April 23, 2024, 11:59:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #1 8/12 - 8/17/2007  (Read 221761 times)
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #940 on: August 17, 2007, 07:15:47 PM »

Off to eat dinner--pulled pork barbeque and potato salad, etc.

Will check in later tonight.  Must watch Monk on TV.

One of my favorites ~  Very Happy Very Happy
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #941 on: August 17, 2007, 07:22:24 PM »

Is everything working okay tonight?  Loading very, very slow for me and other sites are doing just fine.
All is well on the monkey front! When in doubt, check the little black numbers on the bottom. Smile
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: August 17, 2007, 07:35:08 PM »

I dont know what kind of feedback y'all have been getting since the new forum, but I would just like to say - I like the new format now that i'm getting over the re-learning curve.  I especially like the special thread for Natalee only and the Musing thread seperated the way they are.  I think it really works out great! (even though I just accidentally ended up in the Shango thread  Laughing)

Good Evening Monks! Blah, I agree....this is great. I have been really busy and not much computer time so it great to be able to go into the Natalee thread and not have to wade through  other things to get any news...then I can pop over to musings and see what happening there....I too found myself in S&S once...whew Shocked.....and I popped into chat one night and thought I'd been beamed into Peyton Place!  LOL.....I keep getting a message that I have one or more PM's...but if I click on it...a messages says I can't read my PM's...LOL...guess that a kink in progress!! 

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Karo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #943 on: August 17, 2007, 07:35:17 PM »

One page just loaded for me with no blue or gray backgrounds.  The background stayed white until I refreshed.  But the pages are loading fast.   

Everyone in the New Orleans area is totally freaking over Hurricane Dean.  We won’t know until Sunday night or Monday morning Dean’s real chances of coming this way, but already gasoline lines are very long, grocery stores are overcrowded, and some will be evacuating as early as tomorrow.  At the vulnerable stage we are at in the rebuilding process, if this storm hits here…many will give up and move away, for there possibly could be even more destruction and water than Katrina brought Sad  At least, much of the progress that has been made will be reversed. 

I also am watching Dean head west, north of Aruba, and am wishing TES already had done their search.  I think the waters around Aruba will be stirred up quite a bit more than they have been since 2005---or was there another Category 4-5 that passed this close to Aruba since 2005?  I cannot remember.  The worst of Dean will not be affecting Aruba, but…
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #944 on: August 17, 2007, 07:44:14 PM »

One page just loaded for me with no blue or gray backgrounds.  The background stayed white until I refreshed.  But the pages are loading fast.   

Everyone in the New Orleans area is totally freaking over Hurricane Dean.  We won’t know until Sunday night or Monday morning Dean’s real chances of coming this way, but already gasoline lines are very long, grocery stores are overcrowded, and some will be evacuating as early as tomorrow.  At the vulnerable stage we are at in the rebuilding process, if this storm hits here…many will give up and move away, for there possibly could be even more destruction and water than Katrina brought Sad  At least, much of the progress that has been made will be reversed. 

I also am watching Dean head west, north of Aruba, and am wishing TES already had done their search.  I think the waters around Aruba will be stirred up quite a bit more than they have been since 2005---or was there another Category 4-5 that passed this close to Aruba since 2005?  I cannot remember.  The worst of Dean will not be affecting Aruba, but…

Hopefully the hurricane won't be coming your way Karo.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: August 17, 2007, 07:46:33 PM »

Anna, your 'kids' are adorable and your grass looks a lot greener than ours does.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: August 17, 2007, 07:49:30 PM »

OK, I'll nibble on this thread.

Here's our Georgia about 8 months ago. She was about 3.5 months old at the time. She's a little bigger now, but pretty much looks the same. Only now she's a lot louder. Smile

aaawww she's a cutie!!!  Did anyone see the article about some F-ing idiot that put a hatchet in a horse's head?  Thank God the horse lived.....some real sick people in the world!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: August 17, 2007, 07:51:24 PM »

Is everything working okay tonight?  Loading very, very slow for me and other sites are doing just fine.

Easy, mine was loading like molasses...but it's a bit better now....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #948 on: August 17, 2007, 07:52:57 PM »

Good Day Monkeys   Smile

Hi OF...love your chapeau

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: August 17, 2007, 07:55:39 PM »

Don't know how I got 3 posts.....I really don't stutter..would someone delete 2 for me please???

Rest in Peace Caylee

crazybabyborg
« Reply #950 on: August 17, 2007, 08:15:31 PM »

San
I have an idea...let's just blame it on CBB.  She's always getting into trouble anyway.  I can write her in my book and then it will all be legal and everything.  She will just try to weasel her way out by claiming Hummingbird made her do it.  Laughing

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
HUH-UH! I got the memo and READ it, too! Trust me, you can ask Hummingbird!  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: August 17, 2007, 08:33:44 PM »

Deadly Hurricane Dean Upgraded to Category 4 Storm As It Hits Eastern Caribbean Islands

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293570,00.html

crazybabyborg
« Reply #952 on: August 17, 2007, 08:44:14 PM »

I've been watching the hurricane and know lots of folks are holding their breath! The devastation from Katrina hasn't yet been taking care of fully!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #953 on: August 17, 2007, 08:52:56 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys
Such sad new about the mine disaster.  I cannot imagine what the families are going through especially if they have to call off the search.  Such dangerous work.

Love the doggie pictures.  My dogs were a little larger  Laughing but just as big a chickens as any of them.  Males were the biggest softies, the females always a lot more independent. Oh I forgot - they were German Shepherds.

Also I received email today from my young friends - the ones I convinced they did not need to go backpacking through the Caribbean after showing them Natalee's story here on SM.  After he finished his Army career and she completed all her nursing post graduate requirements they set off early this month for more northern areas. They sent pics from their stopover in Hawaii and today tell us they landed Vancouver yesterday and tomorrow they set off to Whistler where they both have landed jobs at their first interview.  I have viewed Fairmont's website and it looks absolutely beautiful.
It would be nice to be young again  Cool

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #954 on: August 17, 2007, 09:55:15 PM »

my boys are bigger than dugga's dog... in fact they would think that his dog was a toy Shocked

I am heartbroken for the miner's families....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #955 on: August 17, 2007, 09:56:22 PM »

I can't talk fast enough in chat.  They are motor mouths in there. LOL
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #956 on: August 17, 2007, 10:00:02 PM »

I am good if there are maybe 5 to 10 ppl and then once more ppl come in it slows my computer to the point where...

If I am trying to say hey monkeys...

those two words take three days...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #957 on: August 17, 2007, 10:14:32 PM »

Hi Monkeys

Please give a warm hello to Carolynn Johnson..Mother of Clinton Nelson missing since 9-2006.Like Gloria(Mother of April Pitzer)she has been on SM radio with Dana and TES also helped in the search. His story was scheduled to air on Greta a few weeks ago and was cancelled due to breaking news on lindsey lohan  ..Greta has told her now that the story will not be aired as there are too many stories like this. She is a fighter and a true monkey!!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 10:17:57 PM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: August 17, 2007, 10:18:46 PM »

Hi Monkeys

Please give a warm hello to Carolynn Johnson..Mother of Clinton Nelson missing since 9-2006.Like Gloria(Mother of April Pitzer)she has been on SM radio with Dana and TES also helped in the search. His story was scheduled to air on Greta a few weeks ago and was cancelled due to breaking news on lindsey lohan  ..Greta has told her now that the story will not be aired as there are too many stories like this. She is a fighter and a true monkey!!

Has she posted *******?
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #959 on: August 17, 2007, 10:22:01 PM »

Hi Carolynn.  Welcome.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.