April 18, 2024, 12:54:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is it with these people?  (Read 2528 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 02, 2007, 12:56:35 PM »

http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?ps=1016&id=13897305&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS

Sean Penn cozying up to Hugo Chavez.  You know what really burns my butt about these "stars" and their political views?  Many of them have never even finished high school!  How are they educated to know what is  going on, especially from a historical point?

Martin Sheen is one that is very vocal in his anti- war, anti-Bush stance... calling the President stupid, etc. and yet he couldn't finish high school?

Now I realize that people drop out of school for all kinds of good reasons or learning disabilities etc.  I am not bashing them, but my point is .. what qualifies Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, et. al to make these pronouncements?

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 06:10:49 PM »

In Sean Penn's mind he is a celebrity and that is what qualifies him.  He thinks because he has been around the block a few times he knows it all.  Penn should conquer his own demons before he knocks what our country does.

Yes I am against this war but I don't need Sean Penn to tell me this.  These young men and women are risking their lives every day for our country and it's a slap in their face to see what people like Sean Penn do.

If he is so against this war why doesn't he take his family and move to Venezuela.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 07:45:29 PM »

Its very simple - quit going to movies, turn the channel when the news starts talking about these jerks, I mean actors, write letters to the sponsors of these shows, etc

I havent been to a movie in so long a couldnt even tell you the last time (probably over 20 years).  I was just talking to a guy at work last week and he told me he recently took his son to a movie and he paid $15 for a large popcorn!!!!!!!!  He spent over $50 for the 2 of them to go to the show!!!!!  I said you have got to be out of your friggen mind!!!!!!!!!

$15 for a popcorn just so they can pay these asswipes $20 mil for a movie and then go showboating around all over the news?  Forget it, they dont get any of my money or attention.  When I get fed up, I write sponsors of the shows that have them on even though I know it will do no good, there are just too many people falling all over themselves just to see what these jerks are doing. 

I finally found a talk show channel on XM radio that very rarely ever talks about celebrities and I have been listening to it.  Their shows are really out there, and mostly nutty stuff but at least i dont have to get all pissed off because the "news shows" are spending all its time talking about celebrities.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 10:28:06 PM »

Oh Mrs. Red, you should have seen Hannity's "Freedom" show on Sunday.  That was one of his topics about how celebrities are providing so much money to the Dems. and gave a long list of Celebrity names who are.  I believe it's partly due to Hollywood being predominately very liberal state (I'm still shocked  Schwartzeneger got voted in, just because he's Republican).  But it's scary with those who have SOOO much money to support one side alone.  Of course, they are a very small minority of the population, but what is most frightening, is many are role models to the younger generation.  I just pray our young remain educated and continue to think for themselves.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 10:29:36 PM »

Ok, just saw my error, Hollywood= "city",  CA="state" .  I think you all knew what I meant.  Confused

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 09:41:45 AM »

Blah, I am rigth there with you on the not going to the movies to give them the support... we haven't been in years either.  It scares me when I hear an adult gush over Paris Hilton or anyone like that...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.