April 30, 2024, 03:37:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: April Beth Pitzer missing 6/28/04 Newberry Springs, CA  (Read 149857 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2010, 06:15:47 PM »

If they want help, they need to say how long they think the remains have been there, imo. Hopefully we'll know soon. I know there are hundreds, if not thousands of missing women in California, but I always think of April.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: February 17, 2010, 09:14:58 PM »

If they want help, they need to say how long they think the remains have been there, imo. Hopefully we'll know soon. I know there are hundreds, if not thousands of missing women in California, but I always think of April.

I am thinking that maybe they already have a good idea as to who this person is. I called the Barstow Police Department today and told them why I was calling and the girl said "contact your local authorities and have them contact us, thank you". She did not ask who I thought it might be or ANYTHING! I thought it was very strange to say the least. They proclaim to want help and when you call, then they react like that? I did talk to another person in San Bernardino County who told me that the head is too decomposed to determine the age. That may be why they are keeping quiet about it? Perhaps they are not sure whether or not at this point it is a minor?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2010, 08:34:35 PM »

Any word yet on the skull found in the back pack? Was it April?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2010, 01:55:12 PM »

I have been in contact with Gloria..

She has arranged for a specialized search team to come to search for her daughter April Beth Pitzer.
The search is going on this month March on the 20th and 21st
They will be meeting at the restaurant named Peggy Sue's 35654 Yermo road. Barstow Ca. at 7 a.m.

She does need donation money to fund some items as Gloria has little employment at this time.

Edit for correction per Edward:  (MB)

Now I have to correct web address:

Donations to here.. In April Beth Pitzers name.

http://www.lbth.org/

Thank You
If you can find time to come and help in the search effort please do..

She says she is out of money and has no computer or access at this time but that she misses talking with all of you and wants to thank everyone for the support in research and search efforts you have given her in all the past..
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 03:11:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2010, 02:29:38 PM »

Now I have to correct web address.. I hope the moderators can fix this..  I've changed the web address in the first post, Edward and removed the second post.  MB

Donations to here.. In April Beth Pitzers name.

http://www.lbth.org/

Thank You
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 03:15:10 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2010, 03:07:04 PM »

Gloria just sent me this flyer as it appears I have screwed this all up.. BUT My intentions were good.. lol

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2010, 03:10:07 PM »

I was just getting read to post the search poster myself.  Thanks Edward!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2010, 07:30:41 PM »

Newberry Springs missing person case to be featured on program

March 10, 2010 3:40 PM

The 2004 disappearance of a Newberry Springs woman will be featured on an upcoming episode of “Disappeared,” a television show on the Discovery Communication’s Investigation Discovery digital cable channel.

April Pitzer went missing in 2004 after telling her mother that she was returning to her native Arkansas. Pitzer was 30 years old at the time of her disappearance.

A crew from Discovery Communications will be filming a search of  Barstow-area mines March 18 and 19 for the second season of “Disappeared” with the Mojave Underground, a  Utah group that specializes in deep-mine searches. They will be accompanied by another ground search group, Trinity Search and Rescue.

Pitzer’s mother, Gloria Denton, said that she is glad to have the assistance of an exploration team new to the search for her missing daughter.

“(Mojave Underground) has equipment to go deep mines that isn’t around in San Bernardino,” said Denton. “They have been following the search.”

Pitzer disappeared after telling her mother that she was taking a bus to move back to Arkansas. She went to Newberry Springs on what was intended to be a short trip to distance herself from a troubled marriage but ended out homeless and broke. She told a roommate that she was taking a bus back to Arkansas but never arrived.

Numerous searches in the past have been fruitless.

Some of Pitzer’s clothing was found in a mine shaft in Ludlow in December of 2005.

A representative for Discovery said that “Disappeared” features missing-person cases, as told through interviews with the missing person’s friends, family, and investigators. Episodes feature the missing person’s story from a few days before their disappearance to present-day investigations.

Denton said that she first heard of the show when she was watching television, and later worked with the Center for Missing Adults to contact the producers of the program. 

Representatives for Discovery Communications say that “Disappeared” episode featuring Pitzer will air either later this year or early next year. Investigation Discovery is available to Barstow Time-Warner Cable customers who subscribe to the variety pack package on channel 112.

Volunteers are needed for the search, as well as survey flags. Those who wish to join the search party or donate survey flags can call Gloria Denton at 479-774-2410 or visit www.whereisapril.org.

http://www.desertdispatch.com/news/newberry-8053-springs-featured.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2010, 02:20:48 PM »

I would like to list a couple of links and make a couple of statements about this case..

Years ago most of us came together on the internet to look for a missing young lady named Natalee Holloway on the island of Aruba. Although I had commented on missing persons cases and other kinds of news at Scared Monkeys original web site and other web sites too, I had done one search for a missing person in years prior.. a young girl in my community who was found in a field after being murdered. I did not walk up on her remains, others did and thank god for that as if I had I do believe I would have had a heart attack at such a sight.
It was truly disturbing..
 Years later I did do another search along with Trinity Search and Rescue for missing person Nita Mayo in the Sierra mountains near Yosemite. Mike Melson who leads that team is a great man who does these searches out of the goodness of his own heart along with his wife and other team members. They are a highly qualified search and rescue team.
 I have been speaking with and doing research for Gloria Denton for a few years now, who I would say has become a voice and a powerful advocate for finding the missing because of her own daughters fate. I support her in her efforts to find April Beth Pitzer and you will see her speak in many news articles and supporting other families of missing loved ones..
 One of the saddest photos I have ever seen is Gloria Denton standing over her daughters clothing found while on a search. She is strong and Will Not be stopped in finding April Beth and if you can donate even 5 dollars towards this effort it would be appreciated and well spent. Gloria does not waste a dime and she is not a rich woman.
I applaud the efforts made by Gloria and all of YOU who have supported her efforts.
I know members of Blogs for Natalee have been a huge support effort for Gloria in the past and I have so much respect for them for doing so.
There have been good days and bad days in Gloria's life in this search for her beautiful daughter and her support and caring for other families of victims does not go beyond my eyes.
In the wise words of Amber Dubois grandmother
" How is the family of a missing person supposed to act ? "

God Bless you Gloria and I do pray that all search efforts bring April home to you and her daughters.

Edward Blair

http://www.whereisapril.org/photos.html

http://missingpiecesshow.homestead.com/MissingPiecesEpisode14Archive.html

Trinity Search photo page.

http://www.trinitysearch.org/tsar/tsarinaction

http://www.whereisapril.org/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2010, 03:17:24 PM »

That is a beautiful tribute, Edward.  an angelic monkey

Are you certain you want to leave your full name in the post though?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: March 11, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »

I post my full name as I have never feared any post in any case I have made.
I do not hide behind an alias. I am searching for missing people, Full Force and Head On.

Lets find April Beth Pitzer.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #211 on: March 11, 2010, 06:31:32 PM »

Edward you are a good man.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2010, 04:29:05 PM »

Do not let that get around.. 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2010, 07:02:41 PM »

Gloria was able to get onto Scared Monkeys web site but could not find this thread..
I explained to her how to find it.

She has very limited access to a computer.

She was hoping that some nice person could change her avatar to something that includes one of April's many face images.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2010, 08:01:18 PM »

I'll let Klaas and CBB know.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2010, 08:20:17 PM »

Gloria was able to get onto Scared Monkeys web site but could not find this thread..

She was hoping that some nice person could change her avatar to something that includes one of April's many face images.

I hope Gloria will be able to get access to a computer again soon, and maybe by that time she'll be able to see an avatar with April's lovely face.    Thank you for all you do, Edward. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2010, 08:22:50 PM »

Done! I used this image for Gloria's avatar. 

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2010, 03:03:38 PM »

Thank you Klassend and everyone.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: March 15, 2010, 11:55:43 AM »

Gloria confirmed with me this weekend that the jewelery posted here at Scared Monkeys matches a set given to April by Gloria..
 She also said that that kind of set of rings is Very Common. She she is not saying thay they in fact belong to April.

Edit-fixed sp. of name. 

« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 03:51:03 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: March 15, 2010, 03:55:58 PM »

Gloria confirmed with me this weekend that the jewelry posted here at Scared Monkeys matches a set given to April by Gloria..
 She also said that that kind of set of rings is Very Common. She she is not saying thay they in fact belong to April.

Edit-fixed sp. of name. 

Edward, thank you for checking with Gloria about the jewelry. I sincerely hope Gloria will find the answers she needs.   an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.