April 20, 2024, 08:25:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #1 8/12 - 8/17/2007  (Read 221706 times)
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: August 13, 2007, 12:08:54 AM »

BlueKYGirl ~ Well, I'm exhausted just reading what's happening ~ this isn't too tactful...but, do they not *get* it? 

And, you're right; they probably feel so comfortable and you are so gracious, that they feel totally at home.....a great compliment to you.  Very Happy

As my MIL says, just take to the bed the minute they leave.  Rolling Eyes Like who has time for that. 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: August 13, 2007, 12:11:39 AM »

Listening to internet radio and the guy says the British press is reporting more dismally on the miners, things like hope is fading, time is running out, would take a miracle as the hope for enough oxygen fades.

So sad for so many families.  Not looking good.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: August 13, 2007, 12:14:41 AM »

It sounds like this new drilling area will take several days, and then the guys trying to go in parallel by clearing a path are only a third of the way inside......this is bad bad bad.   Sad
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: August 13, 2007, 12:21:05 AM »

Heading for the Monkey Bunkey!  BlueKY, if there is any way to send those guests in a taxi, please consider doing so.  You do NOT want to be upset while pregnant any more than necessary and I would have no qualms about putting them in a cab and waving good bye from my doorway! 

Guess I am not the good hostess you are but we all have limitations.

Goodnight, all!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
BlueKYGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #304 on: August 13, 2007, 12:24:39 AM »

I have a real thing about people who are not considerate of others who are pregnant, guess you can tell!  That was one time I did demand to be given special consideration and would just balk like anything at doing anything that made me feel uncomfortable no matter how minor it was.  I think we know we have limitations at that time we don't normally have and others need to adjust to them.

JMO

I'm back and want to thank you all for your sweet, warm wishes and understanding.

I agree, Anna--pregnancy seems to have given me a huge sense of entitlement (to comfort, mostly), and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
BlueKYGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #305 on: August 13, 2007, 12:33:21 AM »

It seems that everyone is going to sleep, so I wanted to say goodnight to all and thank you again for your words of support. It means a lot to know there are those who understand and are listening.

I just had an epiphany about motherhood which I hope will help me. It had to do with my husband's weekend more than mine--if anyone in his family had once been understanding of the fact that he is constantly buried in work, if anyone had been kind enough to think about things from his perspective and say, "It's OK--go do what you need to do--we understand. You're not required to be here," and made him feel less obligated to be there for every second of the weekend's activities, it certainly would have helped him a lot.

I'm going to treat this whole neverending horrible weekend as a lesson in empathy and understanding that will prevent me from putting unrealistic expectations on my own child, and understanding when he/she is doing all he/she can.

Goodnight, friends.  Smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: August 13, 2007, 12:42:40 AM »

Nite BlueKYgirl
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: August 13, 2007, 12:45:56 AM »

'Nite to BlueKYGirl ~ Tomorrow night will be a blessing ~ 
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #308 on: August 13, 2007, 03:56:10 AM »

Sorry I missed you, Lala's.  I was dinking back and forth. 

Take care, BlueKYGirl.  I would be furious about my duvet cover and all the other insults.  You are pregnant and you need to be thinking about your health and that of the baby which is directly tied to yours.  I know hard work never hurt us, but when it is in the heat in the midst of a pregnancy, that is a bit much and besides the emotional roller coaster with ruining your nice linens and leaving a mess for you to clean up.  I would be jumping up and down like a fat shortstop.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Altruist
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: August 13, 2007, 04:16:49 AM »

O/T

My father-in-law, sister-in-law, and sister-in-law's husband's aunt have been staying with us since Thursday afternoon, and I just found out they're staying until tomorrow at 3 o'clock, at which point I'll have the privelege of driving them to the airport during rush hour. For the past three days we have done nothing but sit in the car or the hot sun, waiting to cheer for them in this fundraising walk they were doing...and if anyone ever uttered a complaint about being the least bit uncomfortable, it was rendered illegitimate by the fact that we hadn't walked 20 miles that day (never mind that I am four-and-a-half months pregnant, and it does take a certain amount of time and energy to create and incubate a human life for nine months...I realize that pales in comparison to long-distance walking).

My husband has gotten no work done this weekend and is in a terrible mood. My guests have washed a white towel with colors (there's a reason why my towels are fluffy, white, and beautiful--and it's because I only wash them with other whites), run a Waterford highball glass through the dishwasher, practically gone through every linen tea towel I own, and one actually doctored the boils on her feet on a white duvet cover on my grandmother's antique bed. (Ever heard of doing first aid in a bathroom?)

I have had one round of houseguests after another continuously since August 2. I thought they'd be leaving tomorrow morning and I could go on to have a somewhat normal day. Now I have to cancel my lunch plans, and I have less than a day to get my house back in order, design a poster as a favor, and pack for my trip home.

I am seriously about to cry and have no one to talk to.

/vent

Thanks; I feel better. I have to keep telling myself these things would never happen to me if I weren't such a d*mn good hostess.

I am going to suggest to you that you come up with a LIST OF HOUSE RULES, print it out on your computer, or hand print on nice paper & put in a frame, use colors of your bathroom & place it where ALL CAN READ.

That's a sure way of knowing whether they should ever be your house guest again or you call the nearest hotel/motel when they are going to be in the area & you can provide them the phone number as they DIDN'T FOLLOW the house rules.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: August 13, 2007, 09:15:38 AM »

Good Morning Everybody!!  Smile

Can't stay.  Have meetings off and on all day.  Painters are coming in a little bit.  Gonna be one heck of a week.

This is for BlueKYGirl  ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))       You are much nicer than I am because I would have already lost it.  You be careful in this heat.  You know we're all Aunts and Uncles around here with your baby. Take care girl.  Anna's right.  Tell them to take a cab. 

Ya'll have a wonderful day. 
JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #311 on: August 13, 2007, 09:28:30 AM »

Hi, everyone,

Just a reminder: a few upcoming travel shows

Here's your chance to get out there and stand up for Natalee!

Please check the tourism thread for details

any questions/comments/help,
Please contact Vicki
 VolunteersforNatalee@gmail.com.

Thanks!

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #312 on: August 13, 2007, 10:10:30 AM »

Good Morning all..

Quick question, what happened to our home decorating thread?

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: August 13, 2007, 10:12:19 AM »

Good Morning all..

Quick question, what happened to our home decorating thread?

Is this the thread.  It is now in the Lounge.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2025.0
JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #314 on: August 13, 2007, 10:21:56 AM »

Important dates: 6 upcoming shows!

Chicago Ill Show-Motivation Show at  McCormick Place-Sept25,26th and the 27th.
Minnesota Travel Show-October 27th and 28th
Atlantic City NJ-October 30th and 31st-Trump Taj Mahal
King of Prussia PA Valley Forge Convention Center November 17th and18th
Ft Lauderdale-November.. I will be at this one...
Luxury Travel Show-Vegas- December 4-6th....

VolunteersforNatalee@gmail.com

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 11:23:25 AM by klaasend » Logged

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #315 on: August 13, 2007, 10:25:06 AM »

Sorry I missed you, Lala's.  I was dinking back and forth. 

Take care, BlueKYGirl.  I would be furious about my duvet cover and all the other insults.  You are pregnant and you need to be thinking about your health and that of the baby which is directly tied to yours.  I know hard work never hurt us, but when it is in the heat in the midst of a pregnancy, that is a bit much and besides the emotional roller coaster with ruining your nice linens and leaving a mess for you to clean up.  I would be jumping up and down like a fat shortstop.

YEA !!!!!!!!!!! She's back, we love you our fat shortstop  Laughing Laughing

You crack me UP  Laughing Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #316 on: August 13, 2007, 10:25:37 AM »

Please note:

typo in e-mail address:

Should read: gmail not gmal

Klaas: could you please fix it? Thanks

Antonio Carlo
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #317 on: August 13, 2007, 10:25:38 AM »

Lalas,  I am terrified of mice.  Much more so than spiders that I can just smush.  Mice have TEETH.  Big ones, too.  You were right to have DH handle the matter.

But see what I mean about vacuum cleaners?  They are just plain evil at times.  I swear a couple of mine have been possessed.  In addition the the one trying to kill me about the hot embers, once there was a bug on the lip of an aquarium and so I thought I could just slurp it up with the vacuum but instead, without my touching it at all for I was VERY careful not to do so, the next thing I knew, water was shorting out the vacuum and I was knocked for a loop!  It just slurped up the water on its own without my actually touching it!

Dangerous appliances! 

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #318 on: August 13, 2007, 10:26:19 AM »

Will there be a memorial service for the passing of FOB?  Razz Laughing Razz
Vicki
Scared Monkey

« Reply #319 on: August 13, 2007, 10:37:07 AM »

Important dates: 6 upcoming shows!

Chicago Ill Show-Motivation Show at  McCormick Place-Sept25,26th and the 27th.
Minnesota Travel Show-October 27th and 28th
Atlantic City NJ-October 30th and 31st-Trump Taj Mahal
King of Prussia PA Valley Forge Convention Center November 17th and18th
Ft Lauderdale-November.. I will be at this one...
Luxury Travel Show-Vegas- December 4-6th....

VolunteersforNatalee@gmail.com

Thanks Justice... and anyone who wants to attend. Dont be shy and dont feel you must stay the whole time. Anything at all is welcome. Have a great day everyone

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 11:25:26 AM by klaasend » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.