April 23, 2024, 03:11:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #1 8/12 - 8/17/2007  (Read 221747 times)
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #520 on: August 14, 2007, 04:43:38 PM »

klaas - I saw that story this a.m. too.

Something might have been clipped from the one you posted. He AND the leg made it to the hospital, but the leg had been crushed.

Especially since it was below the knee, I guess it is remotely possible that it could have been re-attached. ??

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #521 on: August 14, 2007, 04:57:13 PM »

Is this possible?  I find it's hard to believe!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293181,00.html

Japanese Biker Unknowingly Loses Leg, Continues Ride Shocked
<< Snip >>

If he did know.. & kept going  what the heck had he been consuming  Shocked Rare occurance ... but yes I think it could happen  --  our body does have a ways of protecting itself by shutting certain things down at times.

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #522 on: August 14, 2007, 05:35:23 PM »

Anyone familiar with the Fort Myers Eight?  I wasn’t until I came across the story on MSNBC.com and did a little research?  It is a very interesting situation, but it has not received much attention from MSM.

In March a land surveyor discovered a human skull in a wooded area near Fort Myers, FL and alerted the authorities.  A search recovered the skeletal remains of eight men scattered about.  Several theories have been bouncing around, but the most dominant one is that it was a dumping ground for a serial killer.

Fort Myers police are turning to the public for help identifying eight adult men whose skeletal remains were found this spring in a wooded area on the east side of the city.

Authorities said they still don’t know how the men died, but they described healed injuries and dental work the men are thought to have had in life. The men, who likely died between 1980 and 2000, were identified as follows:

Individual 1: A white man in his late 20s to early 40s. Between 5 feet 2 inches and 5 feet 7 inches tall. In life, he was injured in both calves and ankles; had healed fractures to his ribs and chest. Was in the worst shape dentally, authorities say; he was the only one without current dental care. Had large, unfilled cavities that were probably painful and had bone loss.

Individual 2: A white male between 20 and 39. Between 5 feet 6 inches and 6 feet tall. Has a well-healed fracture in his right calf. No wisdom teeth, four pre-molars extracted. Dental work current at the time of death.

Individual 3: A white male in his 20s or 30s. Current dental work, no unfilled decay.

Individual 4: A white male in his 20s or 30s. Has all four wisdom teeth.

Individual 5: A white male between 18 and 26. Between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet tall. Current dental work, no fillings that were retrieved. Has three out of four wisdom teeth.

Individual 6: A white male in his late 20s to early 40s. Between 5 feet 10 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall. May have complained of back and hip pain. Has all four wisdom teeth.

Individual 7: A white male, also possibly of Hispanic lineage, in his 20s or 30s. Between 5 feet 11 inches and 6 feet 3 inches tall. Had a fracture in his right wrist or forearm. Dental work current, no unfilled decay, but there was decay visible on X-rays. Authorities say he might not have known about it.

Individual 8: A white male in his 20s or 30s. Between 5 feet 6 inches and 6 feet tall. Had well-developed muscle on his collar bones, upper arms and chest — possibly an athlete or held a job or had habitual behavior that involved heavy lifting. Dental work current, no unfilled decay. Silver fillings on posterior teeth; has all four wisdom teeth.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: August 14, 2007, 05:44:50 PM »

klaas - I saw that story this a.m. too.

Something might have been clipped from the one you posted. He AND the leg made it to the hospital, but the leg had been crushed.

Especially since it was below the knee, I guess it is remotely possible that it could have been re-attached. ??

Well what I mean is the fact he kept driving/riding his motorcycle for 1.2 miles?  I would think you'ld notice it.
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #524 on: August 14, 2007, 05:55:57 PM »

Anyone familiar with the Fort Myers Eight?  I wasn’t until I came across the story on MSNBC.com and did a little research?  It is a very interesting situation, but it has not received much attention from MSM.

In March a land surveyor discovered a human skull in a wooded area near Fort Myers, FL and alerted the authorities.  A search recovered the skeletal remains of eight men scattered about.  Several theories have been bouncing around, but the most dominant one is that it was a dumping ground for a serial killer.

Fort Myers police are turning to the public for help identifying eight adult men whose skeletal remains were found this spring in a wooded area on the east side of the city.

Authorities said they still don’t know how the men died, but they described healed injuries and dental work the men are thought to have had in life. The men, who likely died between 1980 and 2000, were identified as follows:

Individual 1: A white man in his late 20s to early 40s. Between 5 feet 2 inches and 5 feet 7 inches tall. In life, he was injured in both calves and ankles; had healed fractures to his ribs and chest. Was in the worst shape dentally, authorities say; he was the only one without current dental care. Had large, unfilled cavities that were probably painful and had bone loss.

Individual 2: A white male between 20 and 39. Between 5 feet 6 inches and 6 feet tall. Has a well-healed fracture in his right calf. No wisdom teeth, four pre-molars extracted. Dental work current at the time of death.

Individual 3: A white male in his 20s or 30s. Current dental work, no unfilled decay.

Individual 5: A white male between 18 and 26. Between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet tall. Current dental work, no fillings that were retrieved. Has three out of four wisdom teeth.

Individual 6: A white male in his late 20s to early 40s. Between 5 feet 10 inches and 5 feet 11 inches tall. May have complained of back and hip pain. Has all four wisdom teeth.

Individual 7: A white male, also possibly of Hispanic lineage, in his 20s or 30s. Between 5 feet 11 inches and 6 feet 3 inches tall. Had a fracture in his right wrist or forearm. Dental work current, no unfilled decay, but there was decay visible on X-rays. Authorities say he might not have known about it.

Individual 8: A white male in his 20s or 30s. Between 5 feet 6 inches and 6 feet tall. Had well-developed muscle on his collar bones, upper arms and chest — possibly an athlete or held a job or had habitual behavior that involved heavy lifting. Dental work current, no unfilled decay. Silver fillings on posterior teeth; has all four wisdom teeth.

Yikes. That's pretty Grizzly. I wonder why this hasn't been all over the news?

And why does so much bizarro stuff seem to happen in Florida?
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #525 on: August 14, 2007, 06:38:44 PM »

Yikes. That's pretty Grizzly. I wonder why this hasn't been all over the news?

And why does so much bizarro stuff seem to happen in Florida?

I’ve often wondered why Florida has such a claim to fame.  Some say that the moderate climate attracts transients, but it must also attract kooks and assorted nuts!

If any of the missing person’s featured at SM remotely resemble any of these men, it would be worth taking a harder look.  There is a serial killer sitting on Florida’s death row that targeted men in and around Ft. Myers during the 90’s.  He also dumped his victims in wooded areas.  He is a very likely candidate, but no solid connection has been made yet.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #526 on: August 14, 2007, 07:07:53 PM »

Hello Monkeys

Just letting you know I have posted an article in the Lounge about an Australian man who fell for an internet dating scam and was lucky to be rescued and returned home alive.  I thought of several headings for the article but none were polite so I resorted to the newspaper heading  Rolling Eyes
I cannot imagine anyone who is able to walk and talk at the same time falling for such an obvious setup.  I wonder who is paying for all the police and officials' time for this rescue mission?  It is not only the young who get sucked in by internet criminals and I do hope this guy's family appoint a keeper for him in the future.

I notice we have more bells and whistles - the page numbers in full under each forum.  Nice to know Dugga listens to our wishes and supplies them when it is feasible to do so.  Thank you Red and Dugga for our new cages.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: August 14, 2007, 07:12:39 PM »

Is RATBERT really CHARLIERAT?  Laughing Laughing

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: August 14, 2007, 07:24:09 PM »

RUTGERS WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER SUES TALK-RADIO JOCK DON IMUS ON DAY HE SETTLES $120M SUIT AGAINST CBS

**Watch FOX News Channel or go to http://foxnews.com
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #529 on: August 14, 2007, 07:25:39 PM »

Hiya, Mere~! I kept looking at chat yesterday with one user and finally went in to check on you!  Laughing You were gone.

I have a question.....Anybody know what to do about "sudden pop up onslaught?" I've never had a problem with pop-ups and my settings haven't changed, but whatever fling.com is, I can't get rid of it!

Goodmorning all.  Yes, I noticed some popups late last night and sent one to Red and Dugga.  I don't think mine was fling.com.  I have no idea why all of a sudden, it could have to do with new advertisors, not sure but Dugga can find out.

Add me to the popup campaign.  I kept getting ads for an interactive art gallery or something.  The annoying thing was it kept popping up everytime I changed threads or loaded the next page.  I know popup ads are what support the site and I can handle them appearing when I first log into the site but please - not every page. Thankfully we are back to normal this morning.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #530 on: August 14, 2007, 07:44:19 PM »

Finally, I was able to post.  What is with this box popping up wanting e-mail to someone?   Rolling Eyes  Lord, I feel as though I have failed first grade math and trying to explain why to my mother who is a calculus professor.  Laughing

Hi monkeys, no more pop-ups except the e-mail box.  Whew.  It has taken me 24 hours to get in without a popup ad or e-mail message.   Confused   I must have a mental deficiency.  More bells and whistles makes for a confused old woman.  TTYL. Good to see you, Tibro.

How is the temperature "down under?"

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #531 on: August 14, 2007, 08:01:15 PM »

Good to see you too, Tyler.  Weather is cold in my corner of the world, and rain forecast to next few days.  It is winter and August is usually our coldest month with snow on highlands and strong winds.  But the spring bulbs are getting ready to bloom and the blossom trees are budding up nicely. New born lambs will soon be appearing in the paddocks.  I love spring and all it's promise of new life and new beginnings.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #532 on: August 14, 2007, 08:43:19 PM »

Hey Monkeys ,,, Dana on in a little bit.

Scared Monkeys has their own Don Imus and Howard Stern tonight.

Dana's show is being recored by Canadian TV ... He is being simulcasted
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #533 on: August 14, 2007, 09:00:29 PM »

Great news Red. Keep up the Good Work

O/T I am not good a the email's cc:ing... did you and Mrs. Red just get an email from me with a map re: Donna Jou?? Thanks. If it worked, I'll con't the org. of pictures.

TIA

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: August 14, 2007, 09:01:36 PM »

DANA PRETZER ON NOW

Listen to The Dana Pretzer Show on Scared Monkeys Radio - Tuesday at 9PM EST, Guests: Mike Melson, Drew Kesse & Stephanie Good

This weeks guests include:

Mike Melson, discussing the search for missing person Nita Mayo
Drew Kesse, discussing the search for missing person Jennifer Kesse
Stephanie Good, New York Times Bestselling Author of Exposed and her new book A Rush To Injustice

www.scaredmonkeys.com

CLICK ON LISTEN LIVE
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: August 14, 2007, 09:04:30 PM »

On Dana, missing Nito Mayo's daughter:

Nita Mayo

http://www.texasequusearch.org/missing_persons/NitaMayo.htm
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: August 14, 2007, 09:09:15 PM »

On Dana, missing Nito Mayo's daughter:

Nita Mayo

http://www.texasequusearch.org/missing_persons/NitaMayo.htm

Info on Nita Mayo   
Nita Mayo has been missing since August 8, 2005  when she had breakfast with a friend before leaving Hawthorne, NV for a day trip over the Sonora Pass. She has not been seen since.
http://www.uniondemocrat.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=18434
Son works to keep Mayo in spotlight
Published: September 23, 2005
By AMY LINDBLOM
Nita Mayo's car was later found in the parking lot at the Donnell Vista overlook but the Hawthorne, Nev. woman hasn't been seen since.
Mayo’s car was discovered with her purse, cell-phone and keys inside around Donnell Vista on Highway 108 shortly after she disappeared.
“The note just said she was on the part of Sonora Pass that Steve (her boss) had told her about,” Pete Mayo said. “She was looking out over a meadow and listening to the sounds of the mountains.”
A glimmer of a lead came last Sunday, when a San Jose man at the Donnell Vista overlook spotted something yellow floating in Donnell Reservoir, 1,000 feet below. When Nita Mayo disappeared, investigators believe, she was wearing a yellow shirt. Upon seeing the yellow object, Joe Fedor called the Sheriff's Department to urge someone to fly over the lake to see what it was. But unpredictable wind conditions above the lake prevented that.
Two sheriff's investigators went to the vista overlook Monday, but they saw nothing, said Lunney.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #537 on: August 14, 2007, 09:16:50 PM »

This is a perfect example of making it a point to stress all cases of missing people ... They all need to be brought home.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: August 14, 2007, 09:17:14 PM »

UP NEXT

Drew Kesse on the search for Jennifer Kesse:

http://jenniferkesse.com/

Jenn, as family and friends know her, was reported missing when she failed to show up for work on the morning of Tuesday January 24th, 2006. For those of us close to Jenn, we knew something must be wrong. If she was going to be late for work or a meeting she would call. In fact Jenn had good routines she and Rob, her boyfriend called each other everyday while driving to work in the morning and would speak with each other every night before going to bed. On the night of Monday January 23rd, she talked to my husband and I, later with some friends and she and Rob talked by phone as usual and that was the last anyone has heard from Jenn.

She and Rob did not talk the morning of Tuesday January 24th. Rob called Jenn at work and was told she had not arrived yet. When she did not show up for work, her employer immediately called us to see if we knew where Jenn was, we tried to reach her at the condo and on her cell phone and were unsuccessful. We left our home and after arriving at her condo, and not finding her at home, immediately notified the police.

On Thursday Morning the 26th, police found Jennifer's car abandoned in an apartment complex not far from where she lived.

Jennifer is a strong, fun loving, career minded and responsible young lady if she was running late to work she would have called which is why we all became concerned immediately. At no time had Jennifer shown signs of discontent with her life, relationships or work environment.

As I am sure you all can appreciate, this has been an extremely stressful two weeks. We would encourage you to visit the various media websites their coverage has been detailed and accurate.

The Orlando Police Department and all of the other agencies involved have been extremely professional, keeping us posted on a regular basis. We know they are doing everything in their power to help bring Jenn home safely.

Please keep Jenn in your prayers and visit her website for updates. Please think about everyone you know if you believe someone you know or suspect someone you may know might be involved, please call Crimeline immediately and share that information it may be nothing or it may be the missing piece of information that will help bring Jenn home safely. Thanks again to everyone for interest, assistance and support.

Joyce & Drew 
BlueKYGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #539 on: August 14, 2007, 09:21:37 PM »

O/T for those keeping track...

It's a girl!

I'm going to Google the Fort Myers Eight--that is bizarre. I can't get over the leg thing, either.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.