April 19, 2024, 05:39:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #1 8/12 - 8/17/2007  (Read 221690 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2007, 06:54:46 PM »

good job klaas and mrs red....i guess your suggestions to red & tom were welcomed.....now that i have looked around and know my surroundings...i really like this set up!

Good to see you, Cuz,

Yes, I think this will work well.  Anything about Natalee in the Natalee Thread/Threads with a link here (if the poster wants to put one).  With IE7 Tabbed browsing, one could in theory even have a tab open here and one in Natalee thread if fearful of missing something.  Or one for here and one for Front Page.

Don't know if that is OK to do or if Dugga would object to more than one tab being open in the Forum/Blog.  What do you think, Klaas?

See, this is where I'm confused. We tried to have a thread just for Natalee, and that was a problem, and most everyone ended up in Chat. Then, Klaas said this thread would be just like the old LCD, but real news about Natalee's case would be posted in the Natalee thread. However, it seems like people are now back to trying to talk about Natalee only in the Natalee thread.

I'm sooooo confused!!!!!  Sad

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2007, 06:54:54 PM »

good job klaas and mrs red....i guess your suggestions to red & tom were welcomed.....now that i have looked around and know my surroundings...i really like this set up!

Good to see you, Cuz,

Yes, I think this will work well.  Anything about Natalee in the Natalee Thread/Threads with a link here (if the poster wants to put one).  With IE7 Tabbed browsing, one could in theory even have a tab open here and one in Natalee thread if fearful of missing something.  Or one for here and one for Front Page.

Don't know if that is OK to do or if Dugga would object to more than one tab being open in the Forum/Blog.  What do you think, Klaas?

You can have as many tabs or browsers open that you want.  I usually have at least 3 forum tabs open at a time.
sandy leiva
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2007, 06:56:25 PM »

This is part of the conversation.  Thanks Sandy.

A nos sa cu nos a hasi tur kos cu tawata di hasi. Esaki lo NO caba Aruba.=we know there are those  of us that will want to break it all up. that will not finish us.

Hopi bon  hopefully

Mi ta kere cu nos lo crece mas ainda!!!
we may see what is believed  later or in the future or ahead

nos cu nos ta bon hende, cu no lo permiti hende lastra nos nomber.
there are good people who woulnt let our names be dragged in the mud.

Mi ta kere nos 3 plus jairo y leila a hasi un bon job aki riba……cos twt mustra basta malo na principio………….
Me plus the three and Jairo and leila are doing a good job up here  
and have shown nothing bad since the begining.

Native, si en berdad cos tawata mustra hopi malo, tawatin hende aki den cu twt bisa cos hopi hopi loko mes.

[/quote

Native truthfully if something appears very bad as you say
i hop you tell us of this very very bad mess
not literal translation but close
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2007, 06:58:40 PM »

Klaas,
Would Monkeys having more than one tab open make the forum run more slowly?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2007, 07:00:10 PM »

I have two open right now and the Page creation speed is .09 or super fast.  But is we all have multiple tabs, would it get slower, I wonder.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2007, 07:02:26 PM »

Good morning Monkeys.

This is great - I no longer feel like a displaced monkey  Laughing
And we have our favourite monkeys all back together again.

Monday morning here and a busy day ahead so will be popping in and out all day.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2007, 07:07:46 PM »

Klaas,
Would Monkeys having more than one tab open make the forum run more slowly?

I don't think so Anna
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2007, 07:10:45 PM »

Good to see you, Cuz,

I have three tabs open with IE7 on the forum and another opened with AOL Shocked
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2007, 07:13:30 PM »

Sandy
Thanks, That makes perfect sense to me now.  You are wonderful!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #189 on: August 12, 2007, 07:17:55 PM »

Good to see you, Cuz,

See, this is where I'm confused. We tried to have a thread just for Natalee, and that was a problem, and most everyone ended up in Chat. Then, Klaas said this thread would be just like the old LCD, but real news about Natalee's case would be posted in the Natalee thread. However, it seems like people are now back to trying to talk about Natalee only in the Natalee thread.

Geez BT your post has me confused!

It makes sense to me to have the NH discussions in Natalee's own thread and all the other everyday day stuff in this thread.  I am sure an occasional mention of Natalee would not be frowned on here but it is easier for everyone to keep their thoughts and discussions on track with separate threads.
Guess it just makes more for Klaas to oversee though. I can imagine her sitting in front of a row of monitors watching each thread like a security camera network Laughing Laughing

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: August 12, 2007, 07:26:23 PM »

Good to see you, Cuz,

It makes sense to me to have the NH discussions in Natalee's own thread and all the other everyday day stuff in this thread.  I am sure an occasional mention of Natalee would not be frowned on here but it is easier for everyone to keep their thoughts and discussions on track with separate threads.
Guess it just makes more for Klaas to oversee though. I can imagine her sitting in front of a row of monitors watching each thread like a security camera network Laughing Laughing

An occasional discussion of Natalee isn't frowned upon here because most of the time we are going over old stuff.  But if it is something new that is discovered and discussed it should be in the NH thread (Photos, court date, etc).

This is what Klaas posted in the beginning of the thread:

This thread will be like the old LCD thread.  We only request that if you have actual news, photos or pertenant facts on specific cases you post in the proper area.

Example:  If you have a news article or photo or specific information on the NH or other MP cases please post in either the NH thread or the MP thread.  If you have information on a court date in the NH case, please post in the NH thread, etc.

If you really just want to chat about silly stuff, please go to the chat room.

Other than that, discussion about all topics is welcome and this thread will act as our "meeting place and hang out".

Laughing

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: August 12, 2007, 07:35:54 PM »

Good to see you, Cuz,

I completely agree, Tibro.  It isn't confusing at all.  Discuss Natalee in her thread and Current Events and other things that don't have a thread of their own here as well as a link to announcements made in any of the different threads/forums if poster wants to.

PERSONA NON GRATA

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: August 12, 2007, 07:38:55 PM »

Hey Anna!what is IE7 tab browsing....and how do i do it? i can open different window of different threads and just bounce back and forth...but this has my curiosity up...easier way?
sandy leiva
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #193 on: August 12, 2007, 07:39:57 PM »

Good to see you, Cuz,

An occasional discussion of Natalee isn't frowned upon here because most of the time we are going over old stuff.  But if it is something new that is discovered and discussed it should be in the NH thread (Photos, court date, etc).

This is what Klaas posted in the beginning of the thread:

This thread will be like the old LCD thread.  We only request that if you have actual news, photos or pertenant facts on specific cases you post in the proper area.

Example:  If you have a news article or photo or specific information on the NH or other MP cases please post in either the NH thread or the MP thread.  If you have information on a court date in the NH case, please post in the NH thread, etc.

If you really just want to chat about silly stuff, please go to the chat room.

Other than that, discussion about all topics is welcome and this thread will act as our "meeting place and hang out".

Laughing

i get the concept of the boards I have 3 windows open and find it hard to keep up also it seems a little fragmented at times( makes our dicussions fragmented) I loved the old way where you could just jump right in in one thread. for the most part the majority of monkeys posted on subject. I fell that his fragments our monkys, but am willing to give it the old try.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 07:50:04 PM by San » Logged
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2007, 07:45:40 PM »

the biggest plus is for people who work and don't have as much computer time...it takes so long to look for any new news. this way...you can go to the natalee thread...get all the news and any new ideas out there being discussed...and then if you have time go and catch up with all your monkey friends and just shoot the bull! Razz
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2007, 07:49:09 PM »

the biggest plus is for people who work and don't have as much computer time...it takes so long to look for any new news. this way...you can go to the natalee thread...get all the news and any new ideas out there being discussed...and then if you have time go and catch up with all your monkey friends and just shoot the bull! Razz

Exactly Cuz - also for new people to the forum.
sandy leiva
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2007, 07:50:25 PM »

Sandy
Thanks, That makes perfect sense to me now.  You are wonderful!
your welcom lala'smom hope i got it all right. I have to laugh cause my job wanted me to translate for a pt that speaks portugese, oh my goodness what a headache i had, all i learned was that the lady was pregnant by a cat!  (lol)  portugese very very different lanquagettyl in the shango thread.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2007, 07:54:31 PM »

Klaas - just want to clarify something. Please bear with me. It takes sock monkeys a little longer to catch on to things sometimes.

It's okay to discuss Natalee here like we always did, unless there is some serious news/case development, and then that should be posted in the other Natalee thread?

For instance, we can still speculate, discuss our theories, etc., here, but an announcement about Beth's book tour would go in the other thread?

Thanks. Maybe I'll get it soon.

If it's just speculation or "musings" it's ok here unless it gets out of hand.  If you want to bring up a theory and discuss it at length then it really should go in the NH thread.  NEWS, PHOTOS, S&S should all really go in the NH forum.

If you hear a rumor that Joran is in Aruba, it's OK to post it here.  If you find out it's fact it should really be in the NH thread.  Not sure if that's the best example.  Links pertaining to the case, Diario article, etc should not be posted here but in the NH forum.

This is not a NH thread it's a current events thread.  So discussing any current events is OK.  Events that may lead to further discussion should be in their own thread or forum.

Is that confusing enough for you?  LOL  Laughing

IF YOU HEAR JORAN IS IN ARUBA EMAIL KLAASSSSSS asap so she can find PIX!!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2007, 07:57:36 PM »

Thanks, San.  I had read that at the beginning of the thread but was trying to sort out what BT had posted  Rolling Eyes
Reminds me of  a newspaper - news sections, sport, social pages etc all having their own threads and for the comics section you go to the chat room.  Very Happy

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2007, 08:00:58 PM »

Hey Anna!what is IE7 tab browsing....and how do i do it? i can open different window of different threads and just bounce back and forth...but this has my curiosity up...easier way?

Internet Explorer Version 7 has little index tabs at the top of the page that show which site you are on.  I put more than one on SM and still can do two other sites open at the same time.  Maybe more, haven't tried, but they are shown as little tabs at the top of the page and you can close them one by one.

You may be doing this but I didn't know what else to call it but tabbed browser.  If you have the last version of Internet Explorer, I think this is what you are doing, too.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.