April 24, 2024, 11:55:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Andy Griffith Show....  (Read 5306 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« on: August 03, 2007, 08:21:14 PM »

This is my all time favorite show.

My favorite episode is the one where Gomer and Barney get into it, and Gomer tries to arrest Barney...."Citizen's arrest..citizen's arrest".....I'm laughing just thinking about it.
And Earnest T throwing his rocks....
Growing up in the South, I can relate to so much of this show. "Gomer" grew up in Sylacauga, AL, which was my mother's hometown, and all my relatives knew him....as Jim Nabors, of course. We never missed an episode, and I still watch it.
Ron Howard is one of the few child stars who grew up to be a stable, happy adult. The cast of the show had a lot to do with it, because they were all very good people in their real lives, and they were protective of him.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 01:15:31 AM »

Oh, I love the show too, pdh3! Yes I remember the episode you mentioned: It was so funny! I read once that in the original few episodes they tried to make Barney the straight guy to Andy, and quickly changed their minds. GOOD MOVE!

I loved Otis, Floyd, the Darlings, Thelma Lou, Helen, and the whole cast. One of my favorites is when Aunt Bea wanted to win the pickle contest at the fair and Andy and Barney thought they tasted like kerosene! And remeber when Opie fell in love with Helen?

Yep, those days and Mayberry always reminded me of the small town my Grandmother lived in. I miss the show and her!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 06:31:06 PM »

I love this show too!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 06:56:35 PM »

All I ever needed to know in life I learned from the Andy Griffith Show. See if any of you know these episodes. These are phrases taken from some of my faves.

The bigs ones will take of the little ones.
Call the man!
They have a flower making machine.
The cat! The cat! The cat!
Barney, I can't catch the others if you keep letting these two out all the time.
People like him don't die, they just nasty away.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 06:32:00 PM »

You have stumped me, that's for sure. 

And I'll probably kick myself when I see the answers.

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 10:15:30 PM »

All I ever needed to know in life I learned from the Andy Griffith Show. See if any of you know these episodes. These are phrases taken from some of my faves.

The bigs ones will take of the little ones. This is the one where Opie brings all those stray dogs into the courthouse with him.  Andy says they can't stay and has Barney carry them out of town and leave them in field. Then a thunderstrom comes up and Opie is worried about them and finally Barney tells Opie that the "big ones will take care of the little ones".  They end up going after them and bringing them back to the courthouse.
Call the man! Aunt Bee buys all that meat from Diamond Jim's because of her friend Clara and then the freezer goes out and they have to buy a new freezer.  It's one of my favorites.  Andy keeps saying, "Call the man!" meaning the refrigerator repair man. So when we have any problems at home that needs service we say, call the man.
They have a flower making machine. This is where Opie gets in trouble with his teacher and goes to the widow ladies house and they are growing flowers in their greenhouse (hot house as Andy would say).  They have a moonshine still in there too and only sell it for special occassions.  They found out about it when Opie brings the flowers into the courthouse in a jar filled with moonshine.
The cat! The cat! The cat! This is the one where Opie kills the mother bird with his slingshot after Andy has warned him to be careful.  So Opie raises these three baby birds.  They are in a cage on the front porch one morning when Opie, Andy and Barney are in the kitchen eating breakfast. Suddenly you hear a cat meow and Aunat Bee says, "it's only the neighbor's cat".  There is this sudden silence and them they all three say one after the "the cat? the cat? the cat?" and run outside just in time to save the baby birds. In the end Opie lets them go and they fly into the trees.
Barney, I can't catch the others if you keep letting these two out all the time. This is the one where there are 4 escaped convicts and the state police leave two they caught in the Mayberry jail while they go after the other two.  Barney gives them a metal crafting set and a wood working set to occupy their time and they make a file and escape.  Barney goes int he back and when he comes back they are headed out the front door right into Andy and he brings them back just in time.
People like him don't die, they just nasty away. Actually, right after I posted this I saw this episode.  The quote is more like,"when it's his time to go, he will just nasty away". But this the one where the man owns the department store (Ben) and wants to foreclose on the house he is selling to the Scobies.  They don't have the payment that month and he takes advantage of the situation because he wants to build a warehouse on the property instead.  Barney and Andy decide to raise the money by having a rummage sale.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 04:54:27 PM »

I'm kickin' myself now! 

I remember each and every one of those episodes!

A local church did a whole series of Sunday School classes based on the Andy Griffith Show. I thought it was a wonderful idea.

Barney is probably the greatest character to ever grace a TV set.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.