April 30, 2024, 03:41:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #483 6/29/2006  (Read 185715 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: June 30, 2006, 01:24:18 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Hi Everyone-

Klaas you win our bet, I had to post today but I think you'll smile over this one.

This is very important for me today, and so close to my heart, so I post this with great gratitude and hope. So many of you have made this journey so much easier for us, and helped to sustain our spirits.

My hubby hit rock bottom last weekend, I feared he might not make it. Today he completed his 50th radiation treatment in 32 days, and he's still standing, even better he appears to be rebounding strongly. This is the FIRST time since this saga began that we have had any good news, any at all. His hemoglobin is great, his BP and his red and white cell counts very good, and he GAINED one pound!!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

He has a ways to go but his oncologist told him he is "remarkable" and "surprising everyone". I have repeated those words about 50 times since noon today, I can't say them out loud enough.

So yes there is power in prayer, he is living proof and some of you have prayed so hard I know you were neglecting other things in your day to do so. I can never thank you enough, never.

Please keep us in your prayers, today I truly can say that word miracle with a stronger voice than I could before. Thank you so much for that.

Please pray hard for Peaches too for she's been great support for us, even when I knew even hearing our negative news could be difficult for her.

All of you are in our prayers and we pray for each and every hurt or afflicted or challenged monkey or family member here, or in your hearts. We pray for Natalee and her family, for they made this community come together, and deserve great peace and justice in their lives.

It is wonderful to keep the faith and then to be blessed with reward from that. It is a joyful day.

None, Great News Very Happy .  Your hubby and you are always in my prayers.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #701 on: June 30, 2006, 01:24:57 PM »

Great news nonesuch!

It took a whole week, but I finally got a response to my complaint to American Airlines about their promotion to Aruba.  While it was not quite a "form letter" it did repeat the same language used in many of the other responses I read here. I understand they would not quit flying to Aruba -- no one asked them to do that -- we simply expressed outrage they would FEATURE a promotion to there. I would write back -- but they make it such a pain-in-the-ass to so. Maybe the fact that it took a week to respond means they had MANY such letters -- I hope so!

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #702 on: June 30, 2006, 01:25:13 PM »

Quote from: "terryd270"

Sharon, I asked if you knew Shirley Tootle, she is a friend of mine and I have some neat storied to tell of IRS Special agents.  I'm assuming your a CPA and Shirely was in charged of the Miami IRS office.. She went on a audit once and it was in Sweetwater and she was having coffee with the wife of the family that she was to audit.. She told me there were chickens running around and it got her out of the office.. Well the husband comes home and see's his wife talking to my friend and goes up stairs and they hear a shot.. The wife wanted my friend to go up there and she say no way and called the police and got the heck outta there.. She stopped doing field audits..

Very Happy

No -- I don't know Shirley (that I'm aware of) TerryD. Sounds like I'd enjoy it, though.

I let my CPA license expire TerryD. I know -- I've been told I'm nuts, but it didn't mean that much to me. My degree is Accounting -- my minor computer science. I worked a lot with Accounting systems -- but grew to any business/operation application or process. Became a consultant and Project Manager instead (PMP Very Happy ). Will be taking a few basic Six Sigma courses soon -- not planning on going for a 'belt' though.

My hubby was a commercial finance auditor for southeast bank -- before the Feds came across the street. He has lots of stories like Shirley, too.

We should sit out at Monty's one afternoon and share stories Very Happy  Very Happy

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #703 on: June 30, 2006, 01:28:06 PM »

Great news, None.  

I still want him to do the cottage cheese smoothies though.  There are no side effects to anything in that recipe and it's good calories.  I talked to my chemo nurse about it and she was all for it.  Of course, she was already a big fan of flaxseed oil.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #704 on: June 30, 2006, 01:29:33 PM »

Gotta do some house stuff for a little bit. BBL

Smoochies to Mr. None for doing SO WELL!

Expect a miracle.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #705 on: June 30, 2006, 01:34:25 PM »

Nonesuche!

That is the best news I've heard today!

Celebrate!

Sharon

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: June 30, 2006, 01:37:45 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Great news, None.  

I still want him to do the cottage cheese smoothies though.  There are no side effects to anything in that recipe and it's good calories.  I talked to my chemo nurse about it and she was all for it.  Of course, she was already a big fan of flaxseed oil.

WONDERFUL NEWS!

Yes, Peaches, Flaxseed oil is terrific for us all.  Omega Fatty Acids. I alternate between flaxseed and fish oil for this myself.   I give plenty of those to my dogs, too, and do not have ONE SINGLE skin allergy.  Been doing that for ten years.  Now I see on the front of Science Diet and other dog goods the claims for better vision, smarter pups even.  Hah!  I knew this ten years ago but now it is included in any dog food worth feeding.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Rooscrew
Scared Monkey

« Reply #707 on: June 30, 2006, 02:01:43 PM »

Great news None!!!!! Smile Smile

Your post brought tears to my eyes and am so happy to hear this good news. You and Mr. None will continue to be in my thoughts & prayers and I won't quit praying until this whole thing is finished!!!  Smile

Roo~

cp405
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #708 on: June 30, 2006, 02:09:40 PM »

That's great news none, your hubby has constantly been in my thoughts and prayers.

Anna, I give my dogs a fish oil capsule daily also.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #709 on: June 30, 2006, 02:11:41 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "mrs. red"
Blah... the movie is soooo good... I remember watching Truman Capote on the TOnight Show with Carson... and we had a discussion here before about what case was the first you started to follow in this matter... wanting to see justice?  Remember TC was the first author to ever do a non-fiction book on a murder.... and IN COLD BLOOD really, really changed things.... I read it in high school... and it really freaked me out.... but it was the first case I read and got interested in... and it happened before I was even born....

so try and watch it... it's very, enlightening IMO

I rarely go to the movies but this one was fabulous.  Like Mrs. Red, I grew up watching TC on the Johnny Carson show.  "In Cold Blood" was his last piece of work I believe.

It was and he died in 1984... of liver disease..

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #710 on: June 30, 2006, 02:25:38 PM »

Quote from: "Rooscrew"
Great news None!!!!! Smile Smile

Your post brought tears to my eyes and am so happy to hear this good news. You and Mr. None will continue to be in my thoughts & prayers and I won't quit praying until this whole thing is finished!!!  Smile

Roo~

Just catching up.... I am so thankful that there is good news for you None... just so thankful... and like Roo said keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #711 on: June 30, 2006, 02:42:49 PM »

New Front Page Post:

Amigoe: AVP-party leader Mike Eman: ‘Aruba in constitutional crises’

http://tinyurl.com/lj6ha

The disarray in Aruba I hope has got the attention of a certain NYC Judge who is considering the jurisdiction of Natalee Holloway family’s civil case. The lack of a competent investigation, questionable rulings by previous judges, home-town croneism and a less than solid political situation in Aruba would hopefully point the Judge to determine that the Holloway’s & Twitty’s could not get a fair trial in Aruba and keep the jurisdiction in NYC.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #712 on: June 30, 2006, 02:44:22 PM »

Great Front Page stuff out there today.  Go Red.

Expect a miracle.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #713 on: June 30, 2006, 02:48:44 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Hi Everyone-

Klaas you win our bet, I had to post today but I think you'll smile over this one.

This is very important for me today, and so close to my heart, so I post this with great gratitude and hope. So many of you have made this journey so much easier for us, and helped to sustain our spirits.

My hubby hit rock bottom last weekend, I feared he might not make it. Today he completed his 50th radiation treatment in 32 days, and he's still standing, even better he appears to be rebounding strongly. This is the FIRST time since this saga began that we have had any good news, any at all. His hemoglobin is great, his BP and his red and white cell counts very good, and he GAINED one pound!!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

He has a ways to go but his oncologist told him he is "remarkable" and "surprising everyone". I have repeated those words about 50 times since noon today, I can't say them out loud enough.

So yes there is power in prayer, he is living proof and some of you have prayed so hard I know you were neglecting other things in your day to do so. I can never thank you enough, never.

Please keep us in your prayers, today I truly can say that word miracle with a stronger voice than I could before. Thank you so much for that.

Please pray hard for Peaches too for she's been great support for us, even when I knew even hearing our negative news could be difficult for her.

All of you are in our prayers and we pray for each and every hurt or afflicted or challenged monkey or family member here, or in your hearts. We pray for Natalee and her family, for they made this community come together, and deserve great peace and justice in their lives.

It is wonderful to keep the faith and then to be blessed with reward from that. It is a joyful day.

This calls for a 'Praise the Lord'....

Yes! Yes! Yes!  Praise the Lord!

None - I will continue to keep you and your husband in my prayers..  I believe sooo strongly in prayer and your news today has strengthened that belief even more.  Great News!!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: June 30, 2006, 02:52:48 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
I am reading an commenting ...

I just saw SUNNY ... hey there!!

Hey Mrs. Red and all.....I am reading and KLAAS said a cuss owrd!!  But in this case...it was absolutely the only thing to say.....I can't even comment on that animal without getting my blood pressure going sky high!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Mrsn2itiv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #715 on: June 30, 2006, 02:55:07 PM »

Hi Everyone-

Hello
Monkey and monkeyettes!!

And {{{HUGS}}} {{{{HUGS}}}} {{{{{HUGS}}}}} NS!!!!!!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.  RWE
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: June 30, 2006, 02:56:43 PM »

Hi Everyone-

NONE this is fantastic news,,,,I am a firm believer that God hears our prayers and Mr. NONE is proof positive.....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #717 on: June 30, 2006, 02:58:54 PM »

Hey mrs2

how are you??

Mrsn2itiv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #718 on: June 30, 2006, 02:59:15 PM »

(((MRS RED)))

I have missed YOU!!!!
{{{HUGS}}[/size]

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.  RWE
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #719 on: June 30, 2006, 03:00:08 PM »

Quote from: "Mrsn2itiv"
(((MRS RED)))

I have missed YOU!!!!
{{{HUGS}}[/size]

well I have had easier days for the last week.. in waiting mode for every case I am assigned.. getting my monkey time in!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.