March 28, 2024, 04:51:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ELVIS...ELVIS....ELVIS - EVERYTHING ELVIS  (Read 145119 times)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #380 on: March 23, 2009, 04:11:12 PM »

Alright, I will admit that I do like the remix version of Elvis's "A Little Less Conversation"

Here is a question for you SeaSearcher...

Do you think that if Elvis were still alive today he would have ever reached the popularity that he reached in his death?  Do you think he would still be a prominant figure in pop culture, or a washed up wanna-be (ie: Steven Tyler getting there)?

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #381 on: March 24, 2009, 02:30:54 PM »

Alright, I will admit that I do like the remix version of Elvis's "A Little Less Conversation"

Do you think that if Elvis were still alive today he would have ever reached the popularity that he reached in his death?  Do you think he would still be a prominant figure in pop culture, or a washed up wanna-be (ie: Steven Tyler getting there)?

Good Afternoon Dolce
I am not Sea Searcher, but that is a good question. I have thought about this over the years as well. There are a lot of variables to the answer. One being if Elvis had lived and not gotten hooked on prescription drugs yes I believe he would still have been a prominant figure in the music world. Another problem was his manager he needed someone to look out for his (Elvis) best interest not his (Parker) pocket book. Another was the death of his mother. It seems that he really needed help with her passing.
Even with all this I truly believe his talent would have only gotten better with the years. You can hear the difference in his vocal strengths (the growth) of his talent over the years he was with us. He had an amazing voice. That seemed to me only got better with age. Then maybe I just want to believe he would have continued to be the King of Rock & Roll.
It is sad he never got to live long enough to grow into what his full talent abilities could have been.
This is just my opinion. It will be interesting to see what SS has to say.
God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #382 on: March 25, 2009, 10:06:04 AM »

Good Afternoon Dolce
I am not Sea Searcher, but that is a good question. I have thought about this over the years as well. There are a lot of variables to the answer. One being if Elvis had lived and not gotten hooked on prescription drugs yes I believe he would still have been a prominant figure in the music world. Another problem was his manager he needed someone to look out for his (Elvis) best interest not his (Parker) pocket book. Another was the death of his mother. It seems that he really needed help with her passing.
Even with all this I truly believe his talent would have only gotten better with the years. You can hear the difference in his vocal strengths (the growth) of his talent over the years he was with us. He had an amazing voice. That seemed to me only got better with age. Then maybe I just want to believe he would have continued to be the King of Rock & Roll.
It is sad he never got to live long enough to grow into what his full talent abilities could have been.
This is just my opinion. It will be interesting to see what SS has to say.
God Bless
GE

Hey Guys!
There will never be another Elvis! He opened up the world  to music that was unheard of at that time, he pushed the envelope. There is rarely a music personality that doesn't admire Elvis and his music. I do believe that, if he had lived, he would have continued to produce hit after hit. That was a given. His music is timeless. i do believe he suffered from depression and used drugs as an escape. He should have sought treatment after his mother's death. But that was at a time when most men would not have done that. Even though he is gone his music will live on forever. His looks, his charisma, his sound can never be duplicated! It's amazing; my granddaughters are 3 & 10 & they know Elvis when they see or hear him, another generation to love him! Hugs! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #383 on: March 27, 2009, 12:24:38 PM »

speaking of ST...I saw him perform in the Cape Cod Coliseum and quite frankly...he suc*ed...people were booing him off the stage and throwing things at him..my group left early...then I saw him play are Great Woods after he cleaned up his act.... he was a new person..Guns & Roses was the big thing then and they had equal billing but after G & R was finished...Aerosmith came out and showed them how it's done...G & R has to be the worst live group I've ever seen...it's amazing what they can do to doctor up a record

Now back On Topic 

Here we go…Dolce, IMO…

First…I don’t think Elvis became “more popular” because of his death unlike several overrated...IMO...performers who did become idolized after death (Jimmy Hendricks and Jim Morrison to name 2 off the top of my head) Elvis’s estate became more wealthy because of Priscilla's management and the elimination of Col. Parker, but his popularity never decreased as he was the King, and packed the house everywhere he played right up to his passing…

I agree totally with Monken…There is only, and will only be, one Elvis…he is the King and broke enormous barriers in the world of music in his younger days and over time, his voice just kept getting stronger and more defined…I also agree with Green Eyes that there are so many IF’s to your question..especially about Col. Parker and the drugs, which were symptoms of the enormous depression Elvis was feeling and had felt for many years…I think because of his mothers death, which he never fully recovered from, and the failure of his marriage (which may also be connected to his mother..in guilt)

If somehow Elvis was revived…I don't think he would have continued in music as he was already refusing to record songs before August 1977…the difference (not including talent and voice) between Steven Tyler and Elvis, was that ST wanted to continue being a performer and LIVING his life…Elvis had theoretically, died long before 1977..I would say sometime in 1973-1974…when I watch him perform the Aloha concert..I almost see a farewell message in his eyes.. he had no will to live anymore. He’s quoted as saying “I’m sick of being Elvis” he couldn’t go out anywhere during the day..he couldn’t go see a movie unless he rented the theater after hours, just for himself and the MM (which were his only “friends”) ..he couldn’t go shopping without asking the storeowner to open up after hours just for him..he led his life totally at night and slept though the days. If you’ve ever seen footage of him leaving a concert, he’s running, literally, for his life. Because of all those things, he no longer wanted to be Elvis. Personally, I think he would have become a recluse..more so than he already was....

To sum up my feelings…without a strong intervention by someone (and I can’t think of anyone capable) he would have disappeared but always have remained the King…like the Royal family in England..how often do we see them in public ? but there is always a huge crowd around them. Now if the depression was treated and the drugs stopped..I definitely think we would have seen many more hit songs and great performances. His voice is unmatched and his talent limitless, Parker would have to go (footnote: it’s definitely an arguable point that without Parker, Elvis wouldn’t have achieved the stardom he had, but Parker was out for himself and his own bank account) and he would need a new manager (perhaps Priscilla) that would set up his own production company...maybe today at 74 he would been managing some new talent...and we might have a few decent singers again...but that's a big "IF"

Sorry, I’m not a very good writer and really not what I’d consider an “expert” on Elvis which is why I wanted to take some time and read up, before trying to answer this..I'm sure I wrote more than you needed but somewhere in the mess, I hope you make some sense of what I’ve said..

I know this has been posted already but I just have to....

"You look like an Elvis fan !"
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/w-2KLaMFHOU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/w-2KLaMFHOU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #384 on: March 27, 2009, 07:21:06 PM »

Thank you for your thoughts SS  (and Monken and GreenEyes)

I did not grow up in Elvis era, or Beatle era, heck I am still made fun of by my husband for not knowing early 80's music. 

My mother adored Elvis, and because of her I was able to hear much of his music. 

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #385 on: April 06, 2009, 10:10:45 AM »

Hi Sea, was wondering if you could play "J D Sumner and Elvis Presley Why Me Lord" for Easter???  That would be great!!!!  TIA

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #386 on: April 06, 2009, 10:33:45 AM »

luv Elvis...
he is the most gorgeous man that there ever was in my opinion...
He is/was the King...will never be another like him...

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: April 08, 2009, 10:56:33 AM »

Sea,are you alright?I hope everything is o.k. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: April 08, 2009, 07:00:13 PM »

Sea,are you alright?I hope everything is o.k. 

Name:     Sea Searcher
Position:    Scared Monkey
Date Registered:    December 03, 2007, 10:04:34 PM
Last Active:    April 02, 2009, 06:39:23 PM

Ahoy Sea Searcher!  Hoping all is well. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #389 on: April 09, 2009, 11:01:36 PM »

Sea, where in the heck are you????  I even acted like a stalker and went to members and read your last posts to see if you were going to go on vacation or something????  I really hope you are ok!!!!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: April 12, 2009, 12:06:54 AM »

I was just checking on him too!  I haven't been hanging out in the Caylee thread as much so just started missing him now. 

Hope he's ok!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #391 on: April 12, 2009, 10:27:10 AM »

I hope that Sea is alright too...
any clue where he is??
Sea, come out come out wherever you are! we miss you!

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #392 on: April 13, 2009, 03:37:40 PM »

Hey SS!   We miss you.  Hope everything is going ok for you.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #393 on: April 16, 2009, 01:43:26 PM »

Sea?where are you? 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #394 on: April 16, 2009, 06:10:08 PM »

Sea, is that you????

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #395 on: April 16, 2009, 06:13:23 PM »

Sea, I am so glad to see you.  We have really really been worried about you!!!

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #396 on: April 16, 2009, 06:18:13 PM »

Sea, where in the heck are you????  I even acted like a stalker and went to members and read your last posts to see if you were going to go on vacation or something????  I really hope you are ok!!!!!

Hello Pretty Kitty...you can stalk me any time

Didn't go on vacation...although I could really use one..been very chaotic around here the past couple of weeks....I needed to take a break from the net for a few (although I wasn't planning to be gone this long) and then a very tragic event happened..I have very close friends who's house and barn burned to the ground..they've lived there for 30 years and lost, literally everything, including their livestock...out of fear, the sheep naturally ran into the barn for safety and the whole thing collapsed on them. Fortunately the family is alright but the farm is also their livelyhood, so you can just imagine how bad this is...community outpouring is amazing and I think the house and barn can be rebuild before the winter comes again but you can never replace 30 yrs of memorabilia,photos, etc.

I can't believe how many have been concerned about my absence...was the coffee really that good ?  It's actually kinda gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to be missed somewhere in the world...even Klass  I'll try to pop in a bit more often but as you can imagine...things are busy to say the least

A-1... I'm sorry I missed the Easter request...this is the best one I can find..same live version I have on my Gospel cd..one of my favorites also

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HPjWzR6skbo&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/HPjWzR6skbo&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #397 on: April 16, 2009, 06:20:13 PM »

Sea, I am so glad to see you.  We have really really been worried about you!!!

Hi A-1 ...good to see you too 
gotta go change out of these ears

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #398 on: April 16, 2009, 06:27:48 PM »

thank you for the song Sea.  You were missed, even The Sparkenator emailed me about you.  I will keep your friends in my prayers, and its nice to know youre "that kind of guy" that would help them so much!!! 

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #399 on: April 16, 2009, 07:16:17 PM »

thank you for the song Sea.  You were missed, even The Sparkenator emailed me about you.  I will keep your friends in my prayers, and its nice to know youre "that kind of guy" that would help them so much!!! 

i miss sparky...been hoping to catch up with her so I can link up with facebook, I haven't seen her here for a very long time..sound all the alarms if you hear from her again

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.