April 26, 2024, 04:32:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing 9 year old Cedrika Provencher, Quebec Canada, 7/31/07  (Read 21325 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 03, 2007, 05:50:01 PM »

Quebec provincial police lead search for girl

Updated Thu. Aug. 2 2007 10:37 PM ET

Quebec provincial police have taken over the search for a nine-year-old girl, who appears to have disappeared while searching for a missing dog.

Cedrika Provencher went missing Tuesday night in Trois-Rivieres, a community located halfway between Montreal and Quebec City.

Almost 400 people helped in the search Thursday, knocking on doors and walking through wooded areas.

So far, only Cedrika's bicycle has been found.

A group of teens found the bike abandoned on a street around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, close to where the little girl was last seen. They then moved it to an apartment building more than a kilometre from the girl's home and stashed it behind some large garbage cans.

Cedrika was last seen by two of her neighbours around 8 p.m. on Tuesday. She told them she was looking for a missing dog, possibly at the request of an unidentified woman.

Police are now searching for that woman, but have not commented on whether Cedrika may have been abducted.

"No theories are being ruled out," Pierre Rivard, a Quebec provincial police spokesman, told The Canadian Press. "That's why we're putting an emphasis on the investigative effort.

"We will have 30 investigators in the field to look for clues and check the information we are getting. On the other hand, this isn't taking away from the search effort."

Family and friends of the little girl have collected money from companies and the public, and are offering a $20,000 reward for information on Cedrika's whereabouts.

"She didn't do anything to deserve this," said Guy McKenzie, a family friend speaking in French. "Someone, somewhere is really disturbed to do this."

Police are searching for any items the girl was wearing at the time, including a ladybug necklace, a black and pink watch or a red bike helmet.

They're also checking to see if any registered sex offenders live in the neighbourhood and will go door-to-door to see if any residents have any information.

Cedrika's family said the girl always came home on time. She was supposed to return on Tuesday at 8:15 p.m., and her mother phoned police at 9 p.m.

"We are looking for clues which will eventually enable us to take this investigation in one direction or another," said Rivard. "At this moment, we have very few elements which will give a direction to the case."

http://tinyurl.com/37na8j

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 07:46:06 PM »

Oh no!!! Sad
Looking for a lost pet is an old trick used by pedophiles. I am praying this child returns home safely, but once again....it looks bad for this poor baby.
She looks so cute. God Bless her.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 08:19:14 PM »

I hear ya pdh3, when I read this information the hairs stood up on the back of my neck and I thought OMG this poor child. I pray she will be found quickly.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 08:59:47 PM »

Missing Quebec girl likely taken by man

August 3, 2007 at 8:18 PM EDT

TROIS-RIVIERES, Que. — In a quiet suburban neighbourhood in central Quebec, there is talk of a mysterious stranger who has approached children asking for help in finding a lost black and white dog.

In the days leading up to the disappearance of nine-year-old Cedrika Provencher on Tuesday, there was at least one other child who was approached by the stranger.

While police won't say they're dealing with an abduction, a spokesman indicated Friday that the young girl who disappeared on a bike ride was likely taken by the mystery man who claimed he was looking for a lost dog.

>>>>>>The Full Article

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070803.wmissinggirl0803/BNStory/National/home

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 11:39:06 AM »

Kidnapping feared as search continues for missing Quebec girl
Published: Saturday, August 04, 2007

TROIS-RIVIERES, Que. -- Police are looking for a man in connection with this week's disappearance here of a nine-year-old girl, saying the child may have been kidnapped.

Cedrika Provencher was reported missing in the Trois-Rivieres area Tuesday night after she didn't return home from a bike ride.

The little girl was last seen about 8 p.m. local time by a woman who told police the girl had been looking for a lost dog. Provencher has no pets, police confirmed.

At least two days before Provencher disappeared, another area girl was approached by a man saying he needed help finding his dog, police said.

In fact, several reports have surfaced of a suspicious man approaching young girls in the area.

Jenny Girard told reporters Friday a strange man had invited her five-year-old daughter, Annabelle, to go swimming with him Saturday evening. She said she now regrets not having reported the incident to officials.

She described him as a man in his mid-30s with short dark brown hair, standing about 5 feet, 10 inches tall and weighing 150 pounds.

Police said they are investigating several leads and soon hope to pull together a description of the suspect.

Kidnapping is one theory, acknowledged Const. Pierre Rivard of the Surete du Quebec provincial police.

Police have also started looking into registered sex offenders who might be living in the area.

But the girl's family still believes she will soon be found alive.

"The family is bowled over by this, but we still have hope," Martin Provencher, 35, Cedrika's father, said Friday night, shortly after the search had been called off for the day. "Nothing has been found, except for her bicycle, so that is an encouraging sign."

About 500 volunteers have helped to look for the girl, but they were told Friday to go home because police were conducting what they called "more targeted" searches.

About 99 per cent of the immediate area has been scoured, Provencher said. Still, police said the search is limited to the Trois Rivieres area.

Described as white, with curly red hair and brown eyes, 5 foot tall and 70 pounds, Cedrika disappeared Tuesday night while on a bicycle ride in the quiet residential neighbourhood where she lived.

When last seen, she was wearing a Star Academie lanyard, a black and pink watch, a red bicycle helmet, a green skirt and flip-flop sandals. She was last seen about 8 p.m. local time, when she told two women she was looking for a lost black and white dog. Police said Cedrika does not have any pets.

About 60 police officers from the Trois Rivieres force and the Surete du Quebec used helicopters to conduct aerial searches and boats to search the St. Maurice River. Other searches were done in the forest and on local streets. Some crews even uncovered manholes and searched in the sewers.

The search is expected to resume early Saturday.

"We have received lots of calls and we now have more than 100 tips," Rivard said. "We're in the process of meeting people and checking out every one of those tips. If you are a parent and you heard something from one of your children, or if you have information you think could be helpful to us, even if it's a small matter, please contact police."

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=304f71a4-f9b4-447e-97cd-1e53fceef48d&k=23120

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 10:45:13 PM »

The only hope for this child is if this person wanted to keep her alive and hidden somewhere for a while.
It really is too bad that the other woman whose child was approached didn't turn that guy in to police. He has to be the one that took this little girl. There's no such thing as a coincidence in these cases.
I am praying that this is the rare case where the child is found alive, but I'm not holding out much hope. This person seemed very determined to take a little girl, so that is a really bad sign.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 11:07:08 AM »

Que. police empty-handed in search for missing girl

Updated Sun. Aug. 5 2007 9:47 AM ET

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070805/missing_girl_070805/20070805?hub=Canada

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 06:52:25 PM »

Sad  So sad,  I hope she turns up soon.  Seems like these sicko's are using the oldest tricks in the book still.

Maine, born and raised!
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 09:20:16 AM »

Well fellow Monkeys, I got sick reading this one.  I believe we all had the same exact reaction, reading about 'looking for a missing dog.'

I am praying for her and her family.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 11:58:53 AM »

Police ask motorists for info on missing Que. girl

Updated Tue. Aug. 7 2007 9:56 AM ET

Quebec police set up a roadblock in Trois-Rivieres on Tuesday to canvass motorists for information on a nine-year-old girl that has been missing from the community for a week.

They are also setting up a mobile command post and are sending divers into the Saint-Maurice River to search for clues.

Cedrika Provencher vanished last Tuesday during an early evening bike ride. Her neighbours told police she had asked them for help in looking for a lost dog around 8 p.m. She hasn't been seen since.

Since then, three more little girls have told police they had been approached by an unknown man, who asked them for help looking for a dog in the same week Cedrika went missing. Police are asking parents to check with their daughters to see if they too have been approached.

Police have received about 500 tips so far from the public. While they are searching for the man with the "lost" dog, all they have is a vague description of a white male, between the ages of 30 and 60 years old. It's not enough to release a composite sketch.

Authorities can't say for sure if Cedrika has been kidnapped but it's one theory they are following. They are also looking into the registered sex offender database for potential offenders who might live in the area.

http://tinyurl.com/3bch2p

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 12:16:08 PM »

Oh my....this pedophile was trolling for a little girl, and Cedrika was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I am sick at heart.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 12:04:03 PM »

Seems there is nothing much new with the search for missing Cedrika

Volunteers help search for missing 9-year-old girl
Updated Wed. Aug. 8 2007 7:28 PM ET

http://tinyurl.com/2czxhl

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 02:04:15 PM »

Father of missing girl wants army to join search
August 10, 2007

Trois-Rivières, Que. -- The father of a nine-year-old girl who has been missing for more than a week says he wants the Canadian Forces to become involved in the search.

Martin Provencher has asked two men whose daughters were either murdered or abducted to use their contacts in the federal government to have the army called in to help find Cédrika Provencher. The men belong to a group representing families who have been affected by the murder or disappearance of relatives.

A provincial police spokesman said the Forces are not needed yet because police are doing everything possible. About 50 police officers continued their search yesterday with no significant progress.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20070810.NATS10-6/TPStory/National

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 02:09:56 PM »

New Leads in Search for Missing Quebec Girl

Thursday, August 16, 2007

New tips are coming in from various Quebec communities after the mother of a missing nine-year-old girl made an emotional plea for information.

Quebec Provincial Police continue to investigate tips regarding the disappearance of Cedrika Provencher.

Cedrika disappeared without a trace two weeks ago in Trois-Rivieres.

There is an 80-thousand dollar reward for information.

http://www.cfra.com/headlines/index.asp?cat=2&nid=51464

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 07:22:18 PM »

SQ Believes Cedrika Is Still Alive
2007-08-22 06:18:31

The Surete du Quebec believes nine-year-old Cedrika Provencher is still alive, three weeks after being kidnapped. The detective in charge of the investigation tells the Journal de Montreal that credible witnesses have called saying they've seen her, adding police have nothing to suggest she's dead. A fourth little girl has come forward saying she too was approached by a man looking for a dog just before Cedrika disappeared. Her description has confirmed other information police have, helping them to target their man. They still have not revealed a composite sketch of their suspect, though.

http://www.940news.com/local.php?news=14070

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 01:15:55 PM »

Missing child seen in eastern Quebec: police
Updated Wed. Aug. 22 2007 6:55 PM ET

Quebec provincial police say there have been several sightings of a missing Cedrika Provencher, which has them thinking she could yet be found alive.

"What we have now is information to the effect that she was seen in different locations, principally in eastern Quebec," police spokesman Richard Gagne told The Canadian Press on Wednesday.

"We are in the process of looking into this information to attempt to locate the young girl. The information is credible and that's the reason we believe she is still alive."

Authorities believe the nine-year-old Trois Rivieres girl disappeared on July 31, shortly after she was approached by a man requesting help to search for his dog.

The new information has provided a renewed sense of hope for the Provencher family, who has always maintained Cedrika is alive.

"It's a relief, it's balm for the soul,'' Martin Provencher told CP on Wednesday.

>>>>>>The Complete Article

http://tinyurl.com/2bzzbq

NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 01:27:09 PM »

HI BB,

That is good news! Smile I hope for the parents and family, that this little girl is still alive, and not that there been untrue story's in this case, (and that this case look like on the McCann case). Btw how are u? And is there any news from Swiss, of  Ylenia Lenhard that was kidnapped by a pedofile Urs Hans Von Aesch.

Dear Lord God, bring this little girl alive at home. Amen

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 01:27:44 PM »

IMO if they have spotted her, it is highly unlikely that this 9 year old took off on her own to another city alone. When you consider that someone with the "missing dog" story possibly took her after approaching her for help and may  still have her against her will. LE needs to move quick, and any further reported sightings IMO should be kept out of the media or the guy might get a whole lot more careful about bring her out in public.....or worse.  If this is  speculatively true, and Cedrika was grabbed by a man who previously approached 3-4 other girls in the area first ,it sounds like he is a psychologically "loose"  and she might be found like in the Elizabeth Smart case.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 01:30:27 PM »

HI BB,

That is good news! Smile I hope for the parents and family, that this little girl is still alive, and not that there been untrue story's in this case, (and that this case look like on the McCann case). Btw how are u? And is there any news from Swiss, of  Ylenia Lenhard that was kidnapped by a pedofile Urs Hans Von Aesch.

HI NYC, I have been looking and nothing reported on the missing Swiss girl, but as we both know doesn't mean nothing is happening. I'll keep my eyes open, let me know if you hear anything too 

NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 01:39:32 PM »

HI BB,

HI NYC, I have been looking and nothing reported on the missing Swiss girl, but as we both know doesn't mean nothing is happening. I'll keep my eyes open, let me know if you hear anything too 

Thank you BB. Sure, I want keep my eyes open too. The last, what I have read, that was they go searching in a greater area around Sankt Gallen. But that was I believe 2 weeks ago.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.