April 26, 2024, 01:08:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #1 8/12 - 8/17/2007  (Read 221820 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: August 15, 2007, 10:21:07 PM »

HIYA MONKEYS!  Very Happy

Klaas? Idstlou would like a new version of her avi. Would you happen to have an "undressed" copy? I can't find one! Thanks!!!!

This one?

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #701 on: August 15, 2007, 10:21:54 PM »

Dear Anna,

After the 1994 Northridge earthquake in SoCal, I pondered how I could take my four cats with me if I needed to evacuate. I have three cat crates by the front door, along with a cat back pack with cat food, a small litter box, litter, packaged water. Now I have only two cats and I'm sure I can put them in one crate.

How many doggies do you have?

Love, Louise

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: August 15, 2007, 10:28:46 PM »

Louise,
I have about ten.  Some are in my small breeding program but several are "retirees" and they don't all get along well at all.

Not sure what I would do.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #703 on: August 15, 2007, 10:30:04 PM »

I am starting to think of those bars that divide sections of a car.  That might work to at least keep them separated into their little tribes.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: August 15, 2007, 10:55:33 PM »

In a TRUE emergency, you could put cat or small dog in a pillowcase and tie, or some sort of soft bag. This is to save their life...I had a cat that was terrified of being in a box or kennel  ( hyperventilated and etc.) and I used to slip him into a pillowcase when he needed to go to the vet.  He did well-didn't act like he did in a box.  Someone threw him out of car window when a kitten Sad  So I don't know what else may have happened to him before that. Mad

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #705 on: August 15, 2007, 10:59:46 PM »

Klaas? Idstlou would like a new version of her avi. Would you happen to have an "undressed" copy? I can't find one! Thanks!!!!

This one?

Thank You Klaas! That's the one, and I don't have it. At one time it was animated, and I'd love to find that one, but if she doesn't have it either, I'll see what I can do to re-animate it! It's gonna be a challenge because the lil boy's eyes open and head lifts as well as the doggie head moving. Thank you again, Klaas!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: August 15, 2007, 11:00:41 PM »

This one?

Thank You Klaas! That's the one, and I don't have it. At one time it was animated, and I'd love to find that one, but if she doesn't have it either, I'll see what I can do to re-animate it! It's gonna be a challenge because the lil boy's eyes open and head lifts as well as the doggie head moving. Thank you again, Klaas!

I'll see if I have the animated one.  Hold on.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: August 15, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »

This one?

I'll see if I have the animated one.  Hold on.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #708 on: August 15, 2007, 11:07:33 PM »

OMG! Klaas! you just saved me a LOT of time with doubtful outcomes! If nobody's told you today they love ( and owe ) you; I DO!!!!!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #709 on: August 15, 2007, 11:22:48 PM »

In a TRUE emergency, you could put cat or small dog in a pillowcase and tie, or some sort of soft bag. This is to save their life...I had a cat that was terrified of being in a box or kennel  ( hyperventilated and etc.) and I used to slip him into a pillowcase when he needed to go to the vet.  He did well-didn't act like he did in a box.  Someone threw him out of car window when a kitten Sad  So I don't know what else may have happened to him before that. Mad

MuffyBee, I've used the pillowcase and it works just fine.  In years past, we had a cardboard cat carrier that the vet gave us, but they just don't last forever (easy because of the top opening to place the cat)...the cat carrier we do own is small and when a cat is not used to them, she is too skittish...the pillowcase is less stressfull for the cat and me....We've even used a smaller dog carrier for the cats...just depends on where we have to go and who's going.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
crazybabyborg
« Reply #710 on: August 15, 2007, 11:51:02 PM »

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/IFB.gif

Idstlou: ready for Ohio Buckeye football!  Wink
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #711 on: August 16, 2007, 12:35:04 AM »

Looks like the all-clear on a tsunami :

TSUNAMI MESSAGE NUMBER   4

NWS PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER EWA BEACH HI
412 PM HST WED AUG 15 2007

TO - CIVIL DEFENSE IN THE STATE OF HAWAII

SUBJECT - FINAL TSUNAMI ADVISORY

THE TSUNAMI ADVISORY IS ENDED FOR THE STATE OF HAWAII EFFECTIVE
AT 0410 PM HST.

AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS

ORIGIN TIME - 0141 PM HST 15 AUG 2007
   COORDINATES - 13.5 SOUTH   76.7 WEST
   LOCATION    - NEAR COAST OF PERU
   MAGNITUDE   - 7.9  MOMENT
   MAGNITUDE   - 7.8  RICHTER (MS)

EVALUATION

THE PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER HAS CANCELLED THE REGIONAL
 TSUNAMI WARNING AND WATCH IT ISSUED FOR OTHER PARTS OF THE
 PACIFIC. BASED ON ALL AVAILABLE DATA THERE IS NO DESTRUCTIVE
 TSUNAMI THREAT TO HAWAII AND THE ADVISORY FOR HAWAII IS ALSO
 ENDED.

HOWEVER... SOME COASTAL AREAS IN HAWAII COULD EXPERIENCE SMALL
 NON-DESTRUCTIVE SEA LEVEL CHANGES AND STRONG OR UNUSUAL CURRENTS
 LASTING UP TO SEVERAL HOURS. THE ESTIMATED TIME SUCH EFFECTS
 MIGHT BEGIN IS

0214 AM HST THU 16 AUG 2007

THIS WILL BE THE FINAL MESSAGE ISSUED FOR THIS EVENT UNLESS
ADDITIONAL DATA ARE RECEIVED.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #712 on: August 16, 2007, 01:05:57 AM »

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/IFB.gif

Idstlou: ready for Ohio Buckeye football!  Wink

cbb - that is sooooooo cute!  I am sure idstlou will love it as much as we will when she uses it.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: August 16, 2007, 01:20:30 AM »

Thanks, Tibro,

Glad it is cancelled and there was no further developments from these two major quakes.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: August 16, 2007, 01:30:46 AM »

Some areas requesting that you squeal on your neighbors for using too much water.   Huummm. . . not sure I would want to do that.

WSMV.com
Related To Story

Video: Water Restrictions In Place At Middle Tenn. Towns

City On Lookout For Water Restriction Breakers
Lafayette, Franklin, Portland, Mount Pleasant Currently Conserving Waters
Reported By Cara Kumari

POSTED: 6:36 pm CDT August 15, 2007
UPDATED: 7:41 pm CDT August 15, 2007

MOUNT PLEASANT, Tenn. -- The heat wave and drought are big problems in middle Tennessee, and now they are having a strong impact on water supplies in several places. For that reason, towns are putting restrictions on the use of water.

Video: Water Restrictions In Place At Middle Tenn. Towns

Mount Pleasant, Tenn., is even going so far as to ask residents to turn in their neighbors if they see them breaking the rules.

Resident Adam Morton is not happy that he can only water his shrubs once a week. Because of this mandate, his lawn isn't looking so good.

"(It looks) just pitiful because it's so dry. It's hard to keep it alive because of the water shortage," said Morton.

The lack of rainfall has all of Mount Pleasant's water sources currently 2 feet lower than normal.

"I've been with the Mt. Pleasant Water Department for 31 years, and it's the worst I've ever seen it since I’ve been here," said Darrell Dean of the Mount Pleasant Water Department.

The city is taking some extreme measures. People can only water their lawns once a week and can't fill pools or wash cars. If someone sees a neighbor breaking the rules, the city wants to know about it.

"If neighbors see somebody doing something that's not in compliance, if they will let us know then that gives us a chance to go out and very nicely explain to them what the situation is," said Interim City Manager Debbie McMullin.

If the resident doesn't comply with the city’s restrictions, they will then shut off their water. Mount Pleasant officials said they have had to shut the water off to one person who wasn't following the rules.

These rules apply to everyone, both residents and businesses. Channel 4 News also spotted a car wash in Mount Pleasant that is closed except for Thursdays because of the water shortage.

The Maury County town is not alone in conserving water. Lafayette, Franklin and Portland also have water restrictions in effect.

Mount Pleasant said it gets a large part of its revenue from water sales, so the water restrictions are also hurting them as well.
Copyright 2007 by WSMV.com. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

PERSONA NON GRATA

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #715 on: August 16, 2007, 06:15:03 AM »

It is 105 on my front porch in the shade.

Seriously, does anybody knowt the temp at which grass ignites spontaneously?

Laughing
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #716 on: August 16, 2007, 06:22:12 AM »

Well, this sounds like a bit much but I can't muster any shred of sympathy for Vick and hope he continues to be the target of any number of problems.  I can't think of anybody more deserving at the moment.

-----

South Carolina Inmate Hits Michael Vick With '$63,000,000,000 Billion Dollar' Lawsuit Alleging Al Qaeda Ties

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293268,00.html

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That article is hillarious!!!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: August 16, 2007, 10:15:09 AM »

Good morning!     Rise and shine! sunny  That said, we've already gotten an inch of rain today where I live.  I hope today brings good news about the Utah miners.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #718 on: August 16, 2007, 10:25:17 AM »

Looks like the all-clear on a tsunami :

TSUNAMI MESSAGE NUMBER   4

Thanks Tibro.  I wondered about tht since I heard about it last night.  Glad no one was hurt.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #719 on: August 16, 2007, 10:30:12 AM »

Good morning!     Rise and shine! sunny  That said, we've already gotten an inch of rain today where I live.  I hope today brings good news about the Utah miners.

It's a beautiful morning here despite record breaking heat for the last week.  Tomorrow we're supposed to be breezy up to 20mph.  I can't decide if that's a good thing or not.

I hope they find those miners too.  It's so sad that they can't locate them sooner.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.