March 28, 2024, 12:16:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ELVIS...ELVIS....ELVIS - EVERYTHING ELVIS  (Read 145132 times)
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #300 on: February 07, 2009, 11:46:13 PM »

Oh no I wasnt looking for sea, uhhhh   just speaking to a fellow monkey poster, I pay no mind to who's boy or who's girl,   didnt realize he wasnt there anymore.......sorry......bye....

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #301 on: February 07, 2009, 11:47:29 PM »

Yes, I meant the musings thread.   Im sorry I drug you away from the girls!!!!!

that last one was a toughy to find the date on...I checked two of my books but came up empty...I knew the Ed Sullivan part but not which show but it was actually the third time Elvis was on the show..

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: February 07, 2009, 11:50:00 PM »

Oh no I wasnt looking for sea, uhhhh   just speaking to a fellow monkey poster, I pay no mind to who's boy or who's girl,   didnt realize he wasnt there anymore.......sorry......bye....

Your confusing me HH ... I better go back to the Caylee thread and catch up

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #303 on: February 08, 2009, 03:35:06 AM »

Hi sea Searcher,
I just love all the songs you have posted. didn't you just love the pics and stuff Monken posted. I was reading the other night about some of Elvis movies. I thought I had seen them all. I found one from March of 68 I think Stay Away Joe between Clam Bake and Speedway. Then in March of 69 his last movie Charro he didn't sing in this, just sang the title song. I was in DC during the Riots after MLK was killed. So I figured that's why I don't remember that one. Stay way Joe I have no idea. I found my one and only Elvis collectible. I have a paper record 33 of his that he made when he went into the army and sent out to some of his friends. My grandmother was pen pals with one of his army buddies mom. He sent it to her, she it give to my sister at the time because she was such an Elvis fan with a note on the back from Elvis. When my sister got married her husband was up set that she was so crazy about him. She gave it to me. That's the one thing in all my moves over the years that I made sure never got lost or given away. Hope you have a great day tomorrow. Thanks again for all the great music.           God Bless GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #304 on: February 08, 2009, 08:38:17 AM »

Good Morning All! I haven't given up hope of finding the rest of my Elvis stuff that is boxed up somewhere in my basement! We have so much stuff down there it is unbelieveable!  My hubby bitches about it constantly but you know i need every single thing that is down there!  I had a lot of boxes under my stairwell that i dragged out yesterday , but no luck. My Elvis stuff is packed with alot of Mardi Gras loot I got in the 70's too. My graddaughters are begging my to find it and I will! Have a great day all! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #305 on: February 08, 2009, 01:58:59 PM »

Good Morning All! I haven't given up hope of finding the rest of my Elvis stuff that is boxed up somewhere in my basement! We have so much stuff down there it is unbelieveable!           My hubby bitches about it constantly but you know i need every single thing that is down there!  I had a lot of boxes under my stairwell that i dragged out yesterday , but no luck. My Elvis stuff is packed with alot of Mardi Gras loot I got in the 70's too. My graddaughters are begging my to find it and I will! Have a great day all! 
Good morning,   just wanted to thank you for all the wonderful pictures and stuff you posted. They are wonderful. I had to call my sis and tell her about all the wonderful pics and music posted. I guess I am way behind times because I never realized records came in colors.            I know what you mean by needed all your stuff. Our last move I had to get rid of so much and it broke my heart.           God Bless

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: February 09, 2009, 12:41:10 PM »

Hi sea Searcher,
I just love all the songs you have posted. didn't you just love the pics and stuff Monken posted. I was reading the other night about some of Elvis movies. I thought I had seen them all. I found one from March of 68 I think Stay Away Joe between Clam Bake and Speedway. Then in March of 69 his last movie Charro he didn't sing in this, just sang the title song. I was in DC during the Riots after MLK was killed. So I figured that's why I don't remember that one. Stay way Joe I have no idea. I found my one and only Elvis collectible. I have a paper record 33 of his that he made when he went into the army and sent out to some of his friends. My grandmother was pen pals with one of his army buddies mom. He sent it to her, she it give to my sister at the time because she was such an Elvis fan with a note on the back from Elvis. When my sister got married her husband was up set that she was so crazy about him. She gave it to me. That's the one thing in all my moves over the years that I made sure never got lost or given away. Hope you have a great day tomorrow. Thanks again for all the great music.           God Bless GE

Hi Green Eyes...I've never heard of paper records? I'll have to look it up but it sounds like a really cool collectible...The note on the back, was that actually hand written by Elvis ?? It would be really interesting to see, if you can take a pic/scan and post it for us

I love the stuff Monken's posted on here...I'm looking forward to more It's so hard not to lose things when moving...I'm lucky that I've lived in one place since becoming an Elvis nut...if I ever have to move, I'll be double boxing all of my Elvis stuff and it will ride with me on the front seat so I can watch it the whole way...I've lost too much, in the past, of other things that just can never be replaced..

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: February 09, 2009, 01:08:17 PM »

For Green Eyes....I wanted to post this separately since I was adding a video

Actually "Charro" was the third to the last film Elvis released (I say released as I assume they were released in the order that he made them) Next was "The Trouble with Girls" (which I posted a couple of vids from) and finally "Change of Habit" ..But this was the last year of his movie contract so he could get back on the stage which he really wanted to do...The 68 special was the first step back from Hollywood.
This is a great movie...Really! ..so much different to the normal girls, beaches and club performer movies that many laugh about..The story was written & directed by Charles Marquis Warren, who also created Gunsmoke, Rawhide and The Virginian. It's great to see Elvis in a serious role..he could have done so many more if Parker had allowed him, but money was all Col. Parker was after and the music/girls combo, made it for him...Your right, only one song..and here it is!

Charro.......recorded 1968...movie released 1969

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JSiotjSEdOA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/JSiotjSEdOA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: February 09, 2009, 02:15:58 PM »

Green Eyes again...

Stay Away Joe was the last movie I acquired...Like you , I had never heard of it before.. It's not one of his best IMO.. that's for sure but... It's Elvis!.... so I had to buy it.

Here's a couple of songs from it in case anyone else hasn't heard of this one..

Stay Away Joe........sounds familiar
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FiBgn11lysE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/FiBgn11lysE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

All I Needed was the Rain.....Another dog lovers funny
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/O8QCUwJKp-k&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/O8QCUwJKp-k&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

And the Movie Trailer
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AB4ii9EPlPA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/AB4ii9EPlPA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #309 on: February 09, 2009, 11:49:31 PM »

Thanks Sea, your songs remind me of the good times with my Mom.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #310 on: February 10, 2009, 02:06:15 AM »

Hi Sea searcher,
Thanks for the videos on the movies. I agree with you it's a shame Parker was only looking to line his own pockets and not what would have best for Elvis. I will have to get the Charro movie. To think of some of the classic movies that Elvis was ask to be in and Parker said no. It is a same we lost a brilliantly talented man so young. I love to watch his black leather special, he really just kept getting better as far as I am concerned.
As for the paper record I know that sounds silly but they use to put them out back in the 50's. The note is hand written by Elivs. It's been packed for so long I will have to look. I can scan no problem. Just not sure how to post here on SM without it being toooooooooo bigggggggggg. Will try to get it all together in the next couple days and try and post.
If I was a really nice sister I guess I should give it back to my sister since she got the big D from her hubby some years back. Thanks again for all the music.
God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #311 on: February 10, 2009, 02:31:18 PM »

Thanks Sea, your songs remind me of the good times with my Mom.

That makes me really happy A-1...music always brings back good memories for me as well, with both of my parents...we were a musical family. My mum sung opera and introduced me to ballet......My dad is a very good piano player...I love it when he plays Scott Joplin ragtime or Andrew Lloyd Webber's music.. We all share a love for Classical music (all sorts) and Tom Jones...now that I'm an Elvis nut..I guess we share that too.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2009, 05:52:58 PM »

Hi Sea Searcher,
It's taken me a few days but I think I can post the pics of the record and notes. Hope you are well.
This one is of the record it's self.
God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #313 on: February 13, 2009, 05:55:30 PM »

okay here is the back of the record with the note
God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #314 on: February 13, 2009, 05:59:23 PM »

Here is a note I found in the scrape book. I wish I could remember the lady's name that he sent these to, but no such luck.
God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #315 on: February 13, 2009, 08:40:16 PM »

That is really cool stuff, Green eyes.  I havent seen Sea for a couple of days, but Im sure he will stop by.  It is confusing when we have so many children lost, missing.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #316 on: February 13, 2009, 09:26:58 PM »

That is really cool stuff, Green eyes.  I havent seen Sea for a couple of days, but Im sure he will stop by.  It is confusing when we have so many children lost, missing.
Hi Always,  I was just going to ask you if you had heard anything from him. Thanks. It seems everyday we hear more and more children are missing. It just breaks my heart. How are you?
God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #317 on: February 13, 2009, 09:57:18 PM »

Hi Always,  I was just going to ask you if you had heard anything from him. Thanks. It seems everyday we hear more and more children are missing. It just breaks my heart. How are you?
God Bless
GE
Im really good, thanks, but I could always use an Elvis song from Sea to brighten my world!!!

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: February 15, 2009, 09:35:57 AM »

Hi sea Searcher,

Hi Green Eyes...I've never heard of paper records? I'll have to look it up but it sounds like a really cool collectible...The note on the back, was that actually hand written by Elvis ?? It would be really interesting to see, if you can take a pic/scan and post it for us

I love the stuff Monken's posted on here...I'm looking forward to more It's so hard not to lose things when moving...I'm lucky that I've lived in one place since becoming an Elvis nut...if I ever have to move, I'll be double boxing all of my Elvis stuff and it will ride with me on the front seat so I can watch it the whole way...I've lost too much, in the past, of other things that just can never be replaced..

Hey Green eyes, Hey Sea, Thanks for reading all the Elvis stuff I posted! i really wish I could find all the other things I have. We're getting ready to do spring cleaning & will go through everything once more. We are re-painting 5 rooms in my house, cause i wanted a color change  I can't help myself! And with my hubby in 4th sem RN school, I have to tear him away from studying occasionally to move boxes & furniture! Our family has 5 birthdays in Jan & Feb & we celebrate them all! I feel guilty that I haven't spent more time here, but I've barely been able to keep up on the Caylee thread! I promise i will keep looking & you guys keep posting, Love you all!!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: February 15, 2009, 09:40:11 AM »

About the paper records... I remember paper records being on the back of cereal boxes when we were little. We would cut them out & play them. They wouldn't sound all that great, but good enough. I don't remember an Elvis one though. If you have the one that was posted it is worth a fortune & i wish i had one! CYA! 

Phaedrus
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.