April 19, 2024, 11:32:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CBB's TEST THREAD FOR MODS  (Read 16870 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 01:15:38 AM »

CBB - the subject line is the TITLE

The subject line of this thread is:  CBB's TEST THREAD
crazybabyborg
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 01:21:13 AM »

I created that by hitting "new topic" in the monkey Lounge. That's not how I start a new discussion thread though, right? I'm just not sure where I put the title of a new lively discussion.

( I KNOW this is going to embarrass me when the answer finally whops me up side the head! )
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 01:27:13 AM »

I created that by hitting "new topic" in the monkey Lounge. That's not how I start a new discussion thread though, right? I'm just not sure where I put the title of a new lively discussion.

( I KNOW this is going to embarrass me when the answer finally whops me up side the head! )

In the same subject line CBB.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 01:32:34 AM »

So I just start a new topic in Natalee Holloway and name it Lively Case Discussion #??? Date? I can do that!

I'm sorry! I thought you said not to start a new topic, and couldn't figure out how to do it any other way! ( See, I said I'd be embarrassed! )
crazybabyborg
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 01:33:43 AM »

CBB ignore this post Laughing

Ignore you? Never, San!  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 01:33:46 AM »

Yes CBB - you do it the same way.  Just in the Natalee Holloway forum.  The only difference is that you STICKY it where this one is not STICKIED.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2007, 01:34:56 AM »

OK! I'm making progress! Now, when do I "sticky this topic?"
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2007, 01:36:12 AM »

So I just start a new topic in Natalee Holloway and name it Lively Case Discussion #??? Date? I can do that!

I'm sorry! I thought you said not to start a new topic, and couldn't figure out how to do it any other way! ( See, I said I'd be embarrassed! )

Don't be embarrassed CBB.  I might not have explained myself right.

You are correct when you start a new topic just go to where you want to start it.  Like Natalee Holloway, Monkey Lounge, Missing Persons, etc.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2007, 01:37:07 AM »

Yes CBB - you do it the same way.  Just in the Natalee Holloway forum.  The only difference is that you STICKY it where this one is not STICKIED.

Lord, Klaas! You're a mind reader too! So, when the thread is created, you "sticky it", not when you lock it. I can do that!

I'm printing this thread so I can refer to it and really appreciate the patience!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2007, 01:40:25 AM »

LOL@San! This is like blogging aerobics! So, if splitting a thread creates one with the same subject, couldn't you just split at page 50 and modify the subject?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2007, 01:44:56 AM »

LOL@San! This is like blogging aerobics! So, if splitting a thread creates one with the same subject, couldn't you just split at page 50 and modify the subject?

If SPLITING a thread is the same as it was in the old forum, you have to have a thread already created to SPLIT to.

You would not use it for the LCD at page 50.  You would use it for instance if there was a TON of off topic stuff in the LCD and you wanted to move that to the Monkey Lounge.

Oh wait, I remember...you can name the new thread when you split I think.  Anyway, you still wouldn't use it for the LCD when creating a new thread.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2007, 01:45:33 AM »

Yes that's what I would do.

I thought you could split the thread and move the posts to a certain thread that was created if you wanted to but I don't think you can.  At least I don't.  That's why I created a San Test Thread.  I wanted to move a post from here into that one.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2007, 01:47:03 AM »

If SPLITING a thread is the same as it was in the old forum, you have to have a thread already created to SPLIT to.

You would not use it for the LCD at page 50.  You would use it for instance if there was a TON of off topic stuff in the LCD and you wanted to move that to the Monkey Lounge.

Oh wait, I remember...you can name the new thread when you split I think.  Anyway, you still wouldn't use it for the LCD when creating a new thread.

This is exactly what I wanted to do and I'm having a problem with that.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2007, 01:47:06 AM »

I just tried it, and you're right. It worked ok, except I couldn't rename or modify the subject. OK, no splitting for a new LCD.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2007, 01:50:29 AM »

I wanted to do what Dugga did the other day when he merged topics.  I thought that would be splitting a topic.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2007, 01:50:33 AM »

WAY COOL! You can select posts for moving! It just cuts 'em out!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2007, 01:51:10 AM »

FORGET WHAT I SAID ABOVE I SEE A MERGE BUTTON Laughing
crazybabyborg
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2007, 01:54:28 AM »

I don't see anything that would let you merge.............Wonder how he did that?

OK, I can lock a thread, start a new one, and split a topic if I really wanted to. I can't imagine another situation other than a bunch of OT to do that, but I could do it.

What else do I need to do?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2007, 01:55:09 AM »

FORGET WHAT I SAID ABOVE I SEE A MERGE BUTTON Laughing

You do???
Where?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2007, 01:57:24 AM »

CBB - I'm going to be calling it a night soon.  Have to get up early tomorrow.  I'll be gone for a while but will be back tomorrow afternoon.

Have fun!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.