April 24, 2024, 03:33:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sharon & 2NJSons_Mom Wedding Reception Update - By Request  (Read 6656 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« on: August 09, 2007, 07:24:28 PM »

As most know, Sharon and I realized we would be attending the same wedding reception through typical OT comments on the LCD.  Since it was almost three weeks ago, our minimal comments on the lively were missed by some, therefore, here will be the recap of that chance meeting.

Sharon & her DH are aunt & uncle of the groom....my DH & I are long time friends of the bride's parents.   We had described to each other what our spouses looked like and what we both would be wearing.  Sharon had also forwarded me a photo of herself & the groom's mom, but it was challenging....it only showed the back of their heads, pretty much...so I studied the hair style. 

At the party, my DH kept asking if I had found Sharon, and insisted I was going to have to ask someone.  It was well over an hour or more into the celebration, when I finally figured I'd found her...luckily, I had.   We only had a few moments for introductions, comments about the forum and went to our respective tables.  Sharon & I had hoped to find a quiet time during dessert to actually have a conversation. 

At one point, when a group of us were on the dance floor, I asked the groom's Mom if Sharon danced.  She said, of course, 'go get her'...so I beckoned Sharon to the dance area.  That group dance left most of us as spectators, for there were 'dancers' who's performace took the limelight... Laughing

Our dessert meeting never happened.  Sharon was amongst family she had to visit with and before we knew it the party was over.

We met briefly at the hotel bar, but she and her DH retired to their room and my DH & I joined everyone else in the garden area outside the hotel and gabbed there, until some left for home and the rest of us went to our rooms.

Next morning, DH & I were having breakfast with the bride's parents, her Aunt, Cousin and his adorable little boy, who entertained everyone with his dance routines at the reception.  Sharon, her DH & the groom's Mom came in when we were just about finished.   We said our goodbyes there in the restaurant.

If I've left anything out, I'm sure Sharon will add her comments. 

Yes, you can say we hit it off, even though we didn't get much of a chance to spend a lot of time together.  It's very possible that our paths may cross again, someday.  We have a lot more in common than we had thought.  "It's a small world, afterall."

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 09:22:55 PM »

that is a small world....cool!! makes you wonder how many times you may have walked past a fellow monkey and just did not realize it!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 09:51:38 PM »

that is a small world....cool!! makes you wonder how many times you may have walked past a fellow monkey and just did not realize it!

Exactly, cuz.....if I had not mentioned something about the wedding, we would have been at the same function with no idea....amazing how communication opens doors...some good and some not so...it was an experience for the books, for sure. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 10:07:15 PM »

I have this picture of all of you in my head... and I always say to red ... do you think that is so in so??  he has to remind you all don't live right around the corner, even though it feels like you do!!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 08:24:21 AM »

Laughing Laughing

This certainly was one of the largest -- and nicest -- coincidences in my life to date Cool

I went to jr high school and high school and college in North Jersey (2NJ and I actually graduated from the same college, as well!).

My parents, my sister and myself -- all left the area over 20 years ago. But my sisters 2 sons stayed in the area.

One got married 3 years ago (in NJ) -- and the other -- my godson -- was the recent wedding.

I did send 2NJ a picture of me with my back turned:-) It was taken at the actual wedding ceremony which was held 2 weeks earlier in the Florida Keys. And she told me she would be wearing black slacks. Ummmm -- she was one of about 15 women in black slacks Laughing

I kept looking around for someone who looked like they knew how to clean a toilet Laughing Laughing

But her description of her hubby was helpful. I had narrowed that down to 2 men -- one was a '20 something' -- so I was hoping the other one belonged to 2NJ Cool Now -- to stalk him to see who he belongs to.  Laughing Laughing

I also had been telling my sister about the coincidence (at first I thought that 2NJ might have been a friend of my sister's) and knowing my sister -- I KNEW she'd have 2NJ scoped out way before I did  Wink And she didn't fail me. I believe she had met her and checked her out before I ever got down to the wedding. But of course, didn't mentin it to me. Rolling Eyes

I think people's paths cross for a reason -- and I'm excited to watch how the 2NJ/sharon path evolves. We do go up to the area frequently. My inlaws are in south jersey. NYC is my favorite little 'stopover for a few days' a couple of times a year -- and I make sure that I go up to see my nephews at least once per year.

And although we had agreed in email that we would not discuss Natalee -- it was of course, the first thing we spoke about. Laughing And I don't think either of us has any intention of giving up until Justice is found for Natalee and her family.

I was a real party pooper. One of my claims to fame, actually. When my candle goes out -- I better be near a bed  Very Happy

She's a real sweatheart everyone -- just in case you hadn't figured it out Very Happy Smart, adorable and a ton of fun. She left the toilet brush at home. And since it was a wedding -- I removed the red bandana and sunglasses  Laughing Laughing

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 08:35:37 AM »

Exactly!

I've mentioned how DH and I go to a lot of concerts.

We've been to the new stadium in Philadelphia, the GM Center in Vancouver, the Boardwalk Convention Center in Atlantic City, Reunion Arena in Dallas.....and of course Madison Square Garden. I'm always wondering if any of the 'local monkeys' are there.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 11:55:41 PM »

This is a great story.  Thanks for sharing, 2NJ and Sharon. 
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 02:42:07 AM »

Thank you for sharing this story 2NJ and Sharon.
We did have visions of you both attending the wedding in your monkey attire.  Laughing
I do hope you manage to meet again soon and continue your friendship.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 07:44:34 AM »

This is soooo cool to read, yippee !!!!!!!  Very Happy Two of my fave monkeys meet !!

I'll tell my story, Lala's and I met last fall at a football game. We were supposed to meet outside the stadium but little none and I had difficulty finding a parking space timely, but even when we got there - the crowd made it impossible to find them! So we began the cell phone tag game, it was almost comical for the crowd noise was too loud to hear your phone ring much less hear the other person? Anyway, finally I stood by a gate and buddied up with a security guy, I had him looking for her too  Laughing

just before kick-off, there she is !!!! Yea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her family is LOVELY and we must have hugged for days  Laughing I have photos and nearly held her hand we were just having so much fun being together.

I wouldn't have missed meeting her for the world, we make quite a pair too, me at six feet and I think she comes up to my shoulder?  Laughing Laughing I love my Lala's  Very Happy

I continue to stand with the girl.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 08:55:30 AM »

I remember that story from last football season, None Cool

No -- I don't think 2NJ and I resembled 'mutt & jeff'  Laughing We're probably close to the same 'everything' -- height, weight, hair color, age  Laughing

And of course -- we're both Scared Monkeys 

And neither of us will give up -- until there is Justice for Natalee  Sad

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 08:44:11 PM »

I remember that story from last football season, None Cool

No -- I don't think 2NJ and I resembled 'mutt & jeff'  Laughing We're probably close to the same 'everything' -- height, weight, hair color, age  Laughing

And of course -- we're both Scared Monkeys 

And neither of us will give up -- until there is Justice for Natalee  Sad

I, too, remember None & Lala's meeting...everything seems like yesterday...

:lol:We were two of the best looking Scared Monkeys in that room.

You are right, we definitely are not mutt & jeff.  I used to be around 5'81/2" or 5'9", but I may be shrinking, but I do clean up well (considering avatar), if I do say so myself.....Sharon is younger, most likely weighs less and a better communicator on the forum (love to read her posts), ...Our DH's don't like to dance, but we do!  Her DH is handsome and soft spoken......  Seems that many monkeys are drawn to the qualities in so many here...like minds, ethics, values, thoughts, humor, music....endless.

Our hearts & dedication to justice for Natalee is why we now can put a face to a screen name.  Makes our challenge a little more comforting...like we're sitting together, rather than states apart.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 08:48:06 AM »

NJSons-Mom, I have a request please.......

Please post more, I love your posts and your thoughts  Very Happy

I continue to stand with the girl.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 12:22:39 PM »

Me, too.

Always have.

Now, more so Cool Because I can read in her voice  Laughing Laughing

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 06:00:10 PM »

This is soooo cool to read, yippee !!!!!!!  Very Happy Two of my fave monkeys meet !!

I'll tell my story, Lala's and I met last fall at a football game. We were supposed to meet outside the stadium but little none and I had difficulty finding a parking space timely, but even when we got there - the crowd made it impossible to find them! So we began the cell phone tag game, it was almost comical for the crowd noise was too loud to hear your phone ring much less hear the other person? Anyway, finally I stood by a gate and buddied up with a security guy, I had him looking for her too  Laughing

just before kick-off, there she is !!!! Yea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her family is LOVELY and we must have hugged for days  Laughing I have photos and nearly held her hand we were just having so much fun being together.

I wouldn't have missed meeting her for the world, we make quite a pair too, me at six feet and I think she comes up to my shoulder?  Laughing Laughing I love my Lala's  Very Happy

you forgot to tell them that you called thecuz in the middle of the game so i could talk to two monkeys at one time...lol!!! actually...did not hear much but a lot of cheering...but it was the thought that count!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 06:21:22 PM »

Me, too.

Always have.

Now, more so Cool Because I can read in her voice  Laughing Laughing

Now, that's funny... Laughing  My NJ nasal voice...my sister sounds just like me...

& cuz, a conference call from the game....that says you are special. Wink

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 06:47:53 PM »

do you sound like fran dreshler(sp?) 2nj??? now i have that voice in my head...lol!!of course i have a southern accent...even tho i don't think i do...when i listen..omg Shocked none...has the the softest, most soothing,genteel voice...with a touch of southern bell...lol!!!
angie...has a very distinct accent too.....i guess pennsylvania is similar to nj(i will refrain from saying a yankee accent...lol)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 07:34:26 PM »

do you sound like fran dreshler(sp?) 2nj??? now i have that voice in my head...lol!!of course i have a southern accent...even tho i don't think i do...when i listen..omg Shocked none...has the the softest, most soothing,genteel voice...with a touch of southern bell...lol!!!
angie...has a very distinct accent too.....i guess pennsylvania is similar to nj(i will refrain from saying a yankee accent...lol)

I don't think my voice is like the Nanny's(think that's the right show w/Fran Drescher)...but, it is distinctively NJ'ish. Sharon, Help!!!   When I was just out of college 6 of us went on a 2 week vacation to California, Las Vegas & Grand Canyon.   In Las Vegas, we got into a cab and the driver asked us if we missed the mosquitos...we all said 'what?' Shocked He knew immediately where we were from just hearing us speak. We also didn't get the mosquito remark and he had to explain NJ was noted for them...they didn't teach us that in college.. Laughing We were flabbergasted.

I do have a brother who's lived in FL since graduating college.  He's got a litte southern accent after all these years...but he's lived in FL longer than he lived here.  I've learned that when someone thinks you talk funny, you are thinking the same about them...seriously, I have family in the midwest, Massachusetts and various other states..so it's been a fun thing to discuss when together.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 07:52:15 PM »

little harder to distinguish which southern state....i was in california in high school at a Denny's...the waitress asked if we were from Alabama Shocked i think people in alabama,georgia and miss have a lot bigger southern accents than arkansans     HAHA
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 08:22:02 PM »

Well, 2NJ, you do have a dinstinctively NJ sounding voice -- but nothing like Fran Drescher.  You sound like my nephews Laughing

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 08:37:33 PM »

little harder to distinguish which southern state....i was in california in high school at a Denny's...the waitress asked if we were from Alabama Shocked i think people in alabama,georgia and miss have a lot bigger southern accents than arkansans     HAHA

I was going to say that, too.  There's a difference between those from NC & SC...long ago worked with folks in NC but the CFO was born in SC...his 'southern' was thicker than those from NC.  It's even here in NY/NJ area.....I like to refer to it as regionalisms...

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.