March 29, 2024, 08:59:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #1 8/12 - 8/17/2007  (Read 221209 times)
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #740 on: August 16, 2007, 05:03:45 PM »

OF,
I am joking that it is going to spontaneously combust but am terrified of any fire at this point as thousands of acres are tinder box dry.  At this elevation with no real rain since around Easter, you can understand the concern.  Lighting is also a possible source for disaster. 

This excessive heat was not expected on top of the drought.  Having hay and sweet feed and oats delivered for the horses as there is no grass left for them.  Dust clouds everywhere in a region that should be dense with lush green vegetation. 

maybe you might want to start thinking about trading those horses in on some nice camels 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: August 16, 2007, 05:04:43 PM »

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136049-c,onlinesecurity/article.html

Study Finds Internet Rife with Attack Codes
Even seemingly safe web addresses are rife with attack code aiming at vulnerable clients, according to a new study.

Shocked

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #742 on: August 16, 2007, 05:05:59 PM »

That's cruel, Klaas.

103 here now.  I took a nap and am guzzling orange juice but that tree trimming just about finished me off for today.

And I know other places are hotter.  In Memphis there are six dead from the heat.

Today is the anniversary of the death of Elvis and there are people there to commemorate even in that heat.  I liked the King and all but not that much.

There are lots of places hotter than it is here today but there are none drier as at this elevation, we have missed what little rain there has been.  It goes around us for some reason.

Robots had a signature about controlling the rain.  Maybe it's his fault.

I would blame robots for sure !!!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: August 16, 2007, 05:09:14 PM »

OF,
I am joking that it is going to spontaneously combust but am terrified of any fire at this point as thousands of acres are tinder box dry.  At this elevation with no real rain since around Easter, you can understand the concern.  Lighting is also a possible source for disaster. 

This excessive heat was not expected on top of the drought.  Having hay and sweet feed and oats delivered for the horses as there is no grass left for them.  Dust clouds everywhere in a region that should be dense with lush green vegetation. 

maybe you might want to start thinking about trading those horses in on some nice camels 

http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html

Note the whole state almost is back in D-4 but some of us haven't been out of it since early spring.

Hay which normally sells for $20 a roll is $60 and reportedly $100 in parts of TN.

Sad

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #744 on: August 16, 2007, 05:10:11 PM »

That's cruel, Klaas.

103 here now.  I took a nap and am guzzling orange juice but that tree trimming just about finished me off for today.

And I know other places are hotter.  In Memphis there are six dead from the heat.

Today is the anniversary of the death of Elvis and there are people there to commemorate even in that heat.  I liked the King and all but not that much.

There are lots of places hotter than it is here today but there are none drier as at this elevation, we have missed what little rain there has been.  It goes around us for some reason.

Robots had a signature about controlling the rain.  Maybe it's his fault.

I would blame robots for sure !!!

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.  Robots!

PERSONA NON GRATA

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: August 16, 2007, 05:11:40 PM »

man, i ought to load up a few hay wagons and head south !!
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: August 16, 2007, 05:12:35 PM »

we all kinds of water around here too!!

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: August 16, 2007, 05:12:46 PM »

Just for the record and in case anybody might be wondering, if I ever go missing, the last thing I will be worried about is folks being nice to those responsible or who might be refusing to investigate.

Please!  Don't be nice to them.  First do whatever it takes to find me and if that's not possible, do whatever it takes to find out what happened to me.

Just had to blow off a little steam about that. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: August 16, 2007, 05:14:47 PM »

Well, Blah, we usually donate our hay when there are blizzards and other things throughout the country.  I am sure that's what you meant, right?????? Neutral

PERSONA NON GRATA

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #749 on: August 16, 2007, 05:19:32 PM »

Well, Blah, we usually donate our hay when there are blizzards and other things throughout the country.  I am sure that's what you meant, right?????? Neutral

donate hay when there are blizzards - you kidding me?  Hay season is way over and we are all stocked up by time there are blizzards!!!  I'm thinking your gonna pay!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #750 on: August 16, 2007, 05:26:47 PM »

Just for the record and in case anybody might be wondering, if I ever go missing, the last thing I will be worried about is folks being nice to those responsible or who might be refusing to investigate.

Please!  Don't be nice to them.  First do whatever it takes to find me and if that's not possible, do whatever it takes to find out what happened to me.

If I ever go missing just take Jacobs advice and go look at the bar  Laughing Laughing Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: August 16, 2007, 05:27:37 PM »

That's what I thought, Blah.  Fortunately, most have even more stored than you would, ha!  ha!  I just don't store as I have never had need before this year.  It is normally green year around with plenty, plenty, too much in fact and still has to be mowed even with four horses.

This is just unusual but there is still some hay being harvested locally, very yellow looking and small rolls.  Places where nothing is grazing.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: August 16, 2007, 05:28:51 PM »

If I ever go missing just take Jacobs advice and go look at the bar  Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah, they would probably bring you back!

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: August 16, 2007, 05:29:19 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293501,00.html

Southeast Heat Wave Blamed for Deaths, Fires
Thursday , August 16, 2007

The American South sizzled beneath a relentless sun for a sixth straight day. Officials in Memphis said two more people had died of the heat, raising the city's death toll to seven in a little more than a week.

Much of the Southeast was under a heat advisory as temperatures topped 100 degrees (38 Celsius) for the 10th consecutive day in places, fueling brush fires and increasing the number of people seeking medical help. The high of 105 (40.6 Celsius) in St. Louis broke a 71-year-old record.

It was just as hot in Memphis on Wednesday. Hospital workers passed out free bottles of water to thousands of Elvis Presley fans who filled Graceland's tourism complex Wednesday to mark the 30th anniversary of his death.

One fan, a 67-year-old woman from New Jersey, was found dead inside a tent at a campground near Graceland. She had chronic health problems, but the medical examiner's office said heat was an element in her death.

Temperatures in Memphis were forecast to reach 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38 Celsius) at least through Friday, according to the National Weather Service. A 32-year-old man was found dead outside his apartment, which had no air conditioning, officials said.

"Unfortunately, many of these deaths have been in areas that are considered unsafe, poorer areas of town where people don't have air conditioning, but they're too afraid to open their windows," Shelby County Medical Examiner Karen E. Chancellor said.

Also Wednesday, a man died of what appeared to be heatstroke while preparing for a county fair east of Nashville.

In St. Louis, two more heat-related deaths brought the city's heat wave toll to five, and Mayor Francis Slay urged citizens to check on relatives, friends and neighbors to ensure their safety.

In Alabama, State Health Officer Dr. Don Williamson said the heat wave is the worst in the state since 1980, when temperature soared for weeks, killing 125 people.

This year's temperatures are similar, but the death count is down dramatically, Wilson said. So far only one death in the state has been described as "possibly heat related."

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #754 on: August 16, 2007, 05:35:59 PM »

Quote:

In Alabama, State Health Officer Dr. Don Williamson said the heat wave is the worst in the state since 1980, when temperature soared for weeks, killing 125 people.

-------

A lot of the ones who died were in brick buildings, some in housing projects, too, and once the bricks got so hot, they didn't cool off even at night.  Like being in a brick oven.  But I am relieved that we are doing so much better this time with death toll.

Of course, this isn't over yet.  I did take IBE's advice and wet chamois strips and froze in the freezer.  They helped but didn't last long as I wish.

PERSONA NON GRATA

TNMOM
Scared Monkey

« Reply #755 on: August 16, 2007, 05:42:21 PM »

Anna,
Thanks for directing me to the correct place for chit chat..

Sorry Klass, got off topic over there.  It's not me, it's this HEAT....
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: August 16, 2007, 05:45:01 PM »

Anna,

Laughing Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: August 16, 2007, 05:45:01 PM »

TNMom,
I am just south of you and get Nashville weather on Google for some reason some of the time and it was 107 degrees today. 

Yes, I am over here griping like anything about having to get out in this heat.

But I do hope the people whose house Robots was jacking up asked that he do that. 

But who knows?  And he hasn't been around much lately either.

PERSONA NON GRATA

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #758 on: August 16, 2007, 05:49:39 PM »

Quote:

-------

A lot of the ones who died were in brick buildings, some in housing projects, too, and once the bricks got so hot, they didn't cool off even at night.  Like being in a brick oven.  But I am relieved that we are doing so much better this time with death toll.

Of course, this isn't over yet.  I did take IBE's advice and wet chamois strips and froze in the freezer.  They helped but didn't last long as I wish.

http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~gmilburn/ac/geoff_ac.html
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #759 on: August 16, 2007, 05:55:10 PM »

Anna,

Hi TNMOM Smile  We're all still adjusting where to post too.  Sometimes I forget where I am when I post too. 
 Come here and muse with us    or join us in chat. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.