April 25, 2024, 11:00:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #478 6/23 - 6/24/2006  (Read 321388 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #520 on: June 24, 2006, 09:54:00 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "wreck"
Quote from: "wreck"
Just another observation.......
Do you all remember when they first tried to "drain the pond"? They brought in huge pumps (from Valero, if I recall). They put the drain hose directly into a "spillway" VERY similar to the one in the pic. This "spillway" supposedly drained directly back to the sea.  Could we be talking about the same one??

This got rushed right before "The Line-Up" came on. Any thoughts???

Not sure, I don't think so but it's possible:

That is a winged-wall inlet.  A spillway would allow water to cross over the surface.

Wow, you have every pic ever taken Klass!!!! I was going off my memory from a year ago -- no, I guess it is not the same!

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #521 on: June 24, 2006, 09:55:36 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
My engineering background is really having a problem with this constant reference to a spillway.  A concrete box is not a spillway!  It is an inlet and it will collect anything that is carried by water.

I'll help you out Easy - it is a DRAINAGE INLET, not a spillway:

Details, details, details.....
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #522 on: June 24, 2006, 09:55:37 PM »

Quote from: "sandy leiva"
Quote from: "thecuz"
thanks klaas and sandy....does anybody have his myspace account saved...where that comment shows up?

its on my burned out hard drive which i have saved anyone know how to make miracles happen?  am willling to donate hardware if u can  it has most of all early natalee archives in it

Have you tried taking it to Bestbuy or similar place?  They can retrieve files for less than $100.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #523 on: June 24, 2006, 09:58:51 PM »

Hi there!  What's shakin' in the cage.  Just got home from the pool.  Missed anything important on The Lineup.  

Geez, who knew the Board was going to go down again.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #524 on: June 24, 2006, 09:59:26 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Thank you, Justins, for trying to answer my nagging questions.

Hotshot, if you saw such (if not THE) spillway in Aruba, is that the only spillway in Aruba? Hotshot, did you personally take the pics we are now looking at online?

Are spillways hidden or out in the open?

Sorry for nagging but no one is saying how many spillways Aruba has and if they are hidden or out in the open.  

Once I can get my questions answered, then I can contemplate further on the bag in the spillway.

In my year here at Scared Monkeys, I have never before nagged you to death about any issue.

I live near a big dam, the William Mulholland / Hollywood Reservoir dam. It is huge. But I'm a moron when it comes to spillways.

Somebody please help me.

Sorry I didn't see you ask me.  I traced the route that Ed Smith took while he was taking the videos.  So Easy is correct, this concrete works only with over flows, when water is high in one area and needs to drain into another.  They go under the road in this area, one on each side of the road.  I don't know how many are in aruba, but you will see them where water is.  They are kind of hidden.  you would have to get out of the car and look over to even know it was there.  In my case I was at the huts, on the side of the huts are where they started to dig, and water came up, so then if you go across the street there is the other one, where the bag was, that leads into the open area where they did drain to look for the shoe.  I dont know which pics we are seeing online, but NO I did not take the pic of the bag, I would have been looking in the bag.  That is all from aRU-BAY.

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #525 on: June 24, 2006, 10:01:42 PM »

Hello Daughter Sunny,

Yep, I'm a shoe addict. I used to wear all of them when I was working in the corp. world. I was very glad when the square toes and rounded toes became popular and well as stacked heels, and lower heels. I still have permanent damage from the pointed toe shoes. I still have some sexy spiked heels for special occasions.

But I'm like you, too. Out of all my shoes, I probably only wear 10 pair regularly. I have to go over my closet and clothing and get rid of a lot of stuff. I give it to charities which focus on women who need good clothing when they go to job interviews.

Love, Mama Louise

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #526 on: June 24, 2006, 10:03:03 PM »

Evening monkeys.

I've been reading off and on while I've been doing some things around the house this evening.

One of the items of discussion has been that if Natalee's body were in the bag in the video, it couldn't fit into a space 3 ft x 3 ft. Actually, I just curled up on the bed and had hubby measure me, and with me all in one piece I measured 3 ft x 2 ft. (yeah, yeah, I know it's weird. Laughing )

I realize there is space around the bag, but I did just want to mention that the space requirements are not out of the question.

I Stand With The Girl
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #527 on: June 24, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Evening monkeys.

I've been reading off and on while I've been doing some things around the house this evening.

One of the items of discussion has been that if Natalee's body were in the bag in the video, it couldn't fit into a space 3 ft x 3 ft. Actually, I just curled up on the bed and had hubby measure me, and with me all in one piece I measured 3 ft x 2 ft. (yeah, yeah, I know it's weird. Laughing )

I realize there is space around the bag, but I did just want to mention that the space requirements are not out of the question.

Well, tell us this!  Does hubby ever ask you to measure him?  Hey! Hey! Hey!   Cool
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #528 on: June 24, 2006, 10:06:38 PM »

Evening monkeys.

Very Happy  
Thanks for the human experiment.  You rock!  Very Happy
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #529 on: June 24, 2006, 10:07:09 PM »

Shocked  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #530 on: June 24, 2006, 10:07:18 PM »

Thank you, Justins, for trying to answer my nagging questions.

Hotshot, if you saw such (if not THE) spillway in Aruba, is that the only spillway in Aruba? Hotshot, did you personally take the pics we are now looking at online?

Are spillways hidden or out in the open?

Sorry for nagging but no one is saying how many spillways Aruba has and if they are hidden or out in the open.  

Once I can get my questions answered, then I can contemplate further on the bag in the spillway.

In my year here at Scared Monkeys, I have never before nagged you to death about any issue.

I live near a big dam, the William Mulholland / Hollywood Reservoir dam. It is huge. But I'm a moron when it comes to spillways.

Somebody please help me.

I don't much about this subject but I think the photo off the police in relation to the draining of the pond looks more like a drainage ditch than what I think is a spillway.  I thought a spillway was designed to cause water to release over an area so as to avoid flooding.   Sorry I can't help more.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #531 on: June 24, 2006, 10:09:07 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Does anyone remember how dark it was that night on the beach?  Was there any moonlight?  I want to know how far away that witness actually was.  I think it would be difficult to identify Joran as the person unless the witness was very close to him.  There are several people that have been mentioned that could easily look like Joran on a beach in the early morning hours.  ( Geez!  Now I sound like I am on Joran's side.)  Rolling Eyes

May 30 - The ARUBA sky is partly cloudy. Temperature is 84.2 degrees. Dew point is 77 degrees. Humidity is 79%. Wind is out of the east at 13.8 mph. Ground visibility is perfectly clear at 7 miles to horizon.  

Virtual Reality Phase of the Moon
 2005 May  30, 0 hrs   ET

Thanks!  So it would have been possible to see some details by the witness.  That is what I wanted to know.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #532 on: June 24, 2006, 10:10:54 PM »

Evening monkeys.

Well, tell us this!  Does hubby ever ask you to measure him?  Hey! Hey! Hey!   Cool

Bad, bad, Easywriter! Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #533 on: June 24, 2006, 10:11:51 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"
Anyone else find it weird that Dave said he doesn't even know if the condom has been turned in?

Wonder if he meant:

to ALE
to Holland

???

We've heard that an item is being tested in Holland ... could it be:

pipe,
clothing
condom

or .... maybe they just put it in the file drawer.   Laughing

What was said on the Kim G show ? Question  Question
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #534 on: June 24, 2006, 10:12:13 PM »

Listening to KG’s program tonight, I picked up on a couple of different things.  Dave seemed to be a little perturbed by the whole line of questioning and discounted the latest story with hi usual graceful manner.  Beth seemed more hopeful and willing to listen to anything that might bring forth answers.

Something about it gave me a funny feeling.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: June 24, 2006, 10:12:19 PM »

Anna,

How did you find out that two security guards jumped off the high rise hotels last year?  What was said about it and were there any reasons for them to do so? I'm suspicious. Do you think/know if they were in some kind of trouble and were pushed or forced to jump?

As far as I'm concerned, there are much easier and less dramatic ways to commit suicide. Jumping off a building is drastic (remember people jumping out of the Twin Towers on September 11) as opposed to overdosing on drugs, since drugs abound on Aruba. Also, how about a gun? 1-2-3 and it's over.

Please let me know what information you might have about this.

Thank you very much.

Louise

Louise,
I read that here on SM when we were compiling a list of suspicious deaths in Aruba.  Someone also posted a narrative by tourist staying at a hotel where it happened and they said they were surprised to learn it was the second time something like this had happened.

I don't have any more information other than what was said here at that time.  Maybe someone else remembers more??

Anna

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #536 on: June 24, 2006, 10:17:11 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Quote from: "Frijole"
Anyone else find it weird that Dave said he doesn't even know if the condom has been turned in?

Wonder if he meant:

to ALE
to Holland

???

We've heard that an item is being tested in Holland ... could it be:

pipe,
clothing
condom

or .... maybe they just put it in the file drawer.   Laughing

What was said on the Kim G show ? Question  Question

Jossy was on - also Beth and Dave.

Jossy told the story about the Columbian witness.  Same thing except he indicated that Joran was IDed after the witness saw his photo in the paper/news.  He also indicated that there was a condom found and a piece of fabric that Natalee's mother could identify.

Dave I believe mentioned that there was also a metal pipe found that they believe was used to weigh her down.  Dave doesn't know if condom turned in yet.

Beth hasn't been asked to look at the fabric...

Think that's it.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #537 on: June 24, 2006, 10:17:48 PM »

Listening to KG’s program tonight, I picked up on a couple of different things.  Dave seemed to be a little perturbed by the whole line of questioning and discounted the latest story with hi usual graceful manner.  Beth seemed more hopeful and willing to listen to anything that might bring forth answers.

Something about it gave me a funny feeling.

I got the same impression. I mentioned earlier that Dave did not seem optimistic -- but that is CERTAINLY understandable seeing that EVERY other hopeful lead turned out to be another crock. If I was Dave, I could never allow myself to be optimistic ever again.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #538 on: June 24, 2006, 10:25:29 PM »

WaaH!!! I just got in and missed Kimberly! Was it worth watching? Crying or Very sad

Hi Monkeys! How is everyone?

I was thinking about the bag in the chicago video, and it's hard to tell how big the bag, or that containment area is. Since that's the same one that has the shoes in it, I was wondering if there might be a way to compare them, for some perspective. I realize that the shoes are further away, but if we could get a capture of both scenes, without either being resized, I think it would help.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #539 on: June 24, 2006, 10:25:39 PM »

While "listening" to the program and not looking at the screen, I intuited that Dave sounded downcast.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.