March 29, 2024, 04:55:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Off Topic and NOT part of the CHAT Room  (Read 16007 times)
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 09:08:51 AM »

Hello....who am I, where am I and how the hell did I get here?

I predict a 'metaphysical' thread in our future  Laughing Laughing

morning nut!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2007, 09:11:19 AM »

sharon...you keep talking about the aarp and your age...you sure must be young at heart and body for all the running around you do..lol! you are always going somewhere!!! the concerts sound like a blast!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2007, 09:44:32 AM »

Morning Monkeys

anyone

I manged to find my back too  Shocked

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 10:04:56 AM »

IMO I am getting less happy being here for I don't know where to go... I feel left out. I see O?T on chat (where it types a letter every 3 seconds and types letters that I don't type) I heard right now they were Shango=ing on chat and well, I am not part of it..

They, including myself, are doing O.t on the LCD

I don't know where the H... to go and soon I won't care. Sorry, but I am feeling that way tonight

We had a good family thing.. now I feel i am in a bad marriage and have to get out!

Thanks for reading!

I need a roast ( Laughing Laughing Old Fart)
IBE

Even in a marriage things change and people have to talk things out and figure out the best way to handle the future.  So you had better not be planning on getting out !
I created this thread simply becuase I did not want to be chatty in the LCD and CHAT had 21 people in it  Shocked and things were moving just to fast..

So I will prob..  spend time in a number of rooms
Thanks for peeking in

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 10:16:44 AM »

Hi, Little IBE,
I don't post much any more.  I don't have anything to say.  I don't think my opinions are very welcome and it's not worth the effort.  I think Joran and/or the Kalpoes killed Natalee instead of Lorenzo and don't do Shango so I have nothing to contribute here.

I do try to read daily, however.  And I still miss Tyler and it has not been the same for me since she left but I sure don't blame her.  I am sure things will all work out and settle down for the best and you will get used to the new forum.  Maybe this will become the thread where all the Monkeys hang out eventually.  And I do read every day and will be checking on you.

Hang in there! 
Hugs from Anna

Anna
I you talk to Tyler please tell her HI for me.
With out anything new... what do we post about... We can rehash and rehash until we are .

See I'm still stuck on stupid..   something Paulis is not (when it comes to the law)  so why would he allow Joran to go with the HI lie... if he knew what happended to Natalee before Beth arrived?  And NO I do not think he has setting up a diverson story

Thanks for dropping in...

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2007, 10:32:58 AM »

Morning Folks

Oldfart what a nice thread to start. IMO seems there is much confusion lately where to post.. on topic..off topic.. etc.  Hopefully it will all be resolved. As far as chat goes.. I dont mind it.. but it is hard to keep up when there are alot of people. PM I dont mind if its someone I know. Check back later OF.. got things to do. have a great day everyone.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2007, 10:48:46 AM »

OldFart, people are slow to break habits at SM.  Give it time and others will contribute to your thread.  I will sound off  in a completely off topic, whoa-is-me moment.

I’m just shy of 6’-0” and always had a lean, muscular frame without much effort.  The past couple of years I have really started packing on the pounds.  My lousy eating habits have not changed, but my activity level has made a 180 degree turn.  That, in conjunction with all these blasted med’s I take, has caused me to gain weight by simply walking past food.  I’m not what would be considered obese, but I am so unlike my former self that it makes me miserable.

Some of it is due to fluid retention and at times the swelling seems as though it might split the skin wide open, but alas I take med’s for that too.  I’m not very happy with this senior citizen aspect of my life.  It is taking its toll on me mentally.  On my best day I feel like chit.  On my worst day I can hardly move. 

Blogs, forums and chat rooms have offered me a convenient method of communication and camaraderie that I appreciate.  I can stay in touch with the world to an extent, without physical expense.  In the broadest sense, it may very well keep me going at times. 

The friends I have made through this adventure are diverse and interesting.  I treasure each of them.  From my darkened home office I can reach out and communicate with people around the world in all walks of life.  I still find that amazing and so very touching.

For the past few weeks I have been feeling different.  Childhood memories flood my mind and old music makes me cry.  Every muscle in my body burns from exhaustion without good reason and my head feels as if it will split open like a ripe cantaloupe.  Not sure what it means, but it is dragging me down.  Plus, my feral friend sure has been giving me some funny looks lately.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2007, 12:40:14 PM »

Summer had lingered too long and the grass had gone from green to gray.  It wasn’t like any other season.  Even the heat had a chill and the harsh certainty of life embraced us all that season.

August 1968, breaking local news told us a young woman was missing.  Her car was found along a side road.  The hubcap of the back wheel lay in the road, spinning with each passing vehicle.  Not far from the car a battered body was found amidst the tall pines.  Her lifeless body had melded with the surroundings, but her glazed eyes were still fixed upon the killer.

This was my home town and I knew the investigation.  I knew the killer.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2007, 01:03:28 PM »

Hey Easy
Glad you found this place...
Got a feeling it will not be around long... but that is Ok too.

I like the free flowing of CHAT... when not real busy... but also like to be able to drop in somewhere and see what has been going on.

I have my hat.. and time to get back out into the heat... before it gets hotter...

Later

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2007, 01:08:10 PM »

OldFart ~ You have a slightly rakish, Indiana Jones look about you ~  Wink Wink
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2007, 02:00:14 PM »

TCU
 Laughing  IndyFart  Shocked   

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2007, 02:10:29 PM »

TCU
I like the sound of that ...... hmmmm ..... IndyFart  Wink
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2007, 02:16:59 PM »

TCU
I like the sound of that ...... hmmmm ..... IndyFart  Wink

I wonder if TIB would be thinking more on the lines of   FartDundee Laughing
It does have a ring to it... JMO of Course Laughing

yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2007, 02:46:21 PM »

I like "FartDundee" the best. ROFLMAO

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2007, 03:16:24 PM »

Amongst the gray clouds that circle overhead and drop from the sky.  A face is etched and willing.

Yes, Fartdundee has a ring....   lol
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2007, 03:24:58 PM »

Amongst the gray clouds that circle overhead and drop from the sky.  A face is etched and willing.

Yes, Fartdundee has a ring....   lol

Laughing  Little motor boat sounding , long drawn rippers,  SBD's,  and now the Dundee style (?)   Rolling Eyes

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2007, 04:26:48 PM »

OldFart, people are slow to break habits at SM.  Give it time and others will contribute to your thread.  I will sound off  in a completely off topic, whoa-is-me moment.

I’m just shy of 6’-0” and always had a lean, muscular frame without much effort.  The past couple of years I have really started packing on the pounds.  My lousy eating habits have not changed, but my activity level has made a 180 degree turn.  That, in conjunction with all these blasted med’s I take, has caused me to gain weight by simply walking past food.  I’m not what would be considered obese, but I am so unlike my former self that it makes me miserable.

Some of it is due to fluid retention and at times the swelling seems as though it might split the skin wide open, but alas I take med’s for that too.  I’m not very happy with this senior citizen aspect of my life.  It is taking its toll on me mentally.  On my best day I feel like chit.  On my worst day I can hardly move. 

Blogs, forums and chat rooms have offered me a convenient method of communication and camaraderie that I appreciate.  I can stay in touch with the world to an extent, without physical expense.  In the broadest sense, it may very well keep me going at times. 

The friends I have made through this adventure are diverse and interesting.  I treasure each of them.  From my darkened home office I can reach out and communicate with people around the world in all walks of life.  I still find that amazing and so very touching.

For the past few weeks I have been feeling different.  Childhood memories flood my mind and old music makes me cry.  Every muscle in my body burns from exhaustion without good reason and my head feels as if it will split open like a ripe cantaloupe.  Not sure what it means, but it is dragging me down.  Plus, my feral friend sure has been giving me some funny looks lately.

Easy, someone told me once that old age was not for sissys, and boy were they right. By the way, I just turned 70.
Worked until Nov. 2006, then I fell and broke my hip, and haven't been able to do much since.
I know people who have had hip replacements that are back doing the same things they were before, didn't turn out that way for me. Not complaining, I can still get around at home, and that is why the stores have the electric carts.
Glad you liked In Cold Blog, thought you would.

2 4 1
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2007, 04:45:40 PM »

Just a quick post...

I noticed we did not have a BLUE music thread. (not that I'm a big blue fan)
so here ya go
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2021.0

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2007, 07:07:31 PM »

Oldf:  I like your chat thread.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2007, 07:36:44 PM »

and I *believe* that Beth has confirmed with Red that she will do Dana's show....  Smile

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.