March 28, 2024, 02:30:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #478 6/23 - 6/24/2006  (Read 306957 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #300 on: June 24, 2006, 11:18:53 AM »

I rec'd 3 bulk emails from strange addys 2 days ago, all of which were marked as having a virus attachment.  This was a first for me.  I deleted them, and ran Adaware and antivirus, and so far haven't had it happen since.  Did not think of a robot and the forum, but rather, someone on my list having a problem.  mmmmmmm

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: June 24, 2006, 11:21:43 AM »

I think the PMs are a great idea as well...unless the privilege is used to abuse...

Bring Natalee home...
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #302 on: June 24, 2006, 11:32:10 AM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
I rec'd 3 bulk emails from strange addys 2 days ago, all of which were marked as having a virus attachment.  This was a first for me.  I deleted them, and ran Adaware and antivirus, and so far haven't had it happen since.  Did not think of a robot and the forum, but rather, someone on my list having a problem.  mmmmmmm

I got stung last week by a spoof PayPal. I went to the "PayPal" site in the email and gave them by PayPal password. They asked for more info, but I didn't give it. I called Paypal and emailed the other fake vendor.
NEVER GO TO A SITE, ANY SITE FROM THE EMAIL.
CLOSE THE EMAIL AND GO TO THE SITE BY THE USUAL METHODS YOU USE.

I changed my password with PayPal and they also sugested that I do that frequently. PayPal has now frozen my account for a while. Even I cannot get any money out of there. I have to check all my accounts every day
and hopefully in a while, things will normalize.
I have my email address here, but I am thinking that my email address might be public from some other places where I used to post. RVW for starters.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #303 on: June 24, 2006, 11:39:07 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

I got stung last week by a spoof PayPal. I went to the "PayPal" site in the email and gave them by PayPal password. They asked for more info, but I didn't give it. I called Paypal and emailed the other fake vendor.

I changed my password with PayPal and they also sugested that I do that frequently. PayPal has now frozen my account for a while. Even I cannot get any money out of there. I have to check all my accounts every day
I have my email address here, but I am thinking that my email address might be public from some other places where I used to post. RVW for starters.

I have seen the same scam from "eBay." You will get a very real-looking e-mail saying you need to update your credit card info. Reputable companies will NEVER ask you to do this from an e-mail.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: June 24, 2006, 11:43:37 AM »

O/T - One more picture of a different Rose I planted.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #305 on: June 24, 2006, 11:44:01 AM »

Yep, my hubby got one of those PayPal emails about a month ago.  It was discussed here in the forum about a week or so ago, and I shared the info with him.  He had not used the accout in a long time, so when he got the email, he flipped.  I've even gotten them on the corporate network, and reported them.  Once got one from a client, SunTrustBank, referencing an account I did not have with them.  Later, a notice went through warning about such.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: June 24, 2006, 11:46:19 AM »

Klaas, if you are here, I was wondering where you play spades. I have been playing in msn zone classic spades for years now, and they decided to revamp their site so all of the teams/leagues/ladders players have found new sites to call home.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #307 on: June 24, 2006, 11:47:41 AM »

Very beautiful, San.  Lovely color.  I'm back to rose envy.  I have only one tea rose surviving and have no blooms.  All of my others died in the past couple years.  Their location became too shaded due to trees that grew so tall they blocked the sunlight.  The trees are now gone, so I'm thinking I should get some new ones to cultivate.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #308 on: June 24, 2006, 11:50:25 AM »

Quote from: "wreck"
Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

I have seen the same scam from "eBay." You will get a very real-looking e-mail saying you need to update your credit card info. Reputable companies will NEVER ask you to do this from an e-mail.

I just wasn't thinking.  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed It was late at night. But, I just went to PayPay and some other stuff, everything OK. I have insurance for this kind of thing, but what a pain in the ! !
I passed the warning to ppl I know who have PayPal b/c it is too easy to be a dummy like moi.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #309 on: June 24, 2006, 11:59:22 AM »

I have only gotten 2 virus emails for my SM account ever... but my personal account... which I use for family, etc. that account gets hit hard all the time...

I get the paypay thing... and I have never used them!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: June 24, 2006, 12:09:42 PM »

Hey everyone!  Just popping in to see what is happening.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: June 24, 2006, 12:10:33 PM »

In today's Diario - looks pretty interesting.  If Whytegirl is around maybe she can give us a clue what it says.

Polis falso tabata kier pa nan haci sex su dilanti MARDUGA TURISTANAN MERICANO A YAMA CONSULADO DI MERCA PA PIDI ASISTENCIA

ORANJESTAD (AAN): Un caso lamenta a keda registra, y DIARIO ta insisti cu e tin di worde investiga profundamente pa autoridad concerni.  Mescos cu regularmente ta socede na Los Angeles y na Cancun regularmente unda hendenan ta impersona Polis djis pa comete crimen... algo asina awor ta socede na Aruba!

Tin di captura e Polis falso aki cu a pone pais Aruba den luz negativo.  Isla di Aruba a haya bastante golpi caba relaciona cu e caso Natalee, awor ta bin esaki cerca? Un homber di habla hispano, a haya ta bon pa hunga como Polis falso.

Segun e informe suministra na Central di polis cual a keda registra pa 2’or di marduga cu presencia di un patruya ta worde rekeri na un Lowrise Hotel.

E unidad policial cu a presenta a atende e mucha muher di inicialnan H.M.C. di 19 aña naci Merca y ta hospeda pa un hotel. Segun e mucha muher, e tabata sinta riba beach disfrutando di briza di laman den compania di su amigo. Pero a aparece un homber bisti cu un trahe blou ("bluawe pak" manera polis a describi esaki).

E homber a bisa e bishitantenan cu e ta Polis y e tin di duna nan boet di 500 Dollar. Debi cu e turistanan a viola leynan vigente.

E turistanan mes no por a comprende ki ley nan a viola y tampoco e articulo di ley cu e homber “in blue” ta menciona.

Hunto cu e “man in blue”, nan a bay direccion di nan camber pa asina regla e asunto di boet. Pero e Polis falso aki a bisa e turista encuestion si bo paga 50 Dollar e ta deshaci di e boet.

E turista a draai contesta e Polis falso cu nan no tin placa e momento ey den nan poder. Direpiente e polis falso a haci uso di un celular y supuestamente e tabata delibera... Dios sa kende, of ta laga aparenta cu e ta papiando cu un persona, su combersacion tabata na spaño segun e turista a laga miembronan di patruya comprende.

Cos a bira mas serio ora cu e polis falso a regresa y a bisa e turistanan e lo siguiente: "Si boso haci sex dilanti mi"... e ta deshaci completamente di e boet encorto e ta destrui esaki.

Ora cu e turistanan a scucha esaki nan a probecha na un dado momento di drenta den nan camber y dal e porta sera.  Mesora nan a yama number di telefon di Consulado Mericano na Curaçao pa pone nan na altura di e sucedido.

Segun version ta indica cu esun cu a atende nan na Consulado, a notifica nan pa yama Warda di Polis inmediatamente, y esey a worde haci mesora.

Mientras gerente di hotel a tuma medidanan ta suplica tur nan guests, tanto bishitante y tambe local pa no duna ID of paspoort na ningun hende si no ta autoridad competente.

E caso serio aki tin debido atencion di autoridad competente si tin cualkier persona cu lo por a wak un tipo bisti cu "blue suit" e marduga pa mes o menos 2’or pa reporta autoridad pa asina logra pone man riba e anti social aki pa asina lastre hibe dilanti Corte pa a causa daño na nos industria turistico cual pueblo ta depende di dje.

http://www.diarioaruba.com/diabierna/noticia/news3.html
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: June 24, 2006, 12:11:29 PM »

Hey, monks! How are y'all on this fine June day?

It's the weekend, so I get to be online! Razz

casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #313 on: June 24, 2006, 12:11:56 PM »

good to see you justinsmom!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #314 on: June 24, 2006, 12:16:51 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
I have only gotten 2 virus emails for my SM account ever... but my personal account... which I use for family, etc. that account gets hit hard all the time...

I get the paypay thing... and I have never used them!!

When I try to respond to the sender, I can go to a site in the NL.
I will have to be on Scam Alert now that I know about this kind of stuff.  
 Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
Thank you for all your hard work on this forum and getting things back
up ! ! I do not get Fox, so I will have to rely on the monkeys for the synopsis. And we do have some very smart monkeys here I might add. And some cheeky ones too !!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: June 24, 2006, 12:18:58 PM »

Last night I think it was Tidycat that was looking for the satellite view of the aru-bay pond video and the routes it took.  The satellite view has to be a large picture so I put it in a separate thead so it won't blow the margins here:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=3

Hope that helps people get an idea of where they were taking the video.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #316 on: June 24, 2006, 12:19:09 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
Hey, monks! How are y'all on this fine June day?

It's the weekend, so I get to be online! Razz

hey justis...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #317 on: June 24, 2006, 12:20:54 PM »

Quote from: "casa"
good to see you justinsmom!

It's good to be here with my fellow monkeys! Justin "let" me lurk a bit last week, but it was not quite the same.  Confused Very busy at work.  

My right hand is slightly numb along the pinky side. Spent several hours at the key board on Tuesday at work (like Cool to catch up paper work. Taking ibuprofin in case it is a nerve that is inflamed from too much of that typing. Anyone else had anything similar?

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: June 24, 2006, 12:22:01 PM »

That smiley face was supposed to an eight...

Anyone care to summarize the week?

casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: June 24, 2006, 12:23:12 PM »

Justinsmom, it could be from you typing.  I have had a sore wrist before from being on the computer too much.  Ibuprofen is good to take.  If it is from the computer it should get better in a few days.  If it doesn't you might want to have it checked out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.