April 19, 2024, 10:53:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #2 8/17 - 8/24/2007  (Read 271107 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #300 on: August 19, 2007, 01:18:23 PM »

FYI - we have a list of almost 74 waiting to join SM. 

Shocked Shocked Shocked
(gulp) will they be bringing their own avatars or should we start wholesaling Photoshop?  Laughing
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 01:32:31 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: August 19, 2007, 01:19:06 PM »

FYI - we have a list of almost 74 waiting to join SM.  .

I just had a visual of monkeys swinging in from the jungle, waiting with their greencards, in line at SM cage. All sorts of monkeys, short ones, tall ones, old ones-you know...some with hats, some with cats.  Let the games begin.  LOL

Prior to approving the 10 a few minutes ago I had already approved over 50 since the new forum began.

There are still 64 waiting to be approved and I'll continue to approve thoughout the day.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 01:32:46 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: August 19, 2007, 01:19:44 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked
(gulp) will they be bringing their own avatars or should we start wholesaling Photoshop?  Laughing

CBB - who knows, LOL.  Some may never post! 

PS:  I pm'd you the list I just approved  Wink
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 01:33:01 PM by klaasend » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: August 19, 2007, 01:20:48 PM »

I just had a visual of monkeys swinging in from the jungle, waiting with their greencards, in line at SM cage. All sorts of monkeys, short ones, tall ones, old ones-you know...some with hats, some with cats.  Let the games begin.  LOL

Prior to approving the 10 a few minutes ago I had already approved over 50 since the new forum began.

Okay.  I can see Klaas sitting there with this big rubber stamp...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 01:33:28 PM by klaasend » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #304 on: August 19, 2007, 01:31:05 PM »

Once again I will chime in on this.

In the name of Natalee Holloway (and no other missing person) -- we have discussed celebutarts, music, favorite movies, clear pee and other health hints, travel and holiday plans and menus, jokes and riddles, trivia questions, politics, family problems, whatever news of day - just whatever popped into anyone's head. This went on for page after page in the Natalee Holloway thread - but not in any other thread.

It also was routine for monkeys to comment on the Front Page topic, in the Natalee Holloway thread - no matter WHAT the topic. I came to dread FP articles about Britney etc.

This was an appalling development - even if no news was the reason. I don't even have to say "IMO" - there cannot be a difference of opinion about that. (And yes, I have occasionally been guilty. But I don't generally come here to chit chat.)

It seemed there needed to be a gathering place to meet the socializing needs of many monkeys. This thread should be that place. I sincerely appreciate that it has been created.

As for S&S, I again offer the M&C thread as a comparison. If there's an incident, I am so glad it's THERE. I am so grateful to those monkeys who have double-posted crime incidents both at the NH thread and the M&C thread. Otherwise I copy posts to M&C myself, but there's always a chance I will miss one.

(And I certainly am glad it hasn't devolved into scattered off-topic comments.)

Similarly, if the (A)Musing thread drifts into a discussion of Natalee or S&S, and certainly if anything substantive evolves from that discussion, why not put it where catch-up readers find it more easily -- and most important, where it is in context?

I noticed that Nut (*I think*) posted here about the bone(s) found on Aruba Saturday a.m. -- a very appropriate News Alert. What little information we have about that is on the appropriate thread, not here.

I just don't see a problem.

For those who don't have multi-tabs for the internet - open multiple windows if you want to be here as well as in S&S or NH or another site altogether. I used to do that all the time.

I hope I have not offended anyone. I know that no one ever intended to be disrespectful.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #305 on: August 19, 2007, 01:39:25 PM »

lurking and reading a little..

one last post and then I am dragging Red kicking and screaming to THE MALL.... yes, the MALL Shocked

I just wanted to say that Robert Cooke was Red's roommate in Aruba .... and I will remind him to get in touch with Robert....

we really should take up Rachel's cause too... I know there are so many to think about, but we can do it!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: August 19, 2007, 01:44:55 PM »

Mrs. Red and Red ~ Thank you for the thoughts on Robert Cooke and Rachel.   
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: August 19, 2007, 01:47:48 PM »

Wanted to add that Anna and klaas also have copied items from the NH thread to the M&C thread. And others have done so as well.

(Special thanks to klaas for copying pictures. Sometimes I can't open Photobucket at work.)

This is a GOOD thing. No confusion.  Wink

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #308 on: August 19, 2007, 01:51:45 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Then bring 'em on. I'm armed and ready!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: August 19, 2007, 01:57:25 PM »

CBB - you are so funny  Laughing Laughing
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: August 19, 2007, 01:59:34 PM »

CBB ~ You are too cute and funny ~ I love it!   Laughing Laughing Laughing
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #311 on: August 19, 2007, 02:03:04 PM »

Good morning all!
How is everbody doing today?

Hello, NYC_lover............there seems to be a little confusion about what can or cannot be discussed on this thread.  Guess we're waiting for clarification.

How are things in your part of the world?

Ok, NJ_mom. I understand. I think, the things been well, in the world, where I live in.
Just was check de newspaper, De Telegraaf and was see, not really bad news. Only has a boy of 14 year, a boy of 15 year stabbed in his abdomen/belly. And a toddler of 1,5 year was falling in water, whereas it bride couple was, tell together yes. This little girl lays in the hospital now. Very sad! Crying or Very sad
2NJ_Mom
Look at the "Subject Line"  It should say whether it's Monkey Musings or Natalee Holloway or whatever Subject there is we have a thread for.  I love you to pieces NJMom, but I don't understand.  I think I know which way SM is trying to move things out of Natalee's thread that don't have to do with her case.  Should we talk about where we went shopping in that one?  I couldn't imagine doing that in the Missing and Exploited threads.  I wouldn't talk about my tax free weekend for shopping under Stepha Henry's thread...Maybe Natalee's thread needs to be moved over with the unsolved crimes.  Would that make it different?  I know it has been like the main place we all meet and gather, and I think that is what is trying to be done with Musings.  {{{hugs}}} jmo

I was not part of last night's discussions.  I posted three times this morning.  Once to bring forward Klaasend's instructions, and underscored the portion that was debated by some.  The second was this one you quoted, here.  It was just what came to mind when I responded to NYC (I didn't say 'I' but used 'we', which may have skewed my intention).  The third was a 'wave' to you. 

I do look at the subject line, and I do understand what SM is doing and agree that personal or idle chatter has no place in dedicated threads.  Sometimes it is not what you say, but it's interpretation that causes a problem.  Yes, I guess I was on that road of good intentions....it leads, well, you know...

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: August 19, 2007, 02:09:21 PM »

2NJ_SonsMom:  I didn't intend to turn it into a rant, and I'm sorry if it looked like I was on your case Sad  I know all about that road...lol   I was responding actually to a few other posters who kept saying they didn't post, because they didn't know where to post   it wasn't you I was actually aiming at.  You were just coming along at about the time I was going    I had been hearing/seeing fussing about where to post and then Mrs. Red posted, and then Red posted and I felt really bad for it all.  We have a great group.  And I love and look forward to posting with you, wherever we are in monkey land.   Will you please forgive me?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #313 on: August 19, 2007, 02:17:30 PM »

Muffy ~ Did I read somewhere in here that you were shopping yesterday at the outlet mall ~ if so, I can't believe you survived and are here today.  Shocked Shocked Shocked
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: August 19, 2007, 02:23:40 PM »

Muffy ~ Did I read somewhere in here that you were shopping yesterday at the outlet mall ~ if so, I can't believe you survived and are here today.  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Hi tcumom   No, I didn't go to that crazy outlet mall in San Marcos.  I ended up going to Best Buy and that little shopping center near Bee Cave was just empty. But thanks for asking.   Laughing

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: August 19, 2007, 02:27:17 PM »

Hi tcumom   No, I didn't go to that crazy outlet mall in San Marcos.  I ended up going to Best Buy and that little shopping center near Bee Cave was just empty. But thanks for asking.   Laughing
Our son was supposed to come up from SA yesterday ~ I told him to forget it ~ can you imagine the traffic?  I could have a panic attack if I thought about it too much~  Rolling Eyes Wink
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: August 19, 2007, 02:33:34 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked

CBB that is cute.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: August 19, 2007, 02:33:45 PM »

Our son was supposed to come up from SA yesterday ~ I told him to forget it ~ can you imagine the traffic?  I could have a panic attack if I thought about it too much~  Rolling Eyes Wink

I think you were right to advise him to not come home.  I couldn't imagine the traffic on I35 around San Marcos, Austin 

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #318 on: August 19, 2007, 02:34:58 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked

CBB you are so darned cute and creative, now that you have spruced up my avatar, can you come decorate my house for me!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #319 on: August 19, 2007, 02:36:32 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked

CBB you are so darned cute and creative, now that you have spruced up my avatar, can you come decorate my house for me!!!

I DO have the Ohio State Buckeye room done already...it's my son's bedroom!!! lol Scarlet and gray and boy scarlets are not easy to work with when painting!! lol

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.