April 19, 2024, 11:41:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FLATULENCE  (Read 10989 times)
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 13, 2007, 10:27:05 PM »

Ok... I was not sure where to post this... Lounge or in the Musing area..

But I decided on here .

One of the Last posts in the Off Topic and NOT part of the CHAT Room thread was
WONDERFUL news about Beth doing Dana's show !!!!!!!!!!  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

A question for the thread though......

why is it men always talk about breaking wind? 

Laughing Laughing Laughing

-- --

Which I am still pondering ...

I had donned my NEW great looking Hat..
and the conversation (what there was of it ) went to Indiana Jones look to IndyFart,  FartDundee, Crocodile Fart /  CrockFart  and I digressed into
Little motor boat sounding , long drawn rippers,  SBD's,  and now the Dundee style (?)     

I have my own reasons for picking my NIC...
I know some people have a real problem with part of it. I could have made it OLDFLATULENCE  or   old OLDCHIT  (as in Chat  Rolling Eyes) but I did not...

We abbreviate everones (I think) NIC  and I do not expect a lot of off drop off messages or responses I can not locate (sooner or later) but OF...and SEARCH  is a problem for me - OLD is not too bad though. For some reason people just do not want to add the "F" letter.
Why the heck it that ?
and why are males more likely to talk about FLATULENCE  aka (Farts, boofers / ??? )

Is it only in the U.S. where we have this disparity?

Is the event  really that different than  a burp / belch?  Where it happens and you say excuse me Louder that it was.

Yes .. I Know it is NOT something we are taught to talk about.. but is the thought so bad many cannot even say the word .. or type OldF 

Just wondering and thanks

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 02:23:46 AM »

My friends know me as the king of lowbrow humor. Scatalogical humor is NEVER wasted on me, so you definitely won't hear me complain about references to a good, well-cut "southern breeze".

On that note, Mr. Fart, I'd like to offer you a piece of history from my childhood. It was a tattered 8-track tape that belonged a my friend's father. We figured out how to wire the 8-track up to a cassette deck, and the rest is history. The 16 minutes and 45 seconds of audio I bring you below is largely responsible for molding and shaping the man I am today.

For better or worse, I offer you "The World Championship Crepitation Contest".

Lest your attention drift during the interview segments, let me assure you the drama that ensues is worth the wait.

oldencrabby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 09:34:52 AM »

Had a good laugh over your contest attachment Dugga.

Oldfart is a term of endearment around here. Having raised one daughter, the youngest, with three sons, let me tell you, she can belch and fart with the best of 'em. It's all in how one is raised and how comfortable one is with the company being kept. We love one another!   Laughing

My husband's grandmother, whom I dearly loved, would get up from her chair and do a little musical toot as she walked. She had the cutest little poem about farting that she would recite and I would give anything to remember what it was. I just remember the last  sentence was "Better out than in."  I never could find that one, but here is one for those high class folks:

There was a young fellow from Sparta,
A really magnificent farter,
On the strength of one bean,
He'd fart God Save the Queen,
And Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

Special delivery!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 09:45:20 AM »

OF no fair, all I did was ask a question  Neutral

Rick liked that I blushed about such, you have never met my mother either and golly gee, she has a fit about public discussion of gas, etc ! I think we're all in some measure a product of our upbringing and I didn't mean to rain on your parade  Laughing

carry on, break all the wind you like, I'm glad I don't live down-wind from you  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 09:48:56 AM »

oh and as for belches, I'm a freak of nature OF, I belch about once every six months - kids even laugh about it  Laughing

sometimes when I have indigestion I wish I could !!

maybe my mother scared it out of me?  Laughing Laughing Laughing

do you remember that song "Three times a lady" from back in the day? I had a former boyfriend who said that was my song.....sigh, and I thought that was a good thing?

you learn something new everyday one supposes  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 10:34:48 AM »

Dugga,

I listened to the whole thing, and while doing so recalled my brothers learning how to make the sounds with their hands in their armpits.  They had contests galore.  That, however, did not overshadow Dad saying 'pull my finger'. Laughing

Oldfart,

I see some are still using OF....I get your message about a 3 or 4 letter abbreviation of your name, as opposed to 2 for search purposes....although 'fart' is not frequently used in my regular vocabulary, I do not have any problem typing it out.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 11:59:53 AM »

Dugga,

I listened to the whole thing, and while doing so recalled my brothers learning how to make the sounds with their hands in their armpits.  They had contests galore.  That, however, did not overshadow Dad saying 'pull my finger'. Laughing

Oldfart,

I see some are still using OF....I get your message about a 3 or 4 letter abbreviation of your name, as opposed to 2 for search purposes....although 'fart' is not frequently used in my regular vocabulary, I do not have any problem typing it out.

As I read 2NJ's message, I glanced at her toilet-cleaning monkey avatar and couldn't help but think how apropos is was in relation to this thread. Smile
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 02:18:27 PM »

Dugga,

Oldfart,

As I read 2NJ's message, I glanced at her toilet-cleaning monkey avatar and couldn't help but think how apropos is was in relation to this thread. Smile

Well, yes...I raised two sons and had to deal with antics and bathroom humor.  I'm still standing and still get to clean up.  Caught them having a p'ing contest when about 3 & 4 in the bathroom....see who could make the most noise & reach the highest against the vinyl shower curtain....the kind of thing that you are forced to find humor in and stop at the same time.   Their giggles were what made me go in there.  Lord knows what I didn't catch them doing.   Shocked  Don't care to know, at this point.

My avatar has been apropos in many discussions over the past 2 plus years... Wink

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 04:39:33 PM »

nonesuche
OF no fair, all I did was ask a question
Hey I'm not picking on you honest... I just posted your question as a reference point of why I was starting a thread on Flatulence Shocked   Hey.. I did not want people to think I was totally deranged Laughing 

I think it is a cultural / social / family environment type thing.
I would NOT say men allways talk about this subject.. just more open to talking about and more willing to just let it happen (When they can and not feel Embarassed

Yes males are more likely to make a sport out of it (and most anything else) Thanks Dugga ... but glad I was not at that contest Laughing

oldencrabby
My mom, aunts, Grandma's were all very proper ladies when around me when I was growing up... and had no problem saying to anyone Damn it xxxxx if you are going to fart please leave the room 1st. Shocked Laughing

2NJ's
We had twin boys... Yes ... been there and done that Laughing 
Any your AVI continues to remind me that there are things we would rather not do but must be done. 

Still I have to wonder why people have a problem with typing part of (the last part) of my NIC name Neutral
If I had signed up as OldForgetfull, OldFrump, OldFastidious, OldFlatus OldF??? what would the abbreviation be?

For that matter if I abbreviate oldencrabby - what would they like to see ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and to close... some dumb questions  given that

flatusMain Entry: fla·tus
Pronunciation: 'flA-t&s
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, act of blowing, act of breaking wind
: gas generated in the stomach or bowels
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean that most living things could produce some type of FLATULENCE?
Do plants / trees semi do it when they give off oxygen?

I cannot answer NoneS... question or mine so I'm not going to try...  I was JustWondering
OldF

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 05:08:38 PM »

ROFL  Dugga  ~!!

OLDFART I am laughing so hard at this thread and the stories..  Laughing Laughing

All I can say is. Better out then In...  Laughing Laughing
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 09:28:20 PM »

Can I be honest with you all?

I bought this gentleman's CD, and have not regretted my $20 investment:

http://www.mrmethane.com/frameset.html

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 11:44:03 AM »

My father was KING of the "pull my finger routine" 

My Son and his best friend went with us on a vacation to the Hawaiian Islands.  They were 14 years old then.  My father said to my son's friend, Hey Mikey, pull my finger....well he did,  and it was so loud and smelled so awful Embarassed Embarassed  well, lets just say, he cleared the room out at the airport on Kauai.  It was a unique moment,  we were laughing and I really thought my Dad was gonna die of embarassment! 

Maine, born and raised!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 12:05:45 PM »

Flatulence?  Heck folks.  My DH is jet propelled.     He and his friends used to light them when they were younger.. Shocked

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 07:46:32 PM »

With a title like this, I just couldn't resist stopping by this thread! I'm rolling!  Laughing I can only contribute this:

Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 11:14:11 PM »

I apologize for perpetuating this thread, but I just couldn't help it this time.

I just got this link from a friend - completely unsolicited. He doesn't even know about the monkey cage, so it couldn't have been a setup. Just an odd coincidence.

When you view the page (especially the bottom) you'll see what I mean.

Enjoy:

http://denimandlace.50megs.com/1bigone.html

crazybabyborg
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 11:22:17 PM »

LOL!!!!

Hey, Dugga? I want that pic of Old FART at the bottom of that page and it won't let me copy. Can you get it and post it here for me? TIA!
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 11:57:10 PM »

CBB, click on it and drag it to your desktop. It won't let you right-click, but you can drag and drop the image.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 12:37:28 AM »

I apologize for perpetuating this thread, but I just couldn't help it this time.

I just got this link from a friend - completely unsolicited. He doesn't even know about the monkey cage, so it couldn't have been a setup. Just an odd coincidence.

When you view the page (especially the bottom) you'll see what I mean.

Enjoy:

http://denimandlace.50megs.com/1bigone.html

ROFL   too funny

CBB loved your cartoon  ~!!!    Laughing

I work with an older woman.. and she is not shy at all at work about letting loose. She at least warns yah first.. shes a little tiny thing.. skinny.. but dang..  :shock:I have told her more then once.. smells like sumpin crawled up her and died.
 AND we have a custmer.. comes in every day.. he dont care whos in the store.. he lets loose. then says.. oh man I have gas.. AND to top it off.. he works for the sewage authority in our county.. LMAO  We spray.. I even sprayed his butt. Today he comes in.. and I said Louie.. what did you do to your nose? Look like he had a scab on it.. NOPE.. close look.. no scab.. big booger..  puker  I was gaggin.. I said .. Louie you got a big shnoogy dude.. Went to go get him a kleenex.. whats he do?  wipes it on his shirt..  puker Sooooooooooooo.. I have the tissue. he goes ot hand me his $ for hsi cigars.. I said lay it on the tissue// you were pickin your nose and I aint touchin your $$.. Cool He laughed... < this guy has a huge sense of humor.. he picks on us at work .. so we give it right back to him> .. well he goes down to the lottery machine.. where the other gal was.. and threatened to flick his shnoogy on her from his shirt. I had to go in the stock room. I was gaggin so bad.  My stomach isnt like it used to be I guess.. and needless to say.. I brought a salad with me to work.. and I didnt eat it..  Mad
 K.. I am making myself sick again thinking about it. 

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »

Angie

OMG,  a booger!  That is way worse than talking about gas.  I'd have used a tissue to get his money too.  gag

Maine, born and raised!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2007, 06:31:24 PM »

Thanks Dugga..
I think this one is better res.  than the one I sarted with

Shocked  who brought the shnoogy's in here  Laughing

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.