April 27, 2024, 12:47:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing 9 year old Cedrika Provencher, Quebec Canada, 7/31/07  (Read 21330 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 01:41:50 PM »

HI BB,

That is good news! Smile I hope for the parents and family, that this little girl is still alive, and not that there been untrue story's in this case, (and that this case look like on the McCann case). Btw how are u? And is there any news from Swiss, of  Ylenia Lenhard that was kidnapped by a pedofile Urs Hans Von Aesch.

Dear Lord God, bring this little girl alive at home. Amen

HI NYC, I have been looking and nothing reported on the missing Swiss girl, but as we both know doesn't mean nothing is happening. I'll keep my eyes open, let me know if you hear anything too 

Thank you BB. Sure, I want keep my eyes open too. The last, what I have read, that was they go searching in a greater area around Sankt Gallen. But that was I believe 2 weeks ago.

Will start a thread for her. I am sorry to say I thought one had been started.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 09:36:47 AM »

This little girl has really been on my heart!  I don't understand if LE says that a credible witness has seen her, why are they not moving quicker???  Turn that area completely upside down.  And I believe it was Bleachedblack who said, "keep it out of the media."  I completely agree with that. 

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2007, 10:35:25 AM »

I have had her in my thoughts as well , Sleeks. I really do hope she is still alive, and that it is another case like Elizabeth Smart. But I wonder if the sightings are maybe just mistakes. It seems very strange that the person who took her would have her out in public this soon after the kidnapping, and not have her disguised. Elizabeth Smart was hard to spot due to the clothing that covered her up. That guy hid her in plain sight, but the attempt was made to change her appearance. Something about the sightings don't make sense to me.
My fear is that there's a child with similar physical characteristics who has been mistaken for the missing child, and that it has gotten everyone hoping that she's still around.
I hope I am not going to be misunderstood here. Nothing would make me happier than to have this child returned alive to her family. I would love to see a miracle in this case. I guess with as many tragic endings as we've seen lately, I'm more cautious with my optimism now.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 04:46:10 PM »

I have had her in my thoughts as well , Sleeks. I really do hope she is still alive, and that it is another case like Elizabeth Smart. But I wonder if the sightings are maybe just mistakes. It seems very strange that the person who took her would have her out in public this soon after the kidnapping, and not have her disguised. Elizabeth Smart was hard to spot due to the clothing that covered her up. That guy hid her in plain sight, but the attempt was made to change her appearance. Something about the sightings don't make sense to me.
My fear is that there's a child with similar physical characteristics who has been mistaken for the missing child, and that it has gotten everyone hoping that she's still around.
I hope I am not going to be misunderstood here. Nothing would make me happier than to have this child returned alive to her family. I would love to see a miracle in this case. I guess with as many tragic endings as we've seen lately, I'm more cautious with my optimism now.

I completely understand Pdh3 - I too have become sadly less optimistic about some of these cases.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2007, 06:12:16 PM »

Child may have been seen in eatery

Witnesses tell police they saw missing girl with a suspicious man, but lead goes cold
Aug 24, 2007 04:30 AM
Canadian Press

TROIS-RIVIÈRES, Que.–Quebec provincial police say a girl matching the description of Cédrika Provencher was spotted in a Gaspé region restaurant about five days after the child went missing.

The girl, who was wearing oversized clothing and seemed timid, was sitting with a man at a restaurant in Chandler, Que., more than 900 kilometres east of Montreal.

Witnesses told police the relationship between the girl and the man seemed frosty and the man seemed to be acting strangely.

Sgt. Chantal Mackels, a Quebec provincial police spokesperson, said the tip prompted provincial police to set up a number of roadblocks in the area.

"The information was very precise and detailed," Mackels said.

But Mackels said the tip came a few hours after the sighting and police didn't find any sign of the man or the girl.

"We blocked off the region with police blockades and checked all vehicles that were similar to the one described by the people who called.

"Unfortunately, we weren't able to find Cédrika so the information did not pan out, but ... we still have officers in that region and we have also gotten other information that led us other places in the province of Quebec and we're also verifying those," Mackels said.

Mackels said investigators are not releasing the description of the vehicle or the man spotted in the Gaspé at this time.

Cédrika vanished July 31 after she didn't come home from a bike ride in her Trois-Rivières, Que., neighbourhood. She was last seen telling witnesses she was helping a man look for a lost dog.

Posters of the smiling, freckle-faced girl in her Scout's uniform have sprung up all over the province and an $8000 reward has been offered to find her.

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/249395

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2007, 10:40:28 AM »

Family faces birthday without Cedrika

Published: Wednesday, August 29, 2007

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=24ea7c6d-c23a-45a7-99f5-e7034fc2f5c1&k=5855

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2007, 09:24:57 PM »

Police probe new information in case of missing Trois-Rivieres, Que. girl

TROIS-RIVIERES, Que. (CP) — Quebec provincial police are checking into a tip from a man who may have seen 10-year-old Cedrika Provencher being forcibly put inside a car on the night of her disappearance.

The tip came to crime reporter Claude Poirier, who received a voice mail from a woman who claims her uncle saw Cedrika being kidnapped but didn't tell anyone other than his wife because he didn't want to be bothered by police.

The man and his wife were visiting Trois-Rivieres, midway between Montreal and Quebec City, when Cedrika disappeared on July 31.

"It's very important that the Surete du Quebec (police) meet with this person," Poirier said Friday on his daily television show as he recounted the content of the voice mail message and how the man didn't want to call police.

Sgt. Isabelle Gendron said police can't comment on the specifics of the new information, but officers are verifying the tip as they have with every other tip that has come their way.

Gendron said police get as many as 50 calls a day on their tip line and about 40 police officers and investigators are still in Trois-Rivieres following up on information.

On Friday night, Cedrika's family and the public planned to gather at the Sanctuaire Notre-Dame-du-Cap Roman Catholic Church for an evening of prayer for the missing girl.

Police have resisted releasing a composite sketch of a suspect despite a seemingly credible sighting of a man with a young girl in the province's Gaspe region.

Gendron said it's still too early to release a suspect or vehicle description.

On his television show on the French-language TVA network, Poirier told viewers the information might be of help to provincial police.

Poirier agreed to help Cedrika's parents find the child by setting up a special cell phone line that Poirier would answer. The move was made to give anyone who didn't want to call police directly an option.

The youngster was out for a bike ride in the early evening hours but failed to return home for an 8:30 p.m. curfew. Witnesses say the girl told them she was helping a man look for a lost dog.

Cedrika's birthday was marked by her family, who had a public ceremony in Trois-Rivieres on Wednesday. Balloons and 10 doves were released to mark her birthday.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5jON65a01vZ0jKINBPNNeaXb1inxQ

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2007, 04:34:41 PM »

Remains found in dumpster not missing girl

Published: Saturday, September 01, 2007
MONTREAL - Police say human remains found yesterday in a dumpster near a restaurant in St. Jerome, north of Montreal, are not those of a missing Trois-Rivieres, Que., girl.

Const. Joyce Kemp of the Surete du Quebec would not say whether the remains are those of an adult or a child.

However, provincial police confirmed they are not the remains of Cedrika Provencher, missing from her Trois-Riveres home since the end of July.

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=652a9b03-7f39-4d57-83f3-77c4d722e46c

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2007, 11:32:25 AM »

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2007/09/06/cedrika-progress.html

Quebec police seek red car, chestnut-haired driver in missing girl case
Last Updated: Thursday, September 6, 2007 | 3:49 PM ET
CBC News

Quebec provincial police have released details about a suspect car and driver in the Cédrika Provencher investigation.

Police have provided a description of the suspect in the Cédrika case:

Caucasian, French-speaking man of medium build.
Chestnut hair, age 30-40.
Wearing Bermudas, short-sleeved shirt and sandals.
Investigators say suspect was driving a Red Acura: 

Four-door sedan with chrome handles and untinted windows.
Model 2002-04
Anyone with information is asked to call 1-800-659-4264.

Nearly five weeks after the 10-year-old vanished from her Trois-Rivières neighbourhood, police said they're looking for a red Acura four-door identified by several eyewitnesses in the moments leading up to the girl's disappearance.

The car has chrome handles and untinted windows, but may have been altered in the weeks that followed the abduction, Sûreté du Québec spokesman François Doré said in a press conference Thursday in Trois-Rivières, a mid-size city in central Quebec.

The driver is described as a white, French-speaking man of medium build with chestnut-coloured hair, between 30 and 40 years old. He was wearing Bermuda shorts, a short-sleeved shirt and sandals at the time.

(snipped)

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 05:14:12 PM »

Mounties probing tip about Cédrika

Sunday, September 09
The RCMP are investigating a tip from a man who said he saw a missing Trois Rivières girl, Cédrika Provencher, in Fredericton, N.B., Radio-Canada has reported.

RCMP officials were not available to comment but according to an article in yesterday's La Presse, they are taking the tip seriously. Cédrika, missing since July 31, was allegedly spotted climbing into the back of a dark car with Quebec licence plates.

On Thursday, the Sûreté du Québec announced it was looking for a red, standard transmission, Acura in con
nection with her disappearance.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=5767f5da-b2d8-40c6-af48-63ef5a1c0c6f

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2007, 09:52:35 PM »

bump

sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 03:11:18 PM »

Police investigating tip missing girl may have been in car in eastern Quebec
1 day ago

NOTRE-DAME-DU-LAC, Que. - Quebec provincial police, the RCMP and border officials are investigating a tip that missing Cedrika Provencher may have been spotted in a car heading to New Brunswick.

Someone called provincial police in eastern Quebec Friday and said the 10-year-old girl, who disappeared July 31, was possibly seen in a white car with American licence plates near the U.S. border.

Meanwhile, the girl's parents are distributing new pictures of Cedrika as they cling to hope she will be found alive.

The computer-generated photos show the girl wearing glasses and sporting various hairstyles.

Her father, Martin Provencher, says he got the idea about two weeks after her disappearance.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5hgnGUTKaGoventX6GmX0qA3qLuHA

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 03:05:05 PM »

Reward for missing Quebec girl climbs to $100,000

Last Updated: Monday, November 12, 2007
The reward for information to help find a missing 10-year-old Quebec girl has been upped to $100,000.

Cédrika Provencher disappeared July 31 from her Trois-Rivières neighbourhood after reportedly helping a man look for a lost dog.

Montreal-based charitable group Sun Youth Organization said the original reward of $80,000 has been increased by 25 per cent after the agency received a private donation.

The original reward expires at midnight Monday, but the $100,000 offer will be in effect until Feb. 29.

Sun Youth director of emergency services Tommy Kulczyk said the reward money sends an important message to the public. "It was important at this point to pass a clear message that the population and the business sector are still as confident as they were at the beginning of this investigation that Cédrika Provencher will be found."

Cédrika's parents have made several emotional pleas to the public to help find their daughter, and police followed up on thousands of tips from across the country, but admit they have little idea of what happened to Cédrika.

Provincial police ensured they're committed to finding her but they don't have any new leads. One of the more credible tips came from the Gaspé, where Cédrika was reportedly spotted in a restaurant in Chandler.

In the fall, investigators released a rudimentary description of a vehicle spotted in the neighbourhood the day the girl disappeared off the street.

Police weren't able to produce a computerized image of the driver and suspect because they said they didn't have enough information.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2007/11/12/qc-cedrika1112.html

sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2007, 01:24:06 AM »

Police question five in case of missing Quebec girl
Updated Fri. Dec. 21 2007 2:51 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

Quebec provincial police are investigating five persons of interest in the case of missing 10-year-old Cedrika Provencher, who was last seen five months ago.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20071221/cedrika_case_071221/20071221?hub=TopStories

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 12:16:19 AM »

Quebec father searching New Brunswick to find missing daughter

MONTREAL - The father of a missing Quebec girl is continuing to search for her in New Brunswick.

Martin Provencher says he received a tip that his daughter Cedrika was spotted in the Atlantic province last month.

With a pair of volunteers, he says he has been visiting cottages by snowmobile in hopes of gathering information on her whereabouts.

Cedrika disappeared from her neighbourhood in Trois-Rivieres, Que., on July 31, prompting hundreds of people to volunteer to look for the 10-year-old girl.

Provincial police have chased thousands of tips while her parents made several public pleas for information in the case.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5j_OuhyI0thaynCNjIAdC9AbYKEAQ

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2008, 10:58:43 AM »

Please Help Find Cédrika Provencher!

http://tinyurl.com/yrrtdq

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2008, 07:07:16 PM »

Rose bushes named after missing Quebec girl being sold

March 04, 2008
TROIS-RIVIERES, Que. - A collection of rose bushes is being sold in Quebec to raise money for the ongoing search of a 10-year-old girl missing since last summer.

The effort also aims to start a foundation in her name.

Some 2,500 rose bushes are known in Quebec as the Cedrika Provencher rose bush, named after the Trois-Rivieres girl who disappeared on July 31. About 1,000 of them have already been sold at $25 a piece.

"We found a rose bush is representative of Cedrika and other missing children. Like a child it requires care, it's fragile and needs to be looked after," said Claire Lefebvre, who has raised thousands of dollars for the family to help their search efforts by organizing fundraising events such as suppers and hockey games.

She says that even if the hopes of finding the girl are dimming the rose bushes can draw attention to the risks children face, such as kidnapping, she said.

"Yesterday a woman told us her girl was approached by a man who wanted to grab her but (she) broke free and ran away. When her mother asked her why she chose not to follow him she said 'I don't want to end up like Cedrika'," Lefebvre said. "If Cedrika's story... can save lives, we can say we've accomplished something."

Lefebvre says the roses, chosen by Cedrika's father, have a long stem and are a mixture of bright yellow and burgundy red.

"It's a rose bush acclimatized to Quebec's harsh winters," she said. "It represents the girl well and is a colour she would have approved of."

A $100,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the girl's discovery.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=a6e284a0-264d-4e91-8986-65423f417aab&k=85761

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2008, 03:18:21 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTTi_dP-Oi4

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2008, 12:52:32 AM »

Such a sweet looking girl.  That anyone could harm a hair on her head is beyond my comprehension.  What will it take to get these animals off the street?  Sad

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2008, 08:16:55 PM »

Reward for information on missing Que. girl to expire

May. 29 2008
MONTREAL -- The $100,000 reward for information on a Quebec girl missing since last summer is set to expire this weekend.

Cedrika Provencher vanished last July from near her home in Trois-Rivieres, Que.

Quebec provincial police have decided to return the $100,000 to the anonymous donors, saying the reward's usefulness has run its course.

Despite thousands of tips and leads, police have had no luck finding the girl.

The girl's father, Martin Provencher, says he's optimistic his daughter can still be found.

While police continue their investigation, Martin Provencher says he will continue to search for Cedrika himself until she's found.

http://tinyurl.com/6qkhwv

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.