April 25, 2024, 06:21:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nita Mayo Missing Since August 8, 2005 Sonora, CA  (Read 33049 times)
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2010, 05:21:25 PM »

hi edward, I am still not approved at the other site, but just as soon as I am I will read all your work over there and come here and discuss it with you.

I'm all for getting Nita's case back out there. 

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2010, 10:57:34 PM »

hi edward, I am still not approved at the other site, but just as soon as I am I will read all your work over there and come here and discuss it with you.

I'm all for getting Nita's case back out there. 

BBM   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2010, 09:53:27 PM »

I read all the posts over on bfn... thanks for sending me over there Edward. 

putting on my thinking cap here.  have not looked at this case in awhile so trying to remember what I do know about it, and that is not much... so a couple of questions. 

did they bring the dogs out to see if they could follow her from her car to see where she went... did they ever pick up on her at all?  if not, are we sure she is the one who drove her car there?  Could she have been abducted at some other point along the way and someone else drove her car up to the vista and left it there?  something to think about.  On the other hand if the dogs did "scent" her here at the vista, then scratch that idea I guess.

To find me:
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2010, 01:36:39 AM »

One of my first considerations was that she was abducted elsewhere and here was the drop off point.
Only her DNA on inside of car from what I learned..
Also witness or receipts of her shopping or buying fuel, I would have to go back and read as to where..
Scent Dogs were brought in .. I do not remember where they stopped.

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2010, 10:34:14 PM »

if someone abducted her from the vista, they could have driven her anywhere ugh... and if anyone is familiar with those mountains, all they have to do is drop off that summit to the west and there are tons of old mine shafts, drifts, caves, etc...

I think figuring out WHO is responsible might be easier that figuring out WHERE she is. 

still thinking.

To find me:
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2010, 01:44:55 PM »

Hi Monkeys!!!!
Here are all my notes on Nita. I lost my earlier document. All my notes are just from front page of SM.

Nita Mayo
http://missingexploited.com/category/nita-mayo/
Missing Since: August 8, 2005   
Missing From: Sonora Pass (Hwy 108) 
Sex: Female
Height: 5 ft. 
Weight: 140 lbs.
Eye Color: Hazel

Officials say Rice, who also uses the alias Atencio, was in the area at the time of Mayo’s disappearance. They say Rice’s car may have had mechanical problems and that it is possible she was looking for help with her vehicle.
Authorities are not calling Rice a suspect in Mayo’s disappearance, only that she may be a possible witness. She is described as being a white, female, standing 5′1″ tall and weighing 185 pounds. She has brown hair and hazel eyes.
If you have any information on the whereabouts of Nita Mayo, or Rice, please call the Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office at 1-800-228-3592
Related Posts:
Mayo search efforts expands with Texas Equusearch
Nita Mayo Missing Since August 8, 2005 in Sonora, CA
Discussion Forum for Missing Persons

The events of this case are as follows according to all information available from law enforcement in Tuolumne County and in Mineral County, Nevada.
1. Mayo left Hawthorne around 11 a.m. on Aug. 8 for a day trip over Sonora Pass
2. She told a friend she wanted to visit a “village” on the other side of Sonora Pass and was to return home so she could be at work the following day.
3. Mayo never returned, and her car was found on Aug. 10 at the Donnell Vista parking lot.
4. It had been there since Aug. 8, according to a Caltrans worker who saw it there two days before deputies found it.
5. A refrigerator magnet and postcards purchased at Strawberry General Store were found in Mayo’s car along with her purse, cellular phone, wallet, credit cards, money and food.
6. Jewel Rice, of Colorado Springs, Colo., was driving a rental car that got stuck on a U.S. Forest Service road near Strawberry. Between Aug. 7 and 12, she sought help in freeing the car. After Aug. 12, she left without her vehicle.
7. Rice’s car has since been searched and impounded.

Map of Sonora pass and strawberry
http://www.climber.org/DrivingDirections/SonoraPass.html

Hair Color: Dark Brown w/ ends frosted
Race: Caucasian
Complexion: Fair
Birth Date: February 9, 1941
Last seen wearing: Nita was last seen wearing a yellow shirt with blue jeans and white sandals. We do know since we were told this that Nita did change her shirt as it was found at her house as were her white sandals. After looking through Nita’s clothes it is believed that she may be wearing jeans and white tennis shoes, type of top is unknown.

Last Seen: Nita Mayo was last seen around 10:00 a.m. on August 8, 2005. She had breakfast with a friend that morning before she left for Sonora Pass. She was supposed to call her friend, Pat Beavers, when she arrived back home from her drive. She did not call but Pat just felt that she had just arrived home too late to call her. When she did not show up for work on Tuesday, at Mt. Grant hospital, the Head of Nursing called to see if Nita was home. When she did not answer or call back, Jan Kollodge went to Nita’s house to check on her, but no one was home. She then checked with Pat B. who informed Jan of Nita’s plans the day before. At this time calls were made to the California and Nevada Highway Patrol.

Please call the Tuolumne County Sheriff Department at 209-533-5815.
Please call Texas EquuSearch at 281-309-9500 or Toll-free (877) 270-9500. Fax: 281-534-6719

Tuolumne County officials say they are interested in talking to 39-year-old Jewel Jeanne Rice of Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Mayo, a 64-year-old Hawthorne resident, was last seen when she left to go shopping near Sonora, California. Her car was later found abandoned in Tuolumne County.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2010, 02:41:39 PM »

I remember that LE did in fact interview Ms. Rice ..
She was no longer a suspect of having info.
but I can't seem to find the article at the moment.

Thanks NM for you post.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mayo_nita.html
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2010, 02:53:33 PM »

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-27929.html
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2010, 04:04:35 PM »

http://nitamayo.com/

Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.