home today.

The doctor put me on steroids today to help with the pain, so I should either start feeling better or need my chest waxed!

Bearly...I don't know what else to say...I will keep All of your family in my prayers and you too, I didn't know you and your son were sick too...
Get better soon... *sniff*

I'm not sick (unless you count my obsession with monkeys) just hurting.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2009, 01:30:39 AM »

I am sorry you are sick.  Thanks for praying for my Mom.  She is still very ill and they are testing her everywhere.

Oh my...Bearly I'm sorry, You can bet I'll be keeping both of you in my prayers..prayers for healing and comfort...I'm always in here or checking in if you need someone to talk to Bearly

this song always bring peace in my heart..I hope it will yours too..

Sweet Sweet Spirit
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Ae5pjIK8lM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/9Ae5pjIK8lM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Thanks, Sea.  I did not see this until now.  It is beautiful.

It's funny how you check through posts and then see one later that you missed.  I guess we posted at the same time or something.

Thanks, your caring and humor bring a smile to my face without fail, even though the walls are crumbling at the present time.  My son was sick since before the holidays.  He went back to school for a short time and we had another 4 day holiday and there was snow on the ground.  He panicked, for one thing he had too much time off and for another he was stuck in elementary school once for 4 hours after the other kids left because his bus could not make it through the snow. 

He will be okay.  It will just take a while.  I lifted and turned him too much over the weekend while he slept because his air kept cutting off.  It was only a matter of time before I was hurting.  I have told you my son has autism, haven't I?

Thanks again, you make my day.   

« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 03:56:48 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2009, 02:51:41 AM »

SS, "Sweet, Sweet Spirit" is one of my very favorite hymns. I shared that gift you gave to Bearly. 

I'm concerned about both you, SS, and Bearly. My prayer list keep growing, but it can't outgrow God's Blessings, and just wanted you both to know that you are remembered in prayer every day.

Bearly, "just hurting" doesn't do back problems justice, and I know what it is to need and want to be depended on, through pain. It's just so hard. Please take care of yourself.

SS, my prayers are with you and your family.

Both of you need a break from struggle of any kind!!  I wish I could give it to you. I'm asking for you.  {{HUGS}}
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2009, 03:50:07 AM »

SS, "Sweet, Sweet Spirit" is one of my very favorite hymns. I shared that gift you gave to Bearly. 

I'm concerned about both you, SS, and Bearly. My prayer list keep growing, but it can't outgrow God's Blessings, and just wanted you both to know that you are remembered in prayer every day.

Bearly, "just hurting" doesn't do back problems justice, and I know what it is to need and want to be depended on, through pain. It's just so hard. Please take care of yourself.

SS, my prayers are with you and your family.

Both of you need a break from struggle of any kind!!  I wish I could give it to you. I'm asking for you.  {{HUGS}}

I was just poking around in your thread and came here to ask Sea if he saw this:

Thank you for all of your prayers, CBB, your talents astound me.  I am trying to give myself a break.  Last year at this time I would not have called my doctor, so I am improving.  I didn't want to undo what he already did for me.  Last May I had to use a wheelchair to get around, I don't want to do that again.  You can teach an old young bear new tricks.

Your hugs are very therapeutic!   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2009, 08:28:48 AM »

Knock, knock, Mr. Sea!

There is a post for you here:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4416.msg636476#msg636476

I believe in miracles!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2009, 08:39:36 AM »

GOOD GRIEF, I SHOULDA RESIZED IN PHOTOBUCKET!!!   

Hey Monken !!

Those are really cool..    Actually, I like the pictures as big as this and not through photobucket, so I cal download them and view them in my own viewer...these pic's you took yourself ? For me that's nostalgic and makes them better than a book photo..if you live not too far, you'll have to snap some more and we can compare..

Did you find these in that box your hubby dug out?  any other goodies 
Did you find your mom's Great Big Book of Everything Elvis ? 

I'm a bit sick right now but I'll keep checking in when I can...THANKS !!!

Take Care
SS

Hi Sea, hope you feel better soon! My Mom took those pics in the 70's when she was on a business trip to tupelo. i haven't ever been there. I know if I had; I'd have taken a pic of the front of the house though!  Shhhh! don't tell my Mom! 
I have a BIG note written for my hubby about those boxes & he has not gotten to them yet! Once school started I have a hard time getting him to tear himself away from the books! But I'll get him to, I promise! Once i have everything out, I'll put it in a place that is not  so hard to get to. I have waaaayyy too much stuff in my basement! BBL!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2009, 10:11:46 AM »

Is there a coffee shop in here?    I could do with a cuppa java and some Elvis to start the day.  Good morning to you Sea Searcher.  Hope you and all the rest of the Searcher family are feeling better. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2009, 03:49:06 PM »

Is there a coffee shop in here?    I could do with a cuppa java and some Elvis to start the day.  Good morning to you Sea Searcher.  Hope you and all the rest of the Searcher family are feeling better. 

oooohhh Muffy, I want that boat  ...It's mine now 

We're getting better...but now my daugher got the bug, was up cleaning the mess until early this morning..she's off to the doc's now. She's a tough cookie and was already feeling better this afternoon...hopefully that will be the end of this round 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2009, 04:32:14 PM »

oooohhh Muffy, I want that boat  ...It's mine now 

We're getting better...but now my daugher got the bug, was up cleaning the mess until early this morning..she's off to the doc's now. She's a tough cookie and was already feeling better this afternoon...hopefully that will be the end of this round 

I hope you and your family's health continues to improve.  I'm glad you've nabbed the boat.  The second I saw the boat and the driver with a hat on, I knew this was for you.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2009, 09:29:29 PM »

Hey Sea.Just stopped by to listen to some Elvis,and let you know I hope you and your family are feeling better.(trying hard to stay on topic in the Caylee thread. ) Keep on rocking.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2009, 11:39:37 PM »

Hey Sea.Just stopped by to listen to some Elvis,and let you know I hope you and your family are feeling better.(trying hard to stay on topic in the Caylee thread. ) Keep on rocking.

Hi Trimm...I'm trying to stay on topic also..but I'm so upset I missed all the fun this morning. seemed like everyone was winding up for the big doc dump..

I love this because it's Elvis but I also love Chuck too... Go Girl Go !!!!!!! Shake it !!!!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xaycq2sXPdw&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Xaycq2sXPdw&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

The man himself !!! I can only hope to be that fit when I get there.....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AEq62iQo0eU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/AEq62iQo0eU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

crazybabyborg
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2009, 03:18:44 AM »

I really like this. It's a compilation, but well done IMO and includes clips of Elvis talking. At just shy of 2 minutes, and again at 3:45-4:00, the ladies WILL notice an attribute, that I had not paid attention to before. Elvis had a NICE bubble butt!!   

BIG BOSS MAN:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mLZ1nyN7LWY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/mLZ1nyN7LWY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Here's the coffee to enjoy with the entertainment!!   

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #154 on: January 22, 2009, 03:13:50 PM »

Live Gospel with Elvis is hard to find, SS. I've only found a few, but here's one of them. He sure seems to be having a good time.......

BOSOM OF ABRAHAM:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yYbdIxWbCpI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/yYbdIxWbCpI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Oh Lordy ... Yes this is a classic ... Thank You CBB ...
I wanted to tell you SS that Elvis was " everything" to my Dad. My Dad when he was young was always told that he resembled Elvis. My Dad was born in 1932, so they would be similar in age at the same time. As Elvis, my Dad's Father's side has Cherokee Indian within ancestry. He * Dad grew up in one of the poorest area's of Kentucky, and his parents ( my Grandparents )then moved to Mich to build a Church. And that they did.
I do not know the matter of facts of what on the Church, though I do know it did exist for a long while. It did however pass hands before I was born. 
My Dad when he was young, had Jet Black hair, and always looked as he had a tan, and my Dad had dreamy Mint green eyes..snow white straight teeth, Tall and Muscular and lean. And he took pride in how he dressed, always was in the Mirror ... um hmm.  More so than his Sister ... not kidding Smile
My Dad was always teased by his brothers because my Dad would put a curler in his hair with Dippity-do...to set his Curl just right ... Before he would get all dressed up to go out and Play on a Saturday night. Then my Dad was drafted into the Military ..and even stationed in Korea ..he was teased .. and the Name Elvis would come into chatter.

My Dad, I remember, The First time I ever saw my Dad Cry was when we were on Vacation ... we were in a little motel in up state NY .. on our way to Maine. We had been driving forever .. and My Dad turned on the Radio in the Room, because he is a News Junkie and then he heard the News that Elvis had passed away ... within that last hour or so ..
My Dad yelled at everyone BE QUIET .. and he had his head right up to that radio. He got up from his seat and locked himself in the bathroom.  Could hear the water running and he came out a few minutes later ... He sat right back in his seat ...and He just Burst into tears ......
Nothing was said, the room was silent and it was very hard to see my Dad cry ..but it was too very much needed for him to do so ...
He, My Dad, to this day won't talk about Elvis. He still listens to his Music. He still Loves Him. In my Dad's Mind " Elvis" will never Die...he forever is his Brother.
And that's a good thing.
K
Once a Brother ~ Always a Brother

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2009, 12:27:21 AM »

CBB...I'm very happy you shared that gift and I'm sorry that I haven't had a chance to respond to you and thank you for the great songs you've brought to this thread. My family is healing well and as long as my baby girl doesn't get sick (which is looking good so far) then this bug has been exterminated, thanks to you and all my Monkey friends who have kept my family in your prayers...Bless you all !

It seems we share a love not only for Elvis, but also for gospel music... If you liked Sweet Sweet Spirit, then I hope you'll like this one too..

If That Isn't Love...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iU2F3Jetx9s&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/iU2F3Jetx9s&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2009, 12:42:08 AM »

Thank you,    Do I owe you money???   

...well now that you mention it..

Bearly, I didn't see you on tonight but I wanted to leave a post for you so that you know that you ARE in my thoughts and prayers every day....I hope you are feeling good today and the steroids are doing the healing you need them to do.
I hope and pray that your mom is doing better today also and that your son is overcoming his anxiety..I know you mentioned the autism before, but I don't really understand what that is so I will pray that he heals and know that he is in the best of care with his very loving and caring mother ((wink...that's you, in case you're stuck there))

Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow.. 

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2009, 01:18:47 AM »

Hi Deenie...Thank You for sharing that story about your dad...Your father is a little older than my MIL, but she's told me how devastating it was for her and her friends when they first learned about Elvis passing on (I like to use that term because my belief is that nobody "dies" ..we all go somewhere and for some that's a good thing, and for others..not so good) After hearing my MIL's stories, I feel I can relate to what your dad must have felt. Seems like the whole world cried when Elvis move on..

I laughed when you mention the teasing he got in the Army..I'm assuming the picture that you posted is actually Elvis....would you be able/willing to post an old pic of your dad for a comparison ?? I understand if you're uncomfortable with that, being in an open forum and all, It's totally up to you and I won't give it a second thought if you don't...

Sorry I haven't been able to catch up with you earlier...my life has been chaos this past week and I haven't been able to do much more than lurk and post a few bad jokes..
I hope you're doing well and that your house is coming along to your satisfaction. I peeked into your new thread but I want to talk to you first before I post, so I know what you're trying to do with it...you know how I hate to be off topic 

Till next time !!
Take care
SS

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2009, 01:34:31 AM »

Trimm..you seem to like the high energy Elvis..here's another one from the
1970 Las Vegas tour...
Believe it or not...Elvis Bombed in Vegas his first try there back in April of 1956...he wasn't ready for the type of audience at that time,...He was supposed to play for four weeks but because of the response he got, he only stayed for two..

Patch It Up...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/20VJ5S5J4bI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/20VJ5S5J4bI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2009, 07:10:54 AM »

Thanks.Best thing I've seen all morning. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.