March 28, 2024, 04:59:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ELVIS...ELVIS....ELVIS - EVERYTHING ELVIS  (Read 145154 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2009, 11:41:26 PM »

Hello Sea.  Play a song for me, cause I am very sad.

Why are you sad ?? that's not like you... 

What would you like to hear ? You know Bearly might get jealous 
It ok Sea, go watch your movie.  Besides we are being watched.  See the guest.  Thank you.

Always, a movie is just that....a movie...I don't know exactly what you're sad about but when my spirits are down..I like Gospel..This song is one of my favorites and I hope you like it...I'll be thinking of you and praying you'll be back to your happy-saucy self soon..

You'll Never Walk Alone.....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/h48f1SDvYYk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/h48f1SDvYYk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Sea Searcher ... thank you.

I realize the words were for A1 but they also spoke to me.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2009, 11:42:07 PM »

That was beautiful Janet.  I know it is late, but I have to go for a drive.   my heart is broken...

Hugs

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2009, 11:43:11 PM »

A-1, I'm sorry you are sad . . . (((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hi Sparky...you dyed your hair again  I hope everythings good for you, we keep passing by each other 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Treehouse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2009, 11:47:28 PM »

Hello Sea.  Play a song for me, cause I am very sad.

Why are you sad ?? that's not like you... 

What would you like to hear ? You know Bearly might get jealous 
It ok Sea, go watch your movie.  Besides we are being watched.  See the guest.  Thank you.

Hi, Always. Don't worry about guests. I've been a "guest" for months now. Been so busy at work that I was only able to read; couldn't get caught up enough to post. I started vacation on Friday; been reading ever since in Caylee's thread to get caught up...soon as I did, you all moved over here!

btw, SS, I saw where a couple of days ago ya'll were pondering my huge zebra butt. lol. (I still don't know how to post a normal size picture.)

About Elvis...he was my mother's heart throb when she and Dad first married. I guess that explains why Dad didn't like Elvis. Dad tells a story of Elvis passing through their home town and eating at the little BBQ joint (called The Choctaw) where Dad was a lowly busboy. Elvis handed Dad one of his signed photos. Dad took it to the kitchen and GAVE IT AWAY. Mother never forgave him.

da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2009, 11:48:13 PM »

A-1, I'm sorry you are sad . . . (((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hi Sparky...you dyed your hair again  I hope everythings good for you, we keep passing by each other 

Everything is good, I hope all is well with you!  This is picture of my wire fox terrier, Rudy! 

Karen

What day is it?  How long have I been here?
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2009, 11:50:52 PM »

That was beautiful Janet.  I know it is late, but I have to go for a drive.   my heart is broken...

Always...please be careful if your going driving while upset...I don't want anything to happen to you, but I understand the need for a quiet drive...I'll check back in tonight and I hope to see that face smiling again 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2009, 11:51:25 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

Janet

_____

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2009, 11:56:38 PM »

About Elvis...he was my mother's heart throb when she and Dad first married. I guess that explains why Dad didn't like Elvis. Dad tells a story of Elvis passing through their home town and eating at the little BBQ joint (called The Choctaw) where Dad was a lowly busboy. Elvis handed Dad one of his signed photos. Dad took it to the kitchen and GAVE IT AWAY. Mother never forgave him.

It's funny, on the movie "Elvis" they had interviews with husbands when Elvis got married and they felt about the same way as your dad did... I'll bet your mom was upset...too bad you don't still have the photo..signed photo's are hard to come by..

Treehouse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2009, 11:59:35 PM »

It's funny, on the movie "Elvis" they had interviews with husbands when Elvis got married and they felt about the same way as your dad did... I'll bet your mom was upset...too bad you don't still have the photo..signed photo's are hard to come by..

yeah, even Dad has said in recent years how that was a dumb thing for him to have done. And I jest about Mother not forgiving him. They will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary next year.
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2009, 12:27:16 AM »

Janet...

I saw your post over in the Caylee thread so I couldn't resist.. 
It's great to see new faces in the Elvis room !!!

Such A Night....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mLez6n-kLxg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/mLez6n-kLxg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2009, 04:18:01 AM »

Good Morning all,
I just love coming here and reading everyones happy memories about Elvis. I am waiting to see what Monken finds in here Elvis box. It's always so much fun to look though our things after they have been put away for awhile, and thank her for the pictures she posted they are great. I never got to see Elvis in person so I really was glad to see the pics from his show. I want to thank SS for the welcome. Have yet to post in the Caylee thread. But enjoy reading everyones thoughts. I remember my dad was a big Elvis fan also. He bought our first stereo so he could play Old Shep. My sibs remember other songs but that's the first one I remember. So I grew up with his music in our home. Have always loved his music. I hope all the monkeys are doing better. Have wonderful day.
God Bless
DG

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2009, 08:28:03 AM »

Here you go Always1 - it's not Elvis though.  It's a feel good song    :

You are Soooooo Off Topic 

ROTFL 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2009, 08:37:36 AM »

Good Morning Always...
I hope you're feeling happier this morning ! I was thinkin' about you last night and this morning, and a song popped into my head, that I wished I'd thought of last night..
This movie's new to me but on my top 5 of the 31+ Elvis movies.. anyway this song is just for you, to brighten your day..I hope

Have a Happy.... 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6mhEdv0607s&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/6mhEdv0607s&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: January 25, 2009, 09:15:47 AM »

Since I'm on the subject of "Change of Habit" ...After a string of very silly Elvis movies, he got a bit more serious with his last film..There are only a few songs in it and this is one of them....I prefer the original but I like to keep an open mind..

Rubberneckin'.... the original...1969

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nva7dMOBuCI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Nva7dMOBuCI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

I like how they've got Elvis projected on the buildings..good to see the young people enjoying themselves.. this is PG 13 for those who are concerned 

The Remix....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pC7-NzEK9xY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/pC7-NzEK9xY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #194 on: January 25, 2009, 09:22:55 AM »

Bringing Elvis to the new generation.. a lotta fun here.. 

"Wanna Listen to the King..." 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/w-2KLaMFHOU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/w-2KLaMFHOU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2009, 09:45:02 AM »

Here you go Sassy...I had to hunt for this one. Usually I prefer the live performance video but I couldn't find one for Kentucky Rain. This one is a live recording and has some really cool backstage footage. Notice the woman in the beginning against the wall..she can't even look at Elvis..I thought she was going to faint right there but I can totally understand how overwhelmed she must have felt so close to the King 

I hope you like it 

Kentucky Rain....February, 1970 (oh so long ago...I was six  )
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cBrfy8SIYT0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/cBrfy8SIYT0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Thanks for putting that together SS!    Its great!   I was nine years old in Feb 1970 - it doesn't seem that long ago!      Hugs!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2009, 09:52:36 AM »

thor... walkin in memphis last summer... and more of the creepy graffiti wall
Kim....these are AWSOME !! When this thread started, It was because of some photo's Monken had of an Elvis concert and I was so hoping that more Monkeys would post personal pic's or stories about Elvis and/or Graceland...Wendi, who keeps giving me a hard time about Graceland, lives nearby and I hope she can post some pictures for us as well...
Looking up YouTube vids is fun but this is really what I am hoping for.. THANKS !!

Hi All, I haven't had much time to check here until this morn! My name is somewhere on that wall!! It's been soooo long ago i hope it's still there, I doubt I could ever find it, but it was in Jan 1978 when I was there! i think i have pics of that visit, I'll look, but i don't remember them being very good! Still gotta get those boxes out, Sea!!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2009, 10:04:23 AM »

Good Morning all,
I just love coming here and reading everyones happy memories about Elvis. I am waiting to see what Monken finds in here Elvis box. It's always so much fun to look though our things after they have been put away for awhile, and thank her for the pictures she posted they are great. I never got to see Elvis in person so I really was glad to see the pics from his show. I want to thank SS for the welcome. Have yet to post in the Caylee thread. But enjoy reading everyones thoughts. I remember my dad was a big Elvis fan also. He bought our first stereo so he could play Old Shep. My sibs remember other songs but that's the first one I remember. So I grew up with his music in our home. Have always loved his music. I hope all the monkeys are doing better. Have wonderful day.
God Bless
DG

OMG Green Eyes! I had no idea I had monkeys waiting for me to get out my Elvis box! I just dragged my hubby in here to show him this!!! He is in his 4th sem. RN & it's hard to pry him away from the books! i think I'll just go downstairs & start moving boxes, that'll get him down there!  Really, if ya'll could see what all is stacked up down there!  BBL!!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2009, 10:51:55 AM »

Good Morning all,
God Bless
DG

OMG Green Eyes! I had no idea I had monkeys waiting for me to get out my Elvis box! I just dragged my hubby in here to show him this!!! He is in his 4th sem. RN & it's hard to pry him away from the books! i think I'll just go downstairs & start moving boxes, that'll get him down there!  Really, if ya'll could see what all is stacked up down there!  BBL!!! 

You've got a captive audience Monken ! 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2009, 11:06:27 AM »

Janet...

I saw your post over in the Caylee thread so I couldn't resist.. 
It's great to see new faces in the Elvis room !!!

Such A Night....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mLez6n-kLxg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/mLez6n-kLxg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Thanks Sea Searcher.

I grew up with Elvis singing in the background.

I was just a ten year old kid in 1957 when my mother took me to see Elivis at the Empire Stadium at PNE Park in Vancouver.  We went on the bus with my friend and her mother.  We were at the swooning stage but ... I do believe it was our mothers who were smitten.

Anyways ... I had these kid binoculars that I was looking through when the convertible  carrying Elivis drove around the track on his entrance.  Elvis was sitting on the trunk with feet on the back seat.   Anyways ... with the binoculars he was thinkclose.

Later in the show the stadium went wild.  Teenage girls were screaming and ... swarmed the stage.  Elivis had to be taken away prior to the end of the show.

It was a memory that has never faded.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.