May 01, 2024, 04:01:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #483 6/29/2006  (Read 185818 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2006, 02:59:46 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Just a few thoughts that have crossed my mind since yesterday afternoon:

Yesterday as soon as I learned the Columbian witness had admitted he had not been telling the truth, I shared that information with the rest of you.  I was just as frustrated by this turn of events as anyone else and you can believe my source was as well.  The whole story just became another spoke in this never ending wheel Aruba inaptly named a legal system. The whole episode has probably turned out to be another complete waste of time and I am sure only caused that much more anguish for Natalee’s family.

Being fully aware of the impact this story has probably had on the whole investigation, I must ask if it would be better not to follow every possible lead.  Would it be better not to seek out information from those that know the island of Aruba very well, because of the risk that a story might not pan out?  Or, is it better to leave no stone unturned and avail one’s self to any credible source willing to share information?

I’m not sure anymore, because of the reaction to the news yesterday, both here and at other forums.  Maybe it would be best to just wait for Fox to create some “Breaking News” in this case, while I keep what I learn to myself.

Any comments?

Like I said yesterday, the last thing I want to do is question your source's veracity or well-intentions. What we don't know is the veracity and intentions of your "source's" source! I just don't trust ANY inside info coming from there anymore.
That said, I still want to hear EVERY rumor that is being floated or postulated from there.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2006, 03:01:31 PM »

Yesterday as soon as I learned the Columbian witness had admitted he had not been telling the truth, I shared that information with the rest of you.  I was just as frustrated by this turn of events as anyone else and you can believe my source was as well.  The whole story just became another spoke in this never ending wheel Aruba inaptly named a legal system. The whole episode has probably turned out to be another complete waste of time and I am sure only caused that much more anguish for Natalee’s family.

Being fully aware of the impact this story has probably had on the whole investigation, I must ask if it would be better not to follow every possible lead.  Would it be better not to seek out information from those that know the island of Aruba very well, because of the risk that a story might not pan out?  Or, is it better to leave no stone unturned and avail one’s self to any credible source willing to share information?

I’m not sure anymore, because of the reaction to the news yesterday, both here and at other forums.  Maybe it would be best to just wait for Fox to create some “Breaking News” in this case, while I keep what I learn to myself.

Any comments?

as long as like your friend, they are credible.... I believe they are saying the witness lied... and I believe the witness may not be... make sense??

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2006, 03:02:33 PM »

Easy....I don't know the answer....but, if we only looked at or discussed solid information, there would be little to discuss.  I don't think that the witness lying is particularly disappointing....we can cut him loose....we have all learned a lot about Aruba....your associate seems to be honest....let's keep going....Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2006, 03:04:34 PM »

Easy ~ I appreciate so very much when you share your information with us ~ be it discouraging, hopeful, whatever it is.....it's better than hearing nothing  Confused

These days, I have come to rely on your info *for* any info .... probably makes no sense.  oh well.  Thanks.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2006, 03:05:17 PM »

FM, did you order that CD we talked about the other day?  
I got mine.  It's fabulous.  Both CDs.  "Schoolhouse Rock Medley" really does rock.

I hope SSD got hers but I haven't seen her here to ask.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2006, 03:05:27 PM »

PLUS -- we have not heard exactly what he was lying about.

There may be some truth -- JQK said the metal pipe was found.

I agree with Mrs Red -- if the source is reliable, it's better to know what is being said. But that's MO.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2006, 03:06:36 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
I got mine.  It's fabulous.  Both CDs.  "Schoolhouse Rock Medley" really does rock.

OMG........

Does it have I'm just a Bill?  Sittin here on capital hill????? Laughing

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2006, 03:07:46 PM »

sharon, could you re-post that link to the forum about the NY lawyers  again please.  I was  too busy at work to read it and now I'm home so I can.  TY

Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2006, 03:08:58 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

OMG........

Does it have I'm just a Bill?  Sittin here on capital hill????? Laughing

YES!  
www.maxquartet.com
Part of the proceeds go to St. Jude's in Memphis.  I think SSD follows a child who is being treated there.

Expect a miracle.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2006, 03:10:33 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Quote from: "San"
Yeeeeah, my first time for being first....  I'm heading to lunch now.... see ya'll in a while.

You cheated you said you we leaving Laughing

Cheater, cheater, booger eater.

I may eat boogers, but I SWEAR I DON'T cheat!  Laughing

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2006, 03:11:36 PM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"
Quote from: "San"
Yeeeeah, my first time for being first....  I'm heading to lunch now.... see ya'll in a while.

You cheated you said you we leaving Laughing

Cheater, cheater, booger eater.

I may eat boogers, but I SWEAR I DON'T cheat!  Laughing

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

I was just kidding, Dihannah!

Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2006, 03:14:55 PM »

Any comments?

To me, anything that keeps people interrested in the case, even if it doesn't pan out is a good thing.  The reason is, it keeps it in the news.  As long as the case is in the news there is still hope, IMO.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2006, 03:18:20 PM »

Easy, I have to say I agree with the others.  We need to hear what is going on - whether it helps the case or not, whether it turns out something or not.  Who knows when the real break will come.  I have faith that it will.... I just hate the waiting....

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2006, 03:28:05 PM »

sharon, could you re-post that link to the forum about the NY lawyers  again please.  I was  too busy at work to read it and now I'm home so I can.  TY

Here you go , Peaches. This was a comment posted on Michelle's blog http://arubanboycott.blogspot.com/.

Anonymous said...
The New York City Bar Association don't support the Forum Non Conveniens. Here is the link, http://www.abcny.org/Publications/reports/index.php?type=subject
Tue May 16, 08:10:39 AM EDT

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2006, 03:32:12 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Any comments?

To me, anything that keeps people interrested in the case, even if it doesn't pan out is a good thing.  The reason is, it keeps it in the news.  As long as the case is in the news there is still hope, IMO.

Not only that Klass, but the real main erason we visit boards like this is to have access to info not yet available to the general public.  There have been quite a few ocassions where news has been broken here first...far in advance of the MSM.  If we wanted to wait until a "Fox News Alert", we'd do so in front of a TV...not a computer screen.  Besides...hasn't the MSM been inaccurate with their reporting as well?  I think info otained and released in here is more authentic and accurate then what's reported out there...dig?
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2006, 03:32:59 PM »

hi Bobo2, Jacqueline, Kimmy53, MeMere, mrs. red, San, sharon, thik, thirdstrike, wreck and everyone else..  Sorry sharon, I wasn't ignoring you, I'm trying to do a few things at the same time and I'm afraid that I will mess up and send my post to my boss and my email to you..  

Easy, you need to keep the communications open, we can deal with the rumors and stuff.. Its being in limbo and silence that will kill us, we can work around the other stuff..

Sharon, I was very happy to watch the Heat when and I wish I could of been at the game and felt the excitement in Miami.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2006, 03:34:18 PM »

Quote from: "terryd270"
hi Bobo2, Jacqueline, Kimmy53, MeMere, mrs. red, San, sharon, thik, thirdstrike, wreck and everyone else..  Sorry sharon, I wasn't ignoring you, I'm trying to do a few things at the same time and I'm afraid that I will mess up and send my post to my boss and my email to you..  

Easy, you need to keep the communications open, we can deal with the rumors and stuff.. Its being in limbo and silence that will kill us, we can work around the other stuff..

Sharon, I was very happy to watch the Heat when and I wish I could of been at the game and felt the excitement in Miami.

Hey Terry!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2006, 03:35:03 PM »

Thirdstrike - exactly.  How many times have we watched MSM in amazement at their lack of knowledge in the case.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2006, 03:38:46 PM »

I just took a look at that “other” message board and some of those people actually think Beth Twitty spends her leisure time reading their posts.  Kind of reminds me of that public service announcement with the egg in a frying pan.  Whduhhellaredeezcrackheadson…
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2006, 03:38:47 PM »

Hi Jacqueline!  I know I'm going to mess up soon and start sending out code to you guys and then you will know I'm crazy..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.