March 28, 2024, 03:43:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ELVIS...ELVIS....ELVIS - EVERYTHING ELVIS  (Read 145147 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: February 15, 2009, 12:15:45 PM »

Hey Sea.Just stopping by to check on you. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #321 on: February 15, 2009, 12:30:25 PM »

About the paper records... I remember paper records being on the back of cereal boxes when we were little. We would cut them out & play them. They wouldn't sound all that great, but good enough. I don't remember an Elvis one though. If you have the one that was posted it is worth a fortune & i wish i had one! CYA! 
Hi Monken, I loved all the stuff you posted on Elvis. I have the record, have no idea what it's worth. I remember the paper records on the back of cereal boxes too. Don't wear youself out with all the redecorating. We can wait for more pictures. Our April and May were like your Jan. & Feb. until we moved away. Miss all the fun. Hope Sea shows up soon, and every thing is all right with him and his family. I can't remember when he said that he was taking them to Disney's World. Maybe that's where he is at.
God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #322 on: February 15, 2009, 06:32:31 PM »

About the paper records... I remember paper records being on the back of cereal boxes when we were little. We would cut them out & play them. They wouldn't sound all that great, but good enough. I don't remember an Elvis one though. If you have the one that was posted it is worth a fortune & i wish i had one! CYA! 
Hi Monken, I loved all the stuff you posted on Elvis. I have the record, have no idea what it's worth. I remember the paper records on the back of cereal boxes too. Don't wear youself out with all the redecorating. We can wait for more pictures. Our April and May were like your Jan. & Feb. until we moved away. Miss all the fun. Hope Sea shows up soon, and every thing is all right with him and his family. I can't remember when he said that he was taking them to Disney's World. Maybe that's where he is at.
God Bless
GE

Hi Green Eyes,you're so sweet!! I searched a little for a price on your Elvis record & found one on ebay. The starting bid is 75.00. And this is for the paper record only; you have a signed note!! This item is priceless!!This site has an Elvis price guide if you're interested:http://www.kovels.com/priceguide/kovels_elvispresley/ If you have anything else please post it! I love seeing them! 

I hope Sea is at Disney, too! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: February 15, 2009, 06:33:21 PM »

Try this:

http://www.kovels.com/priceguide/kovels_elvispresley/

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #324 on: February 15, 2009, 06:40:59 PM »

God Bless
GE

Hi Green Eyes,you're so sweet!! I searched a little for a price on your Elvis record & found one on ebay. The starting bid is 75.00. And this is for the paper record only; you have a signed note!! This item is priceless!!This site has an Elvis price guide if you're interested:http://www.kovels.com/priceguide/kovels_elvispresley/ If you have anything else please post it! I love seeing them! 

Thanks Monken. I will check it out. Altought I would never think about selling it. It would be interesting to see what it's worth. Have a great day.
God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #325 on: February 16, 2009, 10:46:30 AM »

I'm really good, thanks, but I could always use an Elvis song from Sea to brighten my world!!!

I don't know what to say..I'm under pressure to perform now

Hope this brightens your world...

I've Got a Thing About You Baby....1973

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6hfZ2EmWOPI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/6hfZ2EmWOPI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #326 on: February 16, 2009, 11:00:59 AM »

okay here is the back of the record with the note
God Bless
GE

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should put that in a glass case....the signature alone is worth a fortune (not that you would sell it) What an awesome treasure to have..does the record still play ?...I've never seen one before..I'll have to ask my mum to keep an eye out for one..I do remember the cardboard records on the cereal boxes, wasn't that a great "prize" so much better than the junk (if anything) they put in them now.

Thanks for taking the time to post this Green Eye's !!
SS

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: February 16, 2009, 11:22:03 AM »

Hi Monken....no, I'm not at Disney unfortunately...the trip isn't until the first week of May. I wouldn't plan one in Feb..it's almost as cold down there as up here

I haven't had time to do much here lately but I will soon...sorting a lot of *stuff* from the attic including my box of Elvis things..still haven't located my Rolling Stone yet..I must have hidden that extra well, just in case one of my kids uses it as a coloring book

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #328 on: February 16, 2009, 01:03:42 PM »

Thank you Sea, you were missed!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: February 17, 2009, 09:16:27 AM »

Hi Monken....no, I'm not at Disney unfortunately...the trip isn't until the first week of May. I wouldn't plan one in Feb..it's almost as cold down there as up here

I haven't had time to do much here lately but I will soon...sorting a lot of *stuff* from the attic including my box of Elvis things..still haven't located my Rolling Stone yet..I must have hidden that extra well, just in case one of my kids uses it as a coloring book

Did I get you started on that?  I am painting the eating area of my kitchen , started yesterday. I can barely move this morn but I gotta finish for the doc dump this week! I won't be able to paint if I know there's stuff to be read! 

Phaedrus
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: February 17, 2009, 09:42:42 AM »

I love Elvis! Hubby and I visited his home in Graceland in January....loved it...It was as if you could feel his presence there...I could picture him being there with all of the things that he loved...I want to go back again in the spring and spend more time there....this time with some other girls...hubby was good about it but he wasn't as big of a fan as I am...
Wasn't he the most gorgeous man who ever lived?
I have just purchased the book Elvis and Me written by Priscilla P...it has a lot of neat pictures in it...

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: February 17, 2009, 08:11:47 PM »

O/T Sea,I just want to let you know....documents are coming in tommorrow.

You ain't nothing but a hound dog.......lalalala   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: February 17, 2009, 09:54:23 PM »

Hi sea Searcher,
I just love all the songs you have posted. didn't you just love the pics and stuff Monken posted. I was reading the other night about some of Elvis movies. I thought I had seen them all. I found one from March of 68 I think Stay Away Joe between Clam Bake and Speedway. Then in March of 69 his last movie Charro he didn't sing in this, just sang the title song. I was in DC during the Riots after MLK was killed. So I figured that's why I don't remember that one. Stay way Joe I have no idea. I found my one and only Elvis collectible. I have a paper record 33 of his that he made when he went into the army and sent out to some of his friends. My grandmother was pen pals with one of his army buddies mom. He sent it to her, she it give to my sister at the time because she was such an Elvis fan with a note on the back from Elvis. When my sister got married her husband was up set that she was so crazy about him. She gave it to me. That's the one thing in all my moves over the years that I made sure never got lost or given away. Hope you have a great day tomorrow. Thanks again for all the great music.           God Bless GE

Hi Green Eyes...I've never heard of paper records? I'll have to look it up but it sounds like a really cool collectible...The note on the back, was that actually hand written by Elvis ?? It would be really interesting to see, if you can take a pic/scan and post it for us

I love the stuff Monken's posted on here...I'm looking forward to more It's so hard not to lose things when moving...I'm lucky that I've lived in one place since becoming an Elvis nut...if I ever have to move, I'll be double boxing all of my Elvis stuff and it will ride with me on the front seat so I can watch it the whole way...I've lost too much, in the past, of other things that just can never be replaced..

Where will I sit???   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #333 on: February 18, 2009, 10:20:03 AM »

Hi Sea!!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #334 on: February 18, 2009, 10:40:51 AM »

O/T Sea,I just want to let you know....documents are coming in tommorrow.

You ain't nothing but a hound dog.......lalalala   

Is that a request I hear ?

Hound Dog.....1956 (with a commentary)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DKUVo55Z-b4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/DKUVo55Z-b4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Hound Dog.....1968 (with all shook up)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/unwE_632oh8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/unwE_632oh8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Hound Dog.....1970
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fFQ9lsW0NgM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/fFQ9lsW0NgM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Hound Dog.....1977 (It's sad to see Elvis in his last months but this is good)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ePkJPuGUdfU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ePkJPuGUdfU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: February 18, 2009, 10:45:05 AM »

Hi Sea!!!!

Good Morning Darlin' !

I hope you don't think I was ignoring you...I got booted trying to post Hound Dog.. when I came back, you were gone

I hope you're feeling bright and cheerful this morning...

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #336 on: February 18, 2009, 10:50:59 AM »

Where will I sit???   

That is a loaded question girl..

How are you Bearly ? I haven't seen you in a while How are things going with your family ? your mum especially (not that the others are any less important) I hope everyone is getting better...

It's ok to post a little off topic in here...Sea's rules..but just a little   

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: February 18, 2009, 11:07:31 AM »

I love Elvis! Hubby and I visited his home in Graceland in January....loved it...It was as if you could feel his presence there...I could picture him being there with all of the things that he loved...I want to go back again in the spring and spend more time there....this time with some other girls...hubby was good about it but he wasn't as big of a fan as I am...
Wasn't he the most gorgeous man who ever lived?
I have just purchased the book Elvis and Me written by Priscilla P...it has a lot of neat pictures in it...

Hi cookie !
You're so lucky....it's one of my biggest dreams to visit Graceland..I hope to get there one day, pictures in books are good but to actually be there must be awesome, I think.

I'm afraid that I can't comment on that...have to leave that up to the ladies

Thanks for stopping by my Elvis thread..nice to see new faces Klaas said it was mine...haha

If you have a particular song or movie that you like, let me know and I'll do my best to locate it...or if you have pic's that you want to post, feel free to do so..the fans here love to see monkeys actual pictures and experiences

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: February 21, 2009, 07:05:59 AM »

Good Morning Sea.I woke up in the middle of the night feeling all sad.So I came over here and now I feel so much better.  Thanks for posting the Hound Dog songs.I like all the videos. 

~ Peter Frampton
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #339 on: February 21, 2009, 12:54:26 PM »

Good Morning Sea.I woke up in the middle of the night feeling all sad.So I came over here and now I feel so much better.  Thanks for posting the Hound Dog songs.I like all the videos. 

I'm glad you're happier now ! it's amazing how popular hound dog was, considering how few lyrics are in it...but it was new at the time and I think Elvis could have sung row row row your boat, and it would have gone Gold back then..

Here's a fun, happy song that I heard on Sirus this morning

I Was Born About 10,000 Years Ago !!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HNfCAzY1U4I&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/HNfCAzY1U4I&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Wish I could find this Live....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.