April 18, 2024, 10:03:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #1 8/12 - 8/17/2007  (Read 221664 times)
Rooscrew
Scared Monkey

« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2007, 08:03:19 PM »

Nice new home we got here.  Smile  Thanks Red, Dugga, Mrs. Red & Klaas!

Congratulations *******, you'll make a great mod. Smile

Welcome back Eleye!

Roos~

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2007, 08:10:50 PM »

Hey Anna!what is IE7 tab browsing....and how do i do it? i can open different window of different threads and just bounce back and forth...but this has my curiosity up...easier way?

Internet Explorer Version 7 has little index tabs at the top of the page that show which site you are on.  I put more than one on SM and still can do two other sites open at the same time.  Maybe more, haven't tried, but they are shown as little tabs at the top of the page and you can close them one by one.

You may be doing this but I didn't know what else to call it but tabbed browser.  If you have the last version of Internet Explorer, I think this is what you are doing, too.

Anna - I have 6 IE7 tabs (3 are SM).  You can open another IE browser window and have another bunch of tabs there too.  I don't think there is a limit to how many tabs or how many browsers you have open.  Only in how much demand it puts on your own PC as far as memory goes.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2007, 08:15:02 PM »

Hey Anna!what is IE7 tab browsing....and how do i do it? i can open different window of different threads and just bounce back and forth...but this has my curiosity up...easier way?

Internet Explorer Version 7 has little index tabs at the top of the page that show which site you are on.  I put more than one on SM and still can do two other sites open at the same time.  Maybe more, haven't tried, but they are shown as little tabs at the top of the page and you can close them one by one.

You may be doing this but I didn't know what else to call it but tabbed browser.  If you have the last version of Internet Explorer, I think this is what you are doing, too.

Anna - I have 6 IE7 tabs (3 are SM).  You can open another IE browser window and have another bunch of tabs there too.  I don't think there is a limit to how many tabs or how many browsers you have open.  Only in how much demand it puts on your own PC as far as memory goes.

Yep.....that's how it works. If your puter can handle it you can have endless open.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2007, 08:15:55 PM »

It is very helpful with the tabs.  I had a lot of tabs open because I felt I had to be every where but I realize I can just keep two open for SM.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2007, 08:21:08 PM »

Has everyone noticed the monkey on the IE tab(s)? I think that's new ... we're real uptown now ...

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2007, 08:22:46 PM »

Has everyone noticed the monkey on the IE tab(s)? I think that's new ... we're real uptown now ...

Yes, and a monkey icon on Desktop, too!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #206 on: August 12, 2007, 08:25:34 PM »

Hummm. I don't see a monkey on my desktop. Do I need to "send it there" ... ?

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2007, 08:25:58 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/11/parlor.attack.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Man arrested after attack on 4 grandmothers at beauty salon

and with a hammer no less!   Sad

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: August 12, 2007, 08:27:22 PM »

You might right click and refresh.  Mine just appeared on its own.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: August 12, 2007, 08:37:40 PM »

For a monkey to show up on your desktop you have to "right mouse click" on this website and say "create shortcut". That will put a shortcut icon on your desktop that should be a monkey  Wink
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2007, 09:01:53 PM »

How do you shortcut on Firefox?
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2007, 09:03:06 PM »

Hi Monkeys, I am experimenting with my Internet explorer, and tabbed browsing etc. I have never used internet explorer before LMAO (seriously) I have always just used the AOL browser all these years.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2007, 09:15:10 PM »

COOL.....learn something new everyday around here....when it is saved...which i just did from this thread...does that mean i will already be logged in? may not be a good thing in case someone else uses my puter...don't anyone pretending to be thecuz....lol
For a monkey to show up on your desktop you have to "right mouse click" on this website and say "create shortcut". That will put a shortcut icon on your desktop that should be a monkey  Wink
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2007, 09:17:07 PM »

Where is everyone?
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2007, 09:19:42 PM »

Where is everyone?

Hi Elain, I'm here.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2007, 09:19:51 PM »

I don't know CUZ, but maybe last thing, logout and close the SM windows?  Then the next one to use your puter wouldn't have a clue where you had been.  At least that is what I think but others know far more about that than me.  No one else uses my computer so I don't have to use care in that regard.

Although I have suspected the dogs a few times when strange items arrive in dog food orders like toys!   Razz

PERSONA NON GRATA

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2007, 09:22:48 PM »

It should be there msmarple I just did it to mine and it showed up.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2007, 09:26:05 PM »

Where is everyone?

Hi Elain, I'm here.
Hiya San!
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2007, 09:27:53 PM »

I don't know CUZ, but maybe last thing, logout and close the SM windows?  Then the next one to use your puter wouldn't have a clue where you had been.  At least that is what I think but others know far more about that than me.  No one else uses my computer so I don't have to use care in that regard.

Although I have suspected the dogs a few times when strange items arrive in dog food orders like toys!   Razz
LOL
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2007, 09:28:54 PM »

well, i logged out...closed the window...went to desktop and clicked on my cute little monkey...brought me right here to this thread but i still had to log on.......so that is a good thing!! thanks...this is even better than just added to my favorites!.
i don't think anybody would try to impersonate me....anyways...i bet ya'll would know right away....especially if they started posting with correct capitalization and punctuation...lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.