April 19, 2024, 11:31:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #483 6/29/2006  (Read 184166 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 01:37:26 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "Anna"

Mrs Red,
You may have to order the cookbooks in multiples like ten at a time but seems like there are that many needed.

My sister was entitled to take mine and gave the following explanations:

She entertains and I don't
She hosts family dinners sometimes and I don't
She belongs to a supper club and I don't
I only reared boys and so am only a "meat and potatoes" kind of cook and she enjoys trying new things.

So you see, she had every right to it and I don't.   Rolling Eyes What are sisters for?

She sounds like my sister.  I ordered a new pair of sandles and somehow she walked out with them Shocked   She said I don't wear sandles like her because I'm always in sneakers and she hates sneakers.  How's that for reasoning Laughing

Perhaps I am fortunate that my sisters live far away, travel a great deal but I do remember my sister (the one who modeled and has it all) thinking a blue blouse with spaghetti straps I had, looked much better on her since she is so "naturally tan", than it did on me with my pale skin, how it made me look "washed out," so she felt obligated to take it, so I would feel better about my pasty color.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 01:39:48 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"

She sounds like my sister.  I ordered a new pair of sandles and somehow she walked out with them Shocked   She said I don't wear sandles like her because I'm always in sneakers and she hates sneakers.  How's that for reasoning Laughing

Perhaps I am fortunate that my sisters live far away, travel a great deal but I do remember my sister (the one who modeled and has it all) thinking a blue blouse with spaghetti straps I had, looked much better on her since she is so "naturally tan", than it did on me with my pale skin, how it made me look "washed out," so she felt obligated to take it, so I would feel better about my pasty color.

Laughing  Laughing
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 01:46:04 PM »

Excellent translation of article, but what about so called evidence the so called witness (now labeled as liar) gave.....and I am not talking about the so called used condomn, gag me, that is gross....lol

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 01:48:29 PM »

OK, I am going outside and sit in the shade, read some, enjoy the scenery, watch the birds from the corner of my eye and absorb the moment in time.  It's historical in my life that I come here to meet with loving, giving and caring people, but it is also historical in my life that I savor each moment in the garden that I can.  I can sit in the shade and not have to worry about my husband's lectures about getting too hot, I can watch the birds drink and bathe at the fountain, think of how the land where I lived was once inhabited by plantation owners and the African-Americans who picked cotton here and ponder what their thoughts were on a day like today and what would they have been doing.  Were they singing spiritual songs with a low country flavor or were they awaiting the time off to be with their families and think 200 years from now, if any of my roses will still be here and if so, will those who come here, wonder what the owner of this land must have been doing at this same time of day, long ago when computers were new and consumed a whole corner of the room in order to accommodate monitors, speakers, printers, hard drives, and a big desk to hide the bazilion cords attached thereto.  Will they ponder why air filght was so crude or will they be back in the place where African-Americans once were, tilling the soil.  Will time take us back to place we once were.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2006, 01:55:48 PM »

Great post, TG.

Makes me think of my favorite hymn.  "In the Garden".

Of course, that song always makes me boohoo so I'm going to go commute and boohoo in my car as I hear that song in my head and think of the dew still on the roses.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2006, 02:00:34 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Great post, TG.

Makes me think of my favorite hymn.  "In the Garden".

Of course, that song always makes me boohoo so I'm going to go commute and boohoo in my car as I hear that song in my head and think of the dew still on the roses.

My Grandmas fav too my best friend (an Opera Singer) sang it at her funeral service not a dry eye in the place! Crying or Very sad

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2006, 02:19:24 PM »

I ate too much lunch and now I just want to hide under my desk until quiting time!

Sure Happy It's Thursday!
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2006, 02:20:35 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
I ate too much lunch and now I just want to hide under my desk until quiting time!

My old admin who worked a four day week used to say that all the time!

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2006, 02:27:07 PM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"

My old admin who worked a four day week used to say that all the time!

Well, I will be working tomorrow and I will be working Monday.  The 4th fell on a rotten day this year!  That will make it like two Mondays next week....  Crying or Very sad
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2006, 02:31:41 PM »

[
Well, I will be working tomorrow and I will be working Monday.  The 4th fell on a rotten day this year!  That will make it like two Mondays next week....  Crying or Very sad

Ah, cheer up!  Dogs and cattle want to be fed EVERY day!  But I am thankful that I am not a dairy farmer.  They have to get up at four a.m. so things can always be worse.  Could be better but sure could be worse.

Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2006, 02:34:31 PM »

.  That Tyler is sitting outside pretending it's not 100 degrees!  Rolling Eyes Hope she took a cold beverage.

Off to work again and giving thanks for inventions such as air conditioning!
I can't imagine this particular summer without it.  Or don't want to imagine that!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2006, 02:38:17 PM »

Is everyone leaving now?  I wanted to talk about something that's been bothering me for a week, ever since I heard Jossy on the internet radio show.  Jossy said that the ALE KNOW Natalee was at Joran's apartment.  They KNOW this.  I wonder how they know it.  What evidence do they have?  Has anyone heard?

BRING NATALEE HOME
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2006, 02:39:57 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
Is everyone leaving now?  I wanted to talk about something that's been bothering me for a week, ever since I heard Jossy on the internet radio show.  Jossy said that the ALE KNOW Natalee was at Joran's apartment.  They KNOW this.  I wonder how they know it.  What evidence do they have?  Has anyone heard?

that is a very good question!

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"

that is a very good question!

Well, Mermaid, I guess we are full of questions with no answers, huh?

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2006, 02:42:37 PM »

EASYWRITER:
When you talk to your friend in Aruba, could you ask how the police KNOW that Natalee was at Joran's apartment?  Would you ask if he knows what evidence they have and if he can tell us what it is?
Thanks

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2006, 02:43:24 PM »

I guess I'll go sit in the garden, like Tyler.  See ya later, Monks.  It's nappy time.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2006, 02:47:38 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Yeeeeah, my first time for being first....  I'm heading to lunch now.... see ya'll in a while.

You cheated you said you we leaving Laughing

Cheater, cheater, booger eater.

I may eat boogers, but I SWEAR I DON'T cheat!  Laughing

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2006, 02:52:15 PM »

Just a few thoughts that have crossed my mind since yesterday afternoon:

Yesterday as soon as I learned the Columbian witness had admitted he had not been telling the truth, I shared that information with the rest of you.  I was just as frustrated by this turn of events as anyone else and you can believe my source was as well.  The whole story just became another spoke in this never ending wheel Aruba inaptly named a legal system. The whole episode has probably turned out to be another complete waste of time and I am sure only caused that much more anguish for Natalee’s family.

Being fully aware of the impact this story has probably had on the whole investigation, I must ask if it would be better not to follow every possible lead.  Would it be better not to seek out information from those that know the island of Aruba very well, because of the risk that a story might not pan out?  Or, is it better to leave no stone unturned and avail one’s self to any credible source willing to share information?

I’m not sure anymore, because of the reaction to the news yesterday, both here and at other forums.  Maybe it would be best to just wait for Fox to create some “Breaking News” in this case, while I keep what I learn to myself.

Any comments?
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2006, 02:54:12 PM »

AZ....I always felt that Anita's ability to describe N's underwear indicated that she had seen them...even though she was in Holland at the time of the disappearance....I think she was part of the "clean up" team....this is JMHO

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2006, 02:59:24 PM »

We haven't discussed that at all, have we? and I did hear that...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.