March 28, 2024, 03:04:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #1 8/12 - 8/17/2007  (Read 221177 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #660 on: August 15, 2007, 04:37:42 PM »

Did I read here that Joran was said to have been in Florida recently---maybe for an interview?  Could he possibly be in Florida trying to get into the school he wanted to go too?  Nothing would surprise me if he was bold enough to give it a try!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: August 15, 2007, 04:43:57 PM »

Did I read here that Joran was said to have been in Florida recently---maybe for an interview?  Could he possibly be in Florida trying to get into the school he wanted to go too?  Nothing would surprise me if he was bold enough to give it a try!

I agree and shame on us if they let him go to school here.  Throw him out of this country.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #662 on: August 15, 2007, 04:48:22 PM »

I agree and shame on us if they let him go to school here.  Throw him out of this country.

Is there anyway of finding out if he registered there for school?  It would be like him to rub this in the family's face just to prove he can do anything he wants!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: August 15, 2007, 05:01:30 PM »

Monkeys,
Just post and don't worry so much about it!  Klaas will just move it if you put in wrong place or there is a better location, right Klaas?

I love this thread and would post things here I would never in a thread about somebody's deceased child!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: August 15, 2007, 05:02:05 PM »

Historic heat wave to continue through at least Thursday before
a slight break...

The ongoing heat wave will persist through the weekend... with a
minor reprieve over the weekend. Triple digit high temperatures
are anticipated through Thursday... but may drop back into the
upper 90s by Friday. Slightly cooler and drier air will filter in
from Canadian high pressure situated across the eastern United
States.

There is some positive news that is limiting the severity of the
heat wave. Overnight lows will be somewhat cooler the next few
nights. The heat index will be less of a factor due to lower
afternoon humidity.

However... heat stress remains high day to day in such a persistent
string of hot temperatures. Continue to protect yourself against
the heat by limiting outdoor activities when possible. Slow down
if you must be outside... and take frequent breaks while drinking
plenty of water. Be aware of signs of heat exhaustion... and if you
feel any symptoms... stop immediately and seek medical attention if
symptoms are not relieved by a short break. Also remember to
provide extra water and a shady place for pets.

Stay tuned to further updates on the heat wave from the National
Weather Service in Huntsville.

Record Report 
Statement as of 04:51 am CDT on August 15, 2007

... Record high temperature set at Birmingham...

a record high temperature of 104 degrees was set at Birmingham
yesterday. This breaks the old record of 101 set in 1995.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: August 15, 2007, 05:15:40 PM »

Monkeys,
Just post and don't worry so much about it!  Klaas will just move it if you put in wrong place or there is a better location, right Klaas?

I love this thread and would post things here I would never in a thread about somebody's deceased child!

Yep - we can move posts to the proper thead.   Wink
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: August 15, 2007, 05:35:02 PM »

Is there anyway of finding out if he registered there for school?  It would be like him to rub this in the family's face just to prove he can do anything he wants!

Heh heh heh!  Joran in school in this country!  Just imagine the possibiliites.  Nope, he won't do that.  Ever!  Well, he might be that stupid but Anita the Boss of All Things Sloot isn't that dumb.

PERSONA NON GRATA

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #667 on: August 15, 2007, 05:43:13 PM »

Good Day Monkeys

I had located a site for the Pat & Stanley clips
http://www.pyercoffin.com/    but needed to install the DIVX decoders ???

Which allowed the  clips to play using Media Player

Anyway I wanted to do a screen capture of part of one of the clips...
So I opened paint   started the clip playing  and hit prt-screen when the part played.
Then to paint and did a paste...   

Shocked  the clip was playing in paint... and contiuned until the end.  Shocked

Why, How...  Confused

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: August 15, 2007, 05:51:18 PM »

Good Day Monkeys

I had located a site for the Pat & Stanley clips
http://www.pyercoffin.com/    but needed to install the DIVX decoders ???

Which allowed the  clips to play using Media Player

Anyway I wanted to do a screen capture of part of one of the clips...
So I opened paint   started the clip playing  and hit prt-screen when the part played.
Then to paint and did a paste...   

Shocked  the clip was playing in paint... and contiuned until the end.  Shocked

Why, How...  Confused

I don't know why it did that OF but that happened to me one time.  I think I was using powerpoint when it happened.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #669 on: August 15, 2007, 05:53:24 PM »

Heh heh heh!  Joran in school in this country!  Just imagine the possibilities.  Nope, he won't do that.  Ever!  Well, he might be that stupid but Anita the Boss of All Things Sloot isn't that dumb.

I really don't think Momma Sloot has any control over her son. Whatever he wants to do he does and she couldn't change that if she wanted to. 

Just got home and the car temp measured 110 degrees and that is at least 3 degrees higher than the outside temp!  My day to water my plants (we are only allowed Wed/Fri/Sun for watering) and the really need it.  I be damned if I let the heat kill them when I saved them from the frost! Razz

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: August 15, 2007, 05:59:04 PM »

We will get a ticket and fine if caught watering lawns, etc. and there is a surcharge on water bill if you use over a certain amount in some water districts.  People are having to haul water for livestock who are not on any commercial system so my ferns and stuff are just dying.

I don't blame you and would save anything I could if I were you.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: August 15, 2007, 06:00:06 PM »

It is 105 on my front porch in the shade.

Seriously, does anybody knowt the temp at which grass ignites spontaneously?

PERSONA NON GRATA

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #672 on: August 15, 2007, 06:05:51 PM »

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

You might have to check with our AZ  monkeys  I know they have grass out there and I think it was been around 112-114 this week

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #673 on: August 15, 2007, 06:05:56 PM »

I don't know the answer to that one.  They are doing construction work beside the interstate and the dirt being stirred up has caused a cloud you can barely see through.  I see it is worse where you are at.  It is suppose to break here tomorrow night.  Maybe it is on it way down to you too.

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #674 on: August 15, 2007, 06:06:52 PM »

San

thanks... it was just sooo Strangeeee

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: August 15, 2007, 06:08:37 PM »

You might have to check with our AZ  monkeys  I know they have grass out there and I think it was been around 112-114 this week

OF, but theirs would be different kinds of vegetation.  Ours is accustomed to plenty of rain and this in highly unusual for this area.

PERSONA NON GRATA

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #676 on: August 15, 2007, 06:12:43 PM »

OF, but theirs would be different kinds of vegetation.  Ours is accustomed to plenty of rain and this in highly unusual for this area.

You are right Anna..  they have the heat  tolerant type   and can water all the want... or at least at all the golf courses

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: August 15, 2007, 06:23:17 PM »

OF,
I am joking that it is going to spontaneously combust but am terrified of any fire at this point as thousands of acres are tinder box dry.  At this elevation with no real rain since around Easter, you can understand the concern.  Lighting is also a possible source for disaster. 

This excessive heat was not expected on top of the drought.  Having hay and sweet feed and oats delivered for the horses as there is no grass left for them.  Dust clouds everywhere in a region that should be dense with lush green vegetation. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #678 on: August 15, 2007, 06:26:08 PM »

We've had record breaking heat wave this week too.  My plants are dying of thirst.  WIsh I could water them.  Sad
oldencrabby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #679 on: August 15, 2007, 06:52:54 PM »

It's a shame there isn't some way to save the rinse water from your washing machine to water at least a few plants. I know it isn't going to help the lawns.  Rolling Eyes  So I guess it's hardly worth the effort.  I hope y'all get a break soon.

Special delivery!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.