April 25, 2024, 08:11:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #2 8/17 - 8/24/2007  (Read 271234 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: August 19, 2007, 12:21:30 AM »

Klaas,

How many flights on Sunday did we find there were from The Netherlands?  Maybe none but one from Curacao?

I really don't remember Anna.  I want to say for PVDS to arrive around 5pm he had to take a flight from Curacao and he could not have come from the NL.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #221 on: August 19, 2007, 12:22:10 AM »

I thought we could talk Shango in here.  No one ever goes into the other thread.  I am getting so tired of hopping back and forth and trying to get it in the right place. I ask a question in the Shango thread and no one answers me for hours...what good is that?  I am discouraged now, I give up. Hugs to Nemo. o
Lala's please don't leave, and Anna too, in case you're thinkin' about it ~ it sure doesn't bother me if y'all tango in here ~ I enjoy reading it . . .

I agree too, I am lost.. it used to be one thread for better or worse.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2007, 12:22:48 AM »

Klaas, was Paulus on Aruba at that time?  Does anyone else know.  I remember what Tibro said.  I just need confirmation either way. TIA

PVDS 6/23/2005 Statement - from BFN:

To your question whether Sebastian and Valentijn went to school
that Monday, I can state the following. Yes, they got onto the bus
and went to school because in the period that Anita was away they
took the bus every day

To your question whether I wait to see if they get on the bus,
I can state following. Yes, I stay and watch.

To your question how it then is possible that I had not seen Joran
get onto the bus, I can state the following. Of course I see the children
get onto the bus and that also is true for Joran. But unlike Valentijn and
Sebastian who went with the bus everyday Joran didn't go with the bus
once or twice during that period. But I do not remember exactly which
days he did not go with the bus. It could be that it was that Monday.
Most likely I informed the bus driver that Joran would not be going with
the bus. A clue to the fact that Joran did not go to school that Monday
could be that on Tuesday I insisted that he went to school that day.

To your question whether on the occasions that I informed
the bus driver that Joran would not be going with the bus Joran stayed
home or whether I drove him to school myself, I can state the following.
I did bring Joran to a place at the open air cinema. He got onto the bus
there. That was the first morning that Anita went to the Netherlands.
I at that time did not inform the bus driver that Joran would not be
going with the bus. Instead I was very angry with Valentijn and
Sebastian for letting the bus drive off without Joran. Sebastian
and Valentijn however where under the impression that Joran
didn't need to go to school that day.

To your question when Anita left for the Netherlands, I can
state the following. I cannot remember exactly but I think it was
the Tuesday or Wednesday before that Monday the 30th of May

that she departed for the Netherlands. Anita was in the Netherlands
for seven or eight days.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: August 19, 2007, 12:22:53 AM »

Klaas,

On the Court TV blog about Donna Jou they had a link to supposedly Burguss's web site "sinjin" and it has a terrible picture on it... like in a BR with something wrapped that looks like a head and legs... open to interpretation and this pillow and something... it is very icky looking. I feel like Carpe's stuff all over again!

Am I allowed to post that link or the picture on the Donna Jou site.. someone has lightened it up

Email is somewhere between here and there for you

Sure, go ahead and post the CourtTV link or the other link here.  That's fine.

Also, check your email and photobucket  Wink
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #224 on: August 19, 2007, 12:26:44 AM »

If I was Anita (perish the thought) I would be getting Paulus checked for Alzheimer's or Dementia.

Can he even remember if he got out of bed that morning?

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2007, 12:28:09 AM »

Klas my email has a twiddly ball on it (Mac talk== bad news, frozen, or kuput) wil have to force quit. I see email is coming in from you but I can't get to it yet... Hopefully you recd ATB (Area to the tool box) files from me. BBL

No will go to ref to get a coke cola and then check here for I know you are online

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: August 19, 2007, 12:29:33 AM »

Klas my email has a twiddly ball on it (Mac talk== bad news, frozen, or kuput) wil have to force quit. I see email is coming in from you but I can't get to it yet... Hopefully you recd ATB (Area to the tool box) files from me. BBL

No will go to ref to get a coke cola and then check here for I know you are online

Well check your photobucket because the RR photos are in it now Wink Look for a sub folder RR Area  Wink
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #227 on: August 19, 2007, 12:36:47 AM »

I must away and do Sunday arvo things.  Will return later and add to my Aussie thread.

Dear Lala's - I hope to coincide again with you and other monkeys to continue this discussion wherever we have to be.  I have enjoyed todays posting more than I have in several days.

Be good monkeys   Cool

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: August 19, 2007, 12:39:57 AM »

Later Tibro
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #229 on: August 19, 2007, 12:53:56 AM »

Klaas,  I emailed you the blog site URL The picture is creepy.

On about page 2 of the Court TV blog it tells about someone who knew him

Would you please show it and the picture on the DJ thread if you think it is OK to do so.. I mean it's creepy if it is his.

Wrapping up and would fit with my theory of the big round hole by the tool box site.

But the more I read in articles he was all over the place in S. CA.

He sure must have lied to here... Maybe he was a student from Holland???

Sorry, I am very  Rolling Eyes about using 20th century software in the 21 st century and just couldn't pass up that comment about lying.

Thanks to Klaas for saving me!!!

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #230 on: August 19, 2007, 12:59:11 AM »

Just found this book mark

"Any idiot can face a crisis-it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #231 on: August 19, 2007, 01:06:32 AM »

IBE,

Please be carefull out there!! You are a brave lady and are doing a great job for this missing person!!

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: August 19, 2007, 01:15:33 AM »

Klaas,  I emailed you the blog site URL The picture is creepy.

On about page 2 of the Court TV blog it tells about someone who knew him

Would you please show it and the picture on the DJ thread if you think it is OK to do so.. I mean it's creepy if it is his.

Wrapping up and would fit with my theory of the big round hole by the tool box site.

But the more I read in articles he was all over the place in S. CA.

He sure must have lied to here... Maybe he was a student from Holland???

Sorry, I am very  Rolling Eyes about using 20th century software in the 21 st century and just couldn't pass up that comment about lying.

Thanks to Klaas for saving me!!!

Done - just posted a bunch of the courtTV posts and links and posted that photo.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: August 19, 2007, 02:03:45 AM »

GOODNIGHT ALL!
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #234 on: August 19, 2007, 02:54:57 AM »

We seem to have drifted off course a bit in the past 5 pages. I only mention it because it's so easy to fall back into old habits. Discussing the case in the wrong area really adds to people's confusion about where to discuss what.

We now have a specific area where any aspect of the Natalee case can be discussed. It is in the "Natalee Case Discussion" thread, located in the Natalee Holloway section.

The Monkey Musings thread was created especially for socializing and general off-topic conversation.

Here's how I explained it last week in Chat: "If you want to talk about what kind of car Joran drives, that goes in the Natalee Case Discussion area. If you want to talk about what kind of car Dugga drives, that goes in Monkey Musings." Smile

Please don't be offended by this message. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I promise! I know it takes everyone awhile to get used to new things, and we're all working thru the transition. Thanks for understanding!!!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 04:07:36 AM by Dugga » Logged
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #235 on: August 19, 2007, 06:07:22 AM »

What is bothering me more is reading that the Prosecution doesn't prosecute unless he/she deems it in the best public interest to do so.

Don't see that ever happening in Aruba.

They do things for the "greater good."  Now where have we heard that before? 

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #236 on: August 19, 2007, 06:14:41 AM »

We seem to have drifted off course a bit in the past 5 pages. I only mention it because it's so easy to fall back into old habits. Discussing the case in the wrong area really adds to people's confusion about where to discuss what.

We now have a specific area where any aspect of the Natalee case can be discussed. It is in the "Natalee Case Discussion" thread, located in the Natalee Holloway section.

The Monkey Musings thread was created especially for socializing and general off-topic conversation.

Here's how I explained it last week in Chat: "If you want to talk about what kind of car Joran drives, that goes in the Natalee Case Discussion area. If you want to talk about what kind of car Dugga drives, that goes in Monkey Musings." Smile

Please don't be offended by this message. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I promise! I know it takes everyone awhile to get used to new things, and we're all working thru the transition. Thanks for understanding!!!

Well, then I think we have all drifted --- because we were told we could discuss Natalee here but if there was any concrete information to take it to the Natalee Holloway forum, and that the NH forum should be for solid news and not rehashing old things.  I am still confused, so I will just drift, drift away....this is all too confusing and I am far too old to be confused more than necessary.  Too many chiefs and not enough indians, and this old squaw is taking moccasins and walking away.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #237 on: August 19, 2007, 09:08:20 AM »

Well, then I think we have all drifted --- because we were told we could discuss Natalee here but if there was any concrete information to take it to the Natalee Holloway forum, and that the NH forum should be for solid news and not rehashing old things.  I am still confused, so I will just drift, drift away....this is all too confusing and I am far too old to be confused more than necessary.  Too many chiefs and not enough indians, and this old squaw is taking moccasins and walking away.

Dugga,

You are a very nice person, and you have done incredible work for this site, for which I know everyone is extremely grateful. You have tried so hard to give us all the things that we have asked for, and done a tremendous job of it. However, I think that in your efforts to make improvements, you have missed one important aspect of SM.

What has made SM successful in the past is that "stream of consciousness" thing that bothers you so much. When we all get together in one place and bounce ideas off one another on a variety of subjects, we do our best work. That's why people are hanging out in chat now and posting much less. As we keep saying, chat is the new LCD. In there, we are free to do what we used to do in the LCD, and that's what works for us. We need to be together in one spot, not scattered amongst numerous threads.

Would it be possible for the Musings thread to be treated like the old LCD was, and if anything of substance was said pertaining to a particular case, then one of the mods could copy it to the appropriate thread? We have more mods now, so the whole burden wouldn't be on poor Klaas. If we operated that way, then people who are interested in reading only in a specific thread could go to that thread to obtain the current information. People who need their fellow monkeys with them in real time in order to think creatively could have that in the Musings thread.

Please don't be upset with my suggestion. I understand what you are trying to accomplish, and I also know how unhappy many monkeys are at being separated and not able to bounce their ideas off one another. Please help us find a happy medium before we lose a lot of posters.

Thanks!  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #238 on: August 19, 2007, 09:20:55 AM »

This is an interesting group of hurricane models.  Most of them are taking Dean to Mexico.

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #239 on: August 19, 2007, 09:30:13 AM »

Why not just have a Lively Discussion thread where anything goes, including the all important social aspect of the forum.  If anything of importance comes up it could point to a more specific thread.  The lifeblood of a forum is the real time interaction of its members.  Take that away and you have a newspaper.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.