May 28, 2024, 09:59:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #675 8/8 - 8/10/2007  (Read 200328 times)
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2007, 06:15:17 PM »

Paulus was a Judge in training, and he did not qualify at the end of his training.  Whether or not that means he failed a written test, like the Bar Exam for Attorneys in this country, I do not know.  He was in training......he did not qualify....they had some ridiculous ceremony where he had a long black robe on and he was Appointed "something"    (Father of theYear?).

no, that was taking the bar (closest thing to it compared to the US) in which he is sworn in as a lawyer. Any lawyer in a district has to swear in at the court where he wishes to practice law.

Another lesson in Dutch "law"   Do you mean to tell me, AFTER, Paulus Failed to qualify for

Judge, he THEN took the Bar Exam????? He was NOT a lawyer, when he was becoming a

judge?   You can become a Judge, BEFORE you become a lawyer???

I guess that's why he had a few kids before he got married! Thumb down
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #241 on: August 08, 2007, 06:27:18 PM »

Checkme wrote Jun 21, 4:18 PM:

About the brutal murder of the van Heyningen guy a couple of days ago, this is the type of consequence one can expect if they mess with the kind of people that may be involved with NH’s disappearance. His throat was cut, splattering blood and flesh all over the inside of his house. After that, they dumped his body in a cemetery.

Shocked I am still very suspicious about this and Pitbulls death.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2007, 06:35:32 PM »

Oh, Sharon, I'm so sorry about your kitty.  A pet owner knows how painful,

sometimes others can't.  I stll have Peppy's ashes in a box, put away, of course.  (I

know it sounds silly, but when I moved back up here, my daughter, Amy, gave them to

me, and what can I do?  I had asked Amy not to put her to sleep until I got off for

Rosh Hashanna (I was in Palm Beach PS), it was only a few weeks away, and she said

No, I will not let her suffer.  so one morning when she took her out , her legs went

from under her, and Amy said, that's it!  So I never got to see her.  Just as well!!
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2007, 06:37:04 PM »

I think Pitbulls murder was a WARNING to all on Aruba to keep their mouts shut!!!!
Rammstein
Scared Monkey

« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2007, 07:03:48 PM »

PVDS is a Partner in that Law firm that has his name..I heard him say so in a interview..I believe with Nova..

Carlo & Van Der Sloot

then both are equally responsible for the content of the website.

As a trainee judge you are officially named as a replacement member of the court and officially you then are a judge even though it is a temporary term (not an infinite term).

He may have never sat in judgment, but from a legal standpoint he was a member of the court and thus a judge.

Rule 208. Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than the question is an answer
Rammstein
Scared Monkey

« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2007, 07:06:20 PM »

Please don't shoot the messenger 

Tourism
In April 2007, the number of stay-over tourists and their nights spent on the island rose by 0.6 percent and 1.0 percent, respectively, compared to the corresponding month of 2006 (respectively, -0.3 percent and -0.1 percent). In the first four months of 2007, the number of stay-over visitors and their nights spent on the island rose by 7.2 percent and 5.3 percent, respectively. The Aruba Tourism Authority has not yet published the data on tourist arrivals and nights spent on the island for May and June 2007. Data on the average occupancy rate of hotels for June 2007 show a notable increase of 4.9 percentage points to 72.6 percent compared to June 2006. Data published by the Cruise Tourism Authority show that, when compared to the corresponding month of 2006, the number of cruise passengers shrank considerably, i.e., by 53 percent, despite a 42.9 percent increase in ship calls in June 2007.

Rule 208. Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than the question is an answer
Rammstein
Scared Monkey

« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2007, 07:09:24 PM »

Another lesson in Dutch "law"   Do you mean to tell me, AFTER, Paulus Failed to qualify for

Judge, he THEN took the Bar Exam????? He was NOT a lawyer, when he was becoming a

judge?   You can become a Judge, BEFORE you become a lawyer???

I guess that's why he had a few kids before he got married! Thumb down

his exam to be a lawyer he already passed, he just had to be sworn in (doesn't a US lawyer also have to be sworn in to be admitted to the bar-association? After he has graduated?)

And yes, you can become a judge before you get sworn in as a lawyer.

Some judges never were lawyers, they can also choose to be a DA and after that apply to become a judge.

And Paul in the past had been a lawyer (at some point in his life).

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: August 08, 2007, 07:16:02 PM »

Tourism
In April 2007, the number of stay-over tourists and their nights spent on the island rose by 0.6 percent and 1.0 percent, respectively, compared to the corresponding month of 2006 (respectively, -0.3 percent and -0.1 percent). In the first four months of 2007, the number of stay-over visitors and their nights spent on the island rose by 7.2 percent and 5.3 percent, respectively. The Aruba Tourism Authority has not yet published the data on tourist arrivals and nights spent on the island for May and June 2007. Data on the average occupancy rate of hotels for June 2007 show a notable increase of 4.9 percentage points to 72.6 percent compared to June 2006. Data published by the Cruise Tourism Authority show that, when compared to the corresponding month of 2006, the number of cruise passengers shrank considerably, i.e., by 53 percent, despite a 42.9 percent increase in ship calls in June 2007.

So they claim to have one better month....WHO CARES? 
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2007, 07:22:56 PM »

Checkme wrote Jun 21, 4:18 PM:

About the brutal murder of the van Heyningen guy a couple of days ago, this is the type of consequence one can expect if they mess with the kind of people that may be involved with NH’s disappearance. His throat was cut, splattering blood and flesh all over the inside of his house. After that, they dumped his body in a cemetery.

Shocked I am still very suspicious about this and Pitbulls death.

I am too, *******.  I think they are related to the NH case.  jmo
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: August 08, 2007, 07:22:59 PM »

An email in todays Gretawire:

E-mail No. 6

I will not be traveling to Aruba in my life time. It was actually on top of the list for one of my next big vacations. Guess what the Aruban authorities are going to lose a tremendous amount of tourist if they keep up their dirty work. I don't agree with the authorities trying to get rid of TJ. It looked as if he was getting somewhere more than what Aruba was doing.
Gotta go, my baby is waking up.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292549,00.html
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #250 on: August 08, 2007, 07:24:21 PM »

Tourism

Not only that, but they if you read the entire article, it seems skew their tourist numbers.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: August 08, 2007, 07:32:26 PM »

Tourism

Not only that, but they if you read the entire article, it seems skew their tourist numbers.

I'm just wondering why Ramm felt a need to be the messenger at all?  I'm sure Ramm is aware that we all, especially Red, follow the CBA's reports.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #252 on: August 08, 2007, 07:32:46 PM »

Lala's - are you around?  Wasn't it you that asked me about front page poster Checkme?

I WAS WRONG about Checkme.  Don't know what poster I was thinking of but Checkme does appear to have been posting from Aruba.

Yes, it was me.  I knew it was a poster from Aruba...I just wondered if I was wrong.  Thanks for the answer. 
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #253 on: August 08, 2007, 07:33:02 PM »

E-mail No. 6

I will not be traveling to Aruba in my life time. It was actually on top of the list for one of my next big vacations. Guess what the Aruban authorities are going to lose a tremendous amount of tourist if they keep up their dirty work. I don't agree with the authorities trying to get rid of TJ. It looked as if he was getting somewhere more than what Aruba was doing.

I'm drawing a blank...who is TJ referred to in this email?  (of course, as soon as someone answers I'll probably be embarrassed)

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2007, 07:34:07 PM »

Lala's - are you around?  Wasn't it you that asked me about front page poster Checkme?

I WAS WRONG about Checkme.  Don't know what poster I was thinking of but Checkme does appear to have been posting from Aruba.

Yes, it was me.  I knew it was a poster from Aruba...I just wondered if I was wrong.  Thanks for the answer. 

Lala's - I'm so sorry for the confusion. I must have been thinking of a similar poster's nickname.  Checkme was definately in Aruba. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2007, 07:34:39 PM »

E-mail No. 6

I'm drawing a blank...who is TJ referred to in this email?  (of course, as soon as someone answers I'll probably be embarrassed)

I'm guessing TJ Ward
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #256 on: August 08, 2007, 07:37:23 PM »

Thanks, Klaas.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #257 on: August 08, 2007, 07:37:50 PM »

I am fairly certain that Checkme worked in the ALE area of things.  I made that deduction on my own...no one told me that so don't ask why I say that just consider it my opinion from many things I seen in the archives.  I even suspect I know that person's real name. Don't ask, I won't say. Sorry.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: August 08, 2007, 07:39:54 PM »

I am fairly certain that Checkme worked in the ALE area of things.  I made that deduction on my own...no one told me that so don't ask why I say that just consider it my opinion from many things I seen in the archives.  I even suspect I know that person's real name. Don't ask, I won't say. Sorry.

IMO, Checkme writes like a female.  Do you think female as well?
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #259 on: August 08, 2007, 07:41:27 PM »

Klaas
Can you still check IP addys from the archives?  If so, I will email you. TIA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.