March 28, 2024, 07:49:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #478 6/23 - 6/24/2006  (Read 306809 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2006, 07:36:33 PM »

Angie

If you're still there, would you please e-mail me?

You can say anything you want - I'm just trying to check out a new setting on the computer.

Thanks.

I Stand With The Girl
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2006, 07:48:53 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
[quote="Ono
 Laughing And don't forget - it's always five o'clock somewhere in the world. Laughing

LOL ~! I have a nice ICE cold beverage here on my desk as I type~! Smile[/quote]

Laughing Going to the kitchen and get my wine right now! Laughing
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2006, 07:51:23 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Maybe this Columbian guy has been turned into a crown witness?  Lordy, I hope they haven't turned him into a scapegoat.  Shocked

I've never had a good feeling about this witness, but if ALE divers went to the site he described and found anything at all it would indicate that he did see something.  I don't think he is the right age to be running with Joran's pack of party buddies.  So, you have to ask how would this Columbian illegal become involved in the actual crime.....

His story has sounded pretty far out there so far.  My questions are 1) why did he wait about 10-11 months before coming forward?  I can understand the fear of being deported, but what motivated him recently to do it anyway? The money? But even if it is the money, why still wait so long?  2) Even though they found weights at the place where he said they'd be, how long were those weights really in the water?  Now we hear he may be involved in the disposal.  Something just sounds hinky to me, too.  But oh how I hope this will solve this case.

BTW, is all of Aruba under a gag order or just the ALE/justice dept. & the rest of the government?
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2006, 07:51:26 PM »

This is sorta sad to say but many times both over seas and here in the US  or end up being pinned on transiets or homeless people .
  The reasons are  they are usually percieved as useless to socity They usually have an alcohol or drug problem  and many  suffer with some sort of mental illness
  and they most of the time have no one to stick up for them except for their public Deffender which is usually  not the best friend to have in a case like that unless you get very very lucky in who you get or if it is a high profile case .JMHO
  Jerry from Ohio

Quote from: "Frijole"
Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Maybe this Columbian guy has been turned into a crown witness?  Lordy, I hope they haven't turned him into a scapegoat.  Shocked

I've never had a good feeling about this witness, but if ALE divers went to the site he described and found anything at all it would indicate that he did see something.  I don't think he is the right age to be running with Joran's pack of party buddies.  So, you have to ask how would this Columbian illegal become involved in the actual crime.....

Unless they are trying to pin it on a choller friend of his!  That is my fear.

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2006, 07:54:37 PM »

Well...one thing makes does make sense: Keeping him safe & sound in jail, with the way things go down on that Unsafe Island. Didn't Jossy say he passed a lie-detector test?
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2006, 08:00:17 PM »

Jerry, I agree.

hello you all`and to think, last night I thought the problem with the site was either with my computer, or was just me Confused

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2006, 08:00:41 PM »

Widget:  I don't know, but I am going to ask.  Kelly's announcement about the weights kind of surprised everyone and that has been the focus today.  Seems these weights were found by LE divers at the exact spot the witness took Jossy to before he was arrested.

Ya know, it would make more sense than the original story though.

Whoa! Can someone summarize for me what's been happening?!

Hi, monkeys! It's the weekend so I get to be online! Whoohoo! How is everyone?

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2006, 08:03:21 PM »

Has anyone ever sandbagged due to storms???  The bags look just like the one in the pic.. They are black with nylon threads and you scoop sand into them.  They could have empty bags all over the place (in case of high water threat).  It would be easy to find the sand to fill them with.  And........the top of the bag looks like spilled sand.......
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2006, 08:04:06 PM »

Hi Justins, I don't know what is going on yet, just got here myself.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2006, 08:05:01 PM »

Easy

What is dos Santos' first name???
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2006, 08:09:13 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I do think J and K2's were probably responsible, but I am amazed at all the people coming out of the woodwork that were up and about during the wee hours of that morning in Aruba. The guy tooling over to his friends to cool off because his house was too hot, the guy who had an argument with his girlfriend or whatever and takes a drive to the beach, the after hours parties we heard about~lots of roaming on that island. Creepy if ya ask me Shocked

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2006, 08:11:01 PM »

This was just posted by Shizaru over at BFN:

Google Hits:

Did a comparison with other famous missing people, thought this result was interesting

"Natalee Holloway": 1.3 million hits
"Jimmy Hoffa": 818,000 hits
"Chandra Levy": 244,000 hits

"George Smith" missing: 93,000 hits
"Natalee Holloway" missing: 629,000 hits

What is it about this case that has caused it to become the most famous unsolved missing persons case since Hoffa?  Maybe the most famous ever?
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2006, 08:15:09 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Google Hits:

Did a comparison with other famous missing people, thought this result was interesting

"Natalee Holloway": 1.3 million hits
"Jimmy Hoffa": 818,000 hits
"Chandra Levy": 244,000 hits

"George Smith" missing: 93,000 hits
"Natalee Holloway" missing: 629,000 hits

What is it about this case that has caused it to become the most famous unsolved missing persons case since Hoffa?  Maybe the most famous ever?

Well, for starters, it was a case and a face I could instantly identify with. I felt like my girls came very close to going on that trip and not returning. I instantly adopted Natalee into my heart. The story reached out, got ahold of my heart, and has not let go.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2006, 08:20:32 PM »

I am in no way, shape or form saying Beth should not have let Natalee go. I refused to let any of my daughters go on those trips, they always begged and I never gave in. One reason was, I was too afraid something would happen to them, and the other reason was, it did not fit into my budget.

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2006, 08:22:42 PM »

Hi everyone,

I've been on the road (I'm in the Houston area now) and I wasn't aware we were "down" again... I DID notice that I couldn't get on here late last night. When did we go out?

I am back in thread #476. Red, I am up to that point if that becomes a factor again... Wink

I'll keep the posting to a minimum like Klaasnd said but I DO want to hear about this "weight" business.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2006, 08:22:46 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Google Hits:

Did a comparison with other famous missing people, thought this result was interesting.

I've mever Googled "Natalee Holloway."  Just think of the people who follow this case that have never gogled her either or used some other search engine.  WOW!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2006, 08:23:42 PM »

Her age, her demeanor, her promise, her ability to have become someone who contributed to society unlike many who have passed on before her, plus her family represented the best of Americans.  Her parents although divorced, behaved in such a way that any child would be proud of them.  Finding their daughter meant more to them than the money they had saved for a rainy day, finding their daughter was the ultimate and foremost thing ever minds.  They showed complete class in front of and away from cameras.  They never lost control except the one time when Beth broke down and cried in front of the cameras and I expect she had tried not to do that.  Everyone saw her pain, her agony, and the complete cover-up from Aruba and all those who cheer for the good guys, knew Beth & Dave were the good guys and Aruba was the worst of what any country could be, the very nasty remarks from Arleen, Tito, Ruben, and the hateful posts by Julia Renfro, the ugliest of them all whose hard is lined with lead and her veins run ice water --- that was what represented Aruba while Dave & Beth and their friends and family, who were very respectable and warm and friendly, represented Natalee.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2006, 08:24:28 PM »

sorry Embarassed  I did not realize posting was to be kept to a minimum, I will shush now.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2006, 08:26:31 PM »

Fox News - 9pm Eastern Saturday/Sunday 6/24-25

Sat. and Sun., June 24 & 25:
• Has a witness to Natalee Holloway's murder finally come forward? We'll talk to her parents
• Will a hidden bombshell blow the Duke lacrosse case wide open?
• And, we'll profile America's most brazen bank robber
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2006, 08:27:47 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
Hi everyone,

I've been on the road (I'm in the Houston area now) and I wasn't aware we were "down" again... I DID notice that I couldn't get on here late last night. When did we go out?

I am back in thread #476. Red, I am up to that point if that becomes a factor again... Wink

I'll keep the posting to a minimum like Klaasnd said but I DO want to hear about this "weight" business.

Hi SB - we went down yesterday morning.  I don't think we've lost everything this time but Tom and Red need to add it all back.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.