March 28, 2024, 07:47:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: woohoo!!  (Read 5520 times)
spooky112483
Monkey Junky

« on: August 07, 2007, 05:05:37 AM »

A new Sports thread!!! I'm so excited! Thanks Dugga, Red, Mrs, and Klaas!!

"They call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
Arubagate2005
Go Lakers!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 12:11:46 PM »

I love it too!!!

I'll add my thanks to yours!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 11:18:28 AM »

I agree with y'all and have to add my thanks! Have to admit I am more of a baseball girl,although I love football too.
Would love to see some baseball threads pop up on here...

How 'bout them Cubbies!!!!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 11:31:41 AM »

I love baseball too, and I watch the Braves whenever I can. They beat the Giants two nights in a row, and I got to see both games.

Bullpens seem to be the issue for the Braves, the Phillies, and the Mets. For San Diego, the Dodgers, and the Diamondbacks, it seems to be quiet bats. The pennant race is gonna be fascinating, because no one in the NL is pulling away from the other teams. I have no clue who will end up in the World Series in Oct. It looks wide open right now, for the most part.

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 11:38:03 AM »

I am so darn happy with my beloved Cubs right now that even if they don't make the playoffs I will forever be thankful for the great season they have given me.....

Sure would like to see them break that curse tho.... all because of a stupid goat!!! Wink

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 11:32:57 PM »

That's the great thing about baseball. The history of the game and it's players, and how relevant it all is even in today's game. The Cubs wouldn't be the Cubs without the curse. It just adds so much to the whole personality of baseball. Superstitions have always been a part of it, and it just makes it fascinating.
I love baseball!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 11:56:05 PM »

oh I did a decade of adoration for the Braves, even Bobby Cox didn't get under my skin too much  Laughing

I had a crush on that Mark W-whathisname too? Whatever happened to him, Smoltz was way too controlled for me, I like those sometimes wild pitchers  Laughing

Most fun I ever had was keeping score for son's little league teams in the box overhanging the plate (I'd whisper down "hit it outta da park") at those little fellas  Laughing

softball was fun too, I coached first base and whispered to the girls "run like the wind"  Laughing Laughing

those were the days, I miss them now  Sad

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 01:10:43 AM »

I miss those days too none! It was one of the joys of parenthood! I was also very active, and was a team Mom once. We had a wonderful time at the ballpark for many years. My son still plays basketball, so I do have that to do, but it won't last much longer. Sad
I've been watching some of the Little League World Series, and those kids are just adorable.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 10:43:11 AM »

pdh3 i LOVE basketball, it's my fave sport my kids played  Confused

daughter went with softball in college, son with football, see how my opinion ranks?  Laughing

I miss it all too, please enjoy your son's remaining time, I wish I had some of that back now.

The worst was when we moved post divorce and daughter added volleyball, I was one of the few parents able to make the away games so they asked me to keep score. I got slammed in the head at a game with a slam that rickocheted and it was beyond embarrassing and funny  Laughing Laughing

NOT my best skill, I was concentrating and not looking  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 08:59:40 PM »

At least you can keep score. I could never concentrate on that job. I'd get too caught up in watching the kids play. After that one time,they never asked me to do stats again...   We were all relieved Laughing Laughing Laughing
But snacks? I excelled at that one! I was good in the concession stand too, and could even make correct change! Laughing

The days with my son and rec league ball are done after this year. He's said this is it. I will miss it so much. His Dad hardly ever comes to the games, and has never contributed any time to any of the teams, so it has been something between my son and I that we have shared and had fun with for a long time. I really hate to give it up. We've done baseball, football, soccer and basketball, and I have loved it all.

Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 02:33:44 PM »

I love sports ,even when i don't know the game
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 05:39:59 PM »

I love sports ,even when i don't know the game

It doesn't matter! Just join in with us and cheer along! And if you need a team to root for, try the Auburn Tigers!! Laughing You could be related.... Wink

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 11:56:00 PM »

Hate to say it but Auburn is in a world of hurt this year, based on how they looked in that K-State game. Their O-Line was very weak tonight, and they are badly damaged with the loss of the U2 at WR. Cox either is a very mediocre QB, or this year's receivers are pathetic... probably a little of both. The Lester eligibility problem is also just KILLING them. The only thing they had going for them tonight was their usual heart at the end of the game and the Jordan-Hare crowd. I saw nothing from them tonight that suggests that they can contend for even an SEC West title.

They better get it together SOON or they will be at risk of losing to the bammers. How that PAINS me to say...

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 03:25:10 PM »

AU has great talent, but those kids are just very young. Brandon had a bunch of passes dropped that were very catchable, and his OL let him down a few times too. He's actually a very accurate passer when he's healthy, and he's in good shape right now. There were also a few miscommunications between Brandon and his receivers, so all in all, the offense was shaky, but I think it'll get better as time goes by. In the end, we did win by 2 touchdowns, and K State is no slouch team, either.
Take heart!
We won't be undefeated this year, but when you are rebuilding, it takes a while to get to the same point where we were in 2004. That's the shame of how AU was left out of the BCS. In the SEC, it's so hard to get there. Even FL got beat by....AU!

spooky112483
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 04:37:37 AM »

Hate to say it but Auburn is in a world of hurt this year, based on how they looked in that K-State game. Their O-Line was very weak tonight, and they are badly damaged with the loss of the U2 at WR. Cox either is a very mediocre QB, or this year's receivers are pathetic... probably a little of both. The Lester eligibility problem is also just KILLING them. The only thing they had going for them tonight was their usual heart at the end of the game and the Jordan-Hare crowd. I saw nothing from them tonight that suggests that they can contend for even an SEC West title.

They better get it together SOON or they will be at risk of losing to the bammers. How that PAINS me to say...

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read that!  Confused

"They call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
Arubagate2005
Go Lakers!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 07:19:23 PM »

sb- Have a little faith! Laughing
Tubby has the 3rd best record in college football right now, as far as winning. Only Pete Carroll and somebody else I can't remember, have done better. He has a better record than Saban.....
Bama isn't the biggest problem. LSU is the major problem. We'll have the biggest mountain to climb in the Bayou. And the Swamp could drown us too. Those games are the ones that scare me. The injuries will mount up like last year after dealing with those defenses. If we lose to Bama, it will be due to what we've had to face before we got there. If we're beat up, they may get to us. Our steak against Bama statistically has to end sometime, anyway.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.