April 18, 2024, 11:05:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #1 8/12 - 8/17/2007  (Read 221665 times)
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: August 13, 2007, 10:56:31 PM »

Hey ...
What the heck is going on..
I run to the store...
Compose a post in the Lounge on   ummm flatulence
Come out and you are arguing in the the use of OLD..

Long story made short.
Under 16 ...
My dad's brother shows up at the house... asks where is your dad.
I said... Harold ... "The Old Man... is up at the firehouse"
He gives me a stange look and asks Old... is that  spelled ... O l d    or   O l e
I replied  O l d   which was the wrong thing to say..
I do not remember much of the verbage he used but the tone was very clear  and I do remember that he said if  "IF I EVER CALLED HIM HAROLD WITHOUT  "UNCLE" IN FRONT OF IT" he was going to have to have a talk my Dad about propper manners.  Shocked

To this day some 40+ years later it is always Uncle Harold... Smile

You learned life's lesson well.   Laughing Laughing Laughing

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #481 on: August 13, 2007, 10:59:07 PM »

I hope so AzSunny...

BTW  what was the temp there today ???

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #482 on: August 13, 2007, 11:04:01 PM »

I hope so AzSunny...

Only 114.  must be a cold front!  It is so hot out it is hard to be out there more than 5 minutes.  I had some hard working men working on refinishing my patio today. We kept saying, it is OK to quit, come back when it is cooler.  They wouldn't leave!  We brought them ice cold towels for the heads, invited them in the house to cool off, gave them ice water, and a cold corona when they were done.  We also said, jump in the pool when you need to.  they just kept going and going.  unbelievable. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #483 on: August 13, 2007, 11:11:34 PM »

I hope so AzSunny...

Only 114.  must be a cold front!  It is so hot out it is hard to be out there more than 5 minutes.  I had some hard working men working on refinishing my patio today. We kept saying, it is OK to quit, come back when it is cooler.  They wouldn't leave!  We brought them ice cold towels for the heads, invited them in the house to cool off, gave them ice water, and a cold corona when they were done.  We also said, jump in the pool when you need to.  they just kept going and going.  unbelievable. 

I do NOT  thinkg they expected your  generosity.. But with you have them back   they will remember it..

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #484 on: August 13, 2007, 11:24:39 PM »

SeeYaByeeee   Gang

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: August 13, 2007, 11:34:51 PM »

Nite Oldfart
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: August 13, 2007, 11:48:56 PM »

SeeYaByeeee   Gang

Whoops.  I guess I just missed Oldf.

How are the rest of ya'll doing here in the Musing dept.?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: August 13, 2007, 11:57:06 PM »

Since there isn't much going on here in the Musings Dept.     Think I will take myself off to bed.  Nite-All

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: August 13, 2007, 11:58:02 PM »

SeeYaByeeee   Gang

Whoops.  I guess I just missed Oldf.

How are the rest of ya'll doing here in the Musing dept.?

Hi Muffy, I am fine how about you.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #489 on: August 14, 2007, 12:00:55 AM »

Hi, everyone...I'm just catching up here and then moving on to other threads...it stinks whe you catch up and everyone is going to sleep....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #490 on: August 14, 2007, 12:02:24 AM »

Hi, Muffy ~ How are you holding up in our Texas heat?  I can't believe we are having to water after all the rains and flooding we had a month ago.  Shocked Shocked
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: August 14, 2007, 12:44:37 AM »

OK, just got back into the cage this evening/night and no way can I read all the way back. 

I just wanted to say that I think this is working well despite a few holdouts because today we discussed things in the Musings Thread that many of us would never have felt free to do in a Thread about a missing and presumed deceased child.  Some interesting stories were shared.

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: August 14, 2007, 01:09:08 AM »

Here is the current Drought Monitor and as you can see the area is once again expanding for the drought in Alabama.

http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html

I hate to whine all the time but we have had no real rain in so long and 103 degrees every day this week is going to finish off all the small vegetation like grass.  We are not allowed to water or at least have been shamed into not doing so as we have no way of knowing when it will rain again.

I can't even think outside when it is this hot.  Don't know how AZSunny can stand 114 but do know it is not humid there like here.  Not humid in my over, either, as Johnny Carson used to say about that.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

crazymom
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #493 on: August 14, 2007, 01:14:24 AM »

Here is the current Drought Monitor and as you can see the area is once again expanding for the drought in Alabama.

http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html

I hate to whine all the time but we have had no real rain in so long and 103 degrees every day this week is going to finish off all the small vegetation like grass.  We are not allowed to water or at least have been shamed into not doing so as we have no way of knowing when it will rain again.

I can't even think outside when it is this hot.  Don't know how AZSunny can stand 114 but do know it is not humid there like here.  Not humid in my over, either, as Johnny Carson used to say about that.

Hey Anna,
I understand about the not being able to think!  It is hot in AR as well not as dry as you guys have been but we really need the rain.  I am going to bed but wanted to say Hey!

See ya tomorrow.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: August 14, 2007, 01:35:28 AM »

Crazymom, I have a good friend in Jonesboro Arkansas and he keeps me posted on the weather.  Yes, it is as hot and some days hotter there as well as humid.

It's the dust that is killing my asthma here.  I live with inhaler in hand these days.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #495 on: August 14, 2007, 06:38:25 AM »

Yes San, DiHannah, Me, Klaasend all worked on it in various stages... I was pretty pleased with how it turned out...it would have never happened with out DiHannah and San....

and man, the recipes rock... I swear I gained 10 lbs when I first got it from using it constantly ... and actually, I stiull use it pretty much three or four times a week...

Mrs Red,

If you happen to have an extra one, I would like to get in line for one....check MO or Paypal?

Destiny....yes, I collect cookbooks Wink

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #496 on: August 14, 2007, 08:31:46 AM »

Having all of the page numbers available at the bottom is fantastic!! Smile

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #497 on: August 14, 2007, 09:10:06 AM »

I agree wreck !! It rocks !!!!!!!!!

It's been 112 to 115 here with the heat index over the last week, I was up at 5am rolling out the trash cans and watering the flowers. We've lived with designated watering days and watering bans for the last 7 years, due to an ongoing drought. This spring was the only time that we had real rain in forever and consistently, which was good for I suspect all the trees in my yard would be toppling over if not for that.

My upstairs home office is so hot I had to move in an industrial fan last week, only good thing is I can't hear as well on my conference calls due to the noise of it, but that might be a blessing at times  Laughing I just keep my mute button on if I don't have anything to say, and enjoy the roaring sound of the fan ! If I kept my upstairs cool I'd be bankrupt too !

Hi-ho, back to work.......and Peaches here is a {{ HUG }} for you today !!!

I continue to stand with the girl.
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #498 on: August 14, 2007, 10:11:38 AM »

Having all of the page numbers available at the bottom is fantastic!! Smile

Good. I was hoping it would be well received. There are some little hacks that allow you to enter in the page numbers directly, but they're a bit clunky for my taste. Instead, I am going to try to work out a different method myself. But in the meantime, especially since we typically rotate popular threads at 50, this might be a nice solution.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #499 on: August 14, 2007, 10:20:01 AM »

MATTEL RECALLING MORE THAN 9 MILLION TOYS -- MANY MADE IN CHINA --
 BECAUSE OF LEAD PAINT AND DANGEROUS MAGNETS

**Watch FOX News Channel or go to http://foxnews.com for more

Will there be another suicide in China?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.