April 27, 2024, 04:35:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #1 8/12 - 8/17/2007  (Read 221881 times)
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #900 on: August 17, 2007, 04:36:52 PM »

I dont know what kind of feedback y'all have been getting since the new forum, but I would just like to say - I like the new format now that i'm getting over the re-learning curve.  I especially like the special thread for Natalee only and the Musing thread seperated the way they are.  I think it really works out great! (even though I just accidentally ended up in the Shango thread  Laughing)

I'm just the opposite, blah, but that's probably because I have the attention span of a gnat. I thought it was perfect to have lots of things mixed in together, because it kept everything interesting, and...well..."lively."  Laughing

The new format doesn't work for me at all. As someone said in chat the other day, the chatroom has become the new LCD. We still ramble from one topic to another in there, including a smattering of case discussion. If the threads have to be isolated the way they are now, then I appreciate Red and Dugga having the chatroom for those of us for whom that does not work.

probably why it seems to work better for me is that, I dont have time to read every day and have never really been able to read every post, maybe 20 - 30%.  So when I come in, the new format makes it alot easier for me to get caught up with the discussion without having to scroll through all of the chit chat. 
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #901 on: August 17, 2007, 04:46:25 PM »

I dont know what kind of feedback y'all have been getting since the new forum, but I would just like to say - I like the new format now that i'm getting over the re-learning curve.  I especially like the special thread for Natalee only and the Musing thread seperated the way they are.  I think it really works out great! (even though I just accidentally ended up in the Shango thread  Laughing)

I'm just the opposite, blah, but that's probably because I have the attention span of a gnat. I thought it was perfect to have lots of things mixed in together, because it kept everything interesting, and...well..."lively."  Laughing

The new format doesn't work for me at all. As someone said in chat the other day, the chatroom has become the new LCD. We still ramble from one topic to another in there, including a smattering of case discussion. If the threads have to be isolated the way they are now, then I appreciate Red and Dugga having the chatroom for those of us for whom that does not work.

probably why it seems to work better for me is that, I dont have time to read every day and have never really been able to read every post, maybe 20 - 30%.  So when I come in, the new format makes it alot easier for me to get caught up with the discussion without having to scroll through all of the chit chat. 

Well, I'm a very fast reader - no joke.  Very Happy

It always seemed to me that people fed ideas off each other by having the kind of interaction we had in the old LCD. It reminds me of the kinds of meetings we often have in our office. I suppose because we manage child care for almost 1,000 children, we tend to be a little silly ourselves sometimes. In our meetings, we always mix serious business with a fair amount of joking around. That works well for us, and the joking around seems to make us come up with better ideas during the serious business aspects of the meeting. Having a meeting that is all joking or a meeting that is all serious business wouldn't work for us. It's having the two things together that makes us a great work team.

I Stand With The Girl
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #902 on: August 17, 2007, 04:51:39 PM »

Dean is a solid Cat 4 bearing down on Jamaica.  Looks like Aruba might feel some of the outer bands.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: August 17, 2007, 04:53:22 PM »

Blah,
I'm with you on the new format.  I can keep open a Musing tab and a Natalee or other tab I am reading and this way read only those threads I follow closely if that is all time allows.

I know we can scroll past posts on other things but we still have to download them and wait for that and read part to see if it is on topic or off and this way, chatter has its own thread and is working really well.

I feel free to post things in Musing that I would never in a Thread that is supposed to be about somebody's dead child!  And sorry, but yes I do think it inappropriate to mix that missing and likely deceased child in with trivial matters as though all are equal.

Just me, however.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: August 17, 2007, 04:55:05 PM »

I think you are right, Easy.  Since the wind is already terrible there normally, I wonder what this means exactly.  Water for their cacti or what?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #905 on: August 17, 2007, 04:57:45 PM »

So the National Mine Safety Board called off the search?  Is that just for now or permanently or what is the latest on that?  This is just too sad.  What if the original miners should still be alive?

PERSONA NON GRATA

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #906 on: August 17, 2007, 04:59:37 PM »

I should have said that it WILL be a strong Cat 4 when it reaches Jamaica.  It is a Cat 3 now.  Not sure what it will mean to Aruba.  I'm sure the seas will be very rough.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #907 on: August 17, 2007, 05:02:13 PM »

I get a kick out of chat when there is no specific news to discuss.  All the various theories have been around the block more than once for me.  Now I just want facts.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: August 17, 2007, 05:02:28 PM »

So the National Mine Safety Board called off the search?  Is that just for now or permanently or what is the latest on that?  This is just too sad.  What if the original miners should still be alive?

They are still drilling the 4th hole, and if they find signs of life they can send more air, food, water down to them.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #909 on: August 17, 2007, 05:02:31 PM »

Blah,
I'm with you on the new format.  I can keep open a Musing tab and a Natalee or other tab I am reading and this way read only those threads I follow closely if that is all time allows.

I know we can scroll past posts on other things but we still have to download them and wait for that and read part to see if it is on topic or off and this way, chatter has its own thread and is working really well.

I feel free to post things in Musing that I would never in a Thread that is supposed to be about somebody's dead child!  And sorry, but yes I do think it inappropriate to mix that missing and likely deceased child in with trivial matters as though all are equal.

Just me, however.

Well, I suppose that depends on one's intent. If one's intent is to trivialize Natalee by sometimes being lighthearted in a thread about her, then that would be wrong. However, if talking naturally to other posters the way that we talk with our friends and family helps spur some posters to think about the case more creatively, then I don't think that's disrespectul. In addition, I think Natalee would be proud to know that her case has brought together a diverse group of people who have formed a sort of family while discussing her case. And someone who knew Natalee told me that she had a wonderful sense of humor too.

I Stand With The Girl
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #910 on: August 17, 2007, 05:10:34 PM »

Well, I'm a very fast reader - no joke.  Very Happy

It always seemed to me that people fed ideas off each other by having the kind of interaction we had in the old LCD. It reminds me of the kinds of meetings we often have in our office. I suppose because we manage child care for almost 1,000 children, we tend to be a little silly ourselves sometimes. In our meetings, we always mix serious business with a fair amount of joking around. That works well for us, and the joking around seems to make us come up with better ideas during the serious business aspects of the meeting. Having a meeting that is all joking or a meeting that is all serious business wouldn't work for us. It's having the two things together that makes us a great work team.
BT ~ I agree with all of your comments. 
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #911 on: August 17, 2007, 05:12:51 PM »

Anna ~ It sounds like the governor wants it called off/is calling it off.....not sure, though.
No one wins in this situation.  Devastating and heartbreaking.  Sad
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: August 17, 2007, 05:15:32 PM »

Tyler's man, Mitt Romney is being interviewed on FoxNews now.

I will stop posting ~ made 3 in a row ~ driving monkeys away, I think.   Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #913 on: August 17, 2007, 05:22:02 PM »

Blah,

Just me, however.

Well, I suppose that depends on one's intent. If one's intent is to trivialize Natalee by sometimes being lighthearted in a thread about her, then that would be wrong. However, if talking naturally to other posters the way that we talk with our friends and family helps spur some posters to think about the case more creatively, then I don't think that's disrespectful. In addition, I think Natalee would be proud to know that her case has brought together a diverse group of people who have formed a sort of family while discussing her case. And someone who knew Natalee told me that she had a wonderful sense of humor too.

BTgirl - part of the problem is that we will be approving many new members.  Some of the members really aren't joining for the NH case they are joining for other cases or other reasons. 

It is practically unheard of for any forum to have a thread like our old LCD was, in a Missing Persons case.  Like Blah said, too hard for those without alot of time to wade through all the off topic.

This thread can still be used as a "catch all" and "greeting area", just no serious case discussion on any case including the Natalee Holloway case.

Like you said, if you don't feel confortable posting in this Musing thread the chat room is always available and that's a good thing!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: August 17, 2007, 05:23:36 PM »

TCUMom,

No we are just too weak from the heat to type.

I wonder what Mitt has to do with the mine?

This new format seems to be working just great!  No problems that I can see.  None of us are authorized to speak for Natalee and I think she deserves the respect of her own thread.

It should also be so much easier for all the new monkeys entering the cage.  But seems to be working well.  I know some of you may miss the old format but think it would be good to give this one at least a fair try.

PERSONA NON GRATA

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #915 on: August 17, 2007, 05:25:58 PM »

TCUMom,

No we are just too weak from the heat to type.

I wonder what Mitt has to do with the mine?

This new format seems to be working just great!  No problems that I can see.  None of us are authorized to speak for Natalee and I think she deserves the respect of her own thread.

It should also be so much easier for all the new monkeys entering the cage.  But seems to be working well.  I know some of you may miss the old format but think it would be good to give this one at least a fair try.

Anna ~ How are your Scottie pups doing in the heat?  We have concrete floors in our house, and our rascal just flops down spread-eagled on that cool floor.   Laughing Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #916 on: August 17, 2007, 05:28:56 PM »

I just have two adult Scotties right now and one stays inside in his A/C all day and the female, Colleen, in the dense bamboo.  She won't stay inside where it is cool no matter what!

And yesterday the wood chipper the electric company brought scared Mr. MacDougal so badly he had to sit in my lap!  This after he is the worst to bark and carry on at strangers, etc. and he bit a girl one time.  Big chicken.

PERSONA NON GRATA

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #917 on: August 17, 2007, 05:32:51 PM »

Blah,

Just me, however.

Well, I suppose that depends on one's intent. If one's intent is to trivialize Natalee by sometimes being lighthearted in a thread about her, then that would be wrong. However, if talking naturally to other posters the way that we talk with our friends and family helps spur some posters to think about the case more creatively, then I don't think that's disrespectful. In addition, I think Natalee would be proud to know that her case has brought together a diverse group of people who have formed a sort of family while discussing her case. And someone who knew Natalee told me that she had a wonderful sense of humor too.

BTgirl - part of the problem is that we will be approving many new members.  Some of the members really aren't joining for the NH case they are joining for other cases or other reasons. 

It is practically unheard of for any forum to have a thread like our old LCD was, in a Missing Persons case.  Like Blah said, too hard for those without alot of time to wade through all the off topic.

This thread can still be used as a "catch all" and "greeting area", just no serious case discussion on any case including the Natalee Holloway case.

Like you said, if you don't feel confortable posting in this Musing thread the chat room is always available and that's a good thing!

Yes, I appreciate the chat room very much.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #918 on: August 17, 2007, 05:37:14 PM »

PERSONA NON GRATA

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #919 on: August 17, 2007, 05:38:02 PM »

I just have two adult Scotties right now and one stays inside in his A/C all day and the female, Colleen, in the dense bamboo.  She won't stay inside where it is cool no matter what!

And yesterday the wood chipper the electric company brought scared Mr. MacDougal so badly he had to sit in my lap!  This after he is the worst to bark and carry on at strangers, etc. and he bit a girl one time.  Big chicken.
Ours just goes nuts when she sees the deer and cows ~ barking like mad as if she's so tough....then, when it is thundering (if you remember what that is  Rolling Eyes), she practically does a vertical jump into our arms.   Laughing  Scotties are so sweet......very stubborn and standoffish if you're a stranger, though......
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.