June 15, 2024, 08:01:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #672 8/2 - 8/3/2007  (Read 190432 times)
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2007, 12:47:20 PM »

I think it is so sad how that has changed... kids can't be kids anymore... it will get them killed or worse.

What really freaks me out is that the predators are getting younger as well....

I think it was always there, but now we're hearing about it. I also think there are a whole lot more people now.

--why I garden. Mine's quite small and somewhat scattered. I remember what veggies tasted like and only grow varieties for flavor, I just pigged out on another heavenly tomato with breakfast. I also keep an herb garden out the back door but mix in other stuff like one ichiban eggplant I won't do again (no flavor), and a couple red chard for color & texture, a chocolate pepper and a chile petin, a couple ferny asparagus roots, a lily or two, blooming Nasturtiums, their leaves & flowers taste like radish, among culinary sage, oregano, basil &c. Yes it's gorgeous if I do say so. And yummy.

I had no idea you could eat nasturiums!!  Is there an edible variety, or just the regular flowering variety?

A's Fever - edible flowers.  Here's a couple of examples but many listed:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/EdibleFlowers/EdibleFlowersMain.htm

Nasturtiums - Come in varieties ranging from trailing to upright and in brilliant sunset colors with peppery flavors. Nasturtiums rank among most common edible flowers. Blossoms have a sweet, spicy flavor similar to watercress. Stuff whole flowers with savory mousse. Leaves add peppery tang to salads. Pickled seed pods are less expensive substitute for capers. Use entire flowers to garnish platters, salads, cheese tortas, open-faced sandwiches, and savory appetizers. 

Pansy - Pansies have a slightly sweet green or grassy flavor. If you eat only the petals, the flavor is extremely mild, but if you eat the whole flower, there is a winter, green overtone. Use them as garnishes, in fruit salads, green salad, desserts or in soups.

How interesting - you learn something every day!  Thanks, Klaas.
windy city
Scared Monkey

« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2007, 12:49:56 PM »

Thank You all for the kind welcome!  Did anyone see Lazlo's post ar RU that J2K are still the focus of the investigation and prosecution may start in the fall?
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2007, 12:50:46 PM »

Just popping in to say hi.....welcome windy city...hi A's......hey monkeys...still alive and kicking...lol

i like that smiley...lol
( HI MR AND MR RED

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2007, 12:50:49 PM »

Blah,

I don't know, but I am sure there is a correct way to say it somewhere... 

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2007, 12:51:16 PM »

Thank You all for the kind welcome!  Did anyone see Lazlo's post ar RU that J2K are still the focus of the investigation and prosecution may start in the fall?

Nope....but you can bring it over if it's OK with Klaas

Dest

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #225 on: August 03, 2007, 12:52:03 PM »

I didn't... but I don't go there. ever.  tree in the forest for me....  Laughing

but from what I can tell Lazlo is pretty much always truthful... and that is great news!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #226 on: August 03, 2007, 12:52:19 PM »

Blah,

all i know is when I say "where are those damn Mexican's, I sometimes get a funny look.

Laughing
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #227 on: August 03, 2007, 12:52:29 PM »

Hi FOM!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #228 on: August 03, 2007, 12:52:42 PM »

Just popping in to say hi.....welcome windy city...hi A's......hey monkeys...still alive and kicking...lol

i like that smiley...lol
( HI MR AND MR RED

Hey Honey!  staying out of trouble???

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #229 on: August 03, 2007, 12:53:43 PM »

Blah,

all i know is when I say "where are those damn Mexican's, I sometimes get a funny look.

Laughing

you are funny, too funnY!!!

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2007, 12:53:48 PM »

I didn't... but I don't go there. ever.  tree in the forest for me....  Laughing

but from what I can tell Lazlo is pretty much always truthful... and that is great news!

That is good news!  Where does Lazlo get his/her information?
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2007, 12:53:49 PM »

i like that smiley...lol
( HI MR AND MR RED

Hi FOM how are you feeling.
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #232 on: August 03, 2007, 12:54:05 PM »

Windy City, I don't have read that post, can y past the link here?

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #233 on: August 03, 2007, 12:55:05 PM »

Windy City, I don't have read that post, can y past the link here?

Windy, you can copy the post and say where it's from... but no links to that site. TIA

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #234 on: August 03, 2007, 12:55:26 PM »

Hi Slogger and GrannyToad,

How r y both?
Do y both still post on BFN?

Hello NYC_lover.  Yes, I still post on BFN when there is an interesting thread or comment.  I'm still Moderating the chat and trying to be there as often as possible.  Personal life kept me busy for the last 2 months, but I do what I can..where and when I'm able.

I can't speak for GrannyToad... Laughing  She is quit capable of that, herself.

Ok, I understand.
Which chat r y mean? Y own chatbox?

The chat several of us set up when bfn chat went down last summer.  We're a chat for supporters of Justice for Natalee.  Folks drift in and out..during the day (and night.)  It's independent of bfn, but was set up (initially) so that people had a place to chat about the case.

PS--I wouldn't complain about not getting the sock monkey, or the decoder ring, but could someone loan me an edit button.. 'cause I really could use it.  I make the typos of actual words and spell check doesn't catch 'em.  (neither do I  Wink )

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: August 03, 2007, 12:56:10 PM »

DEE - how about this one?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/klaasen3/Sub2/DeeBonsaiGB.gif
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: August 03, 2007, 12:58:35 PM »

Blah,

Laughing

you are funny, too funnY!!!

there was 4 of them all huddled around the xerox machine earlier, they were rapping back and forth in Spanish, pointing at different buttons and stuff. I was standing there watching them for a few minutes before they noticed me and they sort of stepped aside and watched what I did while I made some copies.  Then they were all happy and stuff cause they figured out how to work it, was so damn funny  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: August 03, 2007, 12:58:49 PM »

NYC_Lover - not sure if you saw this but I posted this one for you the other day:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/klaasen3/Sub2/nycitycopy.gif
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #238 on: August 03, 2007, 01:00:30 PM »

thanks Kimmie..I hope that "Bears" comment meant the animal and not the Football team!!!  LOL!

Yes, the animal -  Cool

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #239 on: August 03, 2007, 01:00:32 PM »

I have to go babysit my ALZ patient this afternoon, but I'll check in from there.

Klaas - will you work your magic in the EVIDENCE & PLACES thread?  TIA.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.