April 30, 2024, 08:14:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #483 6/29/2006  (Read 185742 times)
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #920 on: June 30, 2006, 07:47:10 PM »

Well I think my time with my girlfriend is coming to an end..  Too many fights lately and I have no idea what they are about.. Have you ever had the experience where you are at a party, or some other social gathering, and you feel as though you are completely incapable of being socially adept enough to carry on a personable conversation, so you plant yourself in the middle of some talkative people and stand there, pretending to be a part of the conversation, but inside you know that you are not? Sometimes, I think that pretending is enough. pretending makes it real. or, perhaps, always. Tomorrow, I start pretending that everything is okay, and, maybe they will appear that way.  So whats happening on the case and I went to and read up on medley and it was interesting, umm reap what you sow..
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #921 on: June 30, 2006, 07:50:05 PM »

The guy that cuts my lawn cuts a lot of lawns in this neighborhood and the one I lived before..  So if he is good he might have a lot of yards that he maintains.. So I thought I heard that they had the same yard person and I don't find that too hard to believe..
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #922 on: June 30, 2006, 07:50:08 PM »

Quote from: "Jerry from Ohio"

heehe  Turning on  the ol Cowboy  charm <g>  

I remember having a t-shirt that said:

"Cowboys stay in the saddle just a little bit longer."

David Allen Coe:
"Divers do it deeper
Jockeys do it shorter
Bricklayers always make it just a little bit stronger
Sailors do it wetter
Soldiers do it better
But cowboys stay in the saddle
Just a little bit longer"
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #923 on: June 30, 2006, 07:52:41 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
Oh, third, I'm askeered of them too! Never had one even act as if it were going harm me or anyone else, but have always quaked in me boots when near any! I've ridden, but it has NOT been pleasant. They are very big, powerful beasties!  Shocked

I actually have a reason to be scared of them justins!  As a youngster, I had a job earning spending money cleaning horse stables.  One day, I was scoopin up some...well...horse waste, and one of them leaned over and bit me in the webbing between my thumb and index finegr.  Tore some skin off, and scared the poop out of me from that point forward...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #924 on: June 30, 2006, 07:55:44 PM »

Quote from: "terryd270"
Well I think my time with my girlfriend is coming to an end..  Too many fights lately and I have no idea what they are about.. Have you ever had the experience where you are at a party, or some other social gathering, and you feel as though you are completely incapable of being socially adept enough to carry on a personable conversation, so you plant yourself in the middle of some talkative people and stand there, pretending to be a part of the conversation, but inside you know that you are not? Sometimes, I think that pretending is enough. pretending makes it real. or, perhaps, always. Tomorrow, I start pretending that everything is okay, and, maybe they will appear that way.  So whats happening on the case and I went to and read up on medley and it was interesting, umm reap what you sow..

Sounds to me like her friends are the type of people you don't enjoy being around.  Life is too short to spend it fighting with someone, it's just not worth it.   Wink
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #925 on: June 30, 2006, 07:55:59 PM »

Quote from: "thirdstrike"
Quote from: "justinsmama"
Oh, third, I'm askeered of them too! Never had one even act as if it were going harm me or anyone else, but have always quaked in me boots when near any! I've ridden, but it has NOT been pleasant. They are very big, powerful beasties!  Shocked

I actually have a reason to be scared of them justins!  As a youngster, I had a job earning spending money cleaning horse stables.  One day, I was scoopin up some...well...horse waste, and one of them leaned over and bit me in the webbing between my thumb and index finegr.  Tore some skin off, and scared the poop out of me from that point forward...

Yikes! While I did not witness it, when we were 14 years old, a friend of mine was bitten by a horse on her, uh, how shall I say it? her kaboobie! Horrors!

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #926 on: June 30, 2006, 07:56:26 PM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
but hey here it is again if anybody doesn't want to go to the lounge. Rolling Eyes

Thanks, Mermaid.  Got it!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #927 on: June 30, 2006, 07:57:12 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Quote from: "Jerry from Ohio"

heehe  Turning on  the ol Cowboy  charm <g>  

I remember having a t-shirt that said:

"Cowboys stay in the saddle just a little bit longer."

David Allen Coe:
"Divers do it deeper
Jockeys do it shorter
Bricklayers always make it just a little bit stronger
Sailors do it wetter
Soldiers do it better
But cowboys stay in the saddle
Just a little bit longer"

What do school administrator's do more of?  Shocked

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #928 on: June 30, 2006, 07:57:45 PM »

The guy that cuts my lawn cuts a lot of lawns in this neighborhood and the one I lived before..  So if he is good he might have a lot of yards that he maintains.. So I thought I heard that they had the same yard person and I don't find that too hard to believe..

Good point Terry - so to put it in perspective what they call a Gardener is really a lawn /yard man.

Plus alot of the houses I saw didn't have enough landscaping to warrant a full time Gardener.

If he was JR's gardener I always pictured him watering her Marajuana plants - he teeth didn't get that way by accident!

Boy oh boy I am an Twisted Evil mermaid tonight!

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #929 on: June 30, 2006, 07:57:51 PM »

OK, finally out of here for ther evening (work)...and on to my extended 4-day weekend!!  I'll be back later on.  But, to all those I don't see...

Have a GREAT weekend, and a safe and happy 4th of July!!

Be good!

Strike
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #930 on: June 30, 2006, 07:58:15 PM »

Ah, Terry, I'm sorry!

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #931 on: June 30, 2006, 08:00:33 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Sounds to me like her friends are the type of people you don't enjoy being around.  Life is too short to spend it fighting with someone, it's just not worth it.   Wink

Lotsa fish in the sea.  Especially if you're a peeping squirrel.

Expect a miracle.
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #932 on: June 30, 2006, 08:00:53 PM »

Klaasend,

I was supposed to goto a birthday party for someone tonight and I canceled out.. I told them that a meteor the size of Manhattan was heading towards Earth and I had to get ready.. Well now I'm home by myself.. Actually a lot of it has to do with this case and how I feel vs how she feels.. We don't talk about it but when we do, I see something I really don't like and just want to go home..
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: June 30, 2006, 08:02:27 PM »

her kaboobie!

Shocked

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #934 on: June 30, 2006, 08:02:39 PM »

Klaas, can you possibly repost the update from None re her DH? I want my DH to read it and you know I suck at finding stuff.

Besides, there are different monkeys in the cage who may not have seen it.  TY
You rock.

Expect a miracle.
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #935 on: June 30, 2006, 08:05:51 PM »

It can be difficult to remember that 'everyone else' is not the same person. I have to believe that somewhere in Karma-space there is a ledger of items given and stolen, earned and cheated. It is a comforting chimera that prevents me from imploding. I do not mean this in a Judgment-Day-Gates-of-Heaven way, but rather, in a sense that is wholly pragmatic: memories are not always conscious, but they probably do not go away. Thus, there may well be certain file directories in the individual consciousness that store all the Bad Things that said person has done. I guess thats Joran and the Kalpoe's have convinced themselves that they did not rape and kill someone. This seems to be a conflict with the common tendency of humans to think of ourselves as "good people."
When we cannot change what we did, we can change our memories. For reasons that might be even evolutionary in origin (after all, the species would die quickly if we killed ourselves off) no persons seem easier to defraud than ourselves.  JORAN AND THE KALPOES ARE KILLERS..
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #936 on: June 30, 2006, 08:07:36 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Hi Everyone-

Klaas you win our bet, I had to post today but I think you'll smile over this one.

This is very important for me today, and so close to my heart, so I post this with great gratitude and hope. So many of you have made this journey so much easier for us, and helped to sustain our spirits.

My hubby hit rock bottom last weekend, I feared he might not make it. Today he completed his 50th radiation treatment in 32 days, and he's still standing, even better he appears to be rebounding strongly. This is the FIRST time since this saga began that we have had any good news, any at all. His hemoglobin is great, his BP and his red and white cell counts very good, and he GAINED one pound!!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

He has a ways to go but his oncologist told him he is "remarkable" and "surprising everyone". I have repeated those words about 50 times since noon today, I can't say them out loud enough.

So yes there is power in prayer, he is living proof and some of you have prayed so hard I know you were neglecting other things in your day to do so. I can never thank you enough, never.

Please keep us in your prayers, today I truly can say that word miracle with a stronger voice than I could before. Thank you so much for that.

Please pray hard for Peaches too for she's been great support for us, even when I knew even hearing our negative news could be difficult for her.

All of you are in our prayers and we pray for each and every hurt or afflicted or challenged monkey or family member here, or in your hearts. We pray for Natalee and her family, for they made this community come together, and deserve great peace and justice in their lives.

It is wonderful to keep the faith and then to be blessed with reward from that. It is a joyful day.

Here's the great news Nonesuche posted earlier today.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #937 on: June 30, 2006, 08:12:30 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Hi Everyone-

Klaas you win our bet, I had to post today but I think you'll smile over this one.

This is very important for me today, and so close to my heart, so I post this with great gratitude and hope. So many of you have made this journey so much easier for us, and helped to sustain our spirits.

My hubby hit rock bottom last weekend, I feared he might not make it. Today he completed his 50th radiation treatment in 32 days, and he's still standing, even better he appears to be rebounding strongly. This is the FIRST time since this saga began that we have had any good news, any at all. His hemoglobin is great, his BP and his red and white cell counts very good, and he GAINED one pound!!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

He has a ways to go but his oncologist told him he is "remarkable" and "surprising everyone". I have repeated those words about 50 times since noon today, I can't say them out loud enough.

So yes there is power in prayer, he is living proof and some of you have prayed so hard I know you were neglecting other things in your day to do so. I can never thank you enough, never.

Please keep us in your prayers, today I truly can say that word miracle with a stronger voice than I could before. Thank you so much for that.

Please pray hard for Peaches too for she's been great support for us, even when I knew even hearing our negative news could be difficult for her.

All of you are in our prayers and we pray for each and every hurt or afflicted or challenged monkey or family member here, or in your hearts. We pray for Natalee and her family, for they made this community come together, and deserve great peace and justice in their lives.

It is wonderful to keep the faith and then to be blessed with reward from that. It is a joyful day.

Prayer is the way to miracles, many, many miracles.  Peaches's family and yours are always in my thoughts and prayers.  Two pretty remarkable people.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: June 30, 2006, 08:13:56 PM »

Klaasend,

I was supposed to goto a birthday party for someone tonight and I canceled out.. I told them that a meteor the size of Manhattan was heading towards Earth and I had to get ready.. Well now I'm home by myself.. Actually a lot of it has to do with this case and how I feel vs how she feels.. We don't talk about it but when we do, I see something I really don't like and just want to go home..

Terry - I understand what you are saying but if the only problem was how she feels about this case you would be going to the party and not sitting home.  It's got to be more than this case, IMO.  Besides, sometimes sitting home by yourself is a good thing!  Not to mention, you have all of us to keep you company  Laughing
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: June 30, 2006, 08:16:03 PM »

I am so haappy for None - she has been a rock!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.