April 30, 2024, 04:22:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: April Beth Pitzer missing 6/28/04 Newberry Springs, CA  (Read 149860 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: December 30, 2009, 07:14:39 PM »

I contacted Gloria on the bons find..

What clothing was found ?

Damn all of this falls into the search for Amber Dubois also..

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: December 30, 2009, 07:47:34 PM »

I think you are referring to these missing clothes..

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Missing woman's clothes found in Ludlow mine shaft.

http://archive.desertdispatch.com/2006/113750694144726.html
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #182 on: December 30, 2009, 07:53:37 PM »

Yes Edward....the clothing that was found way before, in Ludlow. Omg...this is soooooo close! Thank you for calling Gloria. I know it is difficult to put her on a roller coaster, but I always think....what if??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: December 30, 2009, 08:45:12 PM »

Gloria/Edward.....I am sorry  the remains are that of a Male.

Human remains found in desert near Needles
Posted: 12/30/2009 04:48:13 PM PST

A passerby on Tuesday found human remains in a rural desert area west of Needles. The remains were discovered south of the 40 Freeway, north of Essex. A motorist stopped and got out of his vehicle to let his dog out of the car when he saw the bones.

Coroner's officials said the remains are that of a male, but they have not identified the victim. An autopsy is expected to be conducted this week to determine the cause of death.

Anyone with information is asked to call sheriff's Sgt. Frank Montanez at 909-387-3589 or the Coroner Division at 909-387-2978.

http://**/news/ci_14095905

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: December 30, 2009, 09:10:39 PM »

What if's are all we have..
We will follow through each time bones are found.
Thanks for the heads up Nut44x4
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: January 14, 2010, 05:06:23 PM »

LOS ANGELES —  Investigators in Southern California have found a second human skull in a national forest close to where hikers discovered the first on Christmas Eve.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said Saturday it's unclear if there's any connection between the two skulls.

Detectives and coroner's investigators came across the second skull in Angeles National Forest Saturday morning in a search of the area where on Thursday hikers found a skull with a bullet hole in it.

Whitmore says the second skull showed signs of some form of trauma. He gave no further details.

Map and info on area.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/about/index.shtml

More info.....
Skulls found in forest belonged to man, woman

Posted: 01/09/2010 03:45:19 PM PST

ANGELES NATIONAL FOREST - Investigators have determined that two human skulls found in the Angeles National Forest last month belonged to a man and woman, though little other information was known, coroner's officials said.

The man's skull was found by hikers on Dec. 24 near Angeles Forest Highway Mile Marker 19, and the woman's skull was found by investigators two days later about two miles to the south, according to Los Angeles County sheriff's and coroner's officials.

The male skull had what appeared to be a bullet hole in it when discovered, coroner's investigator Jerry McKibben said.

Both people remained listed with the coroner's office as John and Jane Doe, he added.

The remains were discovered in a portion of the forest that was scorched by the Station Fire, and coroner's officials have said they appear to have been there well before the fire broke out in August.
http://**/news/ci_14153547

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jewelry may help identify skulls found in Angeles National Forest

http://**/california/ci_14186338?nclick_check=1

I do not know if April has rings.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: January 14, 2010, 07:00:12 PM »

Nut ~  I'm not sure about the rings either, but reading through the threads, I see a notation made in the very first post of this thread:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2049.0

Jewelry:  Gold hoop earrings. 

However, that doesn't mean the rings can't be Aprils, of course.  The rings look to me to possibly represent birthstones.  JMHO 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2010, 03:24:02 PM »

April has 2 daughters..
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2010, 04:02:09 PM »

Yes Muffy...like a type of Mother's Ring 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2010, 04:14:39 PM »

April has 2 daughters..

Thank you Edward.  I saw that when I went back to read this thread again.  I saw there had been an error in one of the posts with pics of three children, that had a notation of "Gloria's Girls" http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2049.msg269044#msg269044  but with a little more reading saw that only top and bottom of the three photos were April's daughters.    http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2049.msg269451#msg269451   I corrected the error, per Gloria's post.
The first and third little girl on the first page here are April Beth's little girls....the other in the middle is my son's. They are the triple joys in my life

Even though April has two daughters, and there were three rings, it could be that the third ring could be for the birth of another, say perhaps a nephew or even April herself.  I don't know. Gloria might know.  Also, the owner of the rings may not even have them as birth stone rings, but likes the colors.  I've seen other rings that are like that, but have a flower shape, and can be worn in multiples.  I hope whomever the rings belong to will be identified and laid to rest.  And of course, a good dose of justice for those that harmed her would be good too.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2010, 04:23:38 PM »

I called Gloria yesterday and she says she does have not computer access at the moment.
She will come take a look as soon as she can.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2010, 04:33:32 PM »

This was one of the best leads we had in this case.
It was found written on a bathroom wall at a truck stop in Oregon.

If her body was actually in the Los Angeles forest it would be almost 1 1/2 hours away from where searchers have looked for evidence of April Beth Pitzer.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2010, 04:36:47 PM »

If her body was actually in the Los Angeles forest it would be almost 1 1/2 hours away from where searchers have looked for evidence of April Beth Pitzer.

Thank you for posting this, Edward.  I remembered reading/seeing that but it's been a long time.  It's a good thing to revisit/bring things forth again.  Muffy

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2010, 09:37:50 AM »

Thank you for posting this, Edward.  I remembered reading/seeing that but it's been a long time.  It's a good thing to revisit/bring things forth again.  Muffy

Thanks MuffyBee I think it is always worth bringing it up again and again until we solve it..
Tons of reseach was done and many searches have been done too. Still April needs to be found.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2010, 09:38:51 AM »

The mysterious note on an Oregon truck stop bathroom wall.

Friends and family say that April Pitzer was looking to start a new life when she moved from Arkansas to Newberry Springs, Calif. in the summer of 2003.  In the midst of a divorce from her husband, April headed west and soon made numerous friends in her new home. 

However, a year later, April decided it was time to return to Arkansas, this time to live with her mother, Gloria Denton.  Cops say April never made it home and her whereabouts remain a mystery. 

At the time of her disappearance, April was living with a friend, Chuck Hollister.  Police learned that on April 26, 2004, Hollister agreed to drive April around town and say goodbye to friends.  The next day, Chuck and April spent the day packing her belongings, although April never spoke of how exactly she was getting back to Arkansas.  When Chuck awoke the next morning, April was still sound asleep, but when he returned later that day, she was gone. 

Police tell AMW that Chuck believed that April had either gotten a ride or was given money for a bus ticket.  Detectives even checked Hollister's residence for signs of April but came up empty-handed.  When cops began questioning April's friends, they all believed the same thing...that Pitzer had found her way back to Arkansas.

The cryptic message said "want to find missing girl from Arkansas? I-15 3 miles east of Barstow."

Questions Surround Woman's Disappearance

April's mom began to worry since Pitzer is known to suffer from bi-polar disorder.  They usually spoke every week, and it had been weeks since Denton had heard from her daughter. 

Local authorities began posting missing person fliers around town.  However, the first lead would come not locally, but from over 800 miles away.  On September 7, 2004, detectives were contacted by Deputy Daniel Carr from the Douglas County Sheriff's Office in Oregon.  Carr said he had been sent to a Love's truck stop in Roseberg, Oregon to check out a suspicious message written on a bathroom wall.  The cryptic message said "want to find missing girl from Arkansas?  I-15 3 miles east of Barstow." 

Deputy Carr photographed and collected all latent prints from the bathroom stall and retrieved the truck stop's surveillance footage.  While he sent all the results to cops in California, no leads developed.  Nevertheless, deputies from Barstow, Calif. Sheriff's Station investigated the area three miles off the 15 freeway but found no sign of April. 

On September 9, 2004, detectives got another lead in the case.  An employee working for Barstow City Transportation sold a bus pass to a woman who, when seeing April's missing person poster, said "I know her, she's dead and stuffed in a hole and I know what hole she's in."

Detectives tracked down the woman who told them that she had known April for about a year.  The woman had heard rumors that April had been killed and the body was hidden out in the desert.

During the course of the investigation, detectives learned that Chuck Hollister and his friends were known to hang out in a group of inactive mines in the desert area 5 miles south of Ludlow, Calif.  At that point, authorities turned their attention to the numerous gold mines, most from the late 1800's, hoping that one may provide clues as to April's  whereabouts.  It was at these mines that Mike Melson of the volunteer group Equusearch began leading multiple, thorough searches.  Currently, authorities and Melson continue to check the mines for signs of April.

Chuck Hollister died of cancer in September 2006 but authorities believe that there is someone out there who knows what happened to April Pitzer.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2010, 11:25:55 AM »

http://www.whereisapril.org/index.html

We did extensive research for April at Blogs For Natalee. Supported by many people.
Debbie and Robin Holloway brought it up and before long we had everyone involved.
Please take the time to read the many threads of information.
  http://blogsfornatalee.com/forum/index.php?board=33.0

There was also letters found while searching that were compared to the handwriting on the wall found in Oregon.

Detectives in Barstow are still activly working this case.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2010, 11:36:05 AM »

To the sheriff’s office, she said, April Pitzer was just one of hundreds of missing people in the county and Denton was just a voice on the telephone. “I have 307 bodies under my care now,” said Dave Van Norman, San Bernardino County supervisory deputy coroner and unidentified persons coordinator. Van Norman said the county, which covers 22, 000 square miles, most of it desert, gets about 100 unidentified deaths a year. An average of 10 to 15 of those people are never identified.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: February 01, 2010, 05:59:42 PM »

Human remains found in Apple Valley apx. 35 miles South of Barstow
http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/apple-17051-valley-human.html

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_W_webremains.27e1763.html

now......these remains are near Victorville and could be anyone...I just wanted to post this now...just in case they turn out to be female.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 06:19:30 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2010, 06:01:15 PM »

Thank You.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: February 17, 2010, 06:14:24 PM »

Edward!!!

S. Calif. police trying to ID head found in desert

BARSTOW, Calif. – Police in Southern California are trying to identify a human head that was found inside a backpack in the San Bernardino County desert.

Police says a man collecting cans found the backpack last week. Inside was the head of a brown-haired woman, wrapped in plastic grocery bags with the store labels "Fiesta Foods" and "Walgreens."

Barstow police say DNA samples and X-rays have been sent to the state and investigators also are asking for the public's help.

The head was found west of a residential neighborhood not far from several truck stops.

Barstow is about 90 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100217/ap_on_re_us/us_severed_head_1

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.