April 19, 2024, 12:11:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning to all cat owners!  (Read 7632 times)
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 11, 2006, 01:06:58 AM »

Posting this with a sick feeling in my stomach.Most cat owners are aware that kitty cats like to crawl into warm spaces.

Please be sure that you know where you kitty cat is before you start your washer or dryer.My kitty cat got into my dryer this morning when my head was turned and took a 3-5 minute ride in the dryer. Luckily my dryer has been giving me trouble and not heating up too fast. We heard the clunk,clunk and the muffled meow and fished him out. He was still alive but disoriented,limp and dizzy.I was literally sick to my stomach.
I took him to the vet and he says that he thinks we got him out in time and that he will be fine.But, tonight my normally feisty kitty is very tired and moans and groans every once in awhile. I am sure that he is sore.
Please say a prayer for my kitty and do be careful when starting your dryer!!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 01:17:52 AM »

OMG! What a horrible experience for both you and the kitty.  Shocked

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 01:21:18 AM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
OMG! What a horrible experience for both you and the kitty.  Shocked

Louise, I feel just awful about it.... I only turned my head for a minute to answer my son and he must have hopped in. I will never forgive myself if he is not ok.....

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 09:18:28 AM »

Cubbiegirl, you are lucky to have realized and got your kitty out of there.  A girl who worked with me several years ago had the very same thing happen to her, but unfortunately, her cat did not live.  

As bizarre as it seemed hearing what happened years ago, I now am very careful before I close that dryer door.  Cats get into places that dogs wouldn't think of.  

I hope he feels better soon.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 09:43:34 AM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Cubbiegirl, you are lucky to have realized and got your kitty out of there.  A girl who worked with me several years ago had the very same thing happen to her, but unfortunately, her cat did not live.  

As bizarre as it seemed hearing what happened years ago, I now am very careful before I close that dryer door.  Cats get into places that dogs wouldn't think of.  

Thanks Mom........I did not realize how common it is. The vet just matter of factly stated , "usually when they have been in the dryer....." He went on to tell me what injuries can happen, but did not seem at all surprised at what had occured....

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 09:54:08 AM »

Quote from: "cubbeegirl"
Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"

Thanks Mom........I did not realize how common it is. The vet just matter of factly stated , "usually when they have been in the dryer....." He went on to tell me what injuries can happen, but did not seem at all surprised at what had occured....

Cubbee, don't punish yourself.  You could not help it.  Maybe learning this will prevent any future accident from happening that could cause your kitty his life.  Fortunately you got to him in time, and I hope he will be fine.  I accidentally did something worse to one of mine than that.  I will not tell you because it makes me sick to think about it and that was 22 years ago.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 10:05:42 AM »

cubbeegirl --

Don't beat yourself up.

It's what cats do. Sometimes it's cute and funny -- I have some of those stories.

Sometimes its not. Unfortunately I also have some of those stories.

You didn't know. It wasn't on purpose. It wasn't neglect. You just did not know.

I hope kitty feels better soon. I'm thinking that kitty might never try to do that again.

It's a good thing they are so cute and lovable -- because they certainly are rascals. Heart stopping rascals sometimes.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 02:23:23 PM »

Thank you my dear monkey friends for the kitty well-wishes. Kitty is finally eating and drinking a little bit. I had to entice him with a sample can of Special Kitty that came in the last bag of dry cat food that I purchased. I was very concerned when he at first turned his nose up at it, but he is at this moment eating the remains of the can.He still moans and groans if you try to pick him up. I am sure that his body is sore.

Thank you again for all the well-wishes and kitty prayers!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 08:07:19 AM »

Oh, cubbee, how awful for both of you! Is kitty any better today? Cats are such curious creatures, and love holes/box-like places. Being a warm spot with clothing padding it (albeit wet) was probably too much for that baby doll to resist. They truly are like toddlers, and ya gotta watch 'em every minute.  Crying or Very sad

Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 08:41:34 AM »

My beloved kitty died many years ago in a dryer.  At the time I was my vet's babysitter, and he gave me a graphic description of exactly what happened to my cat's body before he died.  It was years before I could get that horrible conversation out of my head.

To this day I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I load the dryer.
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 12:27:38 PM »

Cubbee, so sorry for yours and your kitty's bad experience!  I am SO glad that he is ok!  Don't beat yourself up over it because it was just an accident.  I once had some outside kittens that crawled up into the fan of my car on a cold winter day and I started the car.  I won't say anymore but I was upset over that forever!  But I had no way of knowing as neither did you.  Just love him and he will be ok in a few days when the soreness is gone.

Bobo, I am so sorry that your situation did not turn out better!  I hate that the vet told you all that stuff.   I think some things are better not knowing!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 01:06:42 PM »

Thank you so much for all your concern for kitty cat!!!!I am happy to say that he is pretty much back to normal today, jumping from place to place and pouncing on your leg when you walk by him! I have to do laundry today and to tell you the truth I am half sick to even turn on the dryer!

Justins, kitty got lucky as the clothes that were in the dryer were almost dry. I had fallen asleep the night before and I was turning the dryer on the fluff the stuff up to be folded, so he had some nice fluffy cushion!

I will say that I had to remove the lid off of the litter box as he absolutely refused to go into the one with the lid.When we tried to put him in there he stretched out his paws, his claws came out and he let out a very loud MEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!! Methinks kitty is a little claustrophobic right now!

Thanks again to all my dear monkey friends who cared about me and my kitty cat!! Very Happy

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 01:08:09 PM »

Quote from: "Bobo2"
My beloved kitty died many years ago in a dryer.  At the time I was my vet's babysitter, and he gave me a graphic description of exactly what happened to my cat's body before he died.  It was years before I could get that horrible conversation out of my head.

To this day I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I load the dryer.

OMG.... I am sooo sorry you had to hear all of that and so sorry for the loss of you kitty!

I know what you mean about the sick feeling, my kitty survived and it is making me queazy today to load the dryer!!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 11:02:46 AM »

Cubbee - Update please!

Sounds like Kitty was getting back to normal!

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 04:57:55 PM »

Mermaid and others who have expressed their concern for kitty cat. He is recovering very well. He seems to be more lovable than he was before the incident and still sleeps alot. The vet said that this was par for the course.

My son put on a t-shirt yesterday and when he walked through the room I saw that the back of it looked as if someone had slashed it with a knife.I realized that it was in the dryer with kitty. I inspected his paws and he only has 3 claws that are intact. Several are half broken off and several are just gone and he pulls his paw away as if in pain when you touch them. He really did have a traumatic time, but is slowly getting back to normal.

Thanks again my monkey friends for your concern!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 05:10:31 PM »

I am sure his little claws will grow back!

8 more lives to go....

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 10:48:52 PM »

I'm so sorry, Cubbee.  My niece did this to her dog, a poodle, so it's not just cats.  Accidents happen.  You probably saved several kitties just by posting this.

Thanks for the heads up.
Bearlyhere

Soon your kitty will be:

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
lainey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 11:19:49 PM »

Cubbee, my neighbors cat had a broken leg last winter from the exact same thing.  My cat is too busy in the kitchen to looking for cheese shreads on the floor to go in the laundry room.  I think he is kin to my kids and avoids the laundry area...LOL
Hope kitty is okay now.  I know this is late.
lainey

Lainey
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.