April 30, 2024, 11:48:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: April Beth Pitzer missing 6/28/04 Newberry Springs, CA  (Read 149885 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2009, 02:50:03 AM »

Thanks Muffybee 

I have so much respect for Gloria, She is So Ready!
 I hope Gloria finds April. 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2009, 06:34:27 PM »

She is on her way.. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: May 07, 2009, 11:56:38 PM »

Gloria, April's girls and those searching for April are in my thoughts and prayers.  It's time for April to be found and laid to rest. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2009, 02:21:39 AM »

Although apparently nothing was found, various new witness stepped forward.
So there is new leads..
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2009, 11:39:52 AM »

Although apparently nothing was found, various new witness stepped forward.
So there is new leads..

Even though nothing may have been found, to me it rules out some areas.  I hope something will come  from the new leads. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2009, 02:10:47 PM »

She says it is narrowed down to 3 areas.
Elephant mountain and 2 others..
The interviews of various people was interesting..
I will post more after I talk with Gloria today.

Detective Steve P. is a real good detective..
He is easy to talk to and does in fact go out and check leads..
I am very confident in him..
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2009, 03:03:20 PM »

Lighting a candle for April.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #167 on: May 30, 2009, 12:23:05 PM »

A mothers search...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgyIEKhZ5Sg

A few years ago I noticed Gloria searching for her Daughter April Beth Pitzer.
She is an outstanding person. Gloria has taught me what unconditional Love is.
I have seen very few families go to the extremes to find answers when a loved one goes missing.
Gloria, who is alone in her search, is like a one woman army. She is bullet proof and she demands an proper answer.
April was living in Hell before she went missing and Gloria has boldly gone to Hell to find April ..
Without fear, Gloria continues on her Journey and I think Satin fears her, because he knows, Her Love for her daughter and he faith in God as well as justice for April are an inspiration to families everywhere who find themselves in a similar situation.
God Bless Gloria Denton and all who have helped her.
God bless April Beth Pitzer.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2009, 09:08:03 PM »

In 2004, an analyst from the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation detected a crime pattern: the bodies of murdered women were being dumped along the Interstate 40 corridor in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, and Mississippi.

The analyst and a police colleague from the Grapevine, Texas Police Department referred these cases to our Violent Criminal Apprehension Program, or ViCAP, where our analysts looked at other records in our database to see if there were similar patterns of highway killings elsewhere.

Turns out there were. So we launched an extensive effort to support our state and local partners with open investigations into highway murders.

Today, we’re publicly announcing our Highway Serial Killings initiative to raise awareness among law enforcement agencies and the general public about this issue and our unique assistance on these cases.

First, some background. The victims in these cases are primarily women who are living high-risk, transient lifestyles, often involving substance abuse and prostitution. They’re frequently picked up at truck stops or service stations and sexually assaulted, murdered, and dumped along a highway.

The suspects are predominantly long-haul truck drivers. But the mobile nature of the offenders, the unsafe lifestyles of the victims, the significant distances and multiple jurisdictions involved, and the scarcity of witnesses or forensic evidence can make these cases tough to solve.

Enter ViCAP, part of our National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime and a national repository for violent crimes. The database—which contains information on homicides, sexual assaults, missing persons, and unidentified human remains—is available to law enforcement throughout the country over a secure Internet link on our Law Enforcement Online (LEO).

ViCAP analysts have created a national matrix of more than 500 murder victims from along or near highways, as well as a list of some 200 potential suspects. Names of suspects—contributed by law enforcement agencies—are examined by analysts who develop timelines using a variety of reliable sources of information.

Our assistance also includes:

Sponsoring free regional training sessions on our Highway Serial Killings initiative for law enforcement agencies located near major interstates and highways;
Educating victim advocacy groups, in particular groups representing women and children; and
Using the skills of our behavioral analysis experts at the National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime, who can provide investigative, interview, and prosecutive strategies; ways to link cases using behavioral characteristics; advice on working with the media; and unknown offender profiles.
ViCAP, though, is only as good as the data it contains, so we ask law enforcement agencies to make sure they submit to us their cases involving murders and other violent crimes taking place on or near highways.

Bottom line: is the Highway Serial Killings initiative solving cases? Yes, it is. So far, at least 10 suspects believed responsible for some 30 homicides have been placed in custody…including a trucker arrested in Tennessee charged with four murders and a trucker charged with one murder in Massachusetts and another in New Jersey.

But what about the case that started it all—the series of murdered women being dumped along the Interstate 40 corridor in Oklahoma and three other states? Two people who were working together have been charged with some of the murders…and the investigation to tie them to others continues.

Resources:
- Violent Criminal Apprehension Program
- National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime

This map shows the more than 500 cases in our Highway Serial Killings Initiative database; the red dots mark where bodies or remains have been found along highways over the past 30 years.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2009, 09:08:36 PM »

http://www.fbi.gov/page2/april09/highwayserialkillings_040609.html
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: June 04, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »

Gloria is in the hospital for the last week .. she is suffering with kidney problems..
I pray she gets well soon.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2009, 01:00:42 PM »

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=APRIL

Prayers for April Beth, that she may be found soon.

Prayers for Gloria, that her health will be restored.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2009, 02:54:04 AM »

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=APRIL

Prayers for April Beth, that she may be found soon.

Prayers for Gloria, that her health will be restored.

Prayers for both of these women.  Prayers also for April's little girls.  There are so many victims in this case.  It is so sad.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #173 on: November 05, 2009, 08:05:22 PM »

Mother, daughter of missing women to search the desert

May 3, 2009 - 8:30 AM

BARSTOW - The mother of one missing woman and the daughter of another will join forces this upcoming weekend to search for traces of their family members.

For the eighth time since 30-year-old mother of two April Beth Pitzer went missing in June of 2004, her mother, Gloria Denton, will travel to the Barstow area from Arkansas to join searchers May 9 and 10 in looking for her daughter’s body or any evidence that might explain what happened to her.

Stephanie Thompson, whose mother, Catherine “Cathy” Lique, disappeared from Barstow in November 2003 at age 44, joined in the search for Pitzer last year, hoping at the same time to find some trace of her mother. This year is the first time that the search will officially be for both women.

Thompson said Friday she and Denton found out just recently that Lique and Pitzer had met before, at the home of a woman in Yermo with whom Lique was staying for a while, and who also knew Pitzer’s boyfriend at the time.

Denton said Pitzer went to Newberry Springs in 2003 on what was intended to be a short trip after her marriage fell apart. Instead, she ended up stranded there, homeless and associated with unsavory people, Denton said. However, before Pitzer disappeared, Denton said she was planning to come home to start fresh with her estranged husband and two daughters, then three and five years old.

Lique was a truck stop prostitute who drifted around Barstow, Thompson said. Although Thompson had moved to Oregon with her father after her parents divorced, she tried to keep track of her mother. When her brother told her that no one had heard from Lique in a while, and then no one reported seeing her for another week, Thompson filed a missing person’s report.

Lique’s boyfriend at the time said she had left one morning with nothing but a red San Francisco 49ers jacket and never showed back up, Thompson said. Authorities may have initially assumed that Lique had just skipped town, she said.

“My mom wasn’t some pretty young girl who just crazily went missing,” she said.

Still, Thompson said her mother would have eventually contacted the family if she had been able to, especially when Lique’s own mother died.

Thompson got in touch with Denton about a year and a half ago, after hearing a rumor that Lique had been killed and her body dumped in Newberry Springs, which led her to wonder if the case was connected to Pitzer’s disappearance. The two women have stayed in contact ever since.

“I get very discouraged a lot, and having Gloria on my side, she has definitely been a godsend,” Thompson said.

Barstow police never named a suspect in Lique’s disappearance. Pitzer’s case has also stalled, Det. Steve Pennington with the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department homicide unit said. Some of Pitzer’s clothing was found in a mine shaft in Ludlow in December 2005. A message on the wall of a truck stop in Oregon discovered in September 2004 read, “Want to find missing girl from Arkansas? I-15 3 miles east of Barstow.”

However, the leads came to dead ends.

“There’s people out there that have information, but they’re just not coming forward,” Pennington said.

To report information relating to Pitzer’s disappearance, call the Barstow sheriff’s station at 760-256-4123. To report information on the Lique case, call the Barstow Police Department at 760-256-2211. To remain anonymous, call WE-TIP at 1-800-78-CRIME.

http://www.desertdispatch.com/news/search-5997-barstow-weekend.html

I have just received word that the remains of Catherine “Cathy” Lique were located in Death Valley, CA in March of 2008 and were identified recently via DNA. She can now go home.......
http://www.nampn.org/cases/lique_catherine.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posted by Stephanie Thompson on November 5, 2009 at 12:33am

My mom's remains have been located

Bones were found scattered in Death Valley in March of 2008 and were just positively identified as belonging to my Mom Catherine Lique. I don't have very much information right now but I wanted you guys to know. You have all been so wonderful and supportive. its not the outcome I wanted but it is definitely a relief to know something. I am still in shock right now.
http://peace4missing.ning.com/profiles/blog/show?id=2153128%3ABlogPost%3A96347&page=1#comment-2153128_Comment_96354

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2009, 12:02:59 PM »

God rest the troubled soul of Cathy Lique.

Please lord do not forget to Bless Gloria Denton for ALL the good she has done for others while searching for her lost daughter April Beth Pitzer. Gloria is an amazing woman in this world today.
jmho
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2009, 08:43:54 AM »

apx. 70 miles from Barstow

Dog unearths human skull in Landers

Created: 12/10/2009 01:41:18 PM PST
A human skull was found in a Landers backyard Wednesday after a resident's dog dragged the bones into a backyard in the 59000 block of Mitch Lane, sheriff's detectives said.
Coroner's officials have not determined the age or gender of the victim. Detectives say the skull was in a pile of animal bones and may have been on the property for up to two years.

More than a dozen search and rescue volunteers today are scouring a 10 acre swath of desert near where the skull was found, using cadaver dogs to help hunt for other remains.

"We are trying to identify any place this may have come from," said sheriff's homicide Sgt. Doug Hubbard. "We're doing a very thorough, immediate search."

Detectives are also checking the missing persons database for a possible match.

http://**/news/ci_13969965

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2009, 10:08:51 AM »

LOS ANGELES —  Investigators in Southern California have found a second human skull in a national forest close to where hikers discovered the first on Christmas Eve.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said Saturday it's unclear if there's any connection between the two skulls.

Detectives and coroner's investigators came across the second skull in Angeles National Forest Saturday morning in a search of the area where on Thursday hikers found a skull with a bullet hole in it.

Whitmore says the second skull showed signs of some form of trauma. He gave no further details.

Map and info on area.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/about/index.shtml
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2009, 10:14:18 AM »

To My Friend Gloria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjhxOv9YDag

We will never give up and Never give in looking for April Beth.
Take care.

Edward

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: December 30, 2009, 04:30:53 PM »

Oh dear....this is the Route # we discussed in this thread..........
 Travelers found human bones near the Mojave National Preserve when they pulled their car off of Interstate 40 Tuesday morning.
http://www.desertdispatch.com/news/bones-7588-desert-essex.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: December 30, 2009, 04:33:06 PM »

clothing found in Ludlow...LUDLOW map ..... reduce and follow I-40 east....
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=Ludlow%20CA

Map of Newberry Springs .......reduce and follow I-40 east to Essex
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=Newberry%20Springs%20CA
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:11:58 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.