April 19, 2024, 08:01:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #483 6/29/2006  (Read 184066 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #960 on: June 30, 2006, 08:43:07 PM »

Thanks Jerry - took me a year in this forum to bookmark all the links and figure out all the tricks  Wink
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #961 on: June 30, 2006, 08:44:41 PM »

FlyingMermaid,

You know I was kidding with you..  How are you this Friday Night?
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #962 on: June 30, 2006, 08:46:29 PM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
I want some Runza Casserole Please. Surprised

The recipe is in the Lounge for your convenience.  Bake it about 30 min.  I also put swiss cheese on top of the meat/cabbage and then put the rolled out rolls on top of that.  It's yummy stuff.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #963 on: June 30, 2006, 08:52:03 PM »

I see everyone is waiting for the cage to change.  So just post short stuff!  We'll get there!

Expect a miracle.
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #964 on: June 30, 2006, 08:52:33 PM »

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #965 on: June 30, 2006, 08:52:52 PM »

If you could read my mind what a tale my thoughts would tell.. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #966 on: June 30, 2006, 08:53:19 PM »

Castor Beans and Natalee’s Case
Dale Netherton
June 29, 2006

Recently there was a television program about a doctor who was poisoned by his wife using castor beans, which contain the poison ricin. The story revealed the doctor had returned from the tropics and was suspected of contracting some disease from his visit. He was placed in the hospital and several tests were run, but there was no definitive diagnosis. As he improved in the hospital he returned home and soon became violently ill with the same symptoms he had experienced previously. The doctors working on the case assumed he was allergic to wheat gluten and prescribed a strict diet to exclude wheat from his diet. Again he returned to the hospital in pain and finding he had tried to test their hypothesis concluded the allergy theory was the most probable cause of his illness.

Watching this program I saw a lot of similarities with the assumptions the doctors were using and the ones the investigators in the Natalee Holloway case maintained. The doctors ( including the doctor patient ) refused to believe the doctor’s wife could have anything to do with the illness. Although they knew it was very unusual for an allergy to begin so suddenly and they knew their theory of an allergy to wheat gluten could be easily tested ( but wasn’t ), they persisted in pursuing the search for an unknown bacillus or virus. They even diagnosed the problem once as Typhoid Fever but had to finally discard this diagnosis as inconsistent with his return to the hospital after treatment.

The doctor then got suspicious of his wife ( who he was in the process of divorcing ) and looking in one of her dresser drawers found a couple of packets of castor beans. When he was tested for ricin and found his blood contained some of the poison the mystery was solved. But the assumption of the wife’s innocence prevented it from being solved sooner. Once that assumption was questioned- the solution was easily determined for it was possible then to formulate a probable cause that explained why he was sick at home and not at the hospital, Why the symptoms had an rapid onset, why the misdiagnosed typhoid fever symptoms returned and finally why nothing they had theorized previously explained the mystery.

Like the doctor’s case, false assumptions are leading nowhere in the Natalee Holloway disappearance. The doctor and the other physicians on the case didn’t want to consider the wife may have been involved. Consequently they came up with theories that left gaps in their formulation of a most probable cause. Not everything could be made to fit under the false assumptions they used. Likewise not everything can be made to fit in the Natalee Holloway case using the assumptions that have so far been promoted. It doesn’t fit that teen age boys could kill a girl and not leave a trace of evidence. It doesn’t fit that a girl could disappear on a small island under her own power. It doesn’t fit that many “suspects” have been “arrested” and released. Unless you assume there might be some form of collusion by some authorities.

This assumption ( like the doctor’s presumed innocence of his wife ) prevents any investigation into those supposedly doing their best to find Natalee. When the doctor confronted his wife she cracked under the overwhelming evidence she had to admit and couldn’t explain. What do you suppose would happen if the investigation into Natalee’s disappearance raised similar concerns about the unexplained arrests and releases, the bizarre theories that contradicted known facts( like the “passed out” theory based on no known evidence )? What would be the response to an internal investigation similar to appointing a special prosecutor independent of Aruban interests?

Think about how many times you have assumed something to be wrong and found that your assumption prevented you from finding the solution to the problem. How many of us have called the TV repairman only to find we had assumed the plug was in the outlet? Or we assumed our gas gauge was correct and ran out of gas. Or we assumed we had turned off all the lights and find we had left one on? False assumptions keep us from finding the truth. They limit our investigation and create barriers to inquiry that may very well lead us to the solution we seek.

The number one cause of mistaken solutions to problems according the problem solving guru’s , Kepner Tregoe, is ‘ jumping to cause’. This is another way of saying, “Don’t assume you know what caused the disappearance of Natalee”.

By the same token when no results have been discovered with the methods you have utilized, it is time to review what you have not yet investigated and see if you cannot formulate a theory that includes this new approach. Otherwise you are left with resignation and failure.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=11029
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #967 on: June 30, 2006, 08:53:38 PM »

Quote from: "terryd270"
If you could read my mind what a tale my thoughts would tell.. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

No doubt!

Expect a miracle.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #968 on: June 30, 2006, 08:56:17 PM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
Just took a walk outside and I am amazed at how my Hybiscus, Hedge and Areca palms have come back thriving after the hurricane last year.  I remember thinking after the storm that we would have to landscape everything over again.

Mother nature is an amazing woman!

Absolutely.  We had three tornadoes with hail a few years ago in a few months' time, which meant three roofs, and I thought all my garden was lost.  It came back better than ever.  It must have liked the roofing tacks or the rowdy weather.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
MominTN
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #969 on: June 30, 2006, 08:56:26 PM »

Sorry Dale, we know who killed Natalee and we know Aruba is covering it up.  We've been round and round, and there's no place left to go.
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #970 on: June 30, 2006, 08:56:44 PM »

"the trouble with being in the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat." lily thomlin
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #971 on: June 30, 2006, 08:59:26 PM »

Well, that runza casserole was great.  Everyone at my house loves it.  My daughter just asked if I was ever going to make it again.  Well, DUH!

Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #972 on: June 30, 2006, 08:59:43 PM »

Quote from: "MominTN"
Sorry Dale, we know who killed Natalee and we know Aruba is covering it up.  We've been round and round, and there's no place left to go.

I'm reading his article completely different than you are.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #973 on: June 30, 2006, 08:59:55 PM »

You are so right.
 Cool Now the cover up is to cover up the cover up.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #974 on: June 30, 2006, 09:01:21 PM »

Good article, Klaas.  Thanks.  Very insightful.

Expect a miracle.
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #975 on: June 30, 2006, 09:01:24 PM »

TylerGal,

I was on a ride and I stopped in back of Publix's and in the corner to the right, on a small patch of earth that weeds have not swallowed, next to the row of garbage cans, where it smells pretty bad, is a small plant brimming with bright red hot peppers. There must be about twenty peppers there. And next to it in the dirt is an old cigarette butt.  So your right that sometimes nature has a way of coming through..
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #976 on: June 30, 2006, 09:02:38 PM »

Quote from: "KatzHome"

And we nice, meek mild Canuks say !
happy
canada
day
Bonne Fete
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #977 on: June 30, 2006, 09:03:12 PM »

Quote from: "terryd270"
TylerGal,

I was on a ride and I stopped in back of Publix's and in the corner to the right, on a small patch of earth that weeds have not swallowed, next to the row of garbage cans, where it smells pretty bad, is a small plant brimming with bright red hot peppers. There must be about twenty peppers there. And next to it in the dirt is an old cigarette butt.  So your right that sometimes nature has a way of coming through..

So did you pick some to take home?  You have to love volunteers!  I have volunteer crepe myrtles in several places where I didn't intend them to be. I just don't have the heart to dig them up!  I'd rather just integrate them into the plan.

Expect a miracle.
MominTN
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #978 on: June 30, 2006, 09:03:17 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

I'm reading his article completely different than you are.

So what is it saying to you?  Confront Aruba with the falsehoods and make them explain it?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #979 on: June 30, 2006, 09:03:21 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Several people have thought they see a body in the aru-bay video with the white bag.  I have a hard time believing it.  You can over adjust and enhance a photo too much, IMO.  This was posted by Spock at BFN.  I find this far more likely, that there is clothing or evidence in the bag:

The small image in the middle is of Natalee's actual top:

Mearly an attempt to get to page 50.  Dinner is ready  Wink  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.