April 23, 2024, 09:57:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nita Mayo Missing Since August 8, 2005 Sonora, CA  (Read 33034 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 11:02:55 PM »

http://www.trinitysearch.org/tsar/content/missing-person-nita-mayo

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 11:58:29 PM »

I just wanted to post some pictures of a search for Nita we did a couple years back.
Her children did a great deal of searching before this particular day.
Nita went missing and her car was found on Donnels pass rest area at an elevation of 8500 foot. Her car was found in the rest area parking lot with her keys and other items inside of her car locked. Her car had a keyless entry system with a electronic combination lock.
The only thing at the rest stop is a restroom and a large garbage can.. there are trails to walk on and a sitting area as well as a look out of Donnell's reservoir about 1500 foot straight down.
Every inch of that canyon from top to bottom has been searched..
What happened to Nita Mayo remains unsolved.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 10:09:59 AM »

Thank you for posting the pics and the maps.  How very sad for Nita's family and friends she's never been found.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 08:32:41 PM »

Edward, I am assuming your were up there, right?  searching?
or at least are somewhat familiar with the area.  I have not been over that pass for years, but I know it snows up there and is one of the last passes to open, they use to actually have gates across that road to lock it up in the winter.  Is is still like that? 

Anyway, what I am getting at is... There just is not a lot of traffic on that pass. The road use to be narrow, steep, winding and one a person might go over and say never again LOL... We use to go over the pass a few times a year and your brakes would heat up... I think they recommend you don't take trailers over that pass.  Is is still that way? 

I am thinking, there just was probably not all that many people traveling over that pass. 

Her purse still in the car, no one broke in to take it.  Seems no one robbed her.  No one took the car so they didn't want that.  So someone just looking for a random person to kill?  There are bears up there but seems she would not be far off the road if a bear got her. 

Isn't there a military base up there on the east side of the mountain.  I think I remember a training base up there.  they have these huge huge high high tarp buildings that they are kind of secretive about... I think they do the mountineering training for special forces or something... they have sniper training there too I believe... now don't quote me on that, but I have been told this by someone I know... but they are not always the most reliable source of info... but I do remember once driving past there and they blocked the roads and when they let us through there they hurried us up and did not want us paying attention to what they were doing.  It was really weird. 

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 04:36:22 PM »

I was there..
I took the above photos and did days of searching the area with a team.

The elevation at Donnells pass is around 9000 foot and the road at that elevation does not have a lot of traffic late in the day and it can be closed when it snows.
I did research on her case for 2 years and then did the actual search.
There are bears.. I do not think that is what happened. I started posting my research at Web Sleuths but then took it over to Blogs for Natalee as it is semi private. The thread is still there if you want to read it.
I learned a lot on that case.. I was disappointed in the end with LE and the F.B.I. who took control and told everyone to clam up because they were onto something.. and even though I know what that something is..NOTHING ever came of it.
I had a possible perp and LE and everyone involved would hear none of it. Nobody ever even looked at him..

In my opinion she was attacked in the bathroom. She had a combo lock on the door of her car.
She also arrived late in the afternoon as she was headed home from shopping in Sonora and was headed back home to Hawthorn Nevada over this pass..

Cases that have happened in this area would be the Sund family murders.. The F.B.I. disappointed all of us there also but they put on quite a show with people and equipment.
Of course they had interviewed the perp .. they had no idea if it was him. He was the brother of a famous kidnap victim who was rescued..
 Anyways he then murdered a park ranger in Yosemite National park.. He became frustrated with LE and the F.B. I. and eventually turned himself in..
 What I learned ...
1. Families are not investigative..
2. Search teams "even professional" are not investigative.
3. Local Law Enforcement looking for the dead person laying in the middle of the road.
4. The F.B.I. is astounding arrogant and become so focused on there own professional theory that they are not OPEN to anyone who may have a clue as to what has really happened.

The family of this mom are wonderful children who spent much time looking for there mom and my heart hurts for them but I commend there efforts.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2010, 04:46:08 PM »

LE ..MILITARY..and every day people practice repelling off cliffs in this area.
I walked camped and fished this area when I was young with my father.
I have never seen any secret military bases.  Although I am always looking for fun stuff like that
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2010, 07:09:17 PM »

hi Edward, thanks for your response, and very interesting.  I will have to check out your threads on Nita's case.  I was interested in this case when it first started but got sidetracked.  I always keep coming back to it now and then but never any news etc... I really would like to look at what you think about it, might give me some ideas...

so you had a perp theory.  hmmm.  I would like to hear about that if possible. 

I know about the sund murders and I am familiar with that whole area up there.  I get your drift on what you think of that investigation, I most likely think the same thing, or at least something of the same sort.  I don't believe for one second that case is "solved". 

I don't know where the board is where you say your Nita info is .... can you give me a link to that board or something and if don't want it posted maybe email it to me..  keysring@yahoo.com   or have klass or someone email it to me if you don't want anyone to have your email?  I would really like to read what you posted about this case. 

I saw the military training area myself with those huge tarp buildings and they acted sooooo weird, but I don't know exactly what they do up there, but it was just very strange.   

so nita made it to sonora, shopped and was on her way home?  hmmm   

there is a lot of weird goings-on up there in those mountains.  You probably already know that though? 

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2010, 07:27:23 PM »

ok I found the blog link...

waiting to be approved

To find me:
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2010, 11:43:32 PM »

I will let Debbie know you are knocking 

Here is the link when you are approved.
http://blogsfornatalee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7362.150
Page 11 .. I explain what happened.. mo. as always.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2010, 11:54:18 PM »

well someone already had my nic so I signed in as icecream

To find me:
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2010, 11:59:40 PM »

I brought the Nita Mayo thread to the front at BFN..

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2010, 12:04:11 AM »

I brought the Nita Mayo thread to the front at BFN..

ok cool, thanks, probably be tomorrow before I can get in there and read.  I'm falling asleep ugh.

after I read it though I'll let you know what I think. 

To find me:
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2010, 12:11:23 AM »

What Kind of IceCream ? 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2010, 12:22:44 PM »

I have some things to do today. I will come back later and explain the photos I have posted here..

This one is my toe of my boot looking straight down the cliff that overlooks Donnells pass.That lookout is pictured in a photo above.. Searchers repelled down this face over 25 times and found many items..none of which belonged to Nita Mayo in the end..
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2010, 02:23:58 PM »

What Kind of IceCream ? 

any kind, just so long as it is a doubledecker...  Monkey Devil!

To find me:
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 01:28:26 PM »

I FIRST posted 3 photos AND 2 Goggle images I had messed with marking areas..
Then I posted the LAST photo.

PHOTO # 3 Shows the lookout point for visitors..
It is the main attraction of stopping at the rest area of Donnells pass.
It was considered that Nita may have jumped off this..

The LAST photo I posted is looking straight down from that lookout, I am leaning over the rail and you see the tip of my boot for reference..

NITA never jumped off this and her body was not found or any item belonging to her after many many searches by many teams..

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2010, 01:37:37 PM »

The first Google image ..
You see the Hiway 108.. Now look left just a little ways on the 108 and you will see a little curly cue off the main 108 hiway..
THAT is Donnells Pass Rest Area and Lookout parking lot, where the above pictures were taken..
Study that image and you can see the cliff drop off at the end of the curly cue.

We worked over that whole area top to bottom one side and the other.. It is quite a workout as it is high elevation..

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2010, 01:50:00 PM »

the second Goggle image shows Nevada on the horizon.. It shows how she would have traveled along hwy 395 which I marked in green then she would turn on 108 and drive to Sonora passing Donnells pass and reservoir area...
I marked Donnells Reservoir in Blue in both images...
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2010, 09:47:48 PM »

Edward,
Thank you for the photos. Alsp, it is really wonderful that you have searched for Nita. I pray for Nita to come home to her family.

Today, I google mapped Hawthorne to Sonora(Strawberry) and was looking at the map and it never dawned on me before that she was driving ~4hrs each way, according to the map. That would be almost an 8hr drive in 1 day, by herself to and from the "village" she wanted to shop. And I reading what Doubledecker said about the car brakes heating up sounds like a pretty adventurous long drive. 

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2010, 12:59:12 PM »

Anything I can do to relight this case is good..

Nita Mayo needs to be found..
The culprit needs to be prosicuted and jailed to keep anyone else from being harmed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.