April 20, 2024, 05:24:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #478 6/23 - 6/24/2006  (Read 318286 times)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2006, 11:30:20 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
FINGERPRINTS ON THE WEIGHTS?

Last night after we heard about the weights, we were speculating on whether the weights would hold fngerprints after being in the water for a year. I did some reserach on it and it doesn't sound very likely.

How long do fingerprints last on evidence?  Fingerprints on paper, cardboard and unfinished wood can last for up to forty years (per actual casework histories) unless exposed to water (and contaminate transfer prints can even then sometimes persist).  Fingerprints on non-porous surfaces such as plastic, metal and glass can last for many years if not exposed to water and if left undisturbed.

http://onin.com/fp/lpfaq.html#what_kinds_of_evidence

Well, it looks like the sandbags you fill to prevent water during flooding.  Those bags have to be propped open to fill with sand...then tied...I swear it looks like spilled sand over the top of the bag.  There could be prints around the edges.  Maybe that was what they wanted the DNA for (not the toothbrush).  If I remember correctly, the first time I heard the shoe story was from Tromp and Dave during the draining of the pond...maybe they found one shoe in the plastic and were looking for the other in the water????
tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #201 on: June 23, 2006, 11:32:48 PM »

Klaas:
Tom is going to get the threads back, I'm sure of it. It won't be a problem to post most of the maps when the site gets back to normal. It's bare bones right now.

Thank you!  Then you'll have most of the info all together in one spot for reference.  Thank you for all the hard work and time you have put into doing that.

Sigh.  I'll always be behind.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: June 23, 2006, 11:40:32 PM »

Hello to the Monkeys who are still here,

I was distressed that the board wasn't working yesterday. Today I was busy all day and just signed on and read the back pages. I'm so sorry the board is still in flux and I want to thank Tom for his working in trying to get everything up and running again.

On the front page, in pic of the white bag, I do see the form of a body. On all the subsequent pics posted on this thread, I don't see a body. But as my very smart adopted daughter, SunFreak2 said, "First, we can't tell anything about the size of anything b/c there is nothing in the photo to give us a size relationship." I don't see feet or shoes (regarding Joran).  I see a body in a fetal position laying on it's left side, head bent down, back curved, legs bent and feet at the right. But what do I know?

As for what Rob posted at BFN, I no longer have confidence in anything he says. I don't believe he is making stuff up, but his head is somewhere in outer space lately. Just my humble opinion.

I missed Greta and John Q discussing the weights last night. Can anyone give me a clue? And if they are weights, how do the fit into the case? Was that picture supposed to show that the white bag was connected to the weights and they found the bag and weights in the water?

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: June 23, 2006, 11:44:03 PM »

I heard over and over, from Beth, that the flip flops were brown. I specifically noted that because I would never wear brown flip flops with that outfit.

SSD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #204 on: June 23, 2006, 11:45:25 PM »

Good evening, Monkeys!  Like everyone here, I am thankful to have the forum back, even in its "bare-bones state".   I also want to thank Tom and Red and Mrs. Red for their work, time, and patience.  They are doing a very good work here, and I hope they know how much they are appreciated by so many.

SSD

"I am only one.  But still I am one.  I cannot do everything.  But still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." - Edward Everett Hale
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #205 on: June 23, 2006, 11:47:08 PM »

Additionally, I don't understand what happened to the board that made it go down. Is Tom saying the company that provides the server no good or that their servers don't last or they wear out way too soon?

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: June 23, 2006, 11:48:05 PM »

Louise

Go to FP post Aruba Police Task force....  scroll down to June 22 10:37 pm...there is transcriptions of Greta with JQK.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #207 on: June 23, 2006, 11:49:13 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
I heard over and over, from Beth, that the flip flops were brown. I specifically noted that because I would never wear brown flip flops with that outfit.

The FBI says black...so who knows??
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: June 23, 2006, 11:51:44 PM »

I heard the same thing Louise - I was surprised to see the FBI site says black.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: June 23, 2006, 11:53:04 PM »

Additionally, I don't understand what happened to the board that made it go down. Is Tom saying the company that provides the server no good or that their servers don't last or they wear out way too soon?

Sounds like the hard drives they use fail way too often.  I suggested Tom find out if they are getting their hard drives from the "flea market"  Laughing
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #210 on: June 24, 2006, 12:13:40 AM »

Good evening!  Thanks for getting us back, Tom.

Very interesting development, not sure what to make from it yet.

Hey look, it's the edit button!  THERE IS A GOD!

Wow, how many times can you edit?

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” ~MLK, Jr.
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #211 on: June 24, 2006, 12:20:00 AM »

Hello hello hello........anyone here?

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” ~MLK, Jr.
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #212 on: June 24, 2006, 12:20:31 AM »

Should I turn out the lights?

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: June 24, 2006, 12:25:38 AM »

There's an edit button?!  Shocked

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #214 on: June 24, 2006, 12:26:15 AM »

Quote from: "Whodunit?"
Should I turn out the lights?

No! Can't see the edit button with the lights out!

Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #215 on: June 24, 2006, 12:29:22 AM »

HA!  Can you see it now????? Maybe I should shhhhhhhhh before Red takes it away again?  Or maybe mine is special? Wink

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: June 24, 2006, 12:29:28 AM »

Don't get too attached to the edit button, it probably won't last long, lol  Laughing
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #217 on: June 24, 2006, 12:30:14 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Don't get too attached to the edit button, it probably won't last long, lol  Laughing

I had a feeling.........

whytegirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #218 on: June 24, 2006, 12:31:00 AM »

Been lurking, catching up...hi guys!

"Never give up. Who knows where I would be today if my family had given up on me and all the other people?"--Elizabeth Smart
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #219 on: June 24, 2006, 12:33:14 AM »

On my screen, I don't see an edit button.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.