May 01, 2024, 12:00:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #483 6/29/2006  (Read 185780 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #660 on: June 30, 2006, 12:08:30 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Our courts seem to have been screwing up all week.
One judged has ruled that pedophiles can live in and hang around areas where young children play and that it would be unconstitutional if they could not.

Another group decide military tribunals violate the rights of Bin Laden's right hand man and other violent animals who want to destroy America and her future.

This judge decides to throw out the Couey confession.

I am beginning to think al Quaeda might be an arm of our judiciary system, bent on taking this country down.

Many men and women fought and died to make this country a kinder, gentler place to live and now the judges have the power to make it as barbaric as what we see in Eurasia.

Can I get a big AMEN??

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #661 on: June 30, 2006, 12:08:51 PM »

Well my downloads are done, just wanted to see whats happening.. Everyone have a good weekend and try to relax and enjoy some cold water mellon and have a fun long weekend..
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #662 on: June 30, 2006, 12:11:20 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
I'm supposed to be working right now but needed to say this about John Couey.  Please pardon my language.

I was a member of the "Jessica Lunsford Team Forum".  We prayed that little girl would be found alive.  When she was found, we grieved along with the family.  We never realized that anything could be worse until we found out he had burried that precious child alive.

Mark Lunsford and his entire familly were dragged through the dirt, much like the Refugees are doing to the Holloway/Twitty family right now.  

The death sentance is not good enough for that piece of shit scum bag John Couey.  If anyone should die a slow and torturous death it's him.  May he rott in hell.

APPLAUDING!!  and if y'all saw the movie Capote, you will understand this... Hanging should have never been outlawed, it should have stayed for this kind of the lowest life scum to every scouge the earth...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #663 on: June 30, 2006, 12:12:43 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

that's anohter reason for me to go and buy "A Time To Kill" this weekend and watch it ..... because IMO this would be it....

Try Charles Bronson -- Death Wish

Nobody does it better......

( Embarassed sorry -- I'm in the same mood as y'all.)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #664 on: June 30, 2006, 12:14:52 PM »

I'm supposed to be working right now but needed to say this about John Couey.  Please pardon my language.

I was a member of the "Jessica Lunsford Team Forum".  We prayed that little girl would be found alive.  When she was found, we grieved along with the family.  We never realized that anything could be worse until we found out he had burried that precious child alive.

Mark Lunsford and his entire familly were dragged through the dirt, much like the Refugees are doing to the Holloway/Twitty family right now.  

The death sentance is not good enough for that piece of shit scum bag John Couey.  If anyone should die a slow and torturous death it's him.  May he rott in hell.

APPLAUDING!!  and if y'all saw the movie Capote, you will understand this... Hanging should have never been outlawed, it should have stayed for this kind of the lowest life scum to every scouge the earth...

i started watching that movie but just couldnt get passed that annoying voice and had to turn it off.  I wish they would have toned it down just a little for the movie cuz i really wanted to watch it.
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #665 on: June 30, 2006, 12:15:16 PM »

It is horrible that Couey's confession has been thrown out, but it is the law that at any time during a police interogation, if the perp asks for an attorney the questioning is to stop immediately.  This was the fault of the investigators and no one else!  What would even have been worse, is if this judge had not followed the law, allowed the confession to remain, and then have Couey's conviction over turned on appeals for this fact!  Think about it!
The confession would of almost guaranteed the death penalty, and the investigators' should of been so very careful about how they were going about it.  I'm almost positive there will still be a conviction, it just won't be a slam dunk.

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #666 on: June 30, 2006, 12:15:49 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "Anna"
San,
Just ignore me--I am in my Blame KJ Mode that I cycle through about once a week.   Evil or Very Mad I want to call her names but Klaas will just edit them out.   Evil or Very Mad I wonder if she attended the around the pool meeting to explain no body/no crime or if she and Paulus just sorted that all out at the courthouse or by phone.   Evil or Very Mad She seems to be lying to JQK a great deal.  Telling him she is not leaving at the end of the year when Jossy says her replacement is already on the island.   Evil or Very Mad

Guess you get my drift--she is at the Top on My List Today for whatever reasons.. . . . . . .

Wink

Anna, I can't stand KJ as much as you.  I too believe she is lying to JQK about leaving.  What is happening here is all in the script.  It's like a horror movie.

I have been trying so hard to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I realize that it is somewhat prejudice on my part. But a female prosecutor -- I just wanted to believe that she was 'doing the right thing'.

I've given up on her.

I hope she either proves me wrong -- or burns in hell.

I think it's time for me to walk away from the keyboard........

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #667 on: June 30, 2006, 12:16:22 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Our courts seem to have been screwing up all week.
One judged has ruled that pedophiles can live in and hang around areas where young children play and that it would be unconstitutional if they could not.

Another group decide military tribunals violate the rights of Bin Laden's right hand man and other violent animals who want to destroy America and her future.

This judge decides to throw out the Couey confession.

I am beginning to think al Quaeda might be an arm of our judiciary system, bent on taking this country down.

Many men and women fought and died to make this country a kinder, gentler place to live and now the judges have the power to make it as barbaric as what we see in Eurasia.

Tyler,

It all goes back to a saying that I have as to why Judges and politicians do not take the protection of children seriously.

CHILDREN DON'T VOTE.

What part about these predators are a danger to society even after they get out of jail? Why would a pedophile feel the need to be near a park or a school bus stop? Gee, I wonder why?

How about the law read that even after these subhumans are out of jail, part of their life-time sentence/probation is they can't go near places where children obviously congregate?

Guess that would make too much sense.

Instead the answer is to let them roam around until the attack another child, then let them out again and only really punish them when they in fact kill a child.

Oh this makes sense. But those politicians will certainly pander to the illegal aliens for their vote won't they?
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #668 on: June 30, 2006, 12:18:55 PM »

Well it is the Fourth of July weekend coming and I guess this is on topic..
Although politics has historically been considered an honorable profession, many people today, have a poor opinion of politicians as a class. They are sometimes seen as unscrupulous, willing to say anything to get elected even if it is not in keeping with their principles or intentions. They may also be suspected of using government assets or privileges for their own interests, rather than the interests of the people. Indeed, incidents of political corruption are not uncommon.  I think a lot of the problems are with our current lobbying laws, mainly because of a large number of soft money donations to politicians.  

I said this once before that judges should be seated by what crime has affected them in their life.. A person sitting on the bench to hear pedofiles should know the pain what a pedofile has done and that will give that judge compassion for the victim and not the pedofile..

I know too simple but then again, I want to go back to the old west..
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #669 on: June 30, 2006, 12:21:47 PM »

Quote from: "terryd270"
Well it is the Fourth of July weekend coming and I guess this is on topic..
Although politics has historically been considered an honorable profession, many people today, have a poor opinion of politicians as a class. They are sometimes seen as unscrupulous, willing to say anything to get elected even if it is not in keeping with their principles or intentions. They may also be suspected of using government assets or privileges for their own interests, rather than the interests of the people. Indeed, incidents of political corruption are not uncommon. I think a lot of the problems are with our current lobbying laws, mainly because of a large number of soft money donations to politicians.  

I said this once before that judges should be seated by what crime has affected them in their life.. A person sitting on the bench to hear pedofiles should know the pain what a pedofile has done and that will give that judge compassion for the victim and not the pedofile..

I know too simple but then again, I want to go back to the old west..

Agreed but I think it's because we don't have term limits... hell they all get in there for life...(helms, byrd, kennedy, etc) and lose all touch with reality ....

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: June 30, 2006, 12:21:51 PM »

Quote from: "Katysmom"
It is horrible that Couey's confession has been thrown out, but it is the law that at any time during a police interogation, if the perp asks for an attorney the questioning is to stop immediately.  This was the fault of the investigators and no one else!  What would even have been worse, is if this judge had not followed the law, allowed the confession to remain, and then have Couey's conviction over turned on appeals for this fact!  Think about it!
The confession would of almost guaranteed the death penalty, and the investigators' should of been so very careful about how they were going about it.  I'm almost positive there will still be a conviction, it just won't be a slam dunk.

Katz - the fact that his confession has been thrown out doesn't really bother me that much, it won't make any difference IMO he will still be convicted.  Just seeing his face on TV sets me off and reminds me of all the crap Mark Lunsford and his family endured prior to her being found.  

I knew at the time that the confession would most likely be thrown out. They have plenty of evidence and if a jury doesn't convict him then I will give up all hope with humanity.
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #671 on: June 30, 2006, 12:24:34 PM »

MrsRed,

Exactly, "Career Politicians." A politician who makes politics the source of their income, yet has to face re-election every few years is less likely to make bold decisions or side with an unpopular bill. This fear of "rocking the boat" leads to a stagnant political climate, in which it becomes hard to address injustices and create change.  The problem is most of us here have very logical minds and moral character but I'm not sure anymore that is the majority view..
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #672 on: June 30, 2006, 12:25:08 PM »

Blah... the movie is soooo good... I remember watching Truman Capote on the TOnight Show with Carson... and we had a discussion here before about what case was the first you started to follow in this matter... wanting to see justice?  Remember TC was the first author to ever do a non-fiction book on a murder.... and IN COLD BLOOD really, really changed things.... I read it in high school... and it really freaked me out.... but it was the first case I read and got interested in... and it happened before I was even born....

so try and watch it... it's very, enlightening IMO

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #673 on: June 30, 2006, 12:26:12 PM »

I am reading an commenting ...

I just saw SUNNY ... hey there!!

Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #674 on: June 30, 2006, 12:27:16 PM »

Quote from: "Katysmom"

Katz - the fact that his confession has been thrown out doesn't really bother me that much, it won't make any difference IMO he will still be convicted.  Just seeing his face on TV sets me off and reminds me of all the crap Mark Lunsford and his family endured prior to her being found.  

I knew at the time that the confession would most likely be thrown out. They have plenty of evidence and if a jury doesn't convict him then I will give up all hope with humanity.

I agree with you completely.  If a jury doesn't convict him, you can bet that Mark will see to it that he is punished.  I know I would.  I have sat through many murder trials and have always found it amazing at how most families have the dignity to sit through something like this, without pulling out a gun and blowing off the head of the perp.  It is heart wrenching to see a mother sitting in the same room as the man that killed her son/daughter.  I just can't comprehend the amount of pain.

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
thik
Scared Monkey

« Reply #675 on: June 30, 2006, 12:30:41 PM »

Blah... the movie is soooo good... I remember watching Truman Capote on the TOnight Show with Carson... and we had a discussion here before about what case was the first you started to follow in this matter... wanting to see justice?  Remember TC was the first author to ever do a non-fiction book on a murder.... and IN COLD BLOOD really, really changed things.... I read it in high school... and it really freaked me out.... but it was the first case I read and got interested in... and it happened before I was even born....

In Cold Blood.... was awsesome in its time...
defintely Robert Blakes' only good work....

beside the'' Lil Rascals'' Cool
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: June 30, 2006, 12:32:04 PM »

How stupid that they did not provide Gooey Couey with an attorney!  
So his confession is thrown out and there is likely enough evidence without it to convict him.  So he goes to jail.  Will he be in with the general population?  Prolly, this is Florida, tough state.

So if his confession had stayed in, would he have received the death sentence?  Maybe so.  Nice lethal injection??  OK, what's going to happen to him in the general population?  See pedophile priest who was killed in under a year.  See same for Jeffery Dahlmer.  See same for lots and lots of these predators.  And it is certainly NOT by any relatively painless lethal injection.   Evil or Very Mad

They just don't usually last too long in there.  Pity, isn't it???   Cool
There is not a doubt in my mind that this man is going to pay and in this lifetime.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #677 on: June 30, 2006, 12:32:21 PM »

Quote from: "thik"

In Cold Blood.... was awsesome in its time...
defintely Robert Blakes' only good work....

beside the'' Lil Rascals'' Cool

The book made me sleep with the lights on for months....  Shocked (well I was in high school)  never saw the movie.... too freaked out from the book...

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #678 on: June 30, 2006, 12:35:03 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
How stupid that they did not provide Gooey Couey with an attorney!  
So his confession is thrown out and there is likely enough evidence without it to convict him.  So he goes to jail.  Will he be in with the general population?  Prolly, this is Florida, tough state.

So if his confession had stayed in, would he have received the death sentence?  Maybe so.  Nice lethal injection??  OK, what's going to happen to him in the general population?  See pedophile priest who was killed in under a year.  See same for Jeffery Dahlmer.  See same for lots and lots of these predators.  And it is certainly NOT by any relatively painless lethal injection.   Evil or Very Mad

They just don't usually last too long in there.  Pity, isn't it???   Cool
There is not a doubt in my mind that this man is going to pay and in this lifetime.

GOOD... I think he is beyond Dante's Seventh Level of Hell....

terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #679 on: June 30, 2006, 12:36:44 PM »

Well its late and I have a important date.. I putting on my Black Nikes, castrated myself, drink some Booze, and I'm waiting to catch the next Comet to the Next Level.  

Seriously, I want to think things are going to get better but sometimes the news is forcing me to reconsider and re-evaluate practically every thought, every action, and every institution formerly taken for granted.  I really do need to go and get ready for the weekend..  

Sharon, I asked if you knew Shirley Tootle, she is a friend of mine and I have some neat storied to tell of IRS Special agents.  I'm assuming your a CPA and Shirely was in charged of the Miami IRS office.. She went on a audit once and it was in Sweetwater and she was having coffee with the wife of the family that she was to audit.. She told me there were chickens running around and it got her out of the office.. Well the husband comes home and see's his wife talking to my friend and goes up stairs and they hear a shot.. The wife wanted my friend to go up there and she say no way and called the police and got the heck outta there.. She stopped doing field audits..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.