April 25, 2024, 02:40:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #1 8/12 - 8/17/2007  (Read 221786 times)
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #880 on: August 17, 2007, 11:46:17 AM »

San
I have an idea...let's just blame it on CBB.  She's always getting into trouble anyway.  I can write her in my book and then it will all be legal and everything.  She will just try to weasel her way out by claiming Hummingbird made her do it.  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #881 on: August 17, 2007, 12:06:06 PM »

Morning monkeys.  Getting a break from the heat for now.  It began to rain ever so gently last night.  My DSL went out and the phone too. The satellite wouldn't behave, but I was so happy about the rain.  Phone company came first thing this morning and fixed the lines and now things are a cool 85 degrees at this moment.  I think I may actually be able to go outside for a change and not melt.  Heat will be back, but I am ever so thankful for the rain.

Klaas, why do I get a message about a PM every time I log in or change threads.  It's getting on my last nerve!  Should I email Dugga or is he just hiding behind the curtain and sees all?

That's because either San or one of the other mods tried to PM you and PM's only work for us right now.  There's probably a setting in your profile that will stop notification, want me to take a look?

Should be fixed now Lala's  Wink

Wasn't me that sent a PM.  And if it was from me that means someone has my password to SM Shocked

It was either me, San, CBB, *******, Red or Dugga and whoever sent it did it by accident.  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: August 17, 2007, 12:07:24 PM »

Working and lurking today  Wink
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #883 on: August 17, 2007, 12:36:22 PM »

Very early this morning on one of the news shows they did a segment on a guy that does dust art on car windows.  He said he typically knocks one out in about 1 ½ hours.  I’ve never seen anything like it.  This link goes to a slide show that has pictures of some of his work.  Incredible stuff…..

http://www.slideshare.net/weblover/car-window-dust-art/
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #884 on: August 17, 2007, 12:57:54 PM »

Easy - So when you wash the car, the art goes away? (I saw the slide show, but don't have audio on, so I'm not sure what's the deal.) Does he do this for fun or profit?

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: August 17, 2007, 01:39:05 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293557,00.html

Heat Wave Kills at Least 41 Across South, Midwest

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #886 on: August 17, 2007, 02:01:04 PM »

Easy - So when you wash the car, the art goes away? (I saw the slide show, but don't have audio on, so I'm not sure what's the deal.) Does he do this for fun or profit?

Yeah, once it rains or the car is washed the art is gone.  The guy is a computer artist or something like that and does the dust art for fun.  It just amazed me he could get so much detail in such a short period of time.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #887 on: August 17, 2007, 02:03:55 PM »

Heard from Jossy earlier.  He has been without internet access while on his travels, but he said he had already contacted Diario about their forum and that he would not tolerate that type of trash.  I never read that forum, so I don't know the current status of all the spam, etc.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #888 on: August 17, 2007, 02:09:01 PM »

Morning monkeys.  Getting a break from the heat for now.  It began to rain ever so gently last night.  My DSL went out and the phone too. The satellite wouldn't behave, but I was so happy about the rain.  Phone company came first thing this morning and fixed the lines and now things are a cool 85 degrees at this moment.  I think I may actually be able to go outside for a change and not melt.  Heat will be back, but I am ever so thankful for the rain.

Klaas, why do I get a message about a PM every time I log in or change threads.  It's getting on my last nerve!  Should I email Dugga or is he just hiding behind the curtain and sees all?

That was happening to me all week long and would not allow me to post and I finally just gave up.

Happy you and the other northeners are having some rain.  Can you send it to South Central?   Laughing

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #889 on: August 17, 2007, 02:10:45 PM »

Hi Tyler

So good to see ya.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #890 on: August 17, 2007, 02:12:20 PM »

Hi Tyler

So good to see ya.

OS

Thank you, Osp, good to see you.  I have been missing you each time. 

Is everyone else as happy as I that it is FRIDAY

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: August 17, 2007, 02:14:17 PM »

Hi Tyler

So good to see ya.

OS

Yes I am glad it's Friday even though every day has been Friday for me the past year Laughing
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #892 on: August 17, 2007, 02:15:25 PM »

Hi Tyler

So good to see ya.

OS

I know I am.

Come to chat sometime.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #893 on: August 17, 2007, 02:18:02 PM »

Thank you, Osp, I sure will.  I have to run out and get dog food (er cat food) for our dog.  She is refusing to eat anything but cat food nowadays and she eats more than they, so I have to buy larger bags.   Rolling Eyes

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #894 on: August 17, 2007, 02:37:22 PM »

I don't quite know where to put this, but wanted to draw attention to a series MSN.COM is doing on Missing Persons.

The link below is to Part 1. It includes a link to Part 2. No idea how many parts there will be. There are other related links. So far I haven't seen a mention of Natalee.

Part 1 is titled,
Missing People Face Disparity in Media Coverage
‘Sex sells, kidnapping sells, but not every kidnapping is equal’

http://lifestyle.msn.com/specialguides/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5289082&GT1=10323

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #895 on: August 17, 2007, 02:41:35 PM »

Hi Klaas,

Can you check your email when you get the chance?? Thx  Very Happy

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: August 17, 2007, 03:11:39 PM »

Hi Klaas,

Can you check your email when you get the chance?? Thx  Very Happy

Done!   Laughing
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #897 on: August 17, 2007, 03:38:59 PM »

Musing with the Monkeys..... Smile

Some of my chat friends know that I am cleaning out boxes of papers....some from my
last move (that should have been done years ago) and some more recent that I tossed together when I found out at the last minute that company was coming...!

Anyhow, I found lots and lots of Scared Monkey papers....letters from monkeys that I no
longer remember and from some who are still here...every now and then I printed a page or two or twelve....!  Old Shango stuff....Klaasend telling me for the first time how to get rid of cookies...lol .  There is another whole box of this stuff....wish I had seen it when we had nothing for 2005....all of this is 2005.

See you all later.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #898 on: August 17, 2007, 04:08:58 PM »

I dont know what kind of feedback y'all have been getting since the new forum, but I would just like to say - I like the new format now that i'm getting over the re-learning curve.  I especially like the special thread for Natalee only and the Musing thread seperated the way they are.  I think it really works out great! (even though I just accidentally ended up in the Shango thread  Laughing)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #899 on: August 17, 2007, 04:29:46 PM »

I dont know what kind of feedback y'all have been getting since the new forum, but I would just like to say - I like the new format now that i'm getting over the re-learning curve.  I especially like the special thread for Natalee only and the Musing thread seperated the way they are.  I think it really works out great! (even though I just accidentally ended up in the Shango thread  Laughing)

I'm just the opposite, blah, but that's probably because I have the attention span of a gnat. I thought it was perfect to have lots of things mixed in together, because it kept everything interesting, and...well..."lively."  Laughing

The new format doesn't work for me at all. As someone said in chat the other day, the chatroom has become the new LCD. We still ramble from one topic to another in there, including a smattering of case discussion. If the threads have to be isolated the way they are now, then I appreciate Red and Dugga having the chatroom for those of us for whom that does not work.

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.