May 01, 2024, 03:51:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #483 6/29/2006  (Read 185817 times)
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #680 on: June 30, 2006, 12:36:51 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "KatzHome"
Quote from: "mrs. red"
OT- Judge tossed the Couey confession.  Don't get me started.  I didn't get enough sleep and I'm kinda cranky.  Go ahead and let that animal out.  Someone will get him and it won't be soon enough.

I freaking hope so..... these judges are useless to society IMO

Bill O'Reilly is going to go ballistic over this as  well he should.  I'm livid.  And I bet I'm not the only one.

The only thing I can say is that on some interview I heard that they have enough evidence that his confession isn't necessary...

I hope this guy gets the death penalty.

The death penalty will still give this scumbag 10-15 more years of life than he gave Jessica.  They need to speed up the appeals process to reduce the time elapsed between sentencing and execution.  Put in the fast lane and reserve it for pieces of crap like Couey.  

I bet he won't last long in the pokey.  I heard they hate child molesters.

I used to not believe in the death penalty at all ~ because I wanted for each person to have the full amount of time on earth alloted them by God  to come to Him and seek His Mercy.

Watching Scott Peterson in the News, I truly believe that it just might take knowing that his death was imminent before he ever reached that point of seeking God's Mercy. And that is why I wanted the death penalty for him.

And then I read about the guy who raped and murdered Dru Sojourne (sp?) ~ how he was released from prison after serving a 20 year sentence for rape and ATTEMPTED murder...  Released even though his psych evaluation showed that it was highly likely that he would do it again...  and the first time was only attempted because the first woman managed to get away...

And I came to thinking that the death penalty for some is a Mercy to Society.

And I no longer think that the death penalty should be reserved for murderers only.

I figure these people have a good 10 - 15 years, plus the shocking realization of knowing they are going to be put to death, to prepare to meet their Maker ~ that should be plenty of time for them to seek His Mercy...  and if not ~ I've also read, from Sister Faustina's writings, that Jesus gives all people 4 chances when they meet Him face to face, to accept Him, to seek His forgiveness and His Divine Mercy.

And I try to say the Divine Mercy Chaplet daily ~ I usually manage only to say it driving home from work though...  This prayer helps souls to have the courage, wisdom, and humility to accept this gracious offer of Jesus.

I want His Mercy ~ so I try to help obtain it for others...

And I'm Catholic ~ I do fully expect these guys to have a very long, miserable, Purgatory....   Wink

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
thik
Scared Monkey

« Reply #681 on: June 30, 2006, 12:39:02 PM »

Quote from: "thik"
Blah... the movie is soooo good... I remember watching Truman Capote on the TOnight Show with Carson... and we had a discussion here before about what case was the first you started to follow in this matter... wanting to see justice?  Remember TC was the first author to ever do a non-fiction book on a murder.... and IN COLD BLOOD really, really changed things.... I read it in high school... and it really freaked me out.... but it was the first case I read and got interested in... and it happened before I was even born....

so try and watch it... it's very, enlightening IMO

In Cold Blood.... was awsesome in its time...
defintely Robert Blakes' only good work....

beside the'' Lil Rascals'' Cool

The book made me sleep with the lights on for months....  Shocked (well I was in high school)  never saw the movie.... too freaked out from the book...

I didn't know 'lil Rascals'' was ever in 'book form'............. Laughing
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #682 on: June 30, 2006, 12:42:42 PM »

thik...you are a bad, bad man! Laughing  Laughing

where is my sistah???

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #683 on: June 30, 2006, 12:51:19 PM »

Blah... the movie is soooo good... I remember watching Truman Capote on the TOnight Show with Carson... and we had a discussion here before about what case was the first you started to follow in this matter... wanting to see justice?  Remember TC was the first author to ever do a non-fiction book on a murder.... and IN COLD BLOOD really, really changed things.... I read it in high school... and it really freaked me out.... but it was the first case I read and got interested in... and it happened before I was even born....

I’ll never forget that scene when Blake is sitting next to the window and the drops of rain are running down the pane of glass distorting the image.  Eerie and a classic!
thik
Scared Monkey

« Reply #684 on: June 30, 2006, 12:55:52 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

I’ll never forget that scene when Blake is sitting next to the window and the drops of rain are running down the pane of glass distorting the image.  Eerie and a classic!

yeah, or the jail scene when he asks if he will' mess' himself when he hangs...
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #685 on: June 30, 2006, 01:02:39 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Red, more the reason why GWB should have dumped all those WJC judges that he did not.

my god, is there ANYTHING that the Bush haters will not blame on him?

So now its Bush's fault that the judge overturned this confession?

unbelieveable.

Lord, I am not a Bush hater.  Quite the contrary.  I am sayig GW should have dumped the Clinton judges long ago.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #686 on: June 30, 2006, 01:03:11 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
I'm supposed to be working right now but needed to say this about John Couey.  Please pardon my language.

I was a member of the "Jessica Lunsford Team Forum".  We prayed that little girl would be found alive.  When she was found, we grieved along with the family.  We never realized that anything could be worse until we found out he had burried that precious child alive.

Mark Lunsford and his entire familly were dragged through the dirt, much like the Refugees are doing to the Holloway/Twitty family right now.  

The death sentance is not good enough for that piece of shit scum bag John Couey.  If anyone should die a slow and torturous death it's him.  May he rott in hell.

{{{hugs}}} Klaas....

I've read, that when our pain and suffering is too much for us to bear ~ that Jesus will stand ~ and take our pain unto Himself.

Operah had a show where women who were almost murdered, but managed to live through it ~ were on and talked about the experience.  All of them said that they felt no pain ~ that they felt nothing ~ no panic, no fear, no pain ~ that, at the most, it was like they were outside of themselves, peacefully viewing what was being done ~ but not able to feel it ~ nor really experience it.

I truly believe that Jesus takes the pain, horror, and suffering that we can't bear away from us ~ that God does this for all of His people ~ whether or not they believe in Him or even know him...

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: June 30, 2006, 01:05:23 PM »

Red, more the reason why GWB should have dumped all those WJC judges that he did not.

unbelieveable.

Lord, I am not a Bush hater.  Quite the contrary.  I am sayig GW should have dumped the Clinton judges long ago.

Along with Tenet, Clinton's Man in D.C. Headquarters who said Slam Dunk!!

Yeppers, Bush has been far, far too nice to some of these in office for far too long.   Wink

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #688 on: June 30, 2006, 01:06:46 PM »

Quote from: "Red"
Our courts seem to have been screwing up all week.
One judged has ruled that pedophiles can live in and hang around areas where young children play and that it would be unconstitutional if they could not.

Another group decide military tribunals violate the rights of Bin Laden's right hand man and other violent animals who want to destroy America and her future.

This judge decides to throw out the Couey confession.

I am beginning to think al Quaeda might be an arm of our judiciary system, bent on taking this country down.

Many men and women fought and died to make this country a kinder, gentler place to live and now the judges have the power to make it as barbaric as what we see in Eurasia.

Tyler,

It all goes back to a saying that I have as to why Judges and politicians do not take the protection of children seriously.

CHILDREN DON'T VOTE.

What part about these predators are a danger to society even after they get out of jail? Why would a pedophile feel the need to be near a park or a school bus stop? Gee, I wonder why?

How about the law read that even after these subhumans are out of jail, part of their life-time sentence/probation is they can't go near places where children obviously congregate?

Guess that would make too much sense.

Instead the answer is to let them roam around until the attack another child, then let them out again and only really punish them when they in fact kill a child.

Oh this makes sense. But those politicians will certainly pander to the illegal aliens for their vote won't they?

They don't give women much thought either, Red ~

Guys like the one who raped, tortured, and murdered Dru come to mind.

Why was he ever let out of prison?

Why do these guy have to murder someone before they're given the death penalty?

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #689 on: June 30, 2006, 01:07:30 PM »

unbelieveable.

sorry if i misinterpreted what you meant.  I was listening to some jagoffs talking about something (you guessed it - bunch of libs) at work not long before reading this and i was already torqued up.
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #690 on: June 30, 2006, 01:09:09 PM »

Quote from: "Katysmom"
It is horrible that Couey's confession has been thrown out, but it is the law that at any time during a police interogation, if the perp asks for an attorney the questioning is to stop immediately.  This was the fault of the investigators and no one else!  What would even have been worse, is if this judge had not followed the law, allowed the confession to remain, and then have Couey's conviction over turned on appeals for this fact!  Think about it!
The confession would of almost guaranteed the death penalty, and the investigators' should of been so very careful about how they were going about it.  I'm almost positive there will still be a conviction, it just won't be a slam dunk.

Katz - the fact that his confession has been thrown out doesn't really bother me that much, it won't make any difference IMO he will still be convicted.  Just seeing his face on TV sets me off and reminds me of all the crap Mark Lunsford and his family endured prior to her being found.  

I knew at the time that the confession would most likely be thrown out. They have plenty of evidence and if a jury doesn't convict him then I will give up all hope with humanity.

And I still hold out hope that the jury will give him the death penalty even without his confession ~ I think that his conviction will be a slam-dunk.

thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #691 on: June 30, 2006, 01:09:22 PM »

Hey everyone!  Hope all is well...

What we talking about?
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #692 on: June 30, 2006, 01:10:48 PM »

Hi Everyone-

Klaas you win our bet, I had to post today but I think you'll smile over this one.

This is very important for me today, and so close to my heart, so I post this with great gratitude and hope. So many of you have made this journey so much easier for us, and helped to sustain our spirits.

My hubby hit rock bottom last weekend, I feared he might not make it. Today he completed his 50th radiation treatment in 32 days, and he's still standing, even better he appears to be rebounding strongly. This is the FIRST time since this saga began that we have had any good news, any at all. His hemoglobin is great, his BP and his red and white cell counts very good, and he GAINED one pound!!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

He has a ways to go but his oncologist told him he is "remarkable" and "surprising everyone". I have repeated those words about 50 times since noon today, I can't say them out loud enough.

So yes there is power in prayer, he is living proof and some of you have prayed so hard I know you were neglecting other things in your day to do so. I can never thank you enough, never.

Please keep us in your prayers, today I truly can say that word miracle with a stronger voice than I could before. Thank you so much for that.

Please pray hard for Peaches too for she's been great support for us, even when I knew even hearing our negative news could be difficult for her.

All of you are in our prayers and we pray for each and every hurt or afflicted or challenged monkey or family member here, or in your hearts. We pray for Natalee and her family, for they made this community come together, and deserve great peace and justice in their lives.

It is wonderful to keep the faith and then to be blessed with reward from that. It is a joyful day.

I continue to stand with the girl.
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #693 on: June 30, 2006, 01:11:02 PM »

It is horrible that Couey's confession has been thrown out, but it is the law that at any time during a police interogation, if the perp asks for an attorney the questioning is to stop immediately.  This was the fault of the investigators and no one else!  What would even have been worse, is if this judge had not followed the law, allowed the confession to remain, and then have Couey's conviction over turned on appeals for this fact!  Think about it!
The confession would of almost guaranteed the death penalty, and the investigators' should of been so very careful about how they were going about it.  I'm almost positive there will still be a conviction, it just won't be a slam dunk.

Katz - the fact that his confession has been thrown out doesn't really bother me that much, it won't make any difference IMO he will still be convicted.  Just seeing his face on TV sets me off and reminds me of all the crap Mark Lunsford and his family endured prior to her being found.  

I knew at the time that the confession would most likely be thrown out. They have plenty of evidence and if a jury doesn't convict him then I will give up all hope with humanity.

And I still hold out hope that the jury will give him the death penalty even without his confession ~ I think that his conviction will be a slam-dunk.

I agree Katz!  Even without the confession, this dude will fry...period!  It's a no brainer...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: June 30, 2006, 01:13:57 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Hi Everyone-

Klaas you win our bet, I had to post today but I think you'll smile over this one.

This is very important for me today, and so close to my heart, so I post this with great gratitude and hope. So many of you have made this journey so much easier for us, and helped to sustain our spirits.

My hubby hit rock bottom last weekend, I feared he might not make it. Today he completed his 50th radiation treatment in 32 days, and he's still standing, even better he appears to be rebounding strongly. This is the FIRST time since this saga began that we have had any good news, any at all. His hemoglobin is great, his BP and his red and white cell counts very good, and he GAINED one pound!!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

He has a ways to go but his oncologist told him he is "remarkable" and "surprising everyone". I have repeated those words about 50 times since noon today, I can't say them out loud enough.

So yes there is power in prayer, he is living proof and some of you have prayed so hard I know you were neglecting other things in your day to do so. I can never thank you enough, never.

Please keep us in your prayers, today I truly can say that word miracle with a stronger voice than I could before. Thank you so much for that.

Please pray hard for Peaches too for she's been great support for us, even when I knew even hearing our negative news could be difficult for her.

All of you are in our prayers and we pray for each and every hurt or afflicted or challenged monkey or family member here, or in your hearts. We pray for Natalee and her family, for they made this community come together, and deserve great peace and justice in their lives.

It is wonderful to keep the faith and then to be blessed with reward from that. It is a joyful day.

GREAT NEWS!!!

I told you he would surprise them all!!  Nobody ever listens to me!!  Wink  Laughing
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #695 on: June 30, 2006, 01:14:06 PM »

I'm glad to hear that news, None ~ but I still will remember him at Mass today.  {{{hugs}}}  and love!

Okies ~ I have to hit the bathtub and get dressed ~ it's about a quarter after 10 here...  See you Monkeys later!

KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #696 on: June 30, 2006, 01:15:20 PM »

Quote from: "thirdstrike"

I agree Katz!  Even without the confession, this dude will fry...period!  It's a no brainer...

Laughing I was just about to say Hi, Strike ~ and tell you that we're talking about Couey ~ and there you are ~ you jumped right in!

Okies ~ I really have to get running!

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #697 on: June 30, 2006, 01:17:47 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Hi Everyone-

This calls for a 'Praise the Lord'....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #698 on: June 30, 2006, 01:18:25 PM »

Quote from: "terryd270"
Well it is the Fourth of July weekend coming and I guess this is on topic..
Although politics has historically been considered an honorable profession, many people today, have a poor opinion of politicians as a class. They are sometimes seen as unscrupulous, willing to say anything to get elected even if it is not in keeping with their principles or intentions. They may also be suspected of using government assets or privileges for their own interests, rather than the interests of the people. Indeed, incidents of political corruption are not uncommon. I think a lot of the problems are with our current lobbying laws, mainly because of a large number of soft money donations to politicians.  

I said this once before that judges should be seated by what crime has affected them in their life.. A person sitting on the bench to hear pedofiles should know the pain what a pedofile has done and that will give that judge compassion for the victim and not the pedofile..

I know too simple but then again, I want to go back to the old west..

Agreed but I think it's because we don't have term limits... hell they all get in there for life...(helms, byrd, kennedy, etc) and lose all touch with reality ....

Term limits would fix them.  If they had to go back and get a real job and face the constituents they just spent their term screwing, perhaps they would act differently.

Many times I vote the "The the bum out" ticket.  Depends on their past performance of course.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #699 on: June 30, 2006, 01:20:26 PM »

I rarely go to the movies but this one was fabulous.  Like Mrs. Red, I grew up watching TC on the Johnny Carson show.  "In Cold Blood" was his last piece of work I believe.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.