March 28, 2024, 03:44:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #478 6/23 - 6/24/2006  (Read 307045 times)
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #500 on: June 24, 2006, 09:33:49 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Does anyone remember how dark it was that night on the beach?  Was there any moonlight?  I want to know how far away that witness actually was.  I think it would be difficult to identify Joran as the person unless the witness was very close to him.  There are several people that have been mentioned that could easily look like Joran on a beach in the early morning hours.  ( Geez!  Now I sound like I am on Joran's side.)  Rolling Eyes

Headlights on the car were on?

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #501 on: June 24, 2006, 09:35:59 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
Does anyone remember how dark it was that night on the beach?  Was there any moonlight?  I want to know how far away that witness actually was.  I think it would be difficult to identify Joran as the person unless the witness was very close to him.  There are several people that have been mentioned that could easily look like Joran on a beach in the early morning hours.  ( Geez!  Now I sound like I am on Joran's side.)  Rolling Eyes

Again, how close was this witness?  Just trying to think through this as being someone else that may have been paid to dispose of the body that resembled Joran.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #502 on: June 24, 2006, 09:37:05 PM »

Quote from: "wreck"
Just another observation.......
Do you all remember when they first tried to "drain the pond"? They brought in huge pumps (from Valero, if I recall). They put the drain hose directly into a "spillway" VERY similar to the one in the pic. This "spillway" supposedly drained directly back to the sea.  Could we be talking about the same one??

This got rushed right before "The Line-Up" came on. Any thoughts???

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #503 on: June 24, 2006, 09:37:36 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"

Again, how close was this witness?  Just trying to think through this as being someone else that may have been paid to dispose of the body that resembled Joran.

Well, if it was too dark to describe the car....then it would be too dark to see if anyone else was in the car.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #504 on: June 24, 2006, 09:40:11 PM »

Buckeye,
That is what I am trying to say.  How can the witness see Joran well enough to identify him and yet can't tell you anything about the car.  Yet the witness saw him remove something from the car to wrap her body in.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #505 on: June 24, 2006, 09:41:18 PM »

My engineering background is really having a problem with this constant reference to a spillway.  A concrete box is not a spillway!  It is an inlet and it will collect anything that is carried by water.
sandy leiva
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #506 on: June 24, 2006, 09:41:34 PM »

Quote from: "thecuz"
thanks klaas and sandy....does anybody have his myspace account saved...where that comment shows up?

its on my burned out hard drive which i have saved anyone know how to make miracles happen?  am willling to donate hardware if u can  it has most of all early natalee archives in it
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #507 on: June 24, 2006, 09:44:42 PM »

And no, Lala's, asking that does not make you seem like a Joran supporter. Only someone seeking the truth.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: June 24, 2006, 09:44:46 PM »

Do you all remember when they first tried to "drain the pond"? They brought in huge pumps (from Valero, if I recall). They put the drain hose directly into a "spillway" VERY similar to the one in the pic. This "spillway" supposedly drained directly back to the sea.  Could we be talking about the same one??

Not sure, I don't think so but it's possible:

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #509 on: June 24, 2006, 09:44:48 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
My engineering background is really having a problem with this constant reference to a spillway.  A concrete box is not a spillway!  It is an inlet and it will collect anything that is carried by water.

Thank you!  This is a drainage ditch.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #510 on: June 24, 2006, 09:47:40 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Not sure, I don't think so but it's possible:

That is a winged-wall inlet.  A spillway would allow water to cross over the surface.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #511 on: June 24, 2006, 09:48:18 PM »

Thank you, Justins, for trying to answer my nagging questions.

Hotshot, if you saw such (if not THE) spillway in Aruba, is that the only spillway in Aruba? Hotshot, did you personally take the pics we are now looking at online?

Are spillways hidden or out in the open?

Sorry for nagging but no one is saying how many spillways Aruba has and if they are hidden or out in the open.  

Once I can get my questions answered, then I can contemplate further on the bag in the spillway.

In my year here at Scared Monkeys, I have never before nagged you to death about any issue.

I live near a big dam, the William Mulholland / Hollywood Reservoir dam. It is huge. But I'm a moron when it comes to spillways.

Somebody please help me.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #512 on: June 24, 2006, 09:49:13 PM »

Quote from: "Hotshot"
Quote from: "Hotshot"
What does everyone make of this body that was just found in Aruba?  Does the location fit with a boat, or raft drifting toward the island?

What is the location EASY?  That I didnt get to see.

I'm sure I have the spelling wrong, but it was in the Ariwok(?) area I believe.
If it is Ariwok, or Arikok they are both on the bad side of the island, near natural bridge.  Boats dont go out there, it's too rough, and columbia is totally across the Island to the south/west.  So it's kind of hard to believe she washed up there then.  Just another thing to think about.

That's what I was thinking.  The location doesn't sound right for an accidental death while trying to make it to the island.  Isn't the same area where Pitbull was found?

Yes!!  Only he made it at least into a cave.

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #513 on: June 24, 2006, 09:50:18 PM »

Anyone else find it weird that Dave said he doesn't even know if the condom has been turned in?

Wonder if he meant:

to ALE
to Holland

???

We've heard that an item is being tested in Holland ... could it be:

pipe,
clothing
condom

or .... maybe they just put it in the file drawer.   Laughing
lexie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #514 on: June 24, 2006, 09:50:58 PM »

Thanks for all the hard work getting the forum back up.  Have a question, perhaps Easywriter can address.

Last month, JQK said on Greta that KJ said she was NOT leaving next month, and would be there into next year.  Jossy said in the DP interview that KJ was "still leaving next month" and they had not talked to the man who was replacing her.  

Is this KJ's annual 2 week vacation to Holland? Or is she leaving for good? Did she lie to JQK?  Or to Jossy?   Why?

Thanks.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: June 24, 2006, 09:52:05 PM »

I'll help you out Easy - it is a DRAINAGE INLET, not a spillway:

Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #516 on: June 24, 2006, 09:52:16 PM »

The one we saw when they drained the pond was huge compared to the one the bag is in though.

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #517 on: June 24, 2006, 09:52:21 PM »

May 30 - The ARUBA sky is partly cloudy. Temperature is 84.2 degrees. Dew point is 77 degrees. Humidity is 79%. Wind is out of the east at 13.8 mph. Ground visibility is perfectly clear at 7 miles to horizon.  

Virtual Reality Phase of the Moon
 2005 May  30, 0 hrs   ET
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #518 on: June 24, 2006, 09:52:23 PM »

Quote from: "lexie"
Thanks for all the hard work getting the forum back up.  Have a question, perhaps Easywriter can address.

Last month, JQK said on Greta that KJ said she was NOT leaving next month, and would be there into next year.  Jossy said in the DP interview that KJ was "still leaving next month" and they had not talked to the man who was replacing her.  

Is this KJ's annual 2 week vacation to Holland? Or is she leaving for good? Did she lie to JQK?  Or to Jossy?   Why?

Thanks.

Great question!

I sat there wondering why the hxxx Greta didn't do a follow up question on that.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: June 24, 2006, 09:53:52 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Thank you, Justins, for trying to answer my nagging questions.

Hotshot, if you saw such (if not THE) spillway in Aruba, is that the only spillway in Aruba? Hotshot, did you personally take the pics we are now looking at online?

Are spillways hidden or out in the open?

Sorry for nagging but no one is saying how many spillways Aruba has and if they are hidden or out in the open.  

Once I can get my questions answered, then I can contemplate further on the bag in the spillway.

In my year here at Scared Monkeys, I have never before nagged you to death about any issue.

I live near a big dam, the William Mulholland / Hollywood Reservoir dam. It is huge. But I'm a moron when it comes to spillways.

Somebody please help me.

Louise, this particular Drainage Inlet is out in the open.  Take a look at the satellite photo I've posted:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=3
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.