March 29, 2024, 12:21:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #2 8/17 - 8/24/2007  (Read 270720 times)
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 09:45:34 AM »

Dugga is that a Commodore 64 in your pic?

I remember when I first got one, upgraded from my sinclair zx80 

Indeed it is, Blah. I was hot poop on my C64. Wrote my own software and ran a really busy "BBS" back in the day before we knew what forums were. Smile I'm old school.

Sinclairs were really groundbreaking little machines. Even though their power was very limited, they were incredible little feats of engineering in that they were so inexpensive. I've got a lot of respect for those old beasts. The TI/99s, TS-1000's, and even the old Vic-20!

We need to get to page 50 Very Happy

I can't reply without quoting.  Starting at about pg. 46 or 47, my reply button disappears and turns into reply print.  I am going to try to post this way.  It did the same thing last night.
Muffy, that button isn't for "Reply Print". Reply and Print are two seperate hyperlinks. They are wrapped because the numbers stretch out too far for it to all be on one line when the page count gets high. All you have to do is click on the word "Reply" and you can post as you always do. They look like they're on the same tab, but they are not the same command. Click on Reply and you'll be fine.
oldencrabby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007, 09:51:58 AM »

Good morning monkey friends!  Just checking in before heading to the kitchen, I have a bushel of green peppers to stuff for freezing today. 

I was checking out the webcams for Dean.  I don't know if I can capture the pics or not on this computer. Look at those clouds!   BBL.

http://www.bucuticam.com/tara.html

Special delivery!
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2007, 09:54:18 AM »

As a child I was extremely shy.  In this modern age my shyness would have been deemed a disability and I would have been sent off to shy boot camp.  But, back in those days it was just “he’s shy” period.

Eventually, I overcame the crippling shyness and discover there is not a living organism on this planet more important than my brief time in this life.

Now, I am a vindictive asshole that will go to great lengths to bust the chops of bullies across the internet.  And, you-know-who is in my cross-hairs. 
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2007, 09:57:48 AM »

Good morning monkey friends!  Just checking in before heading to the kitchen, I have a bushel of green peppers to stuff for freezing today. 

I was checking out the webcams for Dean.  I don't know if I can capture the pics or not on this computer. Look at those clouds!   BBL.

http://www.bucuticam.com/tara.html

Great observation...let me see if I can post the pic...

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2007, 10:03:11 AM »

Britney Spears used to be such a cute girl, but now she looks like an aged hootie tootie.  K-Fed actually is starting to look like the better person.

yep

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 10:05:30 AM »

http://tinyurl.com/ysozfx
Uncle Kracker fans...

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2007, 10:06:34 AM »

I am bored......

Siddalee Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:06 pm   

I recently bought a Toshiba laptop with 15-1/2 ' wide screen and Intel processor and sent it to Aruba recently. Purchased it new at Circuit City, less than $400.00 after rebates. I did put extra memory in it but it's a great computer and would have no trouble handling business programs. 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2007, 10:42:22 AM »

I am bored......

I recently bought a Toshiba laptop with 15-1/2 ' wide screen and Intel processor and sent it to Aruba recently. Purchased it new at Circuit City, less than $400.00 after rebates. I did put extra memory in it but it's a great computer and would have no trouble handling business programs. 

I'm not following you....... you sent it to Aruba??? Shocked

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2007, 10:44:01 AM »

I am bored......

Nevermind!!! "Sidy" sent it to Aruba. Not eough coffee yet!!

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2007, 10:45:24 AM »

I am bored......

I am too, Nut.  WHere is everyone posting these days?  I feel stymied and pigeon-holed.  I miss my monkeys mates.

Please excuse, I'm bored and frustrated.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2007, 10:47:08 AM »

I am bored......

Nevermind!!! "Sidy" sent it to Aruba. Not eough coffee yet!!

It's Saturday!  Hooray.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2007, 10:50:14 AM »

I am bored......

I am too, Nut.  WHere is everyone posting these days?  I feel stymied and pigeon-holed.  I miss my monkeys mates.

Please excuse, I'm bored and frustrated.

I don't know ...too quiet all around.
Here is a nice little movie for any and all Teachers out there and anyone with human compassion...
.....Make a difference
http://www.makeadifferencemovie.com/

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2007, 10:53:20 AM »

Elvis Presley impersonators take part in the first annual Running of the Elvises on the Nicollet Mall in Minneapolis.

Aug. 16: Priscilla Presley, front right, leaves the Peabody Hotel in Memphis, Tenn., with her son, Navarone Garibaldi, left, on the 30th anniversary of the death of Elvis Presley, her former husband.

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,2222,00.html#5_0
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2007, 10:55:47 AM »

The posting here seems to be in waves...sometimes, however, it just slows to a 'stop'.  Chat sometimes is full of monkeys, but I can't join in because this computer lacks the memory....so you are not alone.

Altmetroguy just posted something you all might want to read in the lounge.

In the meantime, I think it's time for me to find something to eat, having been up for a few hours and have only had coffee.   Will get some things done around here and come back later.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2007, 10:57:06 AM »

We are having a state sales tax holiday this weekend.    There is an outlet shopping mall  in the area that will attract 80,000 to 100,000 shoppers each day.  I'm not going anywhere near this place this weekend.  So at least I know what I'm NOT doing. Laughing

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2007, 10:57:32 AM »

EGADS....what happened to her face from the nose down!! EEK!! Shocked

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2007, 10:57:46 AM »

The posting here seems to be in waves...sometimes, however, it just slows to a 'stop'.  Chat sometimes is full of monkeys, but I can't join in because this computer lacks the memory....so you are not alone.

Altmetroguy just posted something you all might want to read in the lounge.

In the meantime, I think it's time for me to find something to eat, having been up for a few hours and have only had coffee.   Will get some things done around here and come back later.

Wait.  Come back...

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2007, 11:16:05 AM »

A man and his ever-nagging wife went on vacation in Jerusalem. While they were there, the wife passed away. The undertaker told the husband, "You can have her shipped home for $5,000, or you can bury her here in the Holy Land for $150". The man thought about it and told him he would just have her shipped home. The undertaker asked, "Why would you spend $5,000 to ship your wife home, when it would be wonderful to be buried here and you would only spend $150?"

The man replied, "Long ago a man died here, was buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead. I just can't take that chance..."  silent

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2007, 11:17:44 AM »

A man and his ever-nagging wife went on vacation in Jerusalem. While they were there, the wife passed away. The undertaker told the husband, "You can have her shipped home for $5,000, or you can bury her here in the Holy Land for $150". The man thought about it and told him he would just have her shipped home. The undertaker asked, "Why would you spend $5,000 to ship your wife home, when it would be wonderful to be buried here and you would only spend $150?"

The man replied, "Long ago a man died here, was buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead. I just can't take that chance..."  silent

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2007, 11:21:09 AM »

Dugga is that a Commodore 64 in your pic?

I remember when I first got one, upgraded from my sinclair zx80 

I had the Commodore 64,Radio shack trs80 and the legend..The Apple II  Razz

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.